Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child (53303 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Prettychichi21(f): 12:05am On Oct 14, 2019
Akwaibom and sex are like 5$6

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:05am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
being a rev.father has its pros and cons.men who decide to be rev.fathers know fully well that they will not have wives or children.
Usually the priest sees the church members as his family or the closest thing he has to a family.

That's why before and during the years of formation the rev.fr has a lot of time to think it over and over.

It's just how it is,just the way you sometimes forfeit one thing in other to achieve another thing in life.i could give you practical examples but we're in a public forum.

Show me where in the Bible that justifies this practice. Where Jesus Christ mentioned it. Not what they told you. Who gave the catholic church authority to be making laws different from the Bible and Jesus teaching

Broad is the way that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to life. Catholic church has a lot of people because it is EASY CHRISTIANITY. Church of convenience. Sin today and go and confess tomorrow. Lol (Another false teaching).

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:06am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

The catholic church is not the Bible or Jesus. It cannot make new laws, different from Jesus or the Bible. Don't follow church. Follow the Bible. Read the Bible yourself, not what they tell you.

Keep quiet. Who compiled that Bible u are holding You only know of Christianity because of the sacrifices of Catholic church. You these mushroom Pentecostal businesses are funny. Everything u do is out of ignorance. First u criticize then turn around to copy. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:08am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
being a rev.father has its pros and cons.men who decide to be rev.fathers know fully well that they will not have wives or children.
Usually the priest sees the church members as his family or the closest thing he has to a family.

That's why before and during the years of formation the rev.fr has a lot of time to think it over and over.

It's just how it is,just the way you sometimes forfeit one thing in other to achieve another thing in life.i could give you practical examples but we're in a public forum.

Well I still think it's unfair but thank you for explaining it to me anyway. Its good for different denominations of the church to discuss important issues...Cheers

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 12:09am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

No, they aren't. Where do you want to start? Is it the worship of Mary or saints? The statues of idolatry? Where did Jesus mention that people should become priests and not marry? Do you preach being born again, the core message of Jesus? The catholic church making new rules for their members, and challenging the authority of the Bible and Jesus Christ.
like I said,please check up your dictionary and try to find the difference between worship and honour.

Mary and the saints are more like people who have sacrified all for God .we hope to be like them too one day.we try as much as we can to emulate their good virtues

As for the idolatry part,I dunno why I have to repeat myself on the fact that we do not worship idols.they are there simply to remind us of the real persons .
I bet you're a pentecostant .I've always wondered myself why you always use the pictures of your pastors inside the church,like are they the owners of the church or what

The part of priests not marrying,it actually has a biblical reference and it is not by force to be a priest.

Catholic church preaches salvation as much as Pentecostal do

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:09am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Keep quiet. Who compiled that Bible u are holding You only know of Christianity because of the sacrifices of Catholic church. You these mushroom Pentecostal businesses are funny. Everything u do is out of ignorance. First u criticize then turn around to copy. Smh

Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God - Jesus Christ.

Are you born again? Do they teach you that in Catholic church? No, you all just go for formality. No real experience with the Spirit or the Word. They teach you lies about history but none of you can quote or back your argument from the Bible. Catholic made sacrifices and compiled the Bible. Lol. Another lie they tell them to stop them from reading the Bible themselves and discovering the truth.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:09am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me where in the Bible that justifies this practice. Where Jesus Christ mentioned it. Not what they told you. Who gave the catholic church authority to be making laws different from the Bible and Jesus teaching

Broad is the way that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to life. Catholic church has a lot of people because it is EASY CHRISTIANITY. Church of convenience. Sin today and go and confess tomorrow. Lol (Another false teaching).

You think confession is easy Smh. Whuy not stop the next stranger on ur way and tell him how u masturbated last night, tell him how u lust after your father's wife or stole your brothers cash. It's u pentecostal that practice religion of convenience. You guys are hypocrites and more or less just fashion and business centers

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:12am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

You think confession is easy Smh. Whuy not stop the next stranger on ur way and tell him how u masturbated last night, tell him how u lust after your father's wife or stole your brothers cash. It's u pentecostal that practice religion of convenience. You guys are hypocrites and more or less just fashion and business centers

Oh please, thats another thing i forgot to ask.. what really is the purpose of that confession of a thing?

How will you remember every single bad thing you did in the week? Why do you need to tell somebody all your embarrassing secrets...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:12am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Quote the Bible, my friend. Oh, you don't know the Bible. Where did Jesus say you should confess to another sinner (your priest). Confess to God, repent and be born again. He will give you His spirit and you will hate sin and don't need to confess again.

Open the Bible and read. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day. You will discover the truth yourself.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:14am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Oh please, thats another thing i forgot to ask.. what really is the purpose of that confession of a thing?

How will you remember every single bad thing you did in the week? Why do you need to tell somebody all your embarrassing secrets...

It's a false teaching. He will not be able to cite anywhere in the Bible that supports or justifies it. The catholic church is full of false teachings and their members rarely have any true relationship with God. Confess your sin to God only and He will cleanse you once and for all!

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:15am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God - Jesus Christ.

Are you born again? Do they teach you that in Catholic church? No, you all just go for formality. No real experience with the Spirit or the Word. They teach you lies about history but none of you can quote or back your argument from the Bible. Catholic made sacrifices and compiled the Bible. Lol. Another lie they tell them to stop them from reading the Bible themselves and discovering the truth.

Lol u are just a clown sha. What do u know of being born again. U think it's the childish drama u guys act in your business center/fashion square that's being born again. Jokers!Catholic church has waged wars against the gates of hell for over two thousand years! If u are not a Catholic u can never understand it's ways. U only do things that momentarily excite the body but ur soul is empty. Even ur pastors know they are just acting a movie script for u. Clowns!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:16am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

It's a false teaching. He will not be able to cite anywhere in the Bible that supports or justifies it. The catholic church is full of false teachings and their members rarely have any true relationship with God. Confess your sin to God only and He will cleanse you once and for all!

Well where does it come from and what is it for These things dont just come out from nowhere.. there must be a reason for it
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
like I said,please check up your dictionary and try to find the difference between worship and honour.

Mary and the saints are more like people who have sacrified all for God .we hope to be like them too one day.we try as much as we can to emulate their good virtues

As for the idolatry part,I dunno why I have to repeat myself on the fact that we do not worship idols.they are there simply to remind us of the real persons .
I bet you're a pentecostant .I've always wondered myself why you always use the pictures of your pastors inside the church,like are they the owners of the church or what

The part of priests not marrying,it actually has a biblical reference and it is not by force to be a priest.

Catholic church preaches salvation as much as Pentecostal do

QUOTE THE BIBLE. QUOTE THE BIBLE. QUOTE THE BIBLE. (Not dictionary or false history they teach you).
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by LZAA: 12:17am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

The catholic church is not the Bible or Jesus. It cannot make new laws, different from Jesus or the Bible. Don't follow church. Follow the Bible. Read the Bible yourself, not what they tell you.
Again u miss the point
The catholic church follows the bible and is the church from phich others sprang from
Nobody forces u to be a priest and the rules are clearly stated
How many times have u heard of pastor and wife fighting or divorcing
A lot i bet
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:19am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Quote the Bible, my friend. Oh, you don't know the Bible. Where did Jesus say you should confess to another sinner (your priest). Confess to God, repent and be born again. He will give you His spirit and you will hate sin and don't need to confess again.

Open the Bible and read. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day. You will discover the truth yourself.

It's not that I can't quote Bible or teach u. But I can't waste energy on a mind that is perpetually blocked and eyes that are open but can never see. The reason for asking is not to know but to criticize. So stay in ur ignorance my friend. To each his own

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:19am On Oct 14, 2019
LZAA:

Again u miss the point
The catholic church follows the bible and is the church from phich others sprang from
Nobody forces u to be a priest and the rules are clearly stated
How many times have u heard of pastor and wife fighting or divorcing
A lot i bet

Nobody has been able to quote the Bible because you don't know the Bible because they keep the Bible away from you. That summarises everything.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 12:20am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

QUOTE THE BIBLE. QUOTE THE BIBLE. QUOTE THE BIBLE. (Not dictionary or false history they teach you).
pls read up 1st corinthians7:32-34
Read up 1st Corinthians 7:7-8
Also matthew19:11-12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 12:22am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

It's not that I can't quote Bible or teach u. But I can't waste energy on a mind that is perpetually blocked and eyes that are open but can never see. The reason for asking is not to know but to criticize. So stay in ur ignorance my friend. To each his own
yeah I've been trying to educate him but he simply chooses to be ignorant.he simply suffers from lack of knoledge embarassed
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:22am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Well where does it come from and what is it for These things dont just come out from nowhere.. there must be a reason for it

My sister, if I analyse and tell you why the Catholic church was established, you will be shocked. The mass of people that attend have no idea what it is all about. The twisting of the teachings of the Bible is deliberate to lead many people astray and keep them from truly knowing and following God.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:24am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

You are not telling a person. The priest is Christ's authority on Earth. Why do u take ur troubles to ur pastor But u do that because it's convenient for u. Catholic church is not a place of convenience. It's ways are not your ways. If u want to learn, then come to cathechism
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 14, 2019
anienge001:
Lol!!

I hope he is accomplished now.

Sadly he still crave for, and celebrate the "mass" that is resigned from. So, from all the things going on, one is correct to say it was marriage and procreation that was his problem, and not Catholicism that he made people to believe.

Congratulations to nwa Fada!

Did he tell you he's missing it?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

You are not telling a person. The priest is Christ's authority on Earth. Why do u take ur troubles to ur pastor But u do that because it's convenient for u. Catholic church is not a place of convenience. It's ways are not your ways. If u want to learn, then come to cathechism

But when you tell him and he says "Say 10 Hail marys" What does it do?

To be honest, I tried attending catholic services when i was in school but it wasnt my thing.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:28am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Show me catechism in the Bible.

Show me where Jesus Christ said the Priest (a sinner himself) is Christ's authority on earth.

You may talk to people and seek their advice and prayer, but confession is to God only. They just keep twisting BIble everywhere for these people and they are swallowing them hook, line and sinker.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me catechism in the Bible.

Show me where Jesus Christ said the Priest (a sinner himself) is Christ's authority on earth.

You may talk to people and seek their advice and prayer, but confession is to God only. They just keep twisting BIble everywhere for these people and they are swallowing them hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

To be honest, I tried attending catholic services when i was in school but it wasnt my thing.

It's a demonic incantation directed to a demon called 'Queen of Heaven.'

Read the Bible yourself, my dear. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:31am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

It's a demonic incantation directed to a demon called 'Queen of Heaven.'

Read the Bible yourself, my dear. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day.

I use a manual. anyway why are you so against them? why not live and let live cool

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:33am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

It can't be ur thing because udont understand. First of all it's not a "service". If u want service u can get that in Pentecostal amusement parks/fashion parade. But if u choose to be a Catholic u will have to open ur mind and ur heart. There are many sacrements in Catholic church, d one u are referring to is penance.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:35am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I use a manual. anyway why are so against them? why not live and let live cool

Do you think Jesus Christ hated the Pharisees? Why didn't he just ignore them and focus on His disciples, you know, "live and let's live" things? No, Jesus always criticised them and called them hypocrites and vipers and they hated Jesus for saying the truth and exposing their lies and deceits? If you have the Spirit of God, you will hate every form of satanic manipulations.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

It can't be ur thing because udont understand. First of all it's not a "service". If u want service u can get that in Pentecostal amusement parks/fashion parade. But if u choose to be a Catholic u will have to open ur mind and ur heart. There are many sacrements in Catholic church, d one u are referring to is penance.

This is the problem, somebody is asking you a genuine question and youre being unnecessarily hostile. Im not interested in being a Catholic I just want to know what the whole thing is about because truly you people are quite enigmatic

The way I was trained, a church gathering is referred to as a service, so thats what Im going to call it

After vociferating you havent actually told me what the hail mary is supposed to do
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Do you think Jesus Christ hated the Pharisees? Why didn't he just ignore them and focus on His disciples, you know, "live and let's live" things? No, Jesus always criticised them and called them hypocrites and vipers and they hated Jesus for saying the truth and exposing their lies and deceits? If you have the Spirit of God, you will hate every form of satanic manipulations.
I hope you've read the Bible passages I gave you.its not like you'll admit you're wrong anyways.if you want more biblical references on our teachings and doctrines make use of Google or better still feel free to visit any Catholic church near you for further clarification.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

This is the problem, somebody is asking you a genuine question and youre being unnecessarily hostile. Im not interested in being a Catholic I just want to know what the whole thing is about because truly you people are quite enigmatic

The way I was trained, a church gathering is referred to as a service, so thats what Im going to call it

After vociferating you havent actually told me what the hail mary is supposed to do

Your question sounds like you want to make jest of the Church. A subtle way of asking questions meant to denigrate another.

For the avoidance of doubt, I will answer you.
But I will rephrase your question to this.
'Why does the priest give the confessor PRAYERS to say and what does the prayers do?'

I am sure that after I have rephrase your questions, the answer is right there starring you at your face.

The confession is in the sacrament of penance. The prayers given by the priest are meant to help or guide you make your penance. It is not the only prayer that you should say. You should ask God for forgiveness but in asking him for forgiveness, you should say and meditate on the prayers which the priest have given you during the confession.

It is not only the Hail Mary, I wonder your obsession with the Hail Mary. It consists of many other prayers. It is similar to your pastor praying for you and giving you prayer points when you meet him for counselling.

I hope you have understood this. If your intent is to learn, you can ask a true catholic outside there but if your intent is to make mockery, please don't. Catholics rarely pay attention to people who wants to insult their religion. They simply ignore them.

Im sure you can see it manifesting here. Catholics rarely get into arguments with people who do not have an open heart to learn about them.
Thanks my dear and May God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 12:46am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

the hail Mary is a prayer,the rev.fr could give you any prayer,sometimes use psalm to pray......it varies.
Like the other guy said,if you want further clarifications,please go to a Catholic church near you.

P.s the hail Mary as a prayer also comes from the Bible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) / Pastor Enenche Meets Vera Anyim, Says He Never Intended To Embarrass Her / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.