Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy (17240 Views)

Meet Roxy.. My 3 Months Old Gsd / Roxy The Rottweiler / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
More

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hello everyone, so something funny happened today:
So Rex doesn’t bark if I walk in with a stranger they can even play if I’m there but as soon as Ieave, it’s you and him.
So Today my Cousin came to the house and as usual Rex was all friend cause I was outside with them and there were playing(in my mind I was like see security dog o) so after every they went inside and I stepped out of the house with a friend only to come back and hear that the same cousin was lightly mauled by Rex(Rex tore his cloth) and it was my younger brother that rescued him....honestly I laughed grin

Also I’ve been having issues posting pictures of Bailey
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Toju200(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
Dreazy23:
So Rex doesn’t bark if I walk in with a stranger they can even play if I’m there but as soon as Ieave, it’s you and him.
So Today my Cousin came to the house and as usual Rex was all friend cause I was outside with them and there were playing(in my mind I was like see security dog o) so after every they went inside and I stepped out of the house with a friend only to come back and hear that the same cousin was lightly mauled by Rex(Rex tore his cloth) and it was my younger brother that rescued him....honestly I laughed grin

perhaps your cousin was afraid when Rex wanted to play rough play with him...Rex smelled fear and wanted to take advantage..
I've had such experience with a Dog I knew right from 2months.A GSD that grew under my care.The incident almost got my leg amputated.if not for God.i was rescued by a Caucasian(RIP) she's Dead now.we lost her to parvo,Along side her pups....
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
Toju200:
perhaps your cousin was afraid when Rex wanted to play rough play with him...Rex smelled fear and wanted to take advantage..
I've had such experience with a Dog I knew right from 2months.A GSD that grew under my care.The incident almost got my leg amputated.if not for God.i was rescued by a Caucasian(RIP) she's Dead now.we lost her to parvo,Along side her pups....

I can’t say much cause I wasn’t around, it’s actually a behavior I noticed in Rex
He’s cool if the person walks in with me but once me or my brother isn’t there he would be aggressive towards you...my cousin taught he wasn’t aggressive at all i and that was the reason he went unsupervised
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Bailey:

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
She’s sweet and her aggression is something else.
I haven’t washed her for a while now but I comb regularly(bathing is war)

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
Toju200:

You knew the dog but my cousin just met him and wanted to play straight up(sorry about your experience though)
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by HawnsgistMedia: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2020
You said something about your dog being inside. My GSD just pees everywhere, especially when she sees me. How can I stop it?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by vincentjk(m): 3:02am On Jan 03, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:
You said something about your dog being inside. My GSD just pees everywhere, especially when she sees me. How can I stop it?

Is she always afraid?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:

I feel it could be excitement, how many month is she?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Spanishmilf(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:
Do u beat her?? Shout at her?? Please correct these issue before she grows up please it happened to my former gsd
Pet her
When do something wrong no vex, don't shout pet her within month if u do it she will regain her full sef.
It like a disease in dog � many owner don't know.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Pawsdogaffair: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
IamAnderson:

Do not mislead people,a dog is a dog. Start training early and if you cant,get a professional dog trainer with recommendations and proofs for quality dog training results,ask for videos,not video of his personal dog. Training duration should be at least 6-8 weeks and a good trainer will not charge as cheap as 20k. If you need a trainer for your dog or a training instructor, call paws911 and lets change your unruly dog into the best and obedient dog for you.
well sorry to break the news to you but if you wanted a dog that'll act like how you're describing then a Caucasian shepherd isn't what you should have gotten cheesy

they are very stubborn dogs no matter how well trained they are and I don't think 3weeks is enough to train an 8 month Caucasian to behave like a military dog.
training a Caucasian shepherd is a full time job, and they still won't act like how you want except you do it frequently and for long.
and I don't think walking him without leash in a crowded place is a good idea because people might get scared and act a certain way that can trigger him to attack, not every dog is stable enough for that exercise.

you can still train him tho but he won't pick everything well till he's mature, some commands you want him to learn are too advanced for his age(he's just 8 months right?).
I can give you a few tips but don't expect too much from a puppy.
and I'm very sure the trainer's dog isn't a Caucasian or 8 months old, the breed and age of your dog has to be considered during training
send me a message on Whatsapp
p.s tarik looks nice, I've seen his parents he's growing well
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Pawsdogaffair: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good day sir,do you still need a dog trainer or a training instructor? Here is my number 08058327068. Lagos based dog trainer but I have been training dogs for people in other states lately on demands.
Dreazy23:

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Pawsdogaffair: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good day sir,my name is Adewale, @paws911_ dogsaffair. If you are still in need of a professional dog trainer or training instructor,please do contact us 08058327068. We don't only train the dog,we train the owner to know how to train his dog.
Greenarrow01:

so my dog karik is now 8months plus.
got a good trainer for him about three weeks ago.
the trainer seems good..cos his dog is well trained.
man can ask the dog to stay at a point for 20 minutes and he will stay. he attacks on the word "get him" and stops only when asked to. the dog understands so many commands.
i paid 20k for my dog to be trained by this man. paid 10k in advance..and will bal the rst. my dog hasnt picked oooh

the man cimes only once in 4 days.. and the deal was to run for 2 weeks.. tgen extra two weekend.
in all karik hasnt learned much.

i now have holidays from monday till next year..i will wanna do this training myself.

how shoukd i go about it.

1. stop the dog from draging me or goingbin front, side ways or behind when i am walking him

2 obey commans once..without me repeatung those commands.

3. obey the stop command, get him command. come here command, lie down command, shake command, inside command and jump command.

4. what treat can i use effectively.

5. will 3 weeks be enough.

i have watched videos and i am not getting them wella.
i wanna be able to walk my dog round a crowdy place without leash..or fair.

also.. man is so afraid of crossing expreess.. this is a dog i have walked atleast twice weekly along tarred road since he was two montgs plus.

karik is a caucasian...

Son of pumba and Lola of bsquared
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Pawsdogaffair post=85643285][/quote]
nobody is misleading anyone, it's simply not possible to train an 8 month old Caucasian to behave like how he wants in 3 weeks.
and "a dog is not a dog" different breeds have different response speeds. which is why "trainability" is a section in list of breed traits.
Caucasian Shepherds are naturally stubborn and harder to train, it's a fact.
I've never seen any dog trainer,breeder or owner both online and in real life describe the Caucasian as an easily trainable or obedient dog, it takes more to train one and
ask anybody that owns a Caucasian and a gsd,Mali or dobberman which one responds faster to commands and you'll see the difference
and about what I said about them being stubborn no matter how well trained they are, that's also very true, sometimes they ignore commands they usually respond to when they feel like or obey the command from the person they see as the alpha and ignore the person they feel they are superior to.
even when well trained, some of them still show signs of stubbornness and dominance sometimes.
it's just how they usually are
you can compare their trainability score with other dogs, it's a well known fact

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by HawnsgistMedia: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Do u beat her?? Shout at her?? Please correct these issue before she grows up please it happened to my former gsd
Pet her
When do something wrong no vex, don't shout pet her within month if u do it she will regain her full sef.
It like a disease in dog � many owner don't know.

I dont beat her. Even when I shout at her sometimes she doesn't run away she's still comes close wagging her tail and jumping on me. I think it's excitement. She's always very happy when she see me that urine just starts falling. It's annoying
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by HawnsgistMedia: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dreazy23:

I feel it could be excitement, how many month is she?
4 months
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by UniportAgbero: 7:26am On Jan 11, 2020
Happy new year Rex
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:21am On Jan 11, 2020
IamAnderson:

nobody is misleading anyone, it's simply not possible to train an 8 month old Caucasian to behave like how he wants in 3 weeks.
and "a dog is not a dog" different breeds have different response speeds. which is why "trainability" is a section in list of breed traits.
Caucasian Shepherds are naturally stubborn and harder to train, it's a fact.
I've never seen any dog trainer,breeder or owner both online and in real life describe the Caucasian as an easily trainable or obedient dog, it takes more to train one and
ask anybody that owns a Caucasian and a gsd,Mali or dobberman which one responds faster to commands and you'll see the difference
and about what I said about them being stubborn no matter how well trained they are, that's also very true, sometimes they ignore commands they usually respond to when they feel like or obey the command from the person they see as the alpha and ignore the person they feel they are superior to.
even when well trained, some of them still show signs of stubbornness and dominance sometimes.
it's just how they usually are
you can compare their trainability score with other dogs, it's a well known fact

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:24am On Jan 11, 2020
HawnsgistMedia:

4 months

From what I read above and this, I would just say spend time with your dog and also she should be left outside atleast till you can Curtail it.(why is she still inside at 4months though)
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2020
UniportAgbero:
Happy new year Rex

Same to you, how’s your pup fairing

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by UniportAgbero: 1:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Dreazy23:

Same to you, how’s your pup fairing

They are fine o. It's this Parvo thing that is scaring me.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
UniportAgbero:

They are fine o. It's this Parvo thing that is scaring me.

So far Zeus has been vaccinated, you just need to be careful of your environment

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by UniportAgbero: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dreazy23:

So far Zeus has been vaccinated, you just need to be careful of your environment

He has completed his shots. Can one be too careful?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
UniportAgbero:

He has completed his shots. Can one be too careful?
Not at all, I take my Dogs out once a week and also a particular path that’s neat

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
Good day everyone, Bailey has parvo( it was confirmed). She’s has been manifesting symptoms and all.
We’ve been feeding her raw egg yolk, glucose, grinded cray fish, multivitamins and liver cod oil mix through a syringe.
Hoping not to loose another pup, she’s on drip also.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Dreazy23:
Good day everyone, Bailey has parvo( it was confirmed). She’s has been manifesting symptoms and all.
We’ve been feeding her raw egg yolk, glucose, grinded cray fish, multivitamins and liver cod oil mix through a syringe.
Hoping not to loose another pup, she’s on drip also.
I'm just seeing this right now.... is she okay??
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
IamAnderson:

I'm just seeing this right now.... is she okay??

Oh, yeah
She recovered, placed her on egg diet mixed with supplements coupled with the drips she took, she recovered fine.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 5:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Dreazy23:

Oh, yeah
She recovered, placed her on egg diet mixed with supplements coupled with the drips she took, she recovered fine.
that's so good to hear
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:27am On Mar 09, 2020
IamAnderson:
that's so good to hear
Yeah
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by seunmohmoh(f): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2020
Is there a present for newcomers?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Is there a present for newcomers?
Well, not really but you’re welcomed wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plz Expert,how Can I Make My Dog Aggressive And Bark? / Caucasian Dog In Nigeria / Meet Zoey My Sable Female GSD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.