Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child (53299 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 1:59am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me the bolded in the Bible. Not what your 'father' told you or the false history they taught you to believe the many unbiblical rituals of the catholic church.

A rev father gives you prayer? A mortal man, possibly a sinner and not born again himself.
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
For some weird reasons your comments make me laugh.you sound like a cute ignorant baby.only difference is that the baby is at least willing to learn while you aren't.

This particular comment of yours just goes to show that you aren't familiar with your Bible at all.youre probably just that Christian who only goes to church on New year's Eve and be coming to form mr lawyer on nairaland

As for the hail Mary part,please kindly read Luke 1vs 28,you will see it clearly written

And doesn't your pastor give you prayers too?abi you want to tell me your pastor doesn't give you prayers points to pray on.

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 2:01am On Oct 14, 2019
studentofTruth:

John 19: 26-27

Let him digest the Hail Mary verses first
That's what he asked for.

Further biblical exposure to Mary stuffs might blow his tiny head. Will be too much for him

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 2:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
For some weird reasons your comments make me laugh.you sound like a cute ignorant baby.only difference is that the baby is at least willing to learn while you aren't.

This particular comment of yours just goes to show that you aren't familiar with your Bible at all.youre probably just that Christian who only goes to church on New year's Eve and be coming to form mr lawyer on nairaland

As for the hail Mary part,please kindly read Luke 1vs 28,you will see it clearly written

And doesn't your pastor give you prayers too?abi you want to tell me your pastor doesn't give you prayers points to pray on.

Lol, add Luke 1:41-42. grin

Let him get the whole prayer before he comes here and tells us that we gave him only half the wordings while we invented the rest.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by studentofTruth: 2:04am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Quote the Bible, my friend. Oh, you don't know the Bible. Where did Jesus say you should confess to another sinner (your priest). Confess to God, repent and be born again. He will give you His spirit and you will hate sin and don't need to confess again.

Open the Bible and read. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day. You will discover the truth yourself.

James 5:16
John 20:22-23

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by studentofTruth: 2:09am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me catechism in the Bible.

Show me where Jesus Christ said the Priest (a sinner himself) is Christ's authority on earth.

You may talk to people and seek their advice and prayer, but confession is to God only. They just keep twisting BIble everywhere for these people and they are swallowing them hook, line and sinker.

John 20: 22-23

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by studentofTruth: 2:18am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

It's a demonic incantation directed to a demon called 'Queen of Heaven.'

Read the Bible yourself, my dear. Start from John chapter 1. One chapter a day.

Luke 1: 26-56

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by toluwa1(f): 3:54am On Oct 14, 2019
Thats good being open and straight forward is better after all.....congratulations
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by kpajie1: 3:56am On Oct 14, 2019
any way congrat but 4 jah sake.is like there 2 dey kolabo before marriage and decouning of priest hood .any way i learnt frm ure lesson.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 4:52am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Do they really? I have always wondered if they secretly had girlfriends but I have never come across any story of such. I really felt they were innocent

Apart from paedophilia, i mean

In every sphere you find the good, the bad and the ugly. But you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 5:00am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

It was actually to make sure that the priests property and wealth went back into the church after he died, instead of to any wife/children he might have

I dont think it has a scriptural basis, it was just to amass wealth for the church

I dont agree with it at all, they are humans too and they get lonely

The way you make some claims, one would think you have all the facts and evidence. Relax.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 5:02am On Oct 14, 2019
MedicH:

You cant even spell a vagina. If not that i hate to call people fool eeh

You have just called him though. undecided
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 5:06am On Oct 14, 2019
SURElee:

I have never agreed it with. Why confine them to celibacy on paper when dem dey lash nuns and molest young boys?

Thank you for explaining. I have always questioned this.

And you think that will solve the problem? Do you know how many married men are cheats and/or paedophiles?

And you are thanking her for giving an explanation with no proof. What makes you believe that what she explained is the truth? SMH.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by kitaatita: 5:11am On Oct 14, 2019
Cousin9999:

What I meant is that there's a shortage.

In Europe and America churches are closing down as the people are getting less religious. It was a surprise to an American in Nigeria that new churches are being built.

The Catholic Church is among the more resilient of the old churches
To be a priest is not easy and not enticing, that's why few are entering the order.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by UncletC: 5:12am On Oct 14, 2019
NORSYK:
He did the right thing if you ask me... Heaven would be proud of him for not staying back and living in sin, pretence and deceit... A brave man I see
I don't think his own has to do with sin, I am a regular listener to his radio programs.. .. Anytime l hear him preach and was still in Catholic, l knew he won't stay long there... Sir, he preached then than most Pentecostal pastors, his messages used to be so inspiring and will be speaking in tongues years back, I am Assemblies of God member, but when l used to hear him, l knew he doesn't belong there. thank God he came out, he is a fire brand....
everything is not about living in sin or women. his own is a call. His messages then and now still carry fire . l do often listen to his radio programs. I think he operates in about 4 or 5 radio stations then and now as a preacher, which Rev Father do you see doing that ... he wasn't into Mass things, l mean undiluted messages . a man with good conscience can't be preaching like that, speak in tongues and still go and do Mass and your conscience will be free
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 5:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Wilstino:
But the Catholic doesn't Force one to become a priest. Why become a priest knowing fully well the rules and if you can't abide by them??

The church has it rules, Catholic priesthood is not suited for every man. They say 'many are called but few are chosen'..

Thank you. It is as simple as what you wrote. Whilst it is compulsory to be celibate as a catholic priest, it is not compulsory to be a catholic priest.

If you no fit do, no enter!

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by djoe21(m): 5:23am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I am reading up on it now... the defence is that its because they are supposed to be "married to the church" and concentrate on leading the church and not sex...

But they are thinking of changing it because it's scaring men away from the priesthood.

I hope they change it and combat that paedophilia stuff because its one thing that makes me feel somehow worshipping there

Good you are reading up now so you don't make claims that are unfounded.

By the way, are you a catholic or you just go worship there sometimes?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by UncletC: 5:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Some people think only on one side, they feel they chose how to work for God... wrong thoughts.
You can choose to work for God in Ghana, he says move to Niger, he chose as a man to be a Catholic priest but you know man proposed, God disposed..
Don't tell me didn't he know... since he knew, is he the one to detect to God? no...he only yielded to God...
I don't think his own has to do with sin, I am a
regular listener to his radio programs.. .. Anytime
l hear him preach and was still in Catholic, l
knew he won't stay long there... Sir, he preached
then than most Pentecostal pastors, his
messages used to be so inspiring and will be
speaking in tongues years back, I am Assemblies
of God member, but when l used to hear him, l
knew he doesn't belong there. thank God he
came out, he is a fire brand....
everything is not about living in sin or women.
his own is a call. His messages then and now
still carry fire . l do often listen to his radio
programs. I think he operates in about 4 or 5
radio stations then and now as a preacher, which
Rev Father do you see doing that ... he wasn't
into Mass things, l mean undiluted messages . a
man with good conscience can't be preaching
like that, speak in tongues and still go and do
Mass and your conscience will be free

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 5:56am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

You are the ignorant one here. What did I read? I maintain we should stick with the Bible. I don't read false history or 'father said' and regurgitate. I know the Bible enough to know what the catholic church is all about. Most people don't. Oh my, did I touch a nerve cos you just popped up from nowhere, all along afraid to engage me? Counter anything I've said with the Bible or go on to apply a little humility and learn.

What matters most is your personal salvation. It's not about church, but whatever your church teaches must agree with the Word of God. We will give account before God as individuals not as a church. I've been reading the Bible, King James version to be precise, I've not seen chaplet there neither have I seen who bowed down for Mary. Let's grow up, eternity is eternal!!!

Have you been to a Catholic church before, NO!
Have you met a priest to explain things to you, No!
Have you even picked up a cathechism book to read for understanding, No.

Keep fooling yourself. If you have done one of this, you can't be wallowing in ignorance. You claim that we don't read the Bible. Lol. Really myopic. We read three readings from the scriptures every Sunday and two on weekdays. I mean, really long passages which the priests explains at homily. But you don't know that, do you? You don't even know that the readings are arranged in such a way that in a year, the whole Bible is covered. Ignorance, I say.

Afraid to engage you? As if. If only you know...

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Jamescosmas(m): 6:04am On Oct 14, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

He made a right decision which is worthy of emulation. He was true and honest with his sense and preeq, and now he's more righteous than those who derided him when he chose to be different.

He has great striking ability which might not have seen the light of the day, if he did not make his move.

Now, while some of his former counterparts keep using vaseline on his wife's pictures, he has nothing to worry about because h

e's the real owner of the goal post, and he can choose to have another goal whenever he pleases.

I wish him and his family more fruitful years.
what is this one saying?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2019
UncletC:
Some people think only on one side, they feel they chose how to work for God... wrong thoughts.
You can choose to work for God in Ghana, he says move to Niger, he chose as a man to be a Catholic priest but you know man proposed, God disposed..
Don't tell me didn't he know... since he knew, is he the one to detect to God? no...he only yielded to God...
I don't think his own has to do with sin, I am a
regular listener to his radio programs.. .. Anytime
l hear him preach and was still in Catholic, l
knew he won't stay long there... Sir, he preached
then than most Pentecostal pastors, his
messages used to be so inspiring and will be
speaking in tongues years back, I am Assemblies
of God member, but when l used to hear him, l
knew he doesn't belong there. thank God he
came out, he is a fire brand....
everything is not about living in sin or women.
his own is a call. His messages then and now
still carry fire . l do often listen to his radio
programs. I think he operates in about 4 or 5
radio stations then and now as a preacher, which
Rev Father do you see doing that ... he wasn't
into Mass things, l mean undiluted messages . a
man with good conscience can't be preaching
like that, speak in tongues and still go and do
Mass and your conscience will be free

'When you listened to him, you knew he doesn't belong there'
What do you mean by that? That is a huge fallacy from you.

Secondly, you said 'His messages carry fire...'
You are insinuating that any person whose messages carry fire can never be Catholic?

This is just plain funny and it is unfortunate. I mean, how can you just sit down in your room and make up this theory.

Thirdly, you said ' I think he operates in about 4 or 5 radio stations then and now as a preacher, which Rev Father do you see doing that'
So, according to your newly founded theorem, preaching in 4 or 5 stations makes one uncatholic or unpriestly?
And to debunk your falsehood, Do you know how many Catholic priests preaches on Radios and on TV stations? Your statement reeks of ignorance.

Lastly, you said 'He wasn't into mass things'.
Since You said you were an AG member, how did you arrive at the conclusion that he wasn't into mass things? How did you know? Did he tell you?
You can't just stay in the comfort of your house and assume whatever you want to assume.
Stop it.

Bro, please before you talk, weigh your words. Don't let your dislike and misinformation about the catholics becloud your sense of reasoning.
Be different, don't be one of them (people who doesn't understand hence resort to dislike) . Thank you

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Jega18: 6:47am On Oct 14, 2019
Catholic Church doesn't make u to choose to be a priest. Ask any seminarian, he will tell u hw strict and discipline the seminary is. Any little offence, u might be expelled. So they don't even care not to talk of trying to make u choose

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by akdjr(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2019
I think he made the best decision rather than commiting adultery like my friend who is a Reverend father in Warri.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Octopusssy(f): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2019
ctleurocollege:

You read it again. Paul never married and wished people can be like him
Yes, he wished, but he also adviced that if you can't abstain, GO AND MARRY so you don't end up in sin because he recognized that not everyone will be able to contain their sexual urges for long.

Abi your own bible doesn't have that part?

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by philos(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Chai! Lust of the flesh? For his entire life? chaste and what

Mehn, Catholics are really something. And your churches look so interesting but I dont get the logic that you people use to understand things

How would a fully functioning adult male be expected to remain chaste for his entire natural life for the sake of Jesus, Jesus didnt ask any of us to do that

And whilst we're here can you please explain the significance of those tiny candles and statues because I could never get what the whole thing was about

Take time and read the Bible, if you can. Get informed.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Tolorunleke: 8:05am On Oct 14, 2019
Congratulations to him He made a right decision rather than staying and living in sin. God bless his family.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by blezynetym(f): 8:33am On Oct 14, 2019
Congratulations Sir, you are strong and courageous. God bless you
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by ctleurocollege: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2019
philos:
Catholic priesthood is not for everyone. It is for the strong-willed. It involves huge sacrifices. The reward extremely outweighs the sacrifices.
The former priest wasn't strong enough to swim against the current of the lust of the flesh and the world. He could not witness to Christ and the celibacy that Christ stood for and recommended for those who would willingly share in His chaste and Priestly ministry.
Mr. Edet has achieved what he wanted. There's more to that than meets the eye. The ultimate destination is Heaven, for those who truly believe.
I wish him well.

The worst part is that he still trys to celebrate mass with Holy Eucharist angry
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by ctleurocollege: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I see.

Well I told him before he started trying to slice me into abacha, I have been to several Catholic catechisms and I can never get the gist of it.

So i took the opportunity to ask you people because when I go there again now it will be the same thing.

You are sitting in the church, they will start reciting one prayer, standing, kneeling, sitting in a particular order which I wont know.

They will start singing... the words of the song will not be displayed anywhere for me to read but they will just be singing it...can you see how it would be difficult for an outsider to understand you people?

If you want to understand the church, get baptized afterwards join Catechism class, you will understand and like the church, that's why people don't leave
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Bryan88(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2019
O.P DUMPED?
NO OTHER ENGLISH WORDS TO USE?
MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU AND NOT DUMP YOU.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 9:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexandro15:

Have you been to a Catholic church before, NO!
Have you met a priest to explain things to you, No!
Have you even picked up a cathechism book to read for understanding, No.

Keep fooling yourself. If you have done one of this, you can't be wallowing in ignorance. You claim that we don't read the Bible. Lol. Really myopic. We read three readings from the scriptures every Sunday and two on weekdays. I mean, really long passages which the priests explains at homily. But you don't know that, do you? You don't even know that the readings are arranged in such a way that in a year, the whole Bible is covered. Ignorance, I say.

Afraid to engage you? As if. If only you know...

You know what? Seek special audience to Patrick Edet, the man who this post is about. Ask him what he meant by 'I am now free.' I know what happened to him. God has delivered him finally from all the deceits that you are still in.

Like Nicodemus visited Jesus at night seeking the truth, and Jesus explained to him how he has been living in grand ignorance and delusion all his life, thinking he was serving God. Go to Patrick Edet at night. I should talk to a Catholic priest or father? Really? To tell me what? When I should be expounding the Word to him to save him? I know the two-faced life they live in secret, and put on an artificial garment of holiness in public and to their members. I knew a complete hypocrite like that years ago (a 'father') and I would shake my head.

How can you be truly righteous when you are not born again, as Jesus told Nicodemus? It is the Spirit that quickens the mortal body to live a life that pleases God. You can't force it. The carnal mind (not born again) cannot please God.

My brother, leave rituals and traditions of men ( reading sacramenta, hail Mary and the rest). They cannot save you. Give your life to Christ. Become born again and you'll be set free like Patrick Edet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.