Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (44604 Views)

Poll: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?

Yes: 65% (88 votes)
No: 34% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jealousy is a sign of possessiveness; nothing more, nothing less. Some men cheat on their wives but if they hear that their wives are cheating they go gaga. Possessiveness may be due to many negative things like:
- not having other options,
- lack of trust you yourself are untrustworthy,
- not wanting to be made a fool of by "that bitch I'm dating".
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
You right Dsense, took care of it wink
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Dsense(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

So Seun,

Possessive basically is ownership or sense of entitlement, do you think a man have ownership over his wife or girlfriend?

That should be a new topic dear.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Ranoscky(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
Abeg hunger dey catch me, make i go chop first.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Rhymez(m): 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
@topic. Jealousy proves love to an extent. Cos he or she might end up commiting suicide or homicide. grin
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Exponental(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
Exponental:

sure!

Jealousy is a sign of love but not madness!
It's a kind of feeling in u, not the [size=20pt]madness of reacting to jealously that causes one to do something now and later regret[/size]
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Loveaflame(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jealousy is a normal thing in life but when it becomes an obsession and uncontrollable then it has turned to something else.

Many jealousy in many relationship today is mere distrust.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by juliebest(f): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jeaousy is a sign of love. If your partner is jealous when you interact wt d opposite it means he or sh cares about you, is very interested in you AND love you very much.
Just don't let the jealousy get into ur head and u overwrite.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
A little bit of jealousy is not bad but too much can ruin a couple chance for a peace full existence.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by say4gunit(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2010
shey na like this we go de dey!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by espn(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2010
been jealous is the first sign of love, but their must b limitations.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by babaowo: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
some house wife don't love their husband,and they jealous of him
they wouldn't let him be with other girls out side
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Omolola1(f): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Yes and No!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by 190: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
angry angry
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Princek12(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
jealousy is a sign of insecurity and personal problems. Most men who abuse and kill their spouse are jealous, and some mugu women will confuse it with love. When that man now hurts you, if you are lucky to still be alive, you will now begin to say had I know. For the women who are in their grave because of a jealous boyfriend, they cannot come back.  Jealousy has nothing to do with love. You can be jealous of a woman, as she may be your mistress while your wife is at home, and you will be jealous of that mistress.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 06, 2010
It depends. Jealousy is one of those "spare of the moment" emotions. It is not long term or as deep as love or hate so it can be good and bad. "Good jealousy" is when you are talking to a girl and your girlfriend may stand closer to you to make her presense known but there are no hard feelings and its done. That type of jealousy is more of a "forget me not" type; again there are no hard feelings."BAD jealousy" is when you have a girl friend who wants to stab you just for saying 'hello' to another woman which is a sign of "possession" Possesive or obsessive people cannot know love! They view their partner as being their "property".

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 12:41am On Nov 07, 2010
I agree! wink
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by shilling(f): 1:31am On Nov 07, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

It depends. Jealousy is one of those "spare of the moment" emotions. It is not long term or as deep as love or hate so it can be good and bad. "Good jealousy" is when you are talking to a girl and your girlfriend may stand closer to you to make her presense known but there are no hard feelings and its done. That type of jealousy is more of a "forget me not" type; again there are no hard feelings."BAD jealousy" is when you have a girl friend who wants to stab you just for saying 'hello' to another woman which is a sign of "possession" Possesive or obsessive people cannot know love! They view their partner as being their "property".
I agree with that!!

espn:

been jealous is the first sign of love, but their must b limitations.
Everyone has been saying jealousy is the first sign of love. Just wondering, is it possible to be jealous when you just "like" a person lol
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by bidemi12(m): 1:59am On Nov 07, 2010
It is more a sign of insecurity than love but alas we all go through it in a relationship, undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by rubi(f): 2:32am On Nov 07, 2010
harakiri:

In between, i have reached a stage of my life where i'm focused on my well being,self development and of course, investing for my future years ahead of me.The last thing that bothers me right now is who's sleeping with who or who's cheating on who and all that. That was in the past.I have transcended beyond that stage.All the same, i'm in a healthy relationship but i will never lose sleep with jealous thoughts if things go side ways. . .catch my drift?
This is maturity
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by rubi(f): 2:34am On Nov 07, 2010
Mrs Eve are you sistawoman? just curious
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Olalimits(m): 2:49am On Nov 07, 2010
Jealousy is an act of incompetence.
It doesn't show/mean love is present but there's a part of the individual that doesn't want the other party to have a taste of *****!!!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by deols(f): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2010
MrsEve nd Harakiri got me laughing the hell out. But i think Harakiri cld av bn less defensive as his later post suggests him to be a mature person ready to take on his life.

' Bishes' like MrsEve should be avoided but they provide the kind of laughter i seek on Nairaland.lol,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Abayomin70(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2010
almost everybody is just talkin about african men are those white man too not jelous is everyman on this earth dat is jelous is just dat the level here in africa is very high but for europe there much notin like love is jus dating BUT IF U TRUELLLLLLYYYYY LUV UR WIFE U WILL ALWAYS BE JELOUS IF SOMONE ELSE IS KINDA OF TRYIN TO MUV CLOSER DAT IS IF U TRULEY LOV HER
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2010
rubi:

Mrs Eve are you sistawoman? just curious

No, I am Mrs Eve undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 11:31am On Nov 07, 2010
deols:

MrsEve nd Harakiri got me laughing the hell out. But i think Harakiri cld av bn less defensive as his later post suggests him to be a mature person ready to take on his life.

' Bishes' like MrsEve should be avoided but they provide the kind of laughter i seek on Nairaland.lol,

Bishes like "ME" is not for the frail, sickly, weak hearted, and the dummies wink cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by SSaemoenl(m): 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
I 100% believes that JEALOUSY is true sign of real love. But over jealousy is bad. wink
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by malaria(f): 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yes nah wn there is no luv,there is no jealous.its jst dat d lyks of bree va , Of desprat housewives tnd 2 hide their feelins.thy r jealous bt pretnd dy r nt.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
@mediatrix8
Sorry I came out all crude , it was a vain attempt at humor
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
apocalypse:

@mediatrix8
Sorry I came out all crude , it was a vain attempt at humor

hmmmm ,so the outlet of having no supply of fuel from Middle east is uttering words as such?hehehe,Praise God Nigeria have Crude oil source cheesy cheesy cheesy It's ok bro,after all we aren't perfect,so often times we tend to say words "out of annoyance" or Ignorance and we didn't intend to hurt or insult anyone!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2010
Question: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?
Yes 35 (61.4%)
No 22 (38.6%)
Total Votes: 57

hmmm obviously majority of people voted "yes" Jealousy is a sign of Love shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2010
How is jealousy automatically a sign of love noo pls i beg to differ . . . . u can hate somone n be jealous when anyone associates with 'em   

. . . bottomline,that guy,boyfriend, lover special someone. . . wateva. . .u fink iz jelouse cus he loves u. . . .well,double-think about it. . . . cus it jus might b hate the other way round grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prostitutes In Delta Attack Customers Over Unpaid Bills / Woman Takes DNA Test, Learns Boyfriend Of Six Years Is Her Biological Brother / See The Lovely Pre-wedding Photos That Got People Talking (black is beautiful)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.