Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me (39265 Views)

What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? / How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Ayoswit(f): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
K
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by OgbanjeProphet: 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
I surfered exactly the same fate.

Foods to avoid,
1) coke, Pepsi and chocolates especially at night.
2) Noodles. Avoid them like a plague please.
3)cola nut,alligator pepper and coffees.

Having sex everyday for a long time is suicidal, let alone having it twice everyday for 24 days. Sex no be food nauw.

Solution,
Go and see a better doctor please.

I used this home remedy to cure myself:

Four seeds of mustard seeds after dinner will help alot. Do not exceed that number or take it on empty stomach please. Bitter leaf soup will be of help too.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Houseofglam7(f): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Become a nairaland mod.
They don't sleep undecided

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Exc2000: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2019

lagos for you, that state almost ran me mad i had to run away

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
phorget:
You need a vacation. Keep yourself far away from your work.

honestly wahala no be here

just buy tin tomatoes and malt and drink it with better sleep oo

u can add it with milk if u want, and thank me later
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by TenthMan(m): 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

A month ago, I suddenly started feeling pain in my chest and dizzy eyes and numb palms and feet, I thought it was shortness of blood because I have been stressed for the past 6 months waking up out of bed getting into traffic to work and coming back in traffic late at night.

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and tired through out the day

I checked my blood pressure one day at the pharmacy and it was abnormally high and I’m just 26 I went to the doctor and conducted PCV to check my blood count, malaria test and fasting sugar, all came out normal, he suspected angina so I also did an ECG which also came out normal, the doctor gave me paracetamol, vitamin B12 capsule and since then that is how I have been frequenting the hospital, each time the blood pressure still high.

Last week I was still at the doctor last Thursday and my BP was 148/96 at my age, yet the doctor doesn’t really tell me much he just keep prescribing the same sleeping pills and vitamin B12 and iron capsule.

Right now I presently can’t help myself to sleep, my day is always filled with fatigue, headache, dullness, I lose concentration at work, I can’t seem to get anything done because my eyes get heavy and my head be pounding me seriously. I don’t know what is going on I’m gradually losing the sharp young man I used to be.

Please, I don’t know if anybody has gone through a phase like this or if we have experienced doctors in the house please.

Please I need all the help I can get

Classic anxiety and insomnia cycle.
The feedback loop.
You are making it worse.

You might develop panic attacks if care is not taken. Stress triggered anxiety, anxiety triggered insomnia, insomnia made anxiety worse, worse anxiety leads to panic attacks and panic attacks lead to more anxiety and insomnia and the cycle continues.

I have a loooooong story for you.

Please I know I sound silly.

The best thing about insomnia is to do NOTHING!

Yes even I am laughing about how your response will be. Do nothing.

Let me ask you one question. Did you use to sleep well in the past? If the answer is yes now Ask your self, did you use to take anything....any of these fancy stuff here or doing anything to sleep? I guess the answer is no, right? You simply got home, maybe ate, bathed, watched TV and went to bed. You did nothing special.

Now why are you planning on something to do about the fact that you can't sleep? I have not started yet o. I am laughing because I have been there. Yours is even nice.

It got to a point that Nitrazepam and Diazepam became useless and my body developed tolerance. In order words they stopped working and I needed bigger and higher doses. Hahaha.. See. I have plenty things to tell you. Because I have been there and you remind me of myself. And when I look back now.. I just smile. See.. Your own situation is mild.

See I know you are listening to people. As it is you want a quick fix with whatever it is that is wrong with you. Hahahahahaha.. There is no medicine or portion or local herb or mixture. You don't even need them. I know my response doesn't sound like what you want to hear. You want a quick fix. A magic pill. Etc. As long as you don't want to be drug dependent for almost ever, then ignore the stuff you are reading here from a lot of persons.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
J111333:
I'm here to learn too because sometimes I have to take sleep aid to get a deep sleep.

Tylenol PM is my best friend on some Saturday Evenings.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Remi83(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Think u seriously need a wife. Could be loneliness
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by VisibleDreamz: 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
MedicH:

You're very likely having panic attacks though I don't know why. You should try diazepam for sleeping. Very effective. Bromatan is an antihistamine for runny nose and cataarh and has an unlabeled effect as a sleeping pill. It is not a first choice therapy for sleeping. Try Valium (diazepam) one tab at night for 7 days then come back here.

...but be careful with this drug to avoid addiction and / or dependence. Please, don't make it a habit by using it always.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by midnighter(f): 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
have you checked your thyroid..........?
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by VisibleDreamz: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
tabithababy:

Haaaaa. Fake online community health officer

Bromatan that contains bromazepam is an antihistamine for cough and catarrah Or don't you know bromatan, lexotan a nd talen contains bromazepam from different pharmaceutical company

Please be sure of what you write online and here you are prescribing diazepam just like that

Op, just try and go on vacation , also visit the hospital so the doctor can see to your high BP

Exactly my thought. OP, please visit a good hospital for your condition.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by PETUK(m): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Marijuana is the answer, get marijuana two wraps pour it in a kettle or pot put water half tea cup boil it till it look like lipton.
Drink it at least 2hrs before bed time.
You will sleep like a baby.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
cry

Masturbate regularly and you will be fine.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
My Mum just passed through this. Everything you just mentioned. She visited a doctor in Gwarimpa Abuja. Just last week and she is ok now. Sleeps like a baby. Still on the med. if you live in Abuja let me know.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by jojothegreat(m): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Medicinal marijuana
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by happney65: 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
OP,Nothing is wrong with you..Your problem is stress..You need to either get a place closer to your place of work ASAP or you leave that job and get another if you dont want to die young from something you can easily cure..Take a break for like a two weeks and do nothing but sleep and eat and moderate sex...

That is the way out...Believe me you will feel relieved..All you need is a less stressful life..But do I blame you?Capital NO,That is one of the pros and cons of living in cosmopolitan state like Lagos

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Dabson: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
You are lucky bro. I struggle to wake up in the midnight to study my big medical books.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by dustydee: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

A month ago, I suddenly started feeling pain in my chest and dizzy eyes and numb palms and feet, I thought it was shortness of blood because I have been stressed for the past 6 months waking up out of bed getting into traffic to work and coming back in traffic late at night.

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and tired through out the day

I checked my blood pressure one day at the pharmacy and it was abnormally high and I’m just 26 I went to the doctor and conducted PCV to check my blood count, malaria test and fasting sugar, all came out normal, he suspected angina so I also did an ECG which also came out normal, the doctor gave me paracetamol, vitamin B12 capsule and since then that is how I have been frequenting the hospital, each time the blood pressure still high.

Last week I was still at the doctor last Thursday and my BP was 148/96 at my age, yet the doctor doesn’t really tell me much he just keep prescribing the same sleeping pills and vitamin B12 and iron capsule.

Right now I presently can’t help myself to sleep, my day is always filled with fatigue, headache, dullness, I lose concentration at work, I can’t seem to get anything done because my eyes get heavy and my head be pounding me seriously. I don’t know what is going on I’m gradually losing the sharp young man I used to be.

Please, I don’t know if anybody has gone through a phase like this or if we have experienced doctors in the house please.

When last did you go for an eye test? Have your eyes checked in addition to other medical checks.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Mutemenot(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
taiwozainab:
This might help
As for ur bp... You won't bliv what I have to say but this is true... My mum's bp was higher than urs and she's spent alot... It's drained her physically and emotionally, OK... Someone later told her to grind ginger and lime(sounds awkward ryt)...she felt it was weird and she didn't do it and kept buying drugs, I went out of my way to try making the mixture for her and she sha managed to start using it, esp in her drinks and at times she takes it just like that, we preserve the rest in what fridge..to cut the story short after bout three months of taking it without meeting the doctor she decided to go see him and he was absolutely shocked the result he got.. Her bp was moderate, mum is still taking her ginger and lime o
As for ur sleepless nights.. Go to the pharm and get Nuravit.. You'll just be eating and sleeping but don't take it every day, a day or two interval is OK... Dont go to work Pls, take a leave of two to three weeks or even a month for best result... Thank me later �

Using the first is the best option, the later should be suspended for now. The result from taking ginger n lime can take care of the rest issue. Ginger and bitter kola, mixed with warm water and add 10ML of gin does the same . They 're powerful but people always want to buy drugs from the pharmacy or see d doctor for every problem they have
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
I will recommend you try cannabis (marijuana) . It is a wonderful antidepressants that cures insomnia and induces fantastic relaxation

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by greggng: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
taiwozainab:
This might help
As for ur bp... You won't bliv what I have to say but this is true... My mum's bp was higher than urs and she's spent alot... It's drained her physically and emotionally, OK... Someone later told her to grind ginger and lime(sounds awkward ryt)...she felt it was weird and she didn't do it and kept buying drugs, I went out of my way to try making the mixture for her and she sha managed to start using it, esp in her drinks and at times she takes it just like that, we preserve the rest in what fridge..to cut the story short after bout three months of taking it without meeting the doctor she decided to go see him and he was absolutely shocked the result he got.. Her bp was moderate, mum is still taking her ginger and lime o
As for ur sleepless nights.. Go to the pharm and get Nuravit.. You'll just be eating and sleeping but don't take it every day, a day or two interval is OK... Dont go to work Pls, take a leave of two to three weeks or even a month for best result... Thank me later �

How much is Nuravit
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
My own cure was
Download insomnia music and play it when I am in bed, and I put timer so it won't play all through the night

Clear my mind of any thought

Straight to dreams is next.

The reason you do not sleep is because you think a lot, simple

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Dabson:
You are lucky bro. I struggle to wake up in the midnight to study my big medical books.
Why can't you study during the day?
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by greggng: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
mysticgal:
Try taking codeine or prescribed sleeping tablets and jeez, chill on the sex angry

Codeine is illegal in nigeria...do you want him arrested?
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by litaninja(m): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
Take a vacation. Move closer to yaba. Don't let lagos stress kill you.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Dabson: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
iRyan:

Why can't you study during the day?
We are in class all day, you can only study in the night here. Except weekends.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by KulKid(m): 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:

It’s a new job and everybody at work have noticed something is wrong but I’m just keeping strong. Could it be the high blood pressure because the doctor has refused to say anything about it?
Are you a Christian? How closer to God are you? Are you depressed? Well these questions can only be answered by you! Truth is our beliefs are what works for us! If you belief your have a high blood pressure or insomnia you will have it even if truly you don't! From my experience of someone who almost died as a result of depression sleeplessness and attacks! Yea attacks...never taught there were spiritual forces till a dark creature held my throat and was strangling itself not me one night! Brother God is the solution to all problem! Just first be calm and think positive...then try to give yourself a break and in your free time read the bible! Go through Mathew Mark luke and see what Jesus did for people who have gone through worse than you! Each verse you see a miracle claim it to yourself with belief! That thing troubling you will run far! You're not sick you're just being projected taught that makes it look you are so as to make you eventually become sick! Please try to do all this things I said and most importantly give your all to God! It ain't easy but possible and you'll be fine in no time. Tnx!

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by zoghys: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound
sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and
tired through out the day

Am afraid you have high blood pressure, which is a bit bizarre considering your age. Am in my 40's and I have problem with my bp as well and I must tell you it not a pleasant experience. Firstly I suggest you see another doctor, especially a government hospital. Secondly, cut down drastically on your salt intake, because salt is largely a major reason for this health condition. Thirdly, check if any of your parents have this health condition as this will help to know if you start taking local herbs immediately. Eat lot of vegetables and if possible for now, stop using seasoning for any of your food. Please be advice see a medical practitioner to confirm first before resulting to self medication. Yes, some of the drugs can be expensive but they save your life at least at the initial stage. Ensure you take the drugs for as long as possible and when you are better, then you can experiment with the local herbs, that's if it's not heredity. Keep me posted of how when you're doing, cheers.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by vincixpresso: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:
Something I should also add is that in the month of August, a friend living in Ikeja travelled out of the country and had me stay in his apartment with my fiancé, I was very sexually active around this time, we had sex more than once everyday until the 25th of August, it was around 24th August I started feeling this type of way, we used condoms through out and I have checked and cleared all doubts of STIs, but the sex was quite exhausting at a time because she always wanted more while she’s on the plus size and I’m a slim guy, so you know I was exerting a lot of energy, my friend joking talked about checking my BP and I waved it off so I don’t know if High blood pressure could actually be the cause of all this or the blood pressure is a result of the sleeplessness.

Now you've solved the riddle. The exhaustive sex is the cause. I experienced such in my 4th yr in school. A girl visited for the weekend(on Friday), and we had more than 5 rounds of body recking sex each day, and by the time she left on Sunday, my ancestors were now in constant communion with me. I survived by Grace.

Funny enough, my guys nicknamed her oti mkpu(the screamer), cos her ring tone no be her, and it's always funny how people thought that I was killing the girl that year, when they didn't know the reverse was the case and the girl might be using that loud ring tones to drown my own voice. Ahhhhhhh, am still alive though, but I bn sick for straight one month after she left that weekend.

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Omoslim26: 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
I tell you with all assurance that all you need to do is to enter street and get yourself #50 weed no smoke am oh no b me send you smoke weed
just put it inside food and eat
come back and tell me Thank You Sir
if you are feeling the same way I am feeling right now.
YOU GO SLEEP YOU GO TIRE
and once again NO BE ME SEND YOU OOOOH
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by KulKid(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
And please stay away from sleeping pills! Trust me they are worse then cocaine! I have experienced this personally...the moment you're addicted to it you won't be able to sleep without it and it's not a funny experience! Almost went wacko if not for God! All glory to God!

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by RexTramadol1: 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Yours better o

Since the period wey armed robbers start dey disturb our area, na e I no fit sleep soundly again

We don collect watchnight o, but that trauma of ole ole ole still dey ring every night

If I hear small movement for kitchen, na till morning I no go fit sleep

E don tire me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Constipation: How Do I Treat This Long Term Disease Naturally? Please, Urgent! / Bitter Kola Boosts Libido, Beats Osteoarthritis, Researchers Confirm / Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68