Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday (35487 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by McXponent(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
� God is your muscle..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by KIDfurniture(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
Report to police....
Take pictures
Do not remove anything from the car.
Call your insurance company.

Hope na comprehensive oh.. third party will only get better slaps from police
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Firstly, take the picture of the theft and what was stolen, let your driver write his own statements and also go to the nearest police station to lodge your complaint or petition and also, get a copy of the true copy acknowledged by the police. Then write to your insurance company by email then phone calls to them. Add few Naira to your estimated cost and try to fix your own because waiting for the insurance coy can take ages too. Make sure if fixing by yourself instead of waiting for them - get receipts of every item purchased with labor charges boldly written and make sure the invoices has reachable address and telephone number and give the seller 1k extra to cover your tracks. Let’s assume brain box 30k - let him write 45k - give him 2k extra. That has been my format always and it has always worked for me.
kamtrix:
Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning my toyota corolla was broken into and vandalized. The small window at the back was broken and the car opened. The brain box and the power window rollers were stolen. We have insurance with Axa Mansard And we have reported to the police.

The driver has also taken taken the required pictures.

Please I need guidance and advice on how to go about it with the insurance company and what I should do as this is my first dealing with the insurance company after buying the insurance. Also, should I increase the estimated cost of repair to be higher than the real amount. Please this is an emergency. Thanks. God bless you all.

Please help push to fp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

You are in safe hands with AxaMansard.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.

Hope your car is COMPREHENSIVELY INSURED. Mine is...

You're attempting to defraud an insurance company and you say it online... What a smart person.

13 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by bonnyhope: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.

bro please, from what you said, is like the Axamansard is a reliable insurance company, if i want to insure my car, how much do i need to pay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by senchris(m): 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry for your loss. I had a similar situation two years ago. Did they take all the power window rollers? If yes, I think you need to increase your estimate. Did they leave your battery? They took mine too. I think you need to worry more about getting an exact brain box for your car. I changed more than three times and never got an exact one for my model and I got tired. The car was never as before the incidence. Disposed it and move on to another model and can now sleep well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by ovieneekperemo: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

Babe, I chop the money finish ehn. They said I should go to Ladipo, I told them I don't know Ladipo o. All my car parts na from Coscharis. Naso we dey wire mails like mad people.

I steal their money jare. Make another person make mistake bash me for that place again. Haqhaqhaq!!

The average Nigerian is a thief and a fraud(both the people and the leaders) . This is exactly why the country will never get better

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by CaptainMitch: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
Poco baby
pocohantas:

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by kollysnut(m): 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Im Nigeria, insurance schemes r scam.. Just save money n repay it or buy a new one.. They will blame u for spoiling it first
you know little about insurance .........

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by PassingShot(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

And you accuse our politicians of corruption!

You engage in unethical/fraudulent behaviour and you are even proud to say it loud.

Yet, the govt is always our problem according to some of you guys.

Change for good.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Lamanii22(f): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Wiseyoungman889:

Who asked you all these story?
Old newspaper better go marry

Who go even marry an outdated broke unknown tacha like you sef? sad
Oh Funny Toheeb or one Eedris Abdulkareem

What is this one saying bayii... It's not even corresponding with the topic...
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by aristocats(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Don't 5hink of inflating any cost because insurance doesn't make u gain from your loss, it only puts u back to your status before the loss, I mean u cant gain from the loss, they will put the car back to the status it was before the damage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by jclassiq(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
I thought the idea was just to repair your car. Never knew its meant to be a profit making venture.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

Babe, I chop the money finish ehn. They said I should go to Ladipo, I told them I don't know Ladipo o. All my car parts na from Coscharis. Naso we dey wire mails like mad people.

I chop their money jare. Make another person make mistake bash me for that place again. Haqhaqhaq!!

So you are ethically challenged like this angry cry grin

I started to post my own, but I thought better of it. Too many stalkers.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Why some people dey quote me na. Who I thief from? I filed a claim, they gave me the needed amount. I changed my mind...

How is that stealing?

Anyway, stealing is not corruption.

@Bonnyhope, I don't know where you are located, but you can walk into any GTBank office and their rep would put you through.

bonnyhope:

is it managed by GT bank?

Yes...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by dokyOloye: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
lagoskind:

You're attempting to defraud an insurance company and you say it online... What a smart person.
Na today I know say that girl dey empty headed.
Axamansard dey on nairaland sef.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Epzilon: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

I chop their money jare. Make another person make mistake bash me for that place again. Haqhaqhaq!!

Only God can save you... eventuary grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlxOqU_pUc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by A305: 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

look down

See my signa ture for the Lexus
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
ornicus:

So you are ethically challenged like this angry cry grin

I started to post my own, but I thought better of it. Too many stalkers.

Lol. It wasn't even the plan, I just started eating the money small small. Before I knew it, it couldn't order the things I wanted. Naso I start to postpone am, till I chop the money finish.

Abeg, this one is my right.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Oliver80(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Take it to an expensive workshop, ask them for estimate of repairs that you'll come back with the car when your insurance pays. Insurance might call them to confirm the estimate and cost of repair. Insurance will pay thelat amount or a little below to you directly.

Then you take your corolla to road side mechanic to fix for lesser amount.

If you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by bonnyhope: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
Why some people dey quote me na. Who I thief from? I filed a claim, they gave me the needed amount. I changed my mind...

How is that stealing?

Anyway, stealing is not corruption.

@Bonnyhope, I don't know where you are located, but you can walk into any GTBank office amd their rep would put you through.

is it managed by GT bank?
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by dokyOloye: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

cc: nairaland.com/axamansard

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by rhythyson: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:

Thanks. I've done my own estimate and it's 60k for repairs . Should I follow up the agent and is there any possibility of them trying to reduce the real amount. and is it advisable that I inflate my estimate.

The insurance company will not use your estimate to arrive at the real valuation. They have an ESTIMATOR that will inspect and advise on the next step. In some cases they will take it to thier prefered auto workshop and have it fixed. also note that the insurance company will not repair ANYTHING outside what was damaged.

Good Luck
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Orpe7(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Igbo boys doing what they know how to do best
Dont be surprised u will be buying ur parts back at ladipo market

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

cc: nairaland.com/axamansard

dokyOloye:

Na today I know say that girl dey empty headed.
Axamansard dey on nairaland sef.

If you like, send a mail to Segun.Agbaje@gtbank.com. It won't change anything. Emptyheaded creature wey like aproko pass market women. Spits on his face.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Rosarie(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
So painful
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by mechanics(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
You can't increase the cost of repairs because they will evaluate the damage by themselves.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Abbeyme: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Im Nigeria, insurance schemes r scam.. Just save money n repay it or buy a new one.. They will blame u for spoiling it first

I am certain you dont have a car, cos I am sure you do not know what you are talking about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Soon corolla premium go pass Benz. The moto na confam high risk.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by dokyOloye: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

If you like, send a mail to Segun.Agbaje@gtbank.com. It won't change anything. Emptyheaded creature wey like aproko pass market women. Spits on his face.
I don't have any problem with your thieving ways,na una normal Nigerian thing,though una go still de blame govt.
But it is very foolish of you to come and rub it on my face by posting it online.
Adios amigo.

9 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Opinedecandid(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
[/sup][sup]
pocohantas:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov Drives Around 'Gateway To Hell'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.