Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (44612 Views)

Poll: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?

Yes: 65% (88 votes)
No: 34% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2010
Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love?
Yes 62 (64.6%)
No 34 (35.4%)
Total Votes: 96

hmmm almost closing, more votes more votes pls cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by ijeommaa(f): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jealousy when in excess hurts both party.  But what u don't love u don't protect, in other words, what u love u protect. So in the course of trying to protect that which is dear to u, u unknowingly show some jealousy.But if u say jealousy is entirely bad, Why then do people get divorced over unfaithfulness. I love my Husband and i don't wanna share him with anyone. But the happy feeling of having him all to myself is jealousy on its own.
To me, there can be no true love without a bit of jealousy, PERIOD cool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
agree cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by senator2b: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2010
No, jealousy is an emotion separate from the emotion of love. It may be confused with love because we don't want to lose love, any thing or one we perceive as a threat to our keeping that love we become jealous of. Jealousy is fear -based and born of insecurity in Self. It is horrible noise in your mind but one you can quiet, with time and introspection. Jealousy is not love, it is hurtful to Self, and is also a detractor from a relationship. If your fears are founded, then move on, don't allow someone to convince you that you must be anyone other than you in order for them to "grace" you with their presence.
Love is loving, loving behaviors.
Peace to you.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2010
MrsEve:

Did this motherfukka just compared me with MOBO?!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Excuse me THING, I do not go around creating threads about black men nor african men YOU GOT ME FUKKED UP, as I said there is nothing wrong with being a jealous man UNLESS YOU LET IT OVERLOAD yourself, If you taking that personal then TOO BAD, as I still said African men are the most jealous hearted men now [U]you can either CRY ABOUT it or let an opinion be an opinion[/U].

I am impressed. RIGHT ON SISTER!

@Topic: wtf is this? how did we go from this SIMPLE question to bible quoting? lol only on NL.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by kanmi22(f): 1:57am On Nov 10, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

I am impressed. RIGHT ON SISTER!

AND YAY, I agree with MZeve!!!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by freecocoa(f): 4:47am On Nov 10, 2010
You just don't conclude that someone loves you just cos he/she is jealous,most times jealously is borne out of selfishness,but then again if u love someone or something you guard it jealously.so i guess it depends on the level of jealously.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Dwinno: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
yes jealousy is a sign of luv,even GOD is a also jealous,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by chrisjuni: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
it true but girls make so difficult to comprehend
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
chris juni:

it true but girls make so difficult to comprehend
, Are you sure ? not all,
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by bolafex(f): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2010
healthy jealousy is ok in a relationship;all that the jealous party needs is a reassurance that they have nothing to fear.what i dont see as love is obsession;an obsessed partner will choke one and if care is not taken,can even kill in the name of 'love'.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mrwrite: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2010
Jelousy could be a misappropriated and negative emotion just like envy, but again, jelously could again mean a degree of possesiveness, which can occur a relationship.

Love is in a class of its own. I believe love can develop to a point of understanding ( both of oneself and her partner), where jelously (possessiveness) can give room to more mature and positive qualities, which can only be attained by the Grace of God. smiley
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MsPotato(f): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jelousy. . . Hmmm. . . I believe that verything on this earth must have a balancy in life the same thing goes for being jelous. Too much of jelousy is really bad and that wont lead to love but however, a litle bit of jelousy is good to show one person of his./her affections and emotions.

Year 1 dating my bf I use to have that jelous feeling when my bf dances with another girl in a club but its all good cause if I dont like it, I will keep it to myself and when I get a chanc to talk to him one on one, I will ell him the truth and we solve the issue there and than.

We both would talk about men and women openly even if they look attractive and both wont get jelous but he will get jelous if I go and flirt around with guys and. . .

Gosh! I wanna say moe but I changed my mind. I kinda lost my memoy there for awhile embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by MsPotato(f): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2010
mr write:

J[b]elousy could be a misappropriated and negative emotion just like envy,[/b] but again, jelously could again mean a degree of possesiveness, which can occur a relationship.

Love is in a class of its own. I believe love can develop to a point of understanding ( both of oneself and her partner), where jelously (possessiveness) can give room to more mature and positive qualities, which can only be attained by the Grace of God. smiley

The difference between Envy and jelousy
Envy is the desire for something that someone else has, or a feeling of ill will over another person's advantages in general:
My envy of your success has made me bitter.

Jealousy is a resentful suspicion that someone else has what rightfully belongs to the jealous person:
The favored treatment of the daughter created jealousy in the son.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2010
hmm that's true cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by ishit4body(f): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2010
espn:

been jealous is the first sign of love, but their must b limitations.

What kind of english is this?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by kokoletz(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
Yes bro
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by fstranger: 12:02am On Nov 16, 2010
ishit4body:

What kind of english is this?

Thats ebonics, love!
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 2:08am On Nov 16, 2010
fstranger:

Thats ebonics, love!
hmmm ebonic love?
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by menachem: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2010
jealousy is not a sign of love. it is a sign of selfishness. the jealous lover worries about what s/he might lose instead of what the lover might gain. for men -ego. for women -pride. 
nothing loving about either.
love transcends both.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by mediatrix8(f): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2010
menachem:

jealousy is not a sign of love. it is a sign of selfishness. the jealous lover worries about what s/he might lose instead of what the lover might gain. for men -ego. for women -pride. 
nothing loving about either.
love transcends both.

Possessive jealousy is the kind that's usually brainwashed in by our only-monogamy-is-okay society. It's a feeling that one owns the loved one, and if the loved one loves anyone else, that is automatically a betrayal, one has automatically lost something important and been damanged or done dirty to.

This is the kind of jealousy that produces such an "Eeeew!" reaction in poly people and the kind that poly people either never felt in the first place, have overcome, or are working on overcoming.

Informative jealousy, on the other hand, is a message from yourself to yourself telling you that something in your life is wrong. Maybe you feel like you aren't getting enough time with your lover, or you aren't getting enough of something else, from romantic dinners to walks in the park to sex. Maybe your lover is growing, and you aren't, and that hurts. Maybe you're feeling insecure about your own desirability or your own worth as a person. These kinds of jealousy are different from thinking that one owns a person -- they're more like "I'm not getting what I need."

Informative jealousy doesn't necessarily imply that one's partner needs to do anything different. If you are insecure, for example,
maybe your partner isn't giving you what you need, and you should ask for reassurance, or maybe your insecurity comes from your own stuff, and your partner has nothing to do with either the cause or the solution.
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Hudabia: 11:25am On Nov 25, 2010
@ poster

in Love jealously is a very essential fact which we cant ignore,
But um confused y u jest jealous in Love so more rather than as compared to any other relation lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by Jarring: 6:03am On Dec 16, 2010
Yes,when you are jealous that means you love the chic wink
Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by sessy2(f): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2010
Jealousy is a sign of love and care.when u dnt care bout someone u dnt get jealous no matter what the person does. for me if my man is not jealous, then am out of dat relationship. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? by JVLI(f): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Jealousy comes when trust is in question. God himself is jealous, when man gives adoration to what does not have life. If jealousy is not controlled, it can lead to hatred and then to killing. Do you how many died in the party of Baal peor in the bible? 23,000 people. But since the death of christ, man is not been eliminated has such. He's paid the price for it. Jealousy does not mean an act of love, is an act of insecurity. If genuine love exists, jealousy is out of the window.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Identify A Good Wife Material / Prostitutes In Delta Attack Customers Over Unpaid Bills / "My Married Boyfriend Beats Me Every Time" - Lady Cries Out, Shares Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.