Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,099 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 (48145 Views)

Reps Committee Turned Back Ministries With Unspent 2020 Budget / Falling Oil Price: Fayemi Says States May Get Zero FAAC Allocations In June / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by comrChris(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
Something isn't just adding up
The said breakdown doesn't sum up to 5trillion let alone 10.

82bil for water? I don't understand where and how they spend the money..
See where Education and Health are self.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by phemmie06(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
ojonugwa25:
When is water free in Nigeria that is gulping #82billions , Education #48billions i sorry for Nigeria.
Main reason there kids no study for Nigeria
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
deji17:

You have a good point. But I have a question. Where do you suggest the money should come from ? Tax?

where else?

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Yakarii: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:

You even have time to educate the children of hate who know nothing but just comment.
[/s]
shatap
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Yakarii: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:

UBEC is under Education for Gods sake.
[/s]
trash
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
ola33t:
Stupid country, waste land.
Just a cycle of the usual unproductive shiits.

Brain dead old fools.
and you are living in a stupid country that makes you a stupid person.

2 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by deji17: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
isthatso:

where else?

Who will pay? only 2% increase in VAT that affects luxurious goods. Everybody is up in arms against the Govt. Drag more people into the tax net seems a good option but it will not happen overnight.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by psucc(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
Whenever I see people praising government on budgets or even hoping that the government has a good plan based on the paperwork, I feel sad. So sad!

To such people, I wish they set their eyes on the review of previous years budget performance, they will become so sad that some will slip into depression. This is because whereas recurrent expenditures will receive funding between 80-100%, the capital votes will only be a paltry 30- 60%. Again only ministries with intangible programmes will get between 40-60% funding. On the remarks column, you see "lack of funds" "paucity of fund", etc.

For those that will tag me, I have worked on budgets for the past 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
comrChris:
Something isn't just adding up
The said breakdown doesn't sum up to 5trillion let alone 10.

82bil for water? I don't understand where and how they spend the money..
See where Education and Health are self.

the list of ministries is not complete.

82 billion is nothing, recurrent will take away half didvide the rest by 36 states, divide the rest by hafl to factor in kickback and inefficiencies and you are lucky if federal water project spending that reaches your state is up to 500M, thats why you never know where they spend the money because 1 project in a part you have never been in your state can take up the whole 500m
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by CoolAmbience(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
etebefia:
48b only for education? It's obviously the Fulani herdmen will take a bulk of the agriculture budget.

You should be smart enough to understand that the fund allocated to UBEC is part of the Education budget as well.

If dem say make people wey go school dey come out, you too go follow come out....

2 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by mammanbawa: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
life2017:

UBEC 112b is also education. That is Universal Basic Education Commission
Finally
Someone with sense
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ithink7: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Guy, that 83b is going to the north. Maybe you don't know, most of the youths in the north have been getting free money for farming. Meanwhile, farmers in the south are getting little or nothing. You see why many dislike Buhari's style of govt.

Simplyleo:
83b for agriculture.

Very impressive.

Nigeria on the road to food self sufficiency.

Whether lazy idiots like it or not is immaterial.

Ewu container economy.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
No hope for Nigeria.

Water budget higher than education

Look at Buhari smiling and proud of this anemic budget.
you are the one who does not have hope . check the meaning of UBEC before you continue displaying your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
deji17:

Who will pay? only 2% increase in VAT that affects luxurious goods. Everybody is up in arms against the Govt. Drag more people into the tax net seems a good option but it will not happen overnight.

thats why our budget is so pathetic, people want services but dont want to pay. i dont blame them because they know the crooks will chop everything.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ficeo:
Nigerians should expect total power outage. I weep for this my country Nigeria.
what is the meaning of NEDC?

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by luluosas(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
I weep for health and education sector
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by CoolAmbience(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
toprealman:
Water-82B
Education-48B

Don't be like this please....can't you reason that the UBEC fund is still part of the Education budget?

Nawa o!
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by luluosas(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
North East Development Commission
ogunsj:
what is the meaning of NEDC?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
thehappyone:
. Just take a look at the amount appropriated for health and education. It shows the seriousness of a nation.
how tax do you pay? is it to just call figures?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
how much tax do you pay? is it to just call figures?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by mechanics(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
Works and housing, I didn't see any thing tangible in that sector o, except the few roads that's on construction and yet to be completed but no cheap affordable accommodation for the masses, even the ones available are expensive under National housing fund.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by toprealman: 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Don't be like this please....can't you reason that the UBEC fund is still part of the Education budget?

Nawa o!

Have you asked why they seperated the two?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
del
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
you are the one who does not have hope . check the meaning of UBEC before you continue displaying your ignorance.

our spending on education is still pathetic. South Africa spend $17B on education last year, their population is one third ours. We have to add the total spending from state govts to get an accurate picture but I will be shocked if the entire country, state, federal spending on education adds up to $2B

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/budget2019-education-and-culture-biggest-spend-items-in-budget-19403738
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
mechanics:
Works and housing, I didn't see any thing tangible in that sector o, except the few roads that's on construction and yet to be completed but no cheap affordable accommodation for the masses, even the ones available are expensive under National housing fund.

Thats why roads are never finished and theres no cheap accomodation....ther is no money. We dont pay enough taxes, or we are not a rich country, take your pick!!!

we are budgeting 10T for total govt spending, SA is Budgeting 5T for education alone. their road maintenance agency (not construction o, just maintenance like FERMA) has an annual budget of $1.9Billion. But they pay tax on petrol, they pay tax on cigarettes, they pay tax on everything. you get what you pay for, you pay peanuts you get monkeys

4 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Yakarii: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:

I hope you saw UBEC Allocation, I wonder how you people reason at times
[/s]
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
nobodytestme:
To whom does the water allocation go to please, because virtually almost every home / household provides water for themselves via borehole.

And I don’t see an allocation on Electricity either, means no hope in that sector then, so why waste money there , good one from oga presido,.
Bottom line , go and buy your own Gen.

I think the water allocation should be cancelled out too, since we all provide water ourselves ..

Allocation this , Allocation that, as if it will impact any change

my friend water does not mean domestic water provision who is exclusive right of state and local govt.but we are talking about dams and irrigation here which is capital intensive. if you don't know the importance of dams and irrigation to any country please google it.thanks
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by johnisaola(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
Why education only 48
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by NwaliE01: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
Cherrybae:

UBEC is under Education for Gods sake.
Please educate me, is UBEC and Education the same?
Very soon ASUP and ASUU strike due to under funding will crop up again.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by mormoney85(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
FarahAideed:
No ministry has a budget of up to a Billion dollars ? Nigeria is not ready
i wonder why. Nigeria can't spend 3 billion dollars in electricity and one point five billion in education why why why why why why Nigeria why?,

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by shadybruzz: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
RussianKGB:
No direction at all. Clueless government.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears / Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] / Atiku Visits Governor Wike In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.