Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,404 members, 7,954,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. (4980 Views)

If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

I very well understand you. Jesusjnr is certainly not a teacher of the word and he doesn't have some major gifts that would have kept him balanced like Discernment of Spirits, Knowledge and Wisdom. He jumps hastily to ascribe all "revelations" to God thereby leading people astray.

I think it's like a microbiologist trying to be a general purpose surgeon. He will kill many.

The scripture is clear on this:
....And the Word was God!
.....by the Word All things that were made are made

If he doesn't understand how God can be the Father and Yet the Son(Word) and Yet the Holy Spirit, he should learn rather than propounding his own theories.
What has revelation got to do with my position here?

Oh, all of a sudden, anything I say now is based on revelation and erroneous because you have a different view to mine?

So how about those christians here who have a different view to yours?

I followed the comments on that thread which I opened based on the revelation of the Spirit of God, even though I didn't react to it based on the revelation of the Spirit of God, and I could see that you were one of the few christians who meant well and not evil.

However I think you're yet joining issues, because what has my view here got to do with revelations, but what is the overwhelming scriptural position on this matter?

Even what the basis you posited as the scriptural position was gotten by a revelation given exclusively to John by the Spirit of God and not the scriptures, so you don't even know you're contradicting yourself by using it to oppose such views.

And moreover, you even misinterpreted that revelation given to John, by quoting it out of the context.

So it's certainly not up to you to judge who is a qualified teacher of the Word or not, for even the person you share the same position with concerning me, believes that homosexuality is scriptural and has not yet changed his position, yet you think he's qualified to teach others God's Word and also in the position to determine who isn't?

My view about the sentiments of you christians against Muslims has not changed, and your comments here proved me right, because you seem to have no problems with the worship of mammon, and the demon behind "Holy Mary", etc., by those of the church, but when it come to "Allah" which the Muslims worship, you come out all guns blazing as though it was more abominable.

So tell me, which do you think would truly deceive, kill and send more christians to hell, the worship of those said demons as God which has now become a norm in the church, or the worship of Allah (whom the christians clearly hate) as God?

Or is it the Muslims who already worship Allah that you're concerned about?

The reason I withdrew my position concerning Allah had nothing to do with such sentiments of you christians, in fact y'all gave me an egoistic reason not to, as was proven true by the overall views expressed on that thread. But the view of Spirit of God which led me to change my position was more important to me than that of you all. He was the same person that told me to leave matters up to Him, after I had typed my furious response to the comments of first christian there.

So now you know why I made that thread and chose not to respond to any comments there, barring the relevant one made by Okcornel.

It was by REVELATION!!!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by haywizzy007(m): 2:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Anas09:

If Jesus is not YHWH but you believe He is the Lord, the Saviour, the alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, the creator of the whole world,, then you make up two gods for yourself hence become an idol worshiper.

Read Matthew 4:10...tell me, was Jesus Christ referring to himself in that very verse? If i ask you, whom do you worship? Jesus or Yahweh?
There are several places in the Bible where Jesus and His father(Yahweh) had conversations..Was Jesus conversing with himself? Your answers to these questions will show whether you are a confused fellow or not?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 13, 2019
solite3:
this is not even a valid question?
Jesus called yahweh His God it is because he became a man one who was lesser than God.

He called Him His God in Revelation 3. He was not a man there. Do you guys even read your bibles?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 13, 2019
HedwigesMaduro:

He called Him His God in Revelation 3. He was not a man there. Do you guys even read your bibles?
who told you He was not a man?

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is one mediator in heaven right now and he is a man.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

The Trinity doctrine is actually confusing thus the need to create the thread. It is ideal to see things as God is the father, Christ the Son, and the Holy spirit of God and they are all one. Than the confusing trinity doctrine. I from the little I know and have been shown believe either ways, your stand on Trinity is inconsequential as long as you don't promote polytheism .
And as imitators of Christ, it is all best we focus on seeking and loving God with our body, heart, mind and everything there is to us.
Let love lead, God bless.

Let love lead!

LOVE does not condone senselessness {unrighteousness}, LOVE rejoice with FACT {truth}. 1Corinthians 13:6

There is nothing like three persons in what Jesus said at Matthew 28:19!

JEHOVAH is the most high God! He is the only person that has been existing, so the Bible calls him the ancient of days {Daniel 7:9} there is nobody responsible for his existence according to the Bible! Exodus 6:2-3, Psalms 83:18,

Jesus is one of God's mighty spirit sons! {Genesis 6:1, Job 1:6, Psalms 82:1, Isaiah 9:6} unlike his JEHOVAH (his father), Jesus has a beginning {Proverbs 8:22} that's why the Bible refers to him as the first born of all what God created! {Colossians 1:15} Jesus started working under the direction of JEHOVAH as his father's coworker! Proverbs 8:30 compared to Colossians 1:16

Holy Spirit is God's active force! Unlike JEHOVAH and Jesus, the holy spirit is NOT a person! It's the force God uses in accomplishing his purposes, so it works in different ways!
For instance,
©Before creation it was this active force that was moving to and fro upon the earth {Genesis 1:1-2}
©When Moses performed signs from God to show Pharaoh that the Creator is the one demanding something from him, Magicians in Egypt were doing the same by means of demons. It was this active force that God used to stop the demons from imitating the Miracles! Exodus 8:16-19
©It's this same force that energises Elijah to run faster than horses! 1King 18:46
©It's this same force that sustained his servants for many days without food! Exodus 34:28, 1Kings 19:8, Matthew 4:2 compared to Matthew 4:4
©It's the same force that enables his servants to SEE what ordinary humans can't see{Act 7:55-56} notice that Stephen saw only TWO persons when the force enabled him to see heaven! John 17:3

So we are to preach and teach people of the nations about JEHOVAH (the Creator) and all his past deeds, Jesus (God's son) and his role in the salvation of man, holy spirit (God's active force) so that they can be aware that supernatural things do not occur without the effect of unseen spirits!
God is also a spirit, so we must help them to know that there is a difference between the works of God's holy spirit and that of fallen angels which all the nations (unknowingly) have been dealing with (thinking they're dealing with God)! 1Corinthians 10:20
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 7:41am On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
What has revelation got to do with my position here?

Oh, all of a sudden, anything I say now is based on revelation and erroneous because you have a different view to mine?

So how about those christians here who have a different view to yours?

I followed the comments on that thread which I opened based on the revelation of the Spirit of God, even though I didn't react to it based on the revelation of the Spirit of God, and I could see that you were one of the few christians who meant well and not evil.

However I think you're yet joining issues, because what has my view here got to do with revelations, but what is the overwhelming scriptural position on this matter?

Even what the basis you posited as the scriptural position was gotten by a revelation given exclusively to John by the Spirit of God and not the scriptures, so you don't even know you're contradicting yourself by using it to oppose such views.

And moreover, you even misinterpreted that revelation given to John, by quoting it out of the context.

So it's certainly not up to you to judge who is a qualified teacher of the Word or not, for even the person you share the same position with concerning me, believes that homosexuality is scriptural and has not yet changed his position, yet you think he's qualified to teach others God's Word and also in the position to determine who isn't?

My view about the sentiments of you christians against Muslims has not changed, and your comments here proved me right, because you seem to have no problems with the worship of mammon, and the demon behind "Holy Mary", etc., by those of the church, but when it come to "Allah" which the Muslims worship, you come out all guns blazing as though it was more abominable.

So tell me, which do you think would truly deceive, kill and send more christians to hell, the worship of those said demons as God which has now become a norm in the church, or the worship of Allah (whom the christians clearly hate) as God?

Or is it the Muslims who already worship Allah that you're concerned about?

The reason I withdrew my position concerning Allah had nothing to do with such sentiments of you christians, in fact y'all gave me an egoistic reason not to, as was proven true by the overall views expressed on that thread. But the view of Spirit of God which led me to change my position was more important to me than that of you all. He was the same person that told me to leave matters up to Him, after I had typed my furious response to the comments of first christian there.

So now you know why I made that thread and chose not to respond to any comments there, barring the relevant one made by Okcornel.

It was by REVELATION!!!

God bless.
I don't doubt that you love Jesus but I think you're prone to elevating personal revelation sometimes above what the logos say. And the fact that you FORCEFULLY assert that revelation using what I call "minority reports".

Everyone of us is prone to that however, for the sake of the body of Christ, maturity is not "teaching" that which divide, polarise or cause unnecessary dissentions within the body of Christ especially when it has nothing to do with salvation, sin, judgement.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The nearest example that may describe how the Word was With and the Word was God is in the Trinity of Man.
Lazarus and the Rich man died, yet they live: How?
The Souls of those beheaded in Revelation were clothed in white and asked to wait a little longer until their fellow were also killed. How?

God doesn't need a physical mouth to speak. I know you understand this. In visions, do communication occur with the aid of the mouth? (From my little experience No!). The Word isn't the Spoken Word: it is the Expression of God's Will (let there be!).

Finally, God is just a Title for the Creator and Source of everything!

God is:The FATHER who Will/Decide what to be
God is:The WORD who Commands/Expresses/Broadcast the Father's Will
God is: The HOLY SPIRIT who Carries Out/Perform the Authority of the Word expressing the Will.

Check if the above is consistent with the Word of God.

If you have a problem of the Word being God, do you also have a problem of God being a Spirit?

John 4:24:
" God is a Spirit : and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

I am a spirit being, but my soul is the chairman of both my soul and spirit. My body carries out the will of my soul but without my body I can't do no work. My spirit lives or dies by the how my chairman has decided to respond to God's Spirit. Even when I die (it's only a Physical Disconnection) I am designed to live forever as a Trinity either in Hell or in God's Paradise: that is why there must be resurrection of the dead.

2 Tim 2:7:
"Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things."

Atheists the end, you'll have to decide if both the Word and the Holy Spirit are just attributes of the Father or Living Beings.

John 5:26-27: "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."

Heb 4:12: "For the word of God [is] living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to [the] dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2019
solite3:
I have a mind but my mind is not a person on its own
Two questions sir:
1. Is your mind your brain?
2. Do angels of God or even demons have their minds?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

1 Corinthians 2:11 For who knows a person's thought except the spirit (mind) of that person which is in him.
Physically, your mind is the spirit of your body(flesh). Just as you've said, the mind is not a person on its own it is one with you. The spirit exhibiting characteristics of a person is why I tell you its a persona. Moreover, the definition of a spirit even restricts it as being classified as a person. All you have is THE SPIRIT OF GOD. And not, THE SPIRIT and GOD. God bless.
Please note:
There is a difference between the mind of a person and his spirit.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 8:28am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Please note:
There is a difference between the mind of a person and his spirit.
And what is this difference?
My main objective is not to term the spirit and the mind as one. But we being humans, we understand with the term "Mind" better. God spirit MIGHT NOT be HIS mind. But what I was showing was, The spirit is not a person
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Let love lead!

LOVE does not condone senselessness {unrighteousness}, LOVE rejoice with FACT {truth}. 1Corinthians 13:6
I read all you wrote, and it's exactly what I've said and stood by in this thread. I stated that the holy spirit is not a person, that there is one most high God and He isn't the same person with christ but they are all one. Do you have any problem with this?.
About it being inconsequential, you may not understand the mystery and you actually do not need to...
God bless.....
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

I don't doubt that you love Jesus but I think you're prone to elevating personal revelation sometimes above what the logos say. And the fact that you FORCEFULLY assert that revelation using what I call "minority reports".

Everyone of us is prone to that however, for the sake of the body of Christ, maturity is not "teaching" that which divide, polarise or cause unnecessary dissentions within the body of Christ especially when it has nothing to do with salvation, sin, judgement.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The nearest example that may describe how the Word was With and the Word was God is in the Trinity of Man.
Lazarus and the Rich man died, yet they live: How?
The Souls of those beheaded in Revelation were clothed in white and asked to wait a little longer until their fellow were also killed. How?

God doesn't need a physical mouth to speak. I know you understand this. In visions, do communication occur with the aid of the mouth? (From my little experience No!). The Word isn't the Spoken Word: it is the Expression of God's Will (let there be!).

Finally, God is just a Title!

God is: The HOLY SPIRIT who Carries Out/Perform the Authority of the Word expressing the Will.

If you have a problem of the Word being God, do you also have a problem of God being a Spirit?

John 4:24:
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

I am a spirit being, but my soul is the chairman of both my soul and spirit. My body carries out the will of my soul but without my body I can't do no work. My spirit lives or dies by the how my chairman has decided to respond to God's Spirit. Even when I die (it's only a Physical Disconnection) I am designed to live forever as a Trinity either in Hell or in God's Paradise: that is why there must be resurrection of the dead.
You're entitled to your opinion, but my point is what has that got to do with this argument?

Why not just make your position known without joining issues?

You turn a blind eye to someone who vehemently used the Bible to defend homosexualism and has not repented of such heresy, and you are here casting aspersions on my interpretation of the Word of God because of an error i made. Or is It that you don't know about what I'm talking about, or a reflection of how sentimental your judgment is as most of your fellows.

I have made numerous threads that spoke against the worship of mammon, the demon behind "Holy Mary", which have both become of common practice in the church. And also the abominable sin of homosexualism amongst others things which pose more of a threat to Christians, but all you can see to come to the conclusion that I'm not qualified to teach the Word of God is just one single error which I repented of.

It makes your opinion and judgment very questionable because it seems to have been given a huge opportunity to rubbish anything I say if you have a different opinion concerning it.

What you should also know is that all that John said concerning Jesus being the Word of God, was gotten by personal revelation, for there's no other apostle who said such, and you would not see any thing of such in the Law and the Prophets.

Yet you're here positing the revelation of John here as the scriptures to justify your position, even though you do so in error because you misinterpreting it.

The Word was with God, show that the God the Word was is not God that the Word was with.

It just like saying a part of your body which has its own function, for instance your eye is shadeyinka in his full compliment. It is shadeyinka in the sense that it belongs to shadeyinka and is shadeyinka's eye, but not in the sense of the full compliment of who shadeyinka is, and to assume that would be erroneous.

I mean this is the overwhelming the position of the scriptures, but you seems to want to join issues for some reasons know to you.

I can't continue with this argument with you because in my opinion it is a very blind one, to say that Jesus is the God in His full compliment, and yet say that He's the Word of God.

The Op has a very valid point with the Word/Son being called the Word/Son of God, and the same for the Spirit, who is also called the Spirit of God, but never the Father being called the Father of God, because God the Father is God Almighty and both the Word and the Spirit proceeded from Him.

Thank and God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Whether the "Will" or "Word" it was manifested into flesh. Thus one {even though still one} became two persons. Do you agree the holyspirit is not a separate person from God?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

You cannot call the holy spirit a person [in the literal sense]....
Because if you do, you have contradicted your last paragraph which is totally true.
Which of this is wrong?
My Body is a Person!
My Soul is a Person!
My Spirit is a Person!

The Father is a Person
The Word (Son) is a Person
The Holy Spirit is a Person
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Which of this is wrong?
My Body is a Person!
My Soul is a Person!
My Spirit is a Person!

The Father is a Person
Father only! {When the word has not been manifested into flesh}...
Father and Son {as the word has been manifested into flesh and became an entity of its own}.
Word became flesh!!!!
Word became flesh!!!!
Word became flesh!!!!
Please understand this.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by orisa37: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:
The Jehovah witness body believes that Jesus Christ is not the Most-High-God while some other christian body believes that Jesus Christ is God himself. Who is right and who is wrong?
The answer is, NO ONE IS WRONG. It just depends on the basis from which you have stated your view.
Heb 1:8
But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom."
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and THE WORD WAS GOD"
The above bible verses are one of the core reasons some Christian believe that Jesus Christ is actually God-The father.
THE ENLIGHTENMENT I {Who is Christ}
Out of the rib of man was the woman formed, so that in many likeness, she shall be like the Man. Out of the spirit was the word formed and of the word was Christ formed {made manifest as flesh and given an entity of his own}. Thus, Christ became an independent personality of his own.

Do you know what God saw in Christ? He saw His reflection, his exact imprint of nature and the radiance of His own Glory (Check out Heb 1:3) and for this , God was most pleased with him and he gave him the greatest honor of all. He begat Christ and made him his Son. And it was made established that Christ is the son of the Most-High-God. There is so much more to this, he that reads let him learn.
Well, let us shed more light...
On the keys......

It doesn't confuse those who know it.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2019
undecided
Blabbermouth:

Father only! {When the word has not been manifested into flesh}...
Father and Son {as the word has been manifested into flesh and became an entity of its own}.
Word became flesh!!!!
Word became flesh!!!!
Word became flesh!!!!
Please understand this.
Don't forget that the Word had been from the beginning. Don't forget that by the Word and through Him everything that was made was made.

Col 1:15-18:
"who is [the] image of the invisible God, [the] First-born of all creation. For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things , and by Him all things consist. And He is [the] Head of the body, the church, who is [the] Beginning, the First-born from the dead, that He may be pre-eminent in all things."

How about the Holy Spirit? Is he a thing too?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Whether the "Will" or "Word" it was manifested into flesh. Thus one {even though still one} became two persons. Do you agree the holyspirit is not a separate person from God?
The Word had always been.
The Word was manifest in the flesh as the Son.

Is the Word the Son?

If the Holy Spirit is a thing,
1. Can it speak?
Acts 13:2:
"[As] they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, So, then, separate Barnabas and Saul to Me for the work to which I have called them."

2. Can it have Emotion?
Eph 4:30:
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed until [the] day of redemption."

3. Can it bear testimony?
John 15:26:
"And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me."

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
You're entitled to your opinion, but my point is what has that got to do with this argument?

Why not just make your position known without joining issues?

You turn a blind eye to someone who vehemently used the Bible to defend homosexualism and has not repented of such heresy, and you are here casting aspersions on my interpretation of the Word of God because of an error i made. Or is It that you don't know about what I'm talking about, or a reflection of how sentimental your judgment is as most of your fellows.

I have made numerous threads that spoke against the worship of mammon, the demon behind "Holy Mary", which have both become of common practice in the church. And also the abominable sin of homosexualism amongst others things which pose more of a threat to Christians, but all you can see to come to the conclusion that I'm not qualified to teach the Word of God is just one single error which I repented of.

It makes your opinion and judgment very questionable because it seems to have been given a huge opportunity to rubbish anything I say if you have a different opinion concerning it.

What you should also know is that all that John said concerning Jesus being the Word of God, was gotten by personal revelation, for there's no other apostle who said such, and you would not see any thing of such in the Law and the Prophets.

Yet you're here positing the revelation of John here as the scriptures to justify your position, even though you do so in error because you misinterpreting it.

The Word was with God, show that the God the Word was is not God that the Word was with.

It just like saying a part of your body which has its own function, for instance your eye is shadeyinka in his full compliment. It is shadeyinka in the sense that it belongs to shadeyinka and is shadeyinka's eye, but not in the sense of the full compliment of who shadeyinka is, and to assume that would be erroneous.

I mean this is the overwhelming the position of the scriptures, but you seems to want to join issues for some reasons know to you.

I can't continue with this argument with you because in my opinion it is a very blind one, to say that Jesus is the God in His full compliment, and yet say that He's the Word of God.

The Op has a very valid point with the Word/Son being called the Word/Son of God, and the same for the Spirit, who is also called the Spirit of God, but never the Father being called the Father of God, because God the Father is God Almighty and both the Word and the Spirit proceeded from Him.

Thank and God bless.
Heresy is where Mary is idolised or when homosexuality is justified under any excuse. Both are gross sin that cannot be condoned in the body of Christ.

My earlier post is strictly because of this your stance (that Jesus is just an attribute like an appendage of the Father).

I think the issue is simplified if we remove the bias of Christ as the Word by not looking at Jesus for now but the Holy Spirit.

Is the Holy Spirit a Person or just an attribute of the Father?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Heresy is where Mary is idolised or when homosexuality is justified under any excuse. Both are gross sin that cannot be condoned in the body of Christ.

My earlier post is strictly because of this your stance (that Jesus is just an attribute like an appendage of the Father).

I think the issue is simplified if we remove the bias of Christ as the Word by not looking at Jesus for now but the Holy Spirit.

Is the Holy Spirit a Person or just an attribute of the Father?

Now you're talking!

He's both!
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

And what is this difference?
My main objective is not to term the spirit and the mind as one. But we being humans, we understand with the term "Mind" better. God spirit MIGHT NOT be HIS mind. But what I was showing was, The spirit is not a person
Can we define A person is an entity that has a mind?

Rom 8:27:
"And He searching the hearts knows what [is] the mind of the Spirit , because He makes intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God."

Is the Holy Spirit a Thing or a Person?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
Now you're talking!

He's both!
And you are correct and so is the Word. Both a Person and an extension (attribute) of the Father.

That is why people are confused with the doctrine of God (singular) and three seemingly independent yet not independent Personalities.

Like I said, the closest example is the trinity of man.

I have a Physical Body (which is what everybody here on earth know as me)
I have a Spirit Body (this is what every spirit including God see as Me)
I have a Soul (this is what I call "Me!", "I!" or "Myself!"wink.

I've used the singular pronoun "I have" because the real me is actually these three me (Body, Soul and Spirit).

My Body is Me but it is also my attribute to interact with the Physical realm.
My Spirit is Me but it is also my attribute to interact with the spirit realm.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

And you are correct and so is the Word. Both a Person and an extension (attribute) of the Father.

That is why people are confused with the doctrine of God (singular) and three seemingly independent yet not independent Personalities.

Like I said, the closest example is the trinity of man.

I have a Physical Body (which is what everybody here on earth know as me)
I have a Spirit Body (this is what every spirit including God see as Me)
I have a Soul (this is what I call "Me!", "I!" or "Myself!"wink.

I've used the singular pronoun "I have" because the real me is actually these three me (Body, Soul and Spirit).

My Body is Me but it is also my attribute to interact with the Physical realm.
My Spirit is Me but it is also my attribute to interact with the spirit realm.
The point i disagree with you, is saying your body is you, because your body is not you, for without your spirit, your body would be dead.

So your body is just a part of you, while you are the total sum of your body and every other part that makes up the you that you are.

That my point with God the Father as opposed to God the Word/Son, God the Spirit, for neither of them is God in totality, but God the Father is God in totality inclusive of them.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I read all you wrote, and it's exactly what I've said and stood by in this thread. I stated that the holy spirit is not a person, that there is one most high God and He isn't the same person with christ but they are all one. Do you have any problem with this?.
About it being inconsequential, you may not understand the mystery and you actually do not need to...
God bless.....
@bolded
(1) I have no problem with that, i only expatriate more for interested followers to fully grasp the facts by presenting scriptural references to support what you typed!

(2) There is nothing like MYSTERY in God's word! What we have is SACRED SECRETS but the translators mistranslated the text as MYSTERY!

The difference between these two is that MYSTERY means something that is incomprehensible so you can't explain for someone else to understand.
While SACRED SECRETS is hidden truth for certain reasons, of course interested students can learn and fully understand it so as to teach others! Luke 8:9-17

In the Bible book of Revelations, TRINITY was depicted as a harlot whose teachings are MYSTERIOUS {Revelations 17:5-7} so all those believing in her can't fully grasp her status to preach or teach effectively, that's why the Churches are breaking into smaller groups whereas all of them are advocating for their mother god TRINITY who is LAWLESSNESS in her full regalia.
Apostle Paul made it clear that this lawless one has started operating in secret during in the first century, but because God's holy spirit was permeating the Christian congregation back then TRINITY never came out until the pioneers of truth (first century Christians) were out of the way! 2Thessalonians 2:6-8
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
The point i disagree with you, is saying your body is you, because your body is not you, for without your spirit, your body would be dead.
A corpse is still the person disconnected from the union of his soul and spirit.

In the two instances below, Jesus addressed the "corpse" as if it was living.

Mar 5:41:
"And He took the child's hand and said to her , Talitha koumi; (which interpreted is, Little girl, I say to you, arise! )"

John 11:43:
"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus , come forth."

Like I said before: we all have three identities
Physical Identity (Body)
Spiritual Identity (Spirit)
And
Personal Identity (Soul)

A person can still function (as a spirit being) when physically dead. But can a person still function without both body and spirit?

Please Note:
Animals have a Soul and Body but no spirit
Angels, Demons etc have a Soul and Spirit but no body
Humans have a Soul, Body and Spirit.

Life/Consciousness is from the Soul (man, angels, demons, animals).
The soul is the center of WILL, EMOTION and INTELLECT of any being.

jesusjnr:

So your body is just a part of you, while you are the total sum of your body and every other part that makes up the you that you are.

That my point with God the Father as opposed to God the Word/Son, God the Spirit, for neither of them is God in totality, but God the Father is God in totality inclusive of them .
I am the TOTAL of my Body, Soul and Spirit. My soul is just the chairman of my being. For without my soul, both my Body and Spirit can do nothing.

My Body Feels Sensations (Pain, Pleasure)
My Soul Feels Sensations (Emotion)
My Spirit Feels Sensations (Intuition)

Looking at you @ bolded, of we aren't carefull, we'll create three Gods. One major overall God and two smaller assistant Gods, but that is not true.

Don't forget that it was Jesus who actually really revealed God to us as FATHER!

Even though this doesn't agree with the scriptures, the only argument you may have would state something like. The Soul is the real us and our body and spirit are just appendages.

Is the bolded your position?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

A corpse is still the person disconnected from the union of his soul and spirit.

In the two instances below, Jesus addressed the "corpse" as if it was living.

Mar 5:41:
"And He took the child's hand and said to her , Talitha koumi; (which interpreted is, Little girl, I say to you, arise! )"

John 11:43:
"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus , come forth."

Like I said before: we all have three identities
Physical Identity (Body)
Spiritual Identity (Spirit)
And
Personal Identity (Soul)

A person can still function (as a spirit being) when physically dead. But can a person still function without both body and spirit?

Please Note:
Animals have a Soul and Body but no spirit
Angels, Demons etc have a Soul and Spirit but no body
Humans have a Soul, Body and Spirit.

Life/Consciousness is from the Soul (man, angels, demons, animals).

I am the TOTAL of my Body, Soul and Spirit. My soul is just the chairman of my being. For without my soul, both my Body and Spirit can do nothing.

My Body Feels Sensations (Pain, Pleasure)
My Soul Feels Sensations (Emotion)
My Spirit Feels Sensations (Intuition)

Looking at the bolded, of we aren't carefull, we'll create three Gods. One major overall God and two smaller assistant Gods, but that is not true.

Don't forget that it was Jesus who actually really revealed God to us as FATHER!

Even though this doesn't agree with the scriptures, the only argument you may have would state something like. The Soul is the real us and our body and spirit are just appendages.

Is the bolded your position?
With respect to the bolded, i think you should be more concerned about the error of equating Jesus to His Father who He said was greater than Him.

And there is also the one of the LORD said to my Lord, by David in a revelation.

I mean there are so many other instances in the scriptures, some of which have already been mentioned by the Op, and some of which haven't been touched yet which clearly shows the error in assuming Jesus is the Father even though He is the Word/Son of God.

But It seems you're not really interested in the clear position of the scriptures on this argument, but that which you're inclined to believe, because the scripture is absolutely clear on this.

So apparently, it's likely we are not going to agree on this matter, although I think it is quite inconsequential either ways, as it just about being technically correct, because The Father, Son, and Spirit are one.

God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Janosky: 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:

But since they proceeded from God, they also have the "God" attribute in them which makes them to also be God, as in God the Word/Son, God the Spirit.

But They are not God Almighty, who is also the Father, neither are they equal to Him, even though they are One.

God bless.

Just so everyone can see how confused these Trinity gang really are.... All of them spirit filled with confusion, NOT from Yahweh.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Janosky: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Anas09:

Really? Pls explain to me how my views can make one an atheist.

I am just not in the mood for this right now, may be I would find time and we wld talk about this.

Jesus is YHWH Bros. He is not different from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Another one...
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Janosky: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr :
But since they proceeded from God,
they also have the "God" attribute in
them which makes them to also be
God, as in God the Word/Son, God the
Spirit.
But They are not God Almighty, who is
also the Father, neither are they equal
to Him, even though they are One.
God bless.

Blabbermouth:

As Christians, we do not argue, we never will. Let us enlighten each other with the bible. Your stance on Trinity is very bad. I know "Jesus is God" but not in the same sense which you view it. Your kind of view has made so many people atheists.

Anas09 :
Really? Pls explain to me how my
views can make one an atheist.
I am just not in the mood for this right
now, may be I would find time and we
wld talk about this.
Jesus is YHWH Bros. He is not
different from the God of Abraham,
Isaac, and Jacob."

shadeyinka:

Which of this is wrong?
My Body is a Person!
My Soul is a Person!
My Spirit is a Person!

The Father is a Person
Solite3 get him own Trinity version contradictory to others on this thread.
If each of them is a person=.
Is that not 3 spirits beings /persons?
Death has a sting,1Cor15:5. Is death a person/spirit?
Personification is a literary device common in the holy Bible...
Genesis to Revelation, at no time did Yahweh have a one on one conversation with his holy spirit. Why ?
Yahweh is God's name. Jesus is God's son.
What's the name of God's holy spirit?

John4:24, "God is a spirit, NOT God is Spirits.
John17:3, John4:24,Jesus is saying the only true God, his Father (Yahweh) is a Spirit.
Yahweh is the God and Father of Jesus Christ in the physical realm,(John14:28. 20:17) and in the spirit realm (Rev 3:5,21).

Una dey see the confusion of these 'spirit filled' Trinity gang ?
Their delusional doctrine of falsehood has no ties with Yahweh. 1Cor 14:33.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Two questions sir:
1. Is your mind your brain?
2. Do angels of God or even demons have their minds?

1.Mind is not brain, The brain is the physical structure that controls the functions of the whole human body while the mind is part of the Spirit through which it controls the human body, gathers and process thoughts to act on it.

2. Yes Angels and demons have their minds.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
solite3:

1.Mind is not brain, The brain is the physical structure that controls the functions of the whole human body while the mind is part of the Spirit through which it controls the human body, gathers and process thoughts to act on it.

2. Yes Angels and demons have their minds.
You are correct that the mind isn't the brain
You are also correct that angels and demons have their mind.

I asked these question with respect to your post that:

solite3:
I have a mind but my mind is not a person on its own
So, the question is what is the mind?

The mind is just an attribute of the soul required for intelligence (Memory, Logic, Knowledge). In other words, the Intellect of a person

The soul determine your person (ality):
Just as your body determine how you are perceived physically
Your Spirit determine how you are perceived in the spirit realm

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are correct that the mind isn't the brain
You are also correct that angels and demons have their mind.

I asked these question with respect to your post that:

So, the question is what is the mind?

The mind is just an attribute of the soul required for intelligence (Memory, Logic, Knowledge). In other words, the Intellect of a person

The soul determine your person (ality):
Just as your body determine how you are perceived physically
Your Spirit determine how you are perceived in the spirit realm

you are correct, I was addresing blabbermouth who equated spirit to mind, I try to make him see that from the bible we know the Spirit of God is a person who has mind of his own. I didnt intend to say the mind is a person.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
With respect to the bolded, i think you should be more concerned about the error of equating Jesus to His Father who He said was greater than Him.

And there is also the one of the LORD said to my Lord, by David in a revelation.

I mean there are so many other instances in the scriptures, some of which have already been mentioned by the Op, and some of which haven't been touched yet which clearly shows the error in assuming Jesus is the Father even though He is the Word/Son of God.

But It seems you're not really interested in the clear position of the scriptures on this argument, but that which you're inclined to believe, because the scripture is absolutely clear on this.

So apparently, it's likely we are not going to agree on this matter, although I think it is quite inconsequential either ways, as it just about being technically correct, because The Father, Son, and Spirit are one.

God bless.
Let me answer your two bolded.
1. equating Jesus to His Father who He said was greater than Him.

That isn't my position. Jesus said:
...My Father is greater than I am
...the Father has sent me
...the Lamb of God
This is true from the point of view of Jesus being the "Son" but not as the WORD

But I don't think Jesus ever ranked the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit in the order of seniority.

Instead, we have scriptures like:
Of the Holy Spirit:
Mat 12:31-32:
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men : but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men . And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Of the Son:
Ps 45:6-7:
"Thy throne, O God , is forever and ever: the scepter of thy kingdom is a right scepter. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows."

Heb 1:8:
"But unto the Son he saith , Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom."

A correction:
Jesus /the Word is NOT the Father
The Father is NOT Jesus/the Word

The Holy Spirit is NOT the Father
The Father is NOT the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is NOT the Word
The Word is NOT the Holy Spirit

The Word is God
The Holy Spirit is God
The Father is God

Just like:
My Body is not my Soul
My Soul is not my Body

My Body is not my Spirit
My Spirit is not my Body

My Spirit is not my Soul
My Soul is not my Spirit

In the sense like:
My Body is ME
My Spirit is ME
My Soul is ME

There is no contradiction if you understand this.

Finally a Question for You:
Is Jesus greater than the Holy Spirit?

John 15:26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

John 16:7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

Please compare with
John 14:26:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Shalom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. / Do You TRUST God Enough? Which Would You Choose? Gun Or Witchcraft / Have You Ever Seen A Vision?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.