Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (44897 Views)

Poll: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?

Yes: 65% (88 votes)
No: 34% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2010
You better be glad they have Cyber Cafes, cos you would have been ONE LONELY JEALOUS SISSIFIED BISH,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

@harakiri, a japanese term for corporal punishment hmmmm, ARE YOU A JEALOUS GUY ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You got it wrong. . .

Harakiri : Honorable suicide committed by men
Seppuku : Honorable suicide committed by women

(Don't ask me why i choose the id. . .lol)

In between, i have reached a stage of my life where i'm focused on my well being,self development and of course, investing for my future years ahead of me.The last thing that bothers me right now is who's sleeping with who or who's cheating on who and all that. That was in the past.I have transcended beyond that stage.All the same, i'm in a healthy relationship but i will never lose sleep with jealous thoughts if things go side ways. . .catch my drift?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
He telling a damn lie Mediatrix,

If his woman was talking to another man and they look like they were having fun while he sitting there like a limp dikk in a condom, he would be BEATING HER AZZ,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

You better be glad they have Cyber Cafes, cos you would have been ONE LONELY JEALOUS SISSIFIED BISH,

Chai. . . Dis your english dey conc enuf to wake dead bodi.

Cyber cafes? Ain't visited those for almost a decade.Not everyone is on your level sista.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
harakiri:

You got it wrong. . .

Harakiri : Honorable suicide committed by men
Seppuku : Honorable suicide committed by women

(Don't ask me why i choose the id. . .lol)

lOL, ofcz i know that man.

and take a look at my definition of HARA-KIRI , brought to you by MERRIAM WEBSTER:

Definition of HARA-KIRI

: ritual suicide by disembowelment practiced by the Japanese samurai or formerly decreed by a court in lieu of the death penalty
: suicide 1b
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
Isn't it a J[b]APANESE CORPORAL PUNISHMENT AS I MENTIONED EARLIER[/b]? angry
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

lOL, ofcz i know that man.

and take a look at my definition of HARA-KIRI , brought to you by MERRIAM WEBSTER:

Definition of HARA-KIRI

: ritual suicide by disembowelment practiced by the Japanese samurai or formerly decreed by a court in lieu of the death penalty
: suicide 1b

Yes, it means honorable death.Once again, don't ask why i choose that id grin grin cool
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

Isn't it a J[b]APANESE CORPORAL PUNISHMENT AS I MENTIONED EARLIER[/b]? angry

Not really.There are different reasons why it happens. . .

(1)If a Samurai loses a battle
(2)If a Samurai dishonors his clan
(3)If a Samurai fails to accomplish a given task
(4)If a Samurai is caught betraying his clan

And so on and so on.The point is, you are given the option of ending your life and not by the blade of someone else hence you die with some "dignity".Mind you, it's not limited to Samurai's alone.There are people who are so bent on achieving something and if they fail, they commit suicide.It originated with Samurai's though. Very unpleasant business (ripping your guts out with a sword with people watching to make sure you get it "right"wink
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
harakiri:

Chai. . . Dis your english dey conc enuf to wake dead bodi.

Cyber cafes? Ain't visited those for almost a decade.Not everyone is on your level sista.

Not everybody a LIMP DIKK in a condom like you  wink grin

I suggest do what your name suggests by the way  cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
harakiri:

Not really.There are different reasons why it happens. . .

(1)If a Samurai loses a battle
(2)If a Samurai dishonors his clan
(3)If a Samurai fails to accomplish a given task
(4)If a Samurai is caught betraying his clan

And so on and so on.The point is, you are given the option of ending your life and not by the blade of someone else hence you die with some "dignity".Mind you, it's not limited to Samurai's alone.There are people who are so bent on achieving something and if they fail, they commit suicide.It originated with Samurai's though. Very unpleasant business (ripping your guts out with a sword with people watching to make sure you get it "right

Lol,No matter how far you have gone through this knowledge is not even "a pinch of a salt" compared to what I have hmmmm, mind you dear, I have been teaching English and Literature for 12 years.And now ,ARE YOU JEALOUS? angry angry angry
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
(waiting in earnest cool)
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
MrsEve:

Not everybody a LIMP DIKK in a condom like you  wink grin

I suggest do what your name suggests by the way  cheesy

If i'm a limp dikc in a condom, what does that make you? Obviously a bottomless pussie pit with no barriers/endpoints. A certified well that can practically swallow a grown man whole.

Yeye thing!

U dey come hia dey form wetin u no be.Hungry Arrow!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by harakiri(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
mediatrix8:

Lol,No matter how far you have gone through this knowledge is not even "a pinch of a salt" compared to what I have hmmmm, mind you dear, I have been teaching English and Literature for 12 years.And now ,ARE YOU JEALOUS? angry angry angry

My dear experienced English and Literature teacher who taught for 12 years. . .

This topic is about jealousy.We deviated when you brought up the issue of my id (harakiri).You have showed your definition.I have shown mine. And now you're asking what? If i'm jealous? For someone who professes to be a linguist, i'm totally unimpressed.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
harakiri:

If i'm a limp dikc in a condom, what does that make you? Obviously a bottomless womanliness pit with no barriers/endpoints. A certified well that can practically swallow a grown man whole.

Yeye thing!

U dey come hia dey form wetin u no be.Hungry Arrow!

I be whatever you want me to be, YOU STILL A LIMP DIKK IN A CONDOM,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
There go your answer Media,

He is jealous, and fighting with women, SO SAD, undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Pennywise(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2010
If you are a guy and you truly love a girl but you are really not bothered seeing her in the company of other guys, chances are that you really do not love her. You just like to be with her.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
harakiri:

My dear experienced English and Literature teacher who taught for 12 years. . .

This topic is about jealousy.We deviated when you brought up the issue of my id (harakiri).You have showed your definition.I have shown mine. And now you're asking what? If i'm jealous? For someone who professes to be a linguist, i'm totally unimpressed.

Dear,I deviated because of your name and told you the FACT about the definition of HARA-KIRI according to Merriam webster and you gave me your own OPINION about the topic.I don't care wether you are not impressed.Everybody are entitled to his/her own opinion and never say" you got it wrong" for I know I am right.That's the reason why I say,ARE YOU JEALOUS?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mystikal(m): 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jealousy in romance is like salt in food.  A little can enhance the savour, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can even be life-threatening ~ Maya Angelou

We tend 2 think of jealousy as a bad thing, but there r instances where jealousy is right and even expected. like when a couple marries, they promise all of a certain kind of affection exclusively to each other. If one partner gives any of that  affection to another, the faithful spouse is rightfully jealous of that affection, even if it is in the slightest. If the faithful spouse did not react with jealousy, then we would question that person's love for the wayward spouse.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
mystikal:

Jealousy in romance is like salt in food.  A little can enhance the savour, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can even be life-threatening ~ Maya Angelou

We tend 2 think of jealousy as a bad thing, but there r instances where jealousy is right and even expected. like when a couple marries, they promise all of a certain kind of affection exclusively to each other. If one partner gives any of that  affection to another, the faithful spouse is rightfully jealous of that affection, even if it is in the slightest. If the faithful spouse did not react with jealousy, then we would question that person's love for the wayward spouse.

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by madlady(f): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
smiley
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by madlady(f): 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
^^

See your face kiss kiss.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
Heeey Mommie Maddie!

How ya durrin? (straigthen the house up and hide the swords and bloody men clothes)
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ mrsEve
You don't want to go down that lane with harakiri , his bite is far worse than his bark.
@ poster
Jealousy if overdone can be damaging & yes I'll go with the way of aca77 , there has to be some level of jealousy if a guy/gal truly loves you.
Ofcourse I can't stop guys from approaching my girl but her response would determine if I'll question he love. I should be bothered if a guy is flirting with my girl and she easily gives out her number with all smiles , haba that's just not right. Meanwhile , if she were just a fling I wouldn't give two Zap.s as long as I get my own Zap
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MrsEve: 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
Apocalapse,

I don't give TWO PISSY FUKKS if his bite hurts worse than his bark, WHAT HE GON DO TO ME? Bite me online? Do you have ANY IDEA what I have dealt with THIS AINT CHIT,

Anyway,

Jealous men will kill a woman if she cheats on him, or a guy approach her in his presence, or if he feels that she is giving another man HIS affection, BUT WON'T HARM THE GUY that is in the mix with her,

Ain't that some chit, undecided
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
apocalypse:

@ poster
Jealousy if overdone can be damaging & yes I'll go with the way of aca77 , there has to be some level of jealousy if a guy/gal truly loves you.
Ofcourse I can't stop guys from approaching my girl but her response would determine if I'll  question he love. I should be bothered if a guy is flirting with my girl and she easily gives out her number with all smiles , haba that's just not right. Meanwhile , if she were just a fling I wouldn't give two Zap.s as long as I get my own Zap

well,your first 2 sentences related to the topic really make sense but your last sentence is some kinda lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by JUO(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Exodus 20:5 " for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God"
gbam
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Exponental(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
sure!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by fASHCEO(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jealousy is simply a sign of insecurity within oneself and has nothing to do with love. One has to trust to love someone, if you trust the person then why get jealous?

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Dsense(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2010
Thread had been derailed.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by buzugee(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
pretty much cool
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
oh oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of A Northern Bride In Fulani Outfits / ''I Asked Her Out, She Said ''No'', Now She's Tripping For Me'' / Relationships Are NOT Meant For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.