Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday (35485 Views)

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday / My Toyota Corolla Vandalized / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Ernesthugo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
I love u
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Doald717:

You ehn grin grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by pocohantas(f): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

I don't have any problem with your thieving ways,na una normal Nigerian thing,though una go still de blame govt.
But it is very foolish of you to come and rub it on my face by posting it online.
Adios amigo.

I will even put it in your peehole if I want to.

So, what can you do apart from tagging AxaMansard? Yes, I will blame govt. Na you and your government pay premium for me?

Wait till when I go for round 2, you will wail.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Epzilon: 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

I will even put it in your peehole if I want to.

So, what can you do apart from tagging AxaMansard? Yes, I will blame govt. Na you and your government pay premium for me?

Wait till when I go for round 2, you will wail.

ouch embarassed

BDSM freak
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Resurgent2016: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
I still need more contributions please

Sorry. Tell your mechanic to work on the new brainbox. There is a way they embed such that it becomes theft-proof
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Muhylonaire(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
Same thing happened in my church at ikeja 3weeks ago.
I think there is something special about the brain box, it was a toyota corrola too and they buggled the small window at the back vooooom the car was opened.
It is well jare
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by LordVoldemort(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
Everything you said is on point except the part you said he doesn't need police report, anything that has to do with theft you will need a police report to claim
BlueRayDick:

No u don't need to inflate it. Get a mechanic or an organized garage operator where u service Ur vehicle. Have them quote for the repairs.

If their quote is reasonable considering market value of the damaged parts, there might be no need for reduction in the offer u wilm get eventually. However, if the quote seems unreasonable in line with market value, the insurance company will do definitely have the items quoted revisited. The insurance company have people who are professionals that know the cost of repairs of these vehicles at their finger tips, so inflating the cost of repairs will do u no good in the long run and will only leed to the settlement process dragging too long

All you need do presently is fill a claim form( they should forward one to u), send the pictures of the damaged vehicle and forward the estimate of claims. Be rest assured they will call the repairer / mechanic who quoted the estimate( So it's best the repairer quoting puts his quotation on his letter head that shows his phone number/contact address). If the company is pro active u should get Ur claim settled in a matter of days.

NB: U don't need need police statement except it's an accident that involves loss of life/ bodily injury or total theft of the vehicle. Don't waste money collecting police report at a cost. Nobody will give u back such money

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by BlueRayDick: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
LordVoldemort:
Everything you said is on point except the part you said he doesn't need police report, anything that has to do with theft you will need a police report to claim

What he described is vandalism and not theft. His vehicle was vandalized . Trust me he doesn't need the police report.

This is a process i know too well
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by cachiskky(f): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:

Thanks. I've done my own estimate and it's 60k for repairs . Should I follow up the agent and is there any possibility of them trying to reduce the real amount. and is it advisable that I inflate my estimate.
Just contact ur insurance company first
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Baroba(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry man, get an alarm system fitted on your car..
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by shogz89: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Im Nigeria, insurance schemes r scam.. Just save money n repay it or buy a new one.. They will blame u for spoiling it first
that is an ignorant response. the only way he wont get his claim paid by the insurance company is if he dosent have a comprehensive insurance. insurance works very well in nigeria pls be informed and dont discourage people from insuring their property. if you have a policy with any insurance company and they fail to pay you kindly report them to naicom.
i pray you dont loose your expensive property before you know that insurance is cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by DeNovo: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:

Thanks. I've done my own estimate and it's 60k for repairs . Should I follow up the agent and is there any possibility of them trying to reduce the real amount. and is it advisable that I inflate my estimate.
Inflation of estimates is an insurance fraud, so don't do it. The Insurance company would most likely prefare to deal with reputable repairers of the mechanics they deal with. Just make sure they buy good parts and fix your car. All so note you maybe asked to pay a deductible of sorts usually 10% of cost of repairs or so
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by teymeah: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
infact i wonder just like you how owners of corrolla cars sleep with their two eyes closed. such a high risk car

pocohantas:
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

You are in safe hands with AxaMansard.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.

Hope your car is COMPREHENSIVELY INSURED. Mine is...
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by debetmx(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
I still need more contributions please

Just send a mail notifying Axa mansard of the incident.

They will respond and tell you the necessary documents to submit. Axa mansard will pay within 2-4 days of complete documentation (If genuine).
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by seborrhic: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
lagoskind:

You're attempting to defraud an insurance company and you say it online... What a smart person.
I am honestly shocked.
Guess he is assuming it's a common practice and that scamming is now accepted and approved,so no need hiding anything!
Just goes to show the average nigerian is a scammer.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by captainking(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
Corolla again? How do owners of that car sleep at night? That car is high risk. Sorry about your situation.

-You can increase the cost, but that won't make them not to bargain. They have mechanics, panel beaters and contacts in Ladipo sef. So, their representative would check out the damage and come up with a cost.

When I filed a claim, I quoted about 180k in damages. They beat it down to a little over 100k. After much back and forth, one rep called. Finally they gave me approx 150k. I also collected 35k from the guy that bashed me. Poor boy was using his brother's Corolla to buga, he had his babe in the front seat.

It has been months and I haven't fixed that car. I am waiting for another person to bash me again- same spot. So, that I will go back for another round. I promise to fix it this time.

Whichever way they bargain, they would try not to lose you or annoy you. Highest is that you won't see much "gain", but it must cover the damage.

haahahahaha ...werey....so funny...but comprehensive insurance is bae..That is how a lot of persons get new paint jobs....wait for someone to scratch and call on insurance.,...
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by tot(f): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
I am waiting to see some people on this post accuse the government of being corrupt on another post or even call the country a shithole. Bunch of thieving crooks. A people gets the leaders they deserve truly and indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by seandurse(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
kamtrix:
Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning my toyota corolla was broken into and vandalized. The small window at the back was broken and the car opened. The brain box and the power window rollers were stolen. We have insurance with Axa Mansard And we have reported to the police.

The driver has also taken taken the required pictures.

Please I need guidance and advice on how to go about it with the insurance company and what I should do as this is my first dealing with the insurance company after buying the insurance. Also, should I increase the estimated cost of repair to be higher than the real amount. Please this is an emergency. Thanks. God bless you all.

Please help push to fp
same thing happens to a white Toyota matrix on my street before dawn. Same items mentioned above were stolen. But ion know if dude have insurance or the owner. take heart bro. Was pained when I saw it.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by demoBaba: 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
My gear box have issue can I claim it from insurance company.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

If you like, send a mail to Segun.Agbaje@gtbank.com. It won't change anything. Emptyheaded creature wey like aproko pass market women. Spits on his face.
lol.
You don't even know what you are getting yourself into.
I hope it doesn't get to that sha,lest you'll learn in a very painful way.
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
demoBaba:
My gear box have issue can I claim it from insurance company.
No,no one does thay kind of coverage undecided
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by demoBaba: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
No,no one does thay kind of coverage undecided

Noted, brother.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
seborrhic:

I am honestly shocked.
Guess he is assuming it's a common practice and that scamming is now accepted and approved,so no need hiding anything!
Just goes to show the average nigerian is a scammer.

She doesn't represent the average Nigerian. The average Nigerian is decent, innovative and hardworking. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Teibaba(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry about the incident that went down.

Mainstream Global Insurance BROKERS Limited can be of good assistant to you for just free of charge.

Why don't you give us a call on 0907 771 5566
or mail us @ info@mainstreamgib.com and we will be at your service #FOC
free of charge
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by DaCharis2016: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
incogni2o:
If it is comprehensive. You are safe in hier hands, but if 3rd party.....pele
How? Pls educate me on this.
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

Naija problem is it's people

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Fogman(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry for your loss. If car was comprehensively insured, just send your Insurance company claim alert mail or a call, they will send you the requisite form to fill and documents to submit including repairs estimates. Please note that whatever cost you present to them, will be negotiated down. Though you insurance rep should be a le to guide you through. I used Law Union and rock and them pay me promptly even without coming for vehicle inspection
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by DaCharis2016: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is like effcc will come and be reading comments here o! grin cheesy
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Gbemmyxal(f): 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

If what you typed up there is true, you are one of the big problems Nigeria is facing.
Indeed Nigerians deserve the leaders they have

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by Acrossthebridge: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Last week i lied to my insurance that my car was stolen and I showed them fake evidence and they bought it now flexing my new ride will later sell the car and use the proceed to chop asha cheesy
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by greggng: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
When you say vandalised u didn't mention where the act took place. Does your policy covers vandalism. WELL I know about accident
Re: My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday by mediclife1987(m): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
incogni2o:
If it is comprehensive. You are safe in hier hands, but if 3rd party.....pele

So why do people still do 3rd party insurance if "pele" is their name?

What's d essence abeg?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov Drives Around 'Gateway To Hell'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.