Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? (37602 Views)

(Mathematical Proof) - How People Justify Buying Phone Of N600,000 / App That Cost ₦80,000.00 On Playstore / Sme Data: Get Mtn 1gb For N600 Or 1.5gb For N900 With 3 Month Validity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Lexusgs430: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
freemi:
like tonto n im papa. Lols

You changed your original question?.... grin
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by unscripted(m): 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Because it's not a smart or wise decision to you, does not mean the buyer is not entitled to spend however they desire.......

Your financial recklessness is another's been prudent........
well u r very correct on that point ..

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by CaptainFM1: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
The poor ration almost every thing!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Neoteny(m): 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
When you earn millions a month, 600k is like 60k to someone earning a few hundred thousands a month.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Lexusgs430: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
freemi:
so r u sayn tonto n im papa r game developers

They might not be today, but 2moro is still a possibility.........
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by freemi(m): 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

lols. Nawa
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by orunmila144: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
Numismatic:
If not because of our stupid economy, these phones aren't that expensive but for exchange rate. Imagine if 1$ is equals to say n100 naira, these phones would be quite affordable. Everything boils down to our shattered and battered economy
you are talking rubbish. even in europe and america people consider these phones outrageously expensive at 1000 pounds
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Idris29(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
Poverty is so real and obvious in our part of the world. I don’t see anything wrong or irrational in someone buying a phone for 1M if he or she can’t afford it, it all depends on priorities.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Xisnin(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
unscripted:
. I feel u r just trying to justify financial recklessness ... In most cases our only reason to acquire wealth is to oppress the next person . am sure if we lock most of the persons buying this phones in a room and tell them not to flaunt the phone or show it to any person .. They won't have a need for the phone again .. We just feel satisfied when we think we have what others don't have .. A very stupid way to live ..
I suppose you are as poor as a church rat and are envious of your slightly richer neighbor.

Be honest with yourself, why didn't you buy a cheaper phone than the one you are using?

An average wealthy person would never consider an iPhone an achievement or financial recklessness.
There are misers who might be disgusted but they spend money on other "worthless" things.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Xisnin(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunmila144:
you are talking rubbish. even in europe and america people consider these phones outrageously expensive at 1000 pounds
No, they don't.
Maybe you lived in the Ghetto.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by orunmila144: 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why would dangote foolishly spend all that money building that refinery?
foolishly ? that refinery will refine all the oil in africa hence why they had the free trade agreement. dangote will be the first trillionaire in pounds on the planet with this his refinery. you are too stupid to see
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by mechanics(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
It's just waste of resources and to show off.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by harryakand: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
The opinions i've read hear are all correct. Some buy because they can afford it whether it brings value or not, some just for showoff.
In a nutshell, if you can buy two iPhone 11 pro max without your account balance suffering, then you can afford it.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Ekaka1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Actually, it's not the amount that's the real issue. There are many products that cost more than #600k. But the issue is which value does it add to me that a #100k phone can't?

I think you get the gist.

Lalasticlala
The questions of the Amount and relative value are both correct
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by dvkot(m): 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
KngGezy:

Luxury and Necessities

An iPhone is not for those who needs a phone it's for those who wants a phone. The users wants it not for how it can serve them as seen with various Chinese models, that you can get 8gig ram, 1terabyte rom and 5000 amp battery for less than 100k. But they want it for how it can add to them, their status and their ego. Sometimes you are so rich that luxuries become Necessities because you can afford it on a daily. The good looses it monetary value and you cannot do without it.

Now to obligations, Alms giving is of God. God will tell a person when and to whom he is to give alms. Nobody under any law in force in any part of the country is obligated to give alms.

In conclusion everything is based on perspective
Wise words.
Some people here claming give to the poor have never giving to charity before.
How do you expect someone that have $2million spend his money
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Adiwana: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
harryakand:
The opinions i've read hear are all correct. Some buy because they can afford it whether it brings value or not, some just for showoff.
In a nutshell, if you can buy two iPhone 11 pro max without your account balance suffering, then you can afford it.

Jay-Z for president
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by harryakand: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Guyyyy grin grin
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by bluefilm: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
600K wey I go use buy car, naim dem dey say make I use buy one phone.

God will not forgive me if I make such a mistake in my life.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by orunmila144: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
wagazala:
@ OP, value and rationality are relative terms. What you see as value differs from another persons.

Your Google Pixel might also be considered as being irrational.

So there are several reasons i might want to buy a 600k for. Plus if 600k were to be .05% of your monthly income, would you bother?
thTS NOT THE POINT, THE POINT IS how empty and shallow do you have to be to migrate all your data and information collected in one phone into a new one ? as far as i am concerned this getting new phones is for empty barrels. real business men have so much contacts and investment portfolios in their phones that they can never change it because the information in it is valuable. most billionaires still use iphone4

1 Like

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by pureconscience: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ampiclox is the active ingredient no matter the brand name. ignorance would lead some people to buy brand name e.g becham. believing it cure faster. in conclusion, people make money from people ignorance.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by lloyds(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
For someone earning 5m per month, 600k for phone is like N100 to him.

That's the rationale.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by harryakand: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
Adiwana:

Jay-Z for president
Ever since I heard those words, my spending changed.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Lexusgs430: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
orunmila144:
foolishly ? that refinery will refine all the oil in africa hence why they had the free trade agreement. dangote will be the first trillionaire in pounds on the planet with this his refinery. you are too stupid to see

That's why people like you never progress in life.... You must always resort to insults to bully someone else....

I would be the sensible one and not waste my insults on you.........
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Lexusgs430: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
unscripted:
well u r very correct on that point ..

This is the way to debate, argue your points intelligently.....

Unlike some dummies........
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by orunmila144: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

That's why people like you never progress in life.... You must always resort to insults to bully someone else....

I would be the sensible one and not waste my insults on you.........
thats because you have nothing sensible to say lmaooo
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by A305: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
When you don't have money, you become very rational to managing scare resources however when you got lots of money, you spend first then justify the reason for spending afterwards.

There are 2k oloshos
There are 5k oloshos
There are 50k oloshos
There are 100k plus olosho

The question is are some p usssies made of gold or diamond encrusted?

Economics and rationality is such a diverse debate. Even availability of money sometimes takes away sense of frugality that's why you sometimes complain, when you change one thousand naira note because of 100 naira, the whole money is gone.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Odunolumide(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Actually, it's not the amount that's the real issue. There are many products that cost more than #600k. But the issue is which value does it add to me that a #100k phone can't?

Lalasticlala

The same way someone who uses itel nd techno 25k looks at you
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Lalasticlala
The same question a poor man will ask you is that: What value does your 100k phone add to you that their 20k phone can't? It all boils down to where we are coming from FINANCIALLY.
Believe you me, if you are as rich as even DANGOTE, you would buy the 600k phone.
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by orunmila144: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Xisnin:

No, they don't.
Maybe you lived in the Ghetto.
you are stupid. >>>> this is a forum for the rich in america and europe
https://mashable.com/article/iphones-are-too-expensive/?europe=true
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by funakpo98: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=GeoAfrikana post=82672366]

For me, the only thing that constantly increases with my income is my charity.

Yes the quality of products I buy also increase but I only buy what I believe has value.

For example, let's say I'm a writer. All I need a laptop for is to type, typeset, Google, read PDFs and maybe watch tutorial videos.
Let's say there are laptops within 50-80k that will satisfy my needs fully.

It would be wasteful and irrational of me to spend #150k or more on a high-end laptop made for gamers, data/GIS analysts and graphic designers just because I'm able to afford it.

Wouldn't it be wise if I purchased a 60k laptop and used the remaining 90k for other needs. If I have no more needs I can give it in charity to a family member, a friend, a striving student, an orphanage, sick people in the hospital or

tank u very much
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by Wettoid123: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
It is people that don't have value for money that can do it go to their bank account you will be seeing 0# the really rich ones are not loud.the ones that don't have just want to belong.
Somebody was saying when u get there u will buy it,let me tell you there are some super rich ones that we not buy it because as long as the one they are using can make call and whatsapp msgs,
Re: How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? by unscripted(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Xisnin:

I suppose you are as poor as a church rat and are envious of your slightly richer neighbor.

Be honest with yourself, why didn't you buy a cheaper phone than the one you are using?

An average wealthy person would never consider an iPhone an achievement or financial recklessness.
There are misers who might be disgusted but they spend money on other "worthless" things.
but really , don't u think u can still make ur point without the insults ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / 3 Things You Should Stop Doing On Your Phone This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.