Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,507 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. (4982 Views)

If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
solite3:
you are correct, I was addresing blabbermouth who equated spirit to mind, I try to make him see that from the bible we know the Spirit of God is a person who has mind of his own. I didnt intend to say the mind is a person.
Fire on bro!
Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
solite3:
who told you He was not a man?

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is one mediator in heaven right now and he is a man.

So YAHWEH is also a man. As he has been called "the Man of war", right? You guys are so confused. So, He turned to a man and called Himself " my God" in heaven? Do you guys read what you write?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
shadeyinka:

Fire on bro!
Happy Sunday!
Happy Sunday to you too

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
HedwigesMaduro:

So YAHWEH is also a man. As he has been called "the Man of war", right? You guys are so confused. So, He turned to a man and called Himself " my God" in heaven? Do you guys read what you write?
"Jehovah is a man of war" is only a figurative expression but Jesus being a man is a well established fact from the bible.

Jesus after his resurrection said he is not a spirit.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

(2) There is nothing like MYSTERY in God's word! What we have is SACRED SECRETS but the translators mistranslated the text as MYSTERY!

The difference between these two is that MYSTERY means something that is incomprehensible so you can't explain for someone else to understand.
While SACRED SECRETS is hidden truth for certain reasons, of course interested students can learn and fully understand it so as to teach others! Luke 8:9-17
Literally, you are right. I used the word "mystery" because not everyone understands the term "sacred secrets". Though the meaning of " sacred secret" is what I meant as "mystery".
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by blueAgent(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2019
johnydon22:
Biblically, the holy spirit is implied to be a person or at least a distinct agent.

Besides, wouldn't the spirit of God be God?

I do not think the spirit of a being is distinct from the same being.

And spirit connotes duality of being.

There is no Scripture that says the Holy
Spirit is God or that the Holy Spirit is a
literal being as decided by this council in
381 A.D. And to later justify what was
decided by saying that the Holy Spirit
can be grieved, so therefore the Spirit of
God must be a person is not theology!
That is red fire engine logic. That is, fire
engines are red, my car is red, therefore
my car is a fire engine. What Paul said
on the other hand is Biblical, “For who
among men knows the thoughts of a man
except the man's spirit within him? In the
same way no one knows the thoughts of
God except the Spirit of God .” 1
Corinthians 2:11 NIV. Here Paul likens
the spirit of man to the Spirit of God.
Just as a man has a spirit, God also has
a Spirit in the same manner, and His
Spirit is the part of Him associated with
the mind, will, and emotions the same
as a man. My spirit can also be grieved
but that does not make my spirit another
person any more than it does God'

Quoting Acts 5:3-4 is also red fire engine
logic. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God
and thus is from God. This is why Peter
showed that to lie to the Spirit of God
that revealed the deception, is to lie to
the Almighty God Himself as it is His
Spirit.
For Adventists: Does Acts 5:3-4 say the
Holy Spirit is god or that they lied to the
“almighty God” as it is His Spirit? “Peter
asked, “Was it not thine own?” thus
showing that no undue influence had
been brought to bear upon Ananias and
Sapphira to compel them to sacrifice
their possessions to the general good.
They had acted from choice. But in
pretending to be wrought upon by the
Holy Ghost, and attempting to deceive
the apostles, they had lied to the
Almighty. ” — (E.G. White, 3SP 285.1)
“In giving us His Spirit, God gives us
Himself, ” — (E.G. White, 7T 273.1, 1902)
A true Christian studies and follows the
Word of God. Not put their trust in man
let alone men with little or no understanding of God's word.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by blueAgent(m): 12:49am On Oct 14, 2019
johnydon22:

I think you are confusing Trinitarian doctrine with Unitarian doctrine.

Trinitarian doctrine does not say God the father, Son and Holy Ghost are one person. That's the opposite of what they say.

The doctrine states that God the father is a different person from the Son who in turn is different from the HG

But they are all together God.

Unitarian however says that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one person.

Don't conflate the two doctrines

That does not make the trinity doctrine right.

The truth remains that only God the Father is the only self existent God, Jesus is the Son who is also God by Inheritance , the Holy spirit is not God but the spirit of God and all three are not co-eternal or equal as claimed by the fraud trinity doctrine.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 14, 2019
blueAgent:

The truth remains that only God the Father is the only self existent God, Jesus is the Son who is also God by Inheritance , the Holy spirit is not God but the spirit of God and all three are not co-eternal or equal as claimed by the fraud trinity doctrine.
The trinity is the only Logical explanation of God in the bible.
Your statement is full of bibical contradiction, if only you would lool at the scripture and learn you are in error
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by johnydon22(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
blueAgent:

Get the doctrine right to rightly criticize it. If you get the doctrine wrong, your criticism most likely would have a flawed premise.

The truth remains that only God the Father is the only self existent God, Jesus is the Son who is also God by Inheritance
So, both the Son and the father are God.

Cool

, the Holy spirit is not God but the spirit of God
This is a highly contradictory statement.

Spirit = essence of being.

John's spirit is also John.

If the holy spirit is the spirit of God then the holy spirit is God.

Since when did the spirit of a thing become distinct from that which it is its essence?

and all three are not co-eternal or equal as claimed by the fraud trinity doctrine.

You'd know.

Your comment here actually ends up arriving at the same conclusion.

God the father - Eternal God - Therefore, God.

The son - Inherited God - Therefore God.

Holy spirit - Spirit of God (essence) - Therefore, God.

That's curious
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by blueAgent(m): 2:12am On Oct 15, 2019
solite3:
The trinity is the only Logical explanation of God in the bible.
Your statement is full of bibical contradiction, if only you would lool at the scripture and learn you are in error

How is it logical when your Church calls it a mystery that cannot be understood?

You trinitarians throw hundreds of Bible verses away in order to accommodate your fraud doctrine and you claim it is logical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idinrete: Can You Tell Me More About Ifa ? / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 / JW PIMO Reconsiders The Trinity Doctrine. Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.