Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 (48149 Views)

Reps Committee Turned Back Ministries With Unspent 2020 Budget / Falling Oil Price: Fayemi Says States May Get Zero FAAC Allocations In June / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Kingrahmanumar(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2019
nakaman:
What of electricity
That's what was called NEDC
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
soberdrunk:
82 billion for water when almost every home has private boreholes....... angry
Don't mind the bastard thieves

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
isthatso:

our spending on education is still pathetic. South Africa spend $17B on education last year, their population is one third ours. We have to add the total spending from state govts to get an accurate picture but I will be shocked if the entire country, state, federal spending on education adds up to $2B

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/budget2019-education-and-culture-biggest-spend-items-in-budget-19403738
it is always easy to compare Nigeria with other advance economy, but ask yourself, how much does Nigeria worth? how much do we generate in a fiscal year, put in dollars. how much do we generate internally? how much do we sell in our oil? how many people are in our tax net and how many pays? what is the level of our corruption and that of those countries you are comparing us with?

4 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2019
temielects:
Hello sir so you mean the blackout continues with no budget for electricity,this shouldn't be all sha cool
Keep up the good work,by this time next year I want brother Emeka shop at alaba to be full of made in Nigeria rice, thank you sir.
is it that Nigerian youths are not well educated or some of them are just been mischievous? what is full meaning of NEDC? I pity some of you here. no wonder some employers are having the gut to say some of graduate are not employable.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Mosco100(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
etebefia:
48b only for education? It's obviously the Fulani herdmen will take a bulk of the agriculture budget.
It's a pity.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by mechanics(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
isthatso:

Thats why roads are never finished and theres no cheap accomodation....ther is no money. We dont pay enough taxes, or we are not a rich country, take your pick!!!

we are budgeting 10T for total govt spending, SA is Budgeting 5T for education alone. their road maintenance agency (not construction o, just maintenance like FERMA) has an annual budget of $1.9Billion. But they pay tax on petrol, they pay tax on cigarettes, they pay tax on everything. you get what you pay for, you pay peanuts you get monkeys
it's well, I just hope they get it right.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
it is always easy to compare Nigeria with other advance economy, but ask yourself, how much does Nigeria worth? how much do we generate in a fiscal year, put in dollars. how much do we generate internally? how much do we sell in our oil? how many people are in our tax net and how many pays? what is the level of our corruption and that of those countries you are comparing us with?

our economies are the same size, the problem is they pay taxes, we dont. We fool ourselves that we are a rich country. Their education budget is more than half our entire income from Oil. They tax diesel, they tax petrol, they toll roads, even cigarettes they tax. Nigerians want subsidy, no taxes, no vat, no toll but they still want good education and good roads. Will never happen, you get what you pay for. Like i always say to people, Everybody talks about Awolowo's free education, people have forgotten that everybody motorpark, market women, offic workers, every body paid taxes. You dont get anything for free.

if nigerians paid the level of taxes a country like Nigeria should be collecting, we would collect $100Billion a year and can afford to spend $60-70Billion every year on public services and infrastructure....think about that. instead of spending 10 years to construct ordinary 126km lagos to Ibadan,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Emily22(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kingrahmanumar:

That's what was called NEDC

No...that's north east development commission... something like that

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2019
ojonugwa25:
When is water free in Nigeria that is gulping #82billions , Education #48billions i sorry for Nigeria.
sorry for yourself because of your level of ignorance. what you don't know you ask.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Neekado(m): 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
PureGoldh:
I wonder the kind housing and works wey dem dey do...abi na virtual work and housing cos we hardly benefit from that particular sector.

Even at that... The total money shortlisted above Is just equal to 943 billion not even up to 1 Trillion.. Which group(s) purse will the rest go into?

Las Las.... Dem go share the money amongst demselves and leave out the populace to fill in the gap through the new VAT Policy.

Dx country matter big pass zuma rock

Meanwhile... If you need Pure Original HOney.. Kindly call or whatsapp me on 0 8 1 0166 67 71

You are funnily unable to read baba. They did not mention all but the ones with highest budget. Read the topic again.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Ovoko30: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
DOMINGOPAPI:
You see where education is placed? shocked

That says much about our GCFR...

Bros read well , education hasnt been this good. Cant u see universal basic education commission has 112 billion to tell you how much premium the current government is spending on education. Highest since 1999

3 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
isthatso:

our economies are the same size, the problem is they pay taxes, we dont. We fool ourselves that we are a rich country. Their education budget is more than half our entire income from Oil. They tax diesel, they tax petrol, they toll roads, even cigarettes they tax. Nigerians want subsidy, no taxes, no vat, no toll but they still want good education and good roads. Will never happen, you get what you pay for. Like i always say to people, Everybody talks about Awolowo's free education, people have forgotten that everybody motorpark, market women, offic workers, every body paid taxes. You dont get anything for free.

if nigerians paid the level of taxes a country like Nigeria should be collecting, we would collect $100Billion a year and can afford to spend $60-70Billion every year on public services and infrastructure....think about that. instead of spending 10 years to construct ordinary 126km lagos to Ibadan,
. that's my point my brother. we always like deceiving ourselves that we are rich, funny enough Nigeria budget is not up to the budget of new York just a state in America and we expect miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Neekado(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
nakaman:
What of electricity

Please what is UBEC that is number three on the list?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Onlyonebuhari: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
etebefia:
48b only for education? It's obviously the Fulani herdmen will take a bulk of the agriculture budget.

UBEC isn't under education right?

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Ovoko30: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
RexTramadol1:
Just look at Education and Health

Bros just to enlighten you a little, ubec mean universal basic education commission with a budget of 112 billion. This is the highest since 1999. Shows the current govt places high premium on grassroot education

2 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Ovoko30: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
Neekado:

Ubec mean universal basic education commission.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Emily22(m): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Neekado:

Universal basic education commission
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Ovoko30: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

UBEC isn't under education right?

Ubec is related to education but isnt under education. Universal basic education commission
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Ovoko30: 11:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Neekado:

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by topstone4: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
83b for agriculture.

Very impressive.

Nigeria on the road to food self sufficiency.

Whether lazy idiots like it or not is immaterial.

Ewu container economy.

May God turn your life and destiny to what Nigeria has become under buhari. Amen.

May the lives and destiny of your children reflect what Nigeria reflects under buhari. Amen.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Neekado(m): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ovoko30:

In order words, 112billion + 48billion still goes under education.

So why are people and even PDP complaining that budget for education is too low?

I am amazed as a local street man and I am not understanding.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by RexTramadol1: 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ovoko30:

Bros just to enlighten you a little, ubec mean universal basic education commission with a budget of 112 billion. This is the highest since 1999. Shows the current govt places high premium on grassroot education

Since UBEC was established how is its budget reflecting? Just substandard schools that politicians have been feeding off from for ages

But that's not even the main point, UBEC has been there since and until these high budget is replicated with results we can't say there is any commitment anywhere.

That being said, Basic Education is primary schools, I stand being corrected, except you're saying dey merged subeb and UBEC I don't see anything in the huge budget.

Primary education has always been what it is
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
. that's my point my brother. we always like deceiving ourselves that we are rich, funny enough Nigeria budget is not up to the budget of new York just a state in America and we expect miracles.

Forget new York, let us compare ourselves to our fellow African countries

http://www.oecd.org/tax/tax-policy/brochure-revenue-statistics-africa.pdf

tax to gdp ratio: ordinary Ghana achieves 17%, south Africa is 28%, common Togo is 22%, Nigeria I think is about 5% if we can just get to 10%, that alone is an extra $20-25B extra a year.

imagine what $20B extra a year (achieving just 10% tax to GDP) can do

in just 4 years, $20B extra a year ($80B in total) will complete our train netwrok, our main roads, and add add 20,000mw to the grid with money to spare for other projects. and we still have $20B extra for health and education, imp[roved salaries, police remuineration etc in subsequent years
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by FarahAideed: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
83b for agriculture.

Very impressive.

Nigeria on the road to food self sufficiency.

Whether lazy idiots like it or not is immaterial.

Ewu container economy.

Ogbeni 83 billion is about 200 million dollars and it's not enuff to make any impact in agriculture , let Billions in Naira stop deceiving you ooo
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
you are the one who does not have hope . check the meaning of UBEC before you continue displaying your ignorance.

Ode. UBEC is for settling politicians. Why do I even bother with dingbats like you ?
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
Nigeria funny country with funny people. they are guick to compare us to other countries but they don't want to do what other countries are doing in their development. VAT in the UK is 20%, Portugal 23%, Span 21%, south Africa 15%, Senegal 19% cot d voire 18% China 15% Russia 18%, Netherlands 20% Botswana 17% etc. how much is Nigeria VAT? yet some fools will come on line and be masturbating over our level of development. nothing comes easy, you pay for development, it doesn't grow from trees.

1 Like

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

Ode. UBEC is for settling politicians. Why do I even bother with dingbats like you ?
maybe you are one of the politicians who share UBEC allocation.but then it is budgeted for education that is my point.but for the name calling God bless you. I live in Nigeria, i enjoy Nigeria, I'm a proud Nigeria.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
ogunsj:
maybe you are one of the politicians who share UBEC allocation.but then it is budgeted for education that is my point.but for the name calling God bless you.

stfu and get out of here
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by FarahAideed: 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
deji17:

You have a good point. But I have a question. Where do you suggest the money should come from ? Tax?

I am not a believer in depending on tax to grow an economy because it's technically not even possible , tax can only help run govt administration but to develope and economy and create wealth you need to devise ways to make money from other economies by harness factors of comparative advantage and exporting them ..Nigeria must learn to harness the abundance of such factors it has and start monetizing with exports immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by ogunsj: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

stfu and get out of here
no, no you are the one to relocate to Somalia or Afghanistan.
Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Fawazzz: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
Compare

Re: Ministries With Highest Allocations In Buhari’s Budget For 2020 by Beautyaddy: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2019
Water- 82 Billion.

What water supply are these fake and Corrupt Nigerian Government providing people embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Visits Governor Wike In Rivers State (Photos) / FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears / Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.