Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out (24766 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking / All Students Forced To Attend Daniel Kolenda Crusade In Ibadan, Muslims Kick / Ossai Osanebi Sends 500K To Stephanie Idolor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by oluemmakay(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
Typewriters are now used to learn Keyboarding which is very relevant in the use of computer. Learning through the typewriter is rigorous but it really worth it. That's the course I lecture. I'm happy to see this.

2 Likes

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
atiku07:

why not change the topic in the syllabus to microsoft word and excel we are still on the same page the truth is those syllabuses are outdated pure and simple
we are saying same thing all excel and Microsoft is in computer, but senior school scheme. type writing is under business studies, and stops at Basic 3
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
midnighter:

Ok, but they ought to have gotten rid of this by now and replaced it with something more useful

The idea of a 14 year old hunching his frame over a typewriter sounds so very terrible

especially when you think of his equivalent in China...ewo...
Nothing good comes easy this thing you are so much in a hurry to dispose off was invented thru hard work. let the kids get this knowledge, it will come in handy. Don't compared Nigeria with China please.

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by midnighter(f): 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
oluemmakay:
Typewriters are now used to learn Keyboarding which is very relevant in the use of computer. Learning through the typewriter is rigorous but it really worth it. That's the course I lecture. I'm happy to see this.

So can you please help your colleague out and explain how it makes sense in 2019...we dont understand

Ok its more rigorous but very soon even keyboards will be on touchscreen so what does it matter...?

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
coolh3ad:

Really?. Na just waste of time to me sha when they can do soooo many many many reasonable stuff with the Computer... I learnt how to Type with the computer and I can say I am faster than someone that learnt with a typewriter any day any time..My Opinion shaa
And I know how to operate both. I am better than you in both regards
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by JubrinElSudan: 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
swear to me you did computer in school. The upgrade you talk of is what they offer as computer.
I did computer science from js1 to js3 but we didn't write it in Junior Waec so....?

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by midnighter(f): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
Nothing good comes easy this thing you are so much in a hurry to dispose off was invented thru hard work. let the kids get this knowledge, it will come in handy. Don't compared Nigeria with China please.

Lol, yes teacher.

but the thing is, why does there have to be a basic course for just typing. all courses including typing should use a keyboard...

I am not in a hurry to dispose of it, i enjoyed it in those days but its time to move on

In the full moon, i dont go out to listen to folktales as my grandmother did, I stay inside and watch tv...those are my new modern folktales.. but i didnt trash the old ones..

4 Likes

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
you are a disgrace to your career. don't mention me again.

My career requires that I made sure that you have all the advanced tech needed for you to transfer knowledge to your pupils, which I am keeping up,so there has never been a disgrace from me to it.

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by coolh3ad(m): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
And I know how to operate both. I am better than you in both regards

How?. Do you use it at your place of work to
Complete tasks?. You don’t know me. I don’t know you.. So no need to brag!..

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, yes teacher.

but the thing is, why does there have to be a basic course for just typing. all courses including typing should use a keyboard...

I am not in a hurry to dispose of it, i enjoyed it in those days but its time to move on

In the full moon, i dont go out to listen to folktales as my grandmother did, I stay inside and watch tv...those are my new modern folktales.. but i didnt trash the old ones..
Tell me, why do we study history. Why do we study the saying of dead men. if people didn't use and study this typewriters do you think we will have computers today with simple and efficient keyboard.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
oluemmakay:

I hope you know that the format in typewriter key settings is noW way different from that of keyboards
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
coolh3ad:

How?. Do you use it at your place of work to
Complete tasks?. You don’t know me. I don’t know you.. So no need to brag!..
I use it to teach and impact life, and finish my syllabus. That itself is a task. im not bragging please.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
Tell me, why do we study history. Why do we study the saying of dead men. if people didn't use and study this typewriters do you think we will have computers today with simple and efficient keyboard.

Remember the debate is not about still recognizing the old things, but about still recognizing irrelevant things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by skywalker240(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Stupid country.

Analog leaders in a Digital society.

3 Likes

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Itannooluwa(f): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
OTM students in tertiary institutions still use typewriter infact dey carry it around like brief case .......dz s Nigeria backwardness is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by KingsArome(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
This one na mumu, typewriter nd shorthand still be topic under business study. It all part of learning.

Also typewriter make learning hw to type more faster, if you discovered those people who learn typing with a typewriter, those people are more fast in typing job than we that learn with Mavis beacon using laptop.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
patorial:

My career requires that I made sure that you have all the advanced tech needed for you to transfer knowledge to your pupils, which I am keeping up,so there has never been a disgrace from me to it.
only u philosopher movie writer statiscian. a master of none and jack of all. you lack direction
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by coolh3ad(m): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
I use it to teach and impact life, and finish my syllabus. That itself is a task. im not bragging please.

Well done oo. You are not bragging abi, so please don’t say you are better than me...A computer will teach and impact life and finish your syllabus well well with ease...Simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:

And after they might have been taught the ways of typewriter they graduate only to use keyboards
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
patorial:

Remember the debate is not about still recognizing the old things, but about still recognizing irrelevant things
what u find irrelevant is relevant to others. typewriting is even a waec O'level subject.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
That makes me a genius cry

Chithauri:
only u philosopher movie writer statiscian. a master of none and jack of all. you lack direction

Besides I'm a master of computer programming and a slave to the other fields

2 Likes

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by midnighter(f): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:

We study history so that we can understand our origin. And if the young chap wants to learn about typewriters, let them introduce a new course called "History of Technology" where he will learn about typewriter, abacus, sundial, mangle, plough and all other obsolete technologies

Not to waste somebodys time in the name of business studies

Yes, now its time to study the keyboard and invent another thing...which was the touchscreen-activated keyboard by the way....

After that we should be using eye movements and facial expressions to type...but for nigeria we go dey siddon here dey press typewriter? at 1 hour to independence day?

nsogbu di

6 Likes

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
I want to prepare lesson notes. I have no time for una rubbish. its under our syllabus and no knowlege is a waste. until it is removed we will continue to teach it.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by NUJABEZ: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
AdoOloro:

She'll still be able to satisfy someone's appetite.
But you, what do you do?

Seriously?? You want to know what I do? Why?
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
what u find irrelevant is relevant to others. typewriting is even a waec O'level subject.

That it's still left in waec doesn't make it still relevant. Remember African leader have always had the bug in developments.
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by KingsArome(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
charlsecy:
Why would the curriculum retain an irrelevant exercise?

Those exercise ain't irrelevant, That exercise makes them to learn faster than using a computer.

1 Like

Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by patorial(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
NUJABEZ:

Seriously?? You want to know what I do? Why?

Pls this is not about what one does, but what it has impacted in the human developments
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Mizwisdom(f): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
What's wrong with it?
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Arewa1408: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
BravoDe:

I'm** not am

Are u truly a qualified teacher or the quack type?

It's "you"** not "u"........

Remove the log in your own eyes first.......
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by NUJABEZ: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
patorial:

Pls this is not about what one does, but what it has impacted in the human developments

You asked the question. I want to know why. Are you still typing with typewriters?
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by Chithauri(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
midnighter:

We study history so that we can understand our origin. And if the young chap wants to learn about typewriters, let them introduce a new course called "History of Technology" where he will learn about typewriter, abacus, sundial, mangle, plough and all other obsolete technologies

Not to waste somebodys time in the name of business studies

Yes, now its time to study the keyboard and invent another thing...which was the touchscreen-activated keyboard by the way....

After that we should be using eye movements and facial expressions to type...but for nigeria we for siddon here dey press typewriter? at 1 hour to independence day?

nsogbu di
in academics. A will bring a law, 200years later, B will come out with his own theory disproving A. 50 years later, C comes and say A and B are totally wrong. But why do we still study theory A and B?
you are even worst you want a separate subject for it. In basic 1,2 and 3 type writer is usually 3rd term. For 1 and 2 its the week 10 and 11, for basic 3 it week7,8,9, and 10. we don't dwell on it much for you to be advocating that we make it a subject. They learn about the keyboard in their computer studies and basic tech
Re: Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out by NUJABEZ: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Chithauri:
I want to prepare lesson notes. I have no time for una rubbish. its under our syllabus and no knowlege is a waste. until it is removed we will continue to teach it.

Your reasoning makes me sad. Yeah, continue teaching antiquated knowledge. I won't be surprised if you lack computer literacy seeing how you are fighting.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DELSU Final Year Students Write Exam At Night With No Light / Protesting UNIBEN Students Shut Down Main Gate, Highway / World's Smallest Girl Starts School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.