Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy (17263 Views)

Meet Roxy.. My 3 Months Old Gsd / Roxy The Rottweiler / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:27am On Apr 29, 2020
space9880:
I've never had problem walking any dog I've owned
When I meant exhausting, I was talking about walking a greater distance compared to the previous distance we covered
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Enano2baba(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2020
Nice thread. Great dogs
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2020
Enano2baba:
Nice thread. Great dogs
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2020
Rex
10months

Feel free to state observations

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2020
Bailey

7months

Once more, feel free to state observations

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Haroldjunior: 10:58am On May 18, 2020
Very beautiful. I once had a rott named Bailey, but she died at 3 months. You're doing great bro ❤
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2020
Dreazy23:
Rex 10months
wow, Rex is turning out so good grin

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by ShobsOnline: 1:09pm On May 18, 2020
Dreazy23:
Rex 10months
Rex is growing beautifully, Well done!

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2020
Haroldjunior:
Very beautiful. I once had a rott named Bailey, but she died at 3 months. You're doing great bro ❤
Thanks grin, sorry about your dog
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2020
IamAnderson:

wow, Rex is turning out so good grin
Thanks grin
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
ShobsOnline:
Rex is growing beautifully, Well done!
Thanks, I discovered that females are quite different from the males
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2020
A summary of their character :

Bailey has been picking a lot from Rex, she’s a lot more active and and shows more aggression than Rex; Rex is reserved and only shows aggression when strangers are in the house but Bailey on the other hand shows a bit of aggression even outside.

Rex is still a cry baby(he has always been like that since he was a pup). He always try to find his way into the house or if he’s lock up in his kennel for too long will start to whine. He loves his grooming sessions unlike Bailey that I would have to keep her mouth busy else she will try to chew my hand or the brush.

Bailey is far more obedient compared to Rex also
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Update cool

Bailey is no longer friendly to strangers, i think I’ve made mention of the fact that she’s pretty aggressive compared to Rex but in term of guard duty she’s was just not there while Rex would be making efforts to attack from his kennel Bailey would just pack one side grin

Now I know her parent were pretty aggressive so I wasn’t really Concern with her behavior.

P.s she’s going to be 8months on the 10th and she’s just showing signs of a guard dog. so therefore, I would urge people to be patient with their dogs, just let them grow
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Rex:
So I think it’s the season for Caucasians to shed or something cause Rex has been shedding a lot. Please if you’re not ready to sit for a long period of time dragging the undercoat of your dog out, do not get a Caucasian shepherd. This is the first time I’m experiencing this and damn it’s exhausting but the after look and feel is comforting. grin
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Medunah: 4:37am On Jun 11, 2020
Your dogs look very well groomed, well done

Our dog has been shedding a whole lot lately too

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Medunah:
Your dogs look very well groomed, well done

Our dog has been shedding a whole lot lately too
Thanks a lot.

Hope you’re assisting the shedding process.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by oshdot(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Bro please which dry food did you feed red and roxy when they were still relatively small? My Caucasian puppy, Marcus, wouldn't eat the dry food I got him, booster dry puppy food. Tried everything possible to make him eat them all to no avail.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
oshdot:
Bro please which dry food did you feed red and roxy when they were still relatively small? My Caucasian puppy, Marcus, wouldn't eat the dry food I got him, booster dry puppy food. Tried everything possible to make him eat them all to no avail.

I use Optimax puppy food, I have the same issue with Rex; what I did was that I mixed the dry food with table food(rice or potatoes) then slice meat or eggs into tiny pieces so he won’t select the meat/egg and serve. If you don’t want to mix with Table food you can just deep the dry food into warm water for like 10 seconds and add your sliced meat and serve. These are the techniques I used on Rex and he eats it (he’s still a picky eater)
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by oshdot(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Dreazy23:

I use Optimax puppy food, I have the same issue with Rex; what I did was that I mixed the dry food with table food(rice or potatoes) then slice meat or eggs into tiny pieces so he won’t select the meat/egg and serve. If you don’t want to mix with Table food you can just deep the dry food into warm water for like 10 seconds and add your sliced meat and serve. These are the techniques I used on Rex and he eats it (he’s still a picky eater)

Thanks, even though I have tried mixing the meat with the dry food on numerous occasions and he would just pick out the meat (I do slice the meat into tiny pieces too) and leave the dry food. The matter don tire me jare, will try soaking the dry food in warm water before serving as advised, painful thing is I have got a whole bag of the booster dry food and he is just not eating it, all he eats for now is booster can food (sometimes mixed with rice).
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
oshdot:

Thanks, even though I have tried mixing the meat with the dry food on numerous occasions and he would just pick out the meat (I do slice the meat into tiny pieces too) and leave the dry food. The matter don tire me jare, will try soaking the dry food in warm water before serving as advised, painful thing is I have got a whole bag of the booster dry food and he is just not eating it, all he eats for now is booster can food (sometimes mixed with rice).

Okay, hope the soaking worked for you...
Another thing you can try is the meat or chicken broth
If I may ask how many months is he
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Coolkid11(m): 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
Are they for sale
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Coolkid11:
Are they for sale
Not at all
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by oshdot(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dreazy23:

Okay, hope the soaking worked for you...
Another thing you can try is the meat or chicken broth
If I may ask how many months is he

Thanks, he has started eating the dry food bit by bit now, even without mixing it with anything. Noticed he only eats it when he is dead hungry though.

He will be 8weeks in three days time.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by oshdot(m): 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Oh and yes, the soaking worked too. The only problem I have with soaking the dry food though is that the ones left uneaten tend to become waste the following day.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
oshdot:

Thanks, he has started eating the dry food bit by bit now, even without mixing it with anything. Noticed he only eats it when he is dead hungry though.

He will be 8weeks in three days time.

That’s nice, he’s still young; as he grows his appetite will improve sha

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bailey at 9months

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dreazy23:
Beautiful
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good day everyone, Rex is available for stud in Abj and boarding can be taken care of
He’s currently 78cm at withers
Weight unknown
You can reach me on 09040107824

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by TamedWhisperer(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dreazy23:
Good day everyone, Rex is available for stud in Abj and boarding can be taken care of
He’s currently 78cm at withers
Weight unknown
You can connect me on 09040107824

Beautiful dogs you have there Dreazy23, followed from page 1 and sorry about Roxy.

I'm looking at getting my first pup (well, first in many years) in a couple of months too. As much as I love Caucasians, I have decided to start with a Boerboel and after getting my people used to huge dogs I'd get a Caucasians as well and I have people to point me in the right direction grin.

Genuine question though: Judging by the timeline, I believe Rex will be about 12 months old now, isn't that young to start mating him? I'm generally of the opinion that dogs (male/female) should probably start breeding from 18 months and above (guess I just like then a bit more matured).
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

Beautiful dogs you have there Dreazy23, followed from page 1 and sorry about Roxy.

I'm looking at getting my first pup (well, first in many years) in a couple of months too. As much as I love Caucasians, I have decided to start with a Boerboel and after getting my people used to huge dogs I'd get a Caucasians as well and I have people to point me in the right direction grin.

Genuine question though: Judging by the timeline, I believe Rex will be about 12 months old now, isn't that young to start mating him? I'm generally of the opinion that dogs (male/female) should probably start breeding from 18 months and above (guess I just like then a bit more matured).

Thank you sir grin
I really hope you find a breed that suits you and all, you sound so much like a dog lover

Answer to your question: Rex is 13months as of now, I’ve not really found any info on stud to be crossed from 18months that was approve, I think it’s one of the many rumors in the dog word e.g raw feeding makes your dog aggressive. Please if I’m wrong, you can help spread the light on this more

Also placing him as a stud now doesn’t really mean a female is readily available rn, so he can still grow while he awaits availability. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ironically, Bailey is on her first heat which just started today.
No plans of mating!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plz Expert,how Can I Make My Dog Aggressive And Bark? / Caucasian Dog In Nigeria / Meet Zoey My Sable Female GSD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.