Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. (4594 Views)

If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Read the chapter 1 of Hebrews top to bottom. When you are done, you will erase all you've said..
That Chapter actually says Jesus is God hahahahahahaha. See? I know you are confused

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:
what do you mean deeper?
These are things revealed in the bible understanding these things comes through prayerful study of the bible not assumptions. Whatever God reveals is through his written word.
You claimed anyone who believes God is three persons in one is an idolater without even trying to see the bible bible for yourself. Sis these things are in the bible not hidden.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Bros, this is why I said, I don't bother discussing this.

Don't worry.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

That Chapter actually says Jesus is God hahahahahahaha. See? I know you are confused
Okay, cull out bible verses from the chapter that backs your claim.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Okay, cull out bible verses from the chapter that backs your claim.
Only if you wld show me where the Bible says there are three persons in one God

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

Sister, I am against this!!!!!
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

As Christians, we do not argue, we never will. Let us enlighten each other with the bible. Your stance on Trinity is very bad. I know "Jesus is God" but not in the same sense which you view it. Your kind of view has made so many people atheists.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:
The Enlightenment II {Is Christ God?}
Look out and search, read the bible and meditate on it. Jesus declared it, the demons knew it, even the apostles showed it.
I am a bit rusty and I'm not really a fan of quoting bible verses but I am sure these are words of Christ and not mine.
Matthew 10:40"He that recieves you receives me, he that receiveth me receiveth HE THAT SENT ME".
Matthew 11:25 " I thank you FATHER, lord of heaven and earth, that you have......"
Matthew 10:33 "Whoever denies me before men, I will also deny before my FATHER who is in heaven.
Matthew 8:29 " What have you to do with us, O SON OF GOD"
Another one, was when Jesus was teaching and told those present that he hasn't come on his own accord but everything he hath done and is to do hath been of the FATHER".{Anyone that remembers the bible reference for this should please help me out with it}.....
He that hath the truth in him let him confirm that this are the words of Christ and that Christ was openly declaring that he wasn't our Heavenly father, He is the Son of the father.
He through propitiations has even bestowed the grace that we also may be Sons of the Most-High-God [Just as He (Lord Jesus) is]
Why do many believers preach foolish doctrines that the Most-High-God was the one who came down in human form?
Why then Do many Christians equate Jesus with God?
(I demand an answer)
Cc: OLAADEGBU Jesusjnr Anas09 MuttleyLaff solite3 blueAgent
With respect to the bolded, they do so in error because it is not technically correct, however it is an error that is quite spiritually inconsequential because God has put everything into the hand of His Son Jesus', and considering how humble God is, He wouldn't be bothered about it.

But technically speaking, you are correct that Jesus is not God Almighty, and neither is He the equal of God Almighty, because Jesus Himself said that the Father was greater than Him.

So there are numerous other evidences which supports this position, some of which you've posited and others which you've not even touched to show that this position is overwhelmingly scriptural.

God gave John, the brother of James, a rare revelation which no other apostle in the Bible had, which was that Jesus was the Word of God which was in the beginning. And that it was that Word that was made flesh. {John 1:1,14}

And if you go to the beginning, you'd see that He was the Word which proceeded from God's mouth, which God used in the process of creation. And the Spirit of God which also proceeded from God was the One which performed the Word which emanated from God's mouth.

So both the Word of God and the Spirit of God proceeded from God, for they belong to Him, therefore they can be cannot be the equal of God Almighty who they proceeded from.

But since they proceeded from God, they also have the "God" attribute in them which makes them to also be God, as in God the Word/Son, God the Spirit.

But They are not God Almighty, who is also the Father, neither are they equal to Him, even though they are One.

God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
With respect to the bolded, ..........
God bless.
I love you, God bless....Once more, I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

As Christians, we do not argue, we never will. Let us enlighten each other with the bible. Your stance on Trinity is very bad. I know "Jesus is God" but not in the same sense which you view it. Your kind of view has made so many people atheists.
Really? Pls explain to me how my views can make one an atheist.

I am just not in the mood for this right now, may be I would find time and we wld talk about this.

Jesus is YHWH Bros. He is not different from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Sister, I am against this!!!!!
So what then are we haggling about?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
With respect to the bolded, they do so in error because it is not technically correct, however it is an error that is quite spiritually inconsequential because God has put everything into the hand of His Son Jesus', and considering how humble God is, He wouldn't be bothered about it.

But technically speaking, you are correct that Jesus is not God Almighty, and neither is He the equal of God Almighty, because Jesus Himself said that the Father was greater than Him.

So there are numerous other evidences which supports this position, some of which you've posited and others which you've not even touched to show that this position is overwhelmingly scriptural.

God gave John, the brother of James, a rare revelation which no other apostle in the Bible had, which was that Jesus was the Word of God which was in the beginning. And that it was that Word that was made flesh. {John 1:1,14}

And if you go to the beginning, you'd see that He was the Word which proceeded from God's mouth, which God used in the process of creation. And the Spirit of God which also proceeded from God was the One which performed the Word which emanated from God's mouth.

So both the Word of God and the Spirit of God proceeded from God, for they belong to Him, therefore they can be cannot be the equal of God Almighty who they proceeded from.

But since they proceeded from God, they also have the "God" attribute in them which makes them to also be God, as in God the Word/Son, God the Spirit.

But They are not God Almighty, who is also the Father, neither are they equal to Him, even though they are One.

God bless.
Then you should go further and explain why Jesus took up all the attributes of YHWH. Was He an impostor?

How can YHWH the father be Lord, and Jesus the Son also be Lord?

I don't even want to get started on this.

You know zilk about the Word of God.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Jesus: I and my father are one...
I- first person
My father- Second person
Thus different personality, "Are One" yet the same.
This is from the scripture, Do you agree with it? If you do, Good!!! Now answer this question
"How can two different person be one?"
The problem I have with you is that you deny that the holy Spirit is a person distinct from the Father and Son, of which Jesus explicitly refers to the holy Spirit as 'He' meaning a person who will come while He would go to meet the Father.
The Father remains in heaven.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Holy Spirit speaks

Acts 13:2
As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Note The Holy Ghost spake not the Father or the Son.
Can a mere force or presence speak?

Infact Jesus said the sin against the Holy Ghost cannot be forgiven?
Not the Father or Jesus
Can you sin against a mere force, presence or will?

Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Hebrews 3:10
Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Can you grieve a mere force or presence or will?

That the Holy Spirit is a person distinct from both the Father and The Son is clear from the bible.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

In the above verse note how the Spirit of the LORD is clearly separate from God.

The person who is being spent was sent by the Lord and His Spirit.

Can a mere force or presence or will send one?

The bible is replete of the fact of the trinity the fact we cant relate with it as humans does not make it any less trus.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I love you, God bless....Once more, I LOVE YOU!!!!
I pray you love God even more, because He deserves all the love He could possibly get.

Thanks.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
I pray you love God even more, because He deserves all the love He could possibly get.

Thanks.
And He told me to love "My neighbour" as myself...
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

Bros, this is why I said, I don't bother discussing this.

Don't worry.

But, remember, if you die and in your mind you believe they are three person in one God, you will be termed an idolater, and won't be allowed into the kingdom of God.

God is One. Jesus is the manifestation of Jehovah. He is the Holy Spirit.

Bolded where part of your words, you wrote that anyone who believes in the trinity is going to hell, which is a pure heresy.

And you alao claim Jesus is the holy Spirit which is another heresy.

God is one does not mean he is one person.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:

The problem I have with you is that you deny that the holy Spirit is a person distinct from the Father and Son.......
It would have been easy for us both if you had given answer to my question.
The answer is this, the Holy-Spirit is a "persona". Now, do you know what a persona is?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:

But, remember, if you die and in your mind you believe they are three person in one God, you will be termed an idolater, and won't be allowed into the kingdom of God.

God is One. Jesus is the manifestation of Jehovah. He is the Holy Spirit.

Bolded where part of your words, you wrote that anyone who believes in the trinity is going to hell, which is a pure heresy.

And you alao claim Jesus is the holy Spirit which is another heresy.

God is one does not mean he is one person.
I am not against Trinity o. And I didn't say anyone who beives in Trinity will go to hell. i said anyone who believes that there are rhree persons in one God will go to hellfire. Saying there are three persons is saying there are three essences which manifested differently and are distinctively gods in their individual rights. This is idolatry.

I said Jeus is YHWH and He is the Holy Spirit too. The Trinity does not mean there are three persons in one God.

Jesus is the Trinity. The Trinity is in Jesus, the Divine Human God.

He is One essence who manifested differently.

Bros, this is too high for you, so don't worry.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

Then you should go further and explain why Jesus took up all the attributes of YHWH. Was He an impostor?

How can YHWH the father be Lord, and Jesus the Son also be Lord?

I don't even want to get started on this.

You know zilk about the Word of God.
When you look at the mirror, what do you see? The exact replica of your physical form.
Is the image an imposter?? No, it is a reflection.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

Really? Pls explain to me how my views can make one an atheist.

I am just not in the mood for this right now, may be I would find time and we wld talk about this.

Jesus is YHWH Bros. He is not different from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
It is inconsequential but people have turned away through it.

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
I am going to be given scriptural verses not head assumptions.

Is God the Father greater than Jesus or the Holy Spirit?

First and foremost let me clarify that God is one.
Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

This is usually regarded as One of the shema in israel.
It sates that God is one united being.
There is order withing the trinity but does not translates to who is greater or lesser for God is one.

Those who claim there is one God Almighty and then the other are just gods have succeded in creating polytheism for themselves.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

It is inconsequential but people have turned away through it.
How?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

How?
Did you see the attachment?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:
I am going to be given scriptural verses not head assumptions.

Is God the Father greater than Jesus or the Holy Spirit?

First and foremost let me clarify that God is one.
Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

This is usually regarded as One of the shema in israel.
It sates that God is one united being.
There is order withing the trinity but does not translates to who is greater or lesser for God is one.

Those who claim there is one God Almighty and then the other are just gods have succeded in creating polytheism for themselves.
No qualms in all what you've said. The holy spirit is not a person, he is a persona..
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

When you look at the mirror, what do you see? The exact replica of your physical form.
Is the image an imposter?? No, it is a reflection.
See? You don't understand who Jesus is.

Jesus is not a reflection of God, we are.

Jesus is really YHWH Himself.

And that Meme of that atheist, lol. Yeah, pretty much, that is what it is. It may sound stupid to you, but didn't the Bible say the things of the spirit sound stupid to carnal people?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

I am not against Trinity o. And I didn't say anyone who beives in Trinity will go to hell. i said anyone who believes that there are rhree persons in one God will go to hellfire. Saying there are three persons [s]is saying there are three essences which manifested differently and are distinctively gods in their individual rights.[/s]This is idolatry.
that is exactly what trinity is. trinity is one God but three persons.

I said Jesus is YHWH and He is the Holy Spirit too. The Trinity does not mean there are three persons in one God.

Jesus is the Trinity. The Trinity is in Jesus, the Divine Human God.

He is One essence who manifested differently.

Bros, this is too high for you, so don't worry.

Madam you are giving out what you think not what the bible says remember our authority is the bible.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

No qualms in all what you've said. The holy spirit is not a person, he is a persona..
Are you sure you read what I wrote?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
Anas09:

See? You don't understand who Jesus is.

Jesus is not a reflection of God, we are.

Jesus is really YHWH Himself.

And that Meme of that atheist, lol. Yeah, pretty much, that is what it is. It may sound stupid to you, but didn't the Bible say the things of the spirit sound stupid to carnal people?
Your soul has relaxed. I'm glad...
Now, Jesus is really YHWH Himself Where in the bible was it expressed?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:
that is exactly what trinity is. No trinity is one God but three persons.

Madam you are giving out what you think not what the bible says remember our authority is the bible.
And you have not been able to show me one place where the Bible says there are three persons in one God and you will never find that place.

Do you know what an Essence means?

Bros YHWH is the underlying reality of Jesus, while Jesus is the manifestation In a human form of YHWh.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
solite3:
Are you sure you read what I wrote?
Do you know what a persona means??
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

And He told me to love "My neighbour" as myself...
Ok oh....I hear you, but only after you first do this:

Mark 12:30 (KJV)

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Ok oh....I hear you, but only after you first do this:

Mark 12:30 (KJV)

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
I want to learn, How can this be done?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Your soul has relaxed. I'm glad...
Now, Jesus is really YHWH Himself [b] Where in the bible was it expressed?
I need you to explain what this scripture means;
John 14:8-10
[b]Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Pls remember the focus is Who is YHWH? That is what Philip asked.

And ...
[b]Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

What are you saying Jesus? I asked for Jehovah not you. By this, are you implying that you are the father? Philip must have thought.

Jesus went on

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;
Theres no different father from me.

and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Why are you asking for what is in front of you Philip?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

I guess you don't understand what 'In' here means. I didn't tok until I did.

the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Pastor Call Of Wedding @ The Altar / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Muslim Vs Christian Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.