Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child (53322 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:48am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

This is the problem, somebody is asking you a genuine question and youre being unnecessarily hostile. Im not interested in being a Catholic I just want to know what the whole thing is about because truly you people are quite enigmatic

The way I was trained, a church gathering is referred to as a service, so thats what Im going to call it

After vociferating you havent actually told me what the hail mary is supposed to do

I am not hostile. If u calm down and read what I wrote u will get the answer u seek. I try to educate u. However If u are not a Catholic then please don't bother. Just stick with ur church

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:50am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
I hope you've read the Bible passages I gave you.its not like you'll admit you're wrong anyways.if you want more biblical references on our teachings and doctrines make use of Google or better still feel free to visit any Catholic church near you for further clarification.

Lol. Goodnight. I wish the best for you. I pray the Spirit of God ministers to you tonight and give you understanding of the deep things of His word in Jesus' name (AMEN). I know what you don't know. Deep things. But I understand where you're coming from. It's not surprising.

Goodnight. The love and mercies of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. He will show you things tonight in your dreams like He did to Saul.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 12:50am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
I hope you've read the Bible passages I gave you.its not like you'll admit you're wrong anyways.if you want more biblical references on our teachings and doctrines make use of Google or better still feel free to visit any Catholic church near you for further clarification.

My sister, don't bother yourself with him. Talk from today to tomorrow, he's mind is made up. It so quite easier to attack than defend. I can easily write " all pastors are fake" in four seconds and leave you to write an epistle for me which I will still dispute.

So don't waste your precious time with him. Leave him to his ignorance. But this I know, a day will come when penticostals will honor Mary and start naming churches after her. It will surely come

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:52am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

Your question sounds like you want to make jest of the Church. A subtle way of asking questions meant to denigrate another.

For the avoidance of doubt, I will answer you.
But I will rephrase your question to this.
'Why does the priest give the confessor PRAYERS to say and what does the prayers do?'

I am sure that after I have rephrase your questions, the answer is right there starring you at your face.

The confession is in the sacrament of penance. The prayers given by the priest are meant to help or guide you make your penance. It is not the only prayer that you should say. You should ask God for forgiveness but in asking him for forgiveness, you should say and meditate on the prayers which the priest have given you during the confession.

It is not only the Hail Mary, I wonder your obsession with the Hail Mary. It consists of many other prayers. It is similar to your pastor praying for you and giving you prayer points when you meet him for counselling.

I hope you have understood this. If your intent is to learn, you can ask a true catholic outside there but if your intent is to make mockery, please don't. Catholics rarely pay attention to people who wants to insult their religion. They simply ignore them.

Im sure you can see it manifesting here. Catholics rarely get into arguments with people who do not have an open heart to learn about them.
Thanks my dear and May God bless you.

I sometimes have a dry way of speaking but in this case, I meant no harm. I just find some Catholic practices very strange and when I ask about it nobody can give a serious answer

Lol i dont have an obsession with Hail Mary, thats what I always hear them repeating and quite frankly i find it disturbing that somebody could just be repeating the same thing every day for hours.. thats why I remember it

But does the priest ever rotate the prayer or write a new one? Or is it just the same one...

no Im not making a mockery. But dont you see the other guy who wants to chew you people up? So how can my own be mockery.. his own is 100 times worse
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexandro15: 12:52am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Lol. Goodnight. I wish the best for you. I pray the Spirit of God ministers to you tonight and give you understanding of the deep things of His word in Jesus' name (AMEN). I know what you don't know. Deep things. But I understand where you're coming from. It's not surprising.

Goodnight. The love and mercies of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. He will show you things tonight in your dreams like He did to Saul.

Go and sleep and stop displaying your ignorance. You think you can read nonsense and start regurgitating it in public. Apply a little humility and learn

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:53am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Do you think Jesus Christ hated the Pharisees? Why didn't he just ignore them and focus on His disciples, you know, "live and let's live" things? No, Jesus always criticised them and called them hypocrites and vipers and they hated Jesus for saying the truth and exposing their lies and deceits? If you have the Spirit of God, you will hate every form of satanic manipulations.

Lol how can a Catholic be a pharisee... though I find them ritualistic, I dont think it can be that bad

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 12:53am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

I am not hostile. If u calm down and read what I wrote u will get the answer u seek. I try to educate u. However If u are not a Catholic then please don't bother. Just stick with ur church

You've said all you can for now.
They all fail to realize that a Catholic will never devote a precious minute of his time to argue with someone who has locked his or her heart from ever understanding the Church.

They can stick with their Church.
The Catholic Church keeps growing everyday... People are seeing the light. And at 2.3 billion, they make up 75% of Christianity.

According to them, we are all going to hell.. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 12:56am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

You've said all you can for now.
They all fail to realize that a Catholic will never devote a precious minute of his time to argue with someone who has locked his or her heart from ever understanding the Church.

They can stick with their Church.
The Catholic Church keeps growing everyday... People are seeing the light. And at 2.3 billion, they make up 75% of Christianity.

According to them, we are all going to hell.. Lol

You shouldnt project your insecurities onto me, I am not the one cursing you people to hell. You dont even know which church I attend Why are you being unnecessarily cantankerous
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexandro15:

Go and sleep and stop displaying your ignorance. You think you can read nonsense and start regurgitating it in public. Apply a little humility and learn

You are the ignorant one here. What did I read? I maintain we should stick with the Bible. I don't read false history or 'father said' and regurgitate. I know the Bible enough to know what the catholic church is all about. Most people don't. Oh my, did I touch a nerve cos you just popped up from nowhere, all along afraid to engage me? Counter anything I've said with the Bible or go on to apply a little humility and learn.

What matters most is your personal salvation. It's not about church, but whatever your church teaches must agree with the Word of God. We will give account before God as individuals not as a church. I've been reading the Bible, King James version to be precise, I've not seen chaplet there neither have I seen who bowed down for Mary. Let's grow up, eternity is eternal!!!
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:00am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

You are busy snarking at me, to what end? Is it what your priest told you to do...?

What do you mean dont bother...

Just explaining a single point of doctrine or dogma to a layman shouldnt rile you this much
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:01am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I sometimes have a dry way of speaking but in this case, I meant no harm. I just find some of Catholic practices very strange and when I ask about it nobody can give a serious answer

Lol i dont have an obsession with Hail Mary, thats what I always hear them repeating and quite frankly i find it disturbing that somebody could just be repeating the same thing every day for hours.. thats why I remember it

But does the priest ever rotate the prayer or write a new one? Or is it just the same one...

no Im not making a mockery. But dont you see the other guy who wants to chew you people up? So how can my own be mockery.. his own is 100 times worse

First and foremost, no one is taking the silent guy or whatever his name is serious.
You can see how we blatantly ignored him. He is not worth our time.

I actually replied you because I sensed a little sincerity of purpose in your question. If not, I would have equally ignored you.
Coming to the Hail Mary.. Every wording of that prayer comes from Bible. Hail thee Mary, Full of grace, the Lord is with you (I'm sure it sounds familiar to you)
It comes from the annunciation down to the wedding at Canaan where Mary was asked to pray to his son to provide wine.

The Holy Rosary has series of devotional prayers attached to it. It is called the mysteries. These prayers are lifted verbatim from the Bible. Yes, From the BIBLE which we are funnily and falsely accused of not using.

It is meant for absolute devotion. In as much as the wordings of the hail Mary are repeated, the mysteries or devotional prayers are never the same. And, we all forget the fact that Jesus taught us how to pray.. We also say the 'Our Father' several times.

Remain blessed...

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 1:01am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexandro15:

My sister, don't bother yourself with him. Talk from today to tomorrow, he's mind is made up. It so quite easier to attack than defend. I can easily write " all pastors are fake" in four seconds and leave you to write an epistle for me which I will still dispute.

So don't waste your precious time with him. Leave him to his ignorance. But this I know, a day will come when penticostals will honor Mary and start naming churches after her. It will surely come
lmao grin grin grin grin
@ your last statement
I hope to be alive to witness it,cuz as it is now ehn.........
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 1:03am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

You are busy snarking at me, to what end? Is it what your priest told you to do...?

What do you mean dont bother...

Just explaining a single point of doctrine or dogma to a layman shouldnt rile you this much

Go and sleep
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:06am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

You shouldnt project your insecurities onto me, I am not the one cursing you people to hell. You dont even know which church I attend Why are you being unnecessarily cantankerous

How can I be insecure in a Church where I have found peace? In a Church with the largest number of humans on earth whom I can call brothers and share my faith in Christ with?

I never accused you personally but it's obvious that every other Christian denomination dislikes and condemns the Catholics.
Hell nah, even the Buddhists and Hindus loves us more than our so called fellow Christians.

Goes a long way to show how Christian the so Ed Christians are. Shalom
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by IAMBlesssed(f): 1:10am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

My sister, if I analyse and tell you why the Catholic church was established, you will be shocked. The mass of people that attend have no idea what it is all about. The twisting of the teachings of the Bible is deliberate to lead many people astray and keep them from truly knowing and following God.

Sit ur ignorant assss down Mr man..What do you think you know??
Just jumping up and down the thread spewing trash..

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:11am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

How can I be insecure in a Church where I have found peace? In a Church with the largest number of humans on earth whom I can call brothers and share my faith in Christ with?

I never accused you personally but it's obvious that every other Christian denomination dislikes and condemns the Catholics.
Hell nah, even the Buddhists and Hindus loves us more than our so called fellow Christians.

Goes a long way to show how Christian the so Ed Christians are. Shalom

So what about it gives you peace? The last time I went there I didnt get anything out of it... in fact the preaching was really something else...I wasnt even sure if the man was still speaking English or latin or what... I had to get up and stand in the lobby

Were you born into it?

To be honest I think its some pentecostal denominations that express disdain for Catholic and orthodox churches. I often hear offensive comments coming from them about not being baptised in the spirit and all that stuff....And they complain that Catholics have too many fetishists
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:
First and foremost, no one is taking the silent guy or whatever his name is serious.
You can see how we blatantly ignored him. He is not worth our time.

I actually replied you because I sensed a little sincerity of purpose in your question. If not, I would have equally ignored you.
Coming to the Hail Mary.. Every wording of that prayer comes from Bible. Hail thee Mary, Full of grace, the Lord is with you (I'm sure it sounds familiar to you)
It comes from the annunciation down to the wedding at Canaan where Mary was asked to pray to his son to provide wine.

The Holy Rosary has series of devotional prayers attached to it. It is called the mysteries. These prayers are lifted verbatim from the Bible. Yes, From the BIBLE which we are funnily and falsely accused of not using.

It is meant for absolute devotion. In as much as the wordings of the hail Mary are repeated, the mysteries or devotional prayers are never the same. And, we all forget the fact that Jesus taught us how to pray.. We also say the 'Our Father' several times.

Remain blessed...

I see... interesting

So what is the necklace/ beads for? The one that looks like Islamic beads??

And why does the number of penances correspond to the greatness of the sin youve committed? Why cant you just say it once for the whole thing
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:20am On Oct 14, 2019
IAMBlesssed:

Sit ur ignorant assss down Mr man..What do you think you know??
Just jumping up and down the thread spewing trash..

"Your ass"

No matter how much I'm provoked, I won't use certain words. Says so much about you and what you're trying to defend.

By the way, I stand by those words. Your annoyance at them (the truth) and cos of your ignorance don't change a thing or my stand or what I know.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:21am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

So what about it gives you peace? The last time I went there I didnt get anything out of it... in fact the preaching was really something else...I wasnt even sure if the man was still speaking English or latin or what... I had to get up and stand in the lobby

Were you born into it?

To be honest I think its some pentecostal denominations that express disdain for Catholic and orthodox churches. I often hear offensive comments coming from them about not being baptised in the spirit and all that stuff....And they complain that Catholics have too many fetishists

First of all, your first paragraph reeks of what I earlier quoted that I wanted to avoid.
Peace is RELATIVE. The way you felt uncomfortable in my Church is the way I felt uncomfortable in a Pentecostal church I once attended. I found it too noisy and lacking of decorum required of a place of worship.
The Anglican Church was a bit better because of its semblance to the Catholic serenity but at a point, it went the pentecostal route and I left.

Like a guy stated earlier there while quoting you... Find what gives you peace and follow it. If it disgusts you, you shouldn't bother.

As for your last paragraph, I'm glad you have noticed too. I hope you don't join them. Whatever reason they give you is false and I implore you not to join the bandwagon.
For one, the accusation of being fetish that you just mentioned here is too laughable.
I can't even begin to imagine how stupid whoever told you that sounded.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
the hail Mary is a prayer,the rev.fr could give you any prayer,sometimes use psalm to pray......it varies.
Like the other guy said,if you want further clarifications,please go to a Catholic church near you.

P.s the hail Mary as a prayer also comes from the Bible

I see.

Well I told him before he started trying to slice me into abacha, I have been to several Catholic catechisms and I can never get the gist of it.

So i took the opportunity to ask you people because when I go there again now it will be the same thing.

You are sitting in the church, they will start reciting one prayer, standing, kneeling, sitting in a particular order which I wont know.

They will start singing... the words of the song will not be displayed anywhere for me to read but they will just be singing it...can you see how it would be difficult for an outsider to understand you people?

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Goodnight jare. May God open your eyes,
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by IAMBlesssed(f): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

"Your ass"

No matter how much I'm provoked, I won't use certain words. Says so much about you and what you're trying to defend.

By the way, I stand by those words. Your annoyance at them (the truth) and cos of your ignorance don't change a thing or my stand or what I know.

You are too proud,arrogant, uncouth and ignorant to be a born again..

And yes...humans sit with their asses..
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:28am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
the hail Mary is a prayer,the rev.fr could give you any prayer,sometimes use psalm to pray......it varies.
Like the other guy said,if you want further clarifications,please go to a Catholic church near you.

P.s the hail Mary as a prayer also comes from the Bible

Show me the bolded in the Bible. Not what your 'father' told you or the false history they taught you to believe the many unbiblical rituals of the catholic church.

A rev father gives you prayer? A mortal man, possibly a sinner and not born again himself.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:31am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Show me the bolded in the Bible. Not what your 'father' told you or the false history they taught you to believe the many unbiblical rituals of the catholic church.

A rev father gives you prayer? A mortal man, possibly a sinner and not born again himself.

Shut up and stop displaying your ignorance. You talk too much about the Bible yet you don't know where 'Hail Mary' was said in the Bible.
With all the Christmases you have celebrated in your life, 'Hail Mary' doesn't sound familiar to you? It's a shame
Are you daft? Or you are intentionally exhibiting this ignorance.

It's in the Bible and I won't tell you where. Go and read your Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:32am On Oct 14, 2019
IAMBlesssed:

You are too proud,arrogant, uncouth and ignorant to be a born again..

And yes...humans sit with their asses..

Proud cos I told you the truth? Hehehehe. Proud and not used words like 'clown', 'ass' 'arrogant' like you and your fellow catholics have used here cos you can't stand the truth I dish out?

Lol. Humans sit with their assess. Rather than admit and seek forgiveness from God, you're trying to twist and justify again. Sounds familiar? Typical.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:33am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

First of all, your first paragraph reeks of what I earlier quoted that I wanted to avoid.
Peace is RELATIVE. The way you felt uncomfortable in my Church is the way I felt uncomfortable in a Pentecostal church I once attended. I found it too noisy and lacking of decorum required a place of worship.
The Anglican Church was a bit better because of its semblance to the Catholic serenity but at a point, it went the pentecostal route and I left.

Like a guy stated earlier there while quoting you... Find what gives you peace and follow it. If it disgusts you, you shouldn't bother.

As for your last paragraph, I'm glad you have noticed too. I hope you don't join them. Whatever reason they give you is false and I implore you not to join the bandwagon.
For one, the accusation of being fetish that you just mentioned here is too laughable.
I can't even begin to imagine how stupid whoever told you that sounded.

Oh, excuse me. Thats just what happened to me when I went there. I really couldnt get what the priest was saying...it was a bit too remote for my liking.

I should have separated my question; I didnt mean to imply that you couldnt possibly find it peaceful just because I didnt.. It was just the sequence of my thoughts as I was writing

As I said, you dont know which church I attend... I dont feel at home in pentecostal churches either because of the reasons you describe... the theatrics of it is a bit too much for me even though I understand why its necessary for some people. And i think the use of tongues and gifts of the spirit can be abused at times

Yeah I notice those offensive comments and I dislike them. But at the same time, its probably some backlash for people calling Pentecostals "quacks", "corrupt" and other names. So it can be tit for tat

Well it was a conversation between a group of pentecostals I was in the same room with. They said that all the yahoo, yahoo plus, g-men and all those are usually staunch Catholics and thats why you guys have such ornate and beautiful chapels, because criminals dedicate them from the proceeds of their fetish practices.

Its a terrible thing for somebody to say but it did make me wonder...
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 1:35am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

Shut up and stop displaying your ignorance. You talk too much about the Bible yet you don't know where 'Hail Mary' was said in the Bible.
With all the Christmases you have celebrated in your life, 'Hail Mary' doesn't sound familiar to you? It's a shame
Are you daft? Or you are intentionally exhibiting this ignorance.

It's in the Bible and I won't tell you where. Go and read your Bible.

SHOW ME. Simple. I'm laughing so hard here. So, you're just realising it's not in the Bible? Lol. You people don't read the Bible nah (just catechism). If you do, you'll find out so many of the rituals of the catholic church are unbiblical.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:42am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

Oh, excuse me. Thats just what happened to me when I went there. I really couldnt get what the priest was saying...it was a bit too remote for my liking

As I said, you dont know which church I attend... I dont feel at home in pentecostal churches either because of the reasons you describe... the theatrics of it is a bit too much for me even though I understand why its necessary for some people. And i think the use of tongues and gifts of the spirit can be abused at times

Yeah I notice those offensive comments and I dislike them. But at the same time, its probably some backlash for people calling Pentecostals "quacks", "corrupt" and other names. So it can be tit for tat

Well it was a conversation between a group of pentecostals I was in the same room with. They said that all the yahoo, yahoo plus, g-men and all those are usually staunch Catholics and thats why you guys have such ornate and beautiful chapels, because criminals dedicate them from the proceeds of their fetish practices.

Its a terrible thing for anybody to say but it did make me wonder

The second to the last paragraph of your text sounds like a beer parlor gist amongst a group of uninformed friends and I'm glad you aren't part of them.
Now look at that text again, try to recount how they sold that narrative to you. Does it make sense? I bet you NO.

Sometimes, when narratives are sold to you/us, it is left for you to discern whether it makes sense or not. Sometimes, it might just be people blabbing because of dislike.

You can read up on the Catholic non tolerance of witches in the 15th century and you will be amazed on why someone should ever label the Catholic Church fetish. I find it laughable and funny... Lol and you should too.

For your first paragraph, about not understanding the Catholic mass. You are not expected to.
You can only understand the mass if you are educated and taken through the significance of everything that happens in the mass. Especially during the Eucharist.

And forgive us, we use Latin too sometimes. It's the Catholic lingua.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Emyben(m): 1:47am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

SHOW ME. Simple. I'm laughing so hard here. So, you're just realising it's not in the Bible? Lol. You people don't read the Bible nah (just catechism). If you do, you'll find out so many of the rituals of the catholic church are unbiblical.

Should I expose your ignorance?
You are not a Christian, you don't even know the Bible and its a shame.

Go and read Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:41-42

Join it together and tell us what you get.

When you are done reading that, you can tell us.. We will give you more since obviously your head is empty at the moment. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 1:49am On Oct 14, 2019
midnighter:

I see.

Well I told him before he started trying to slice me into abacha, I have been to several Catholic catechisms and I can never get the gist of it.

So i took the opportunity to ask you people because when I go there again now it will be the same thing.

You are sitting in the church, they will start reciting one prayer, standing, kneeling, sitting in a particular order which I wont know.

They will start singing... the words of the song will not be displayed anywhere for me to read but they will just be singing it...can you see how it would be difficult for an outsider to understand you people?
yeah.i admit it's quite difficult for an outsider to understand the teachings and doctrines of Catholic church.the Catholic church has order and rites to follow which you won't understand as an outsider.the Catholic church is not as random and disorganized as some other churches.if you really want to understand the Catholic church,you'll have to go for catechism classes to understand at least most of the doctrines.youll have to have an open heart for you to understand,because let's be honest if you've vowed not to understand something you will never understand it.if you come for cathechism classes you'll understand why most things are being done in a specific way in the Catholic church,and you will appreciate the beauty of the Catholic church.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 1:53am On Oct 14, 2019
Emyben:

The second to the last paragraph of your text sounds like a beer parlor gist amongst a group of uninformed friends and I'm glad you aren't part of them.
Now look at that text again, try to recount how they sold that narrative to you. Does it make sense? I bet you NO.

Sometimes, when narratives are sold to you/us, it is left for you to discern whether it makes sense or not. Sometimes, it might just be people blabbing because of dislike.

You can read up on the Catholic non tolerance of witches in the 15th century and you will be amazed on why someone should ever label the Catholic Church fetish. I find it laughable and funny... Lol and you should too.

For your first paragraph, about not understanding the Catholic mass. You are not expected to.
You can only understand the mass if you are educated and taken through the significance of everything that happens in the mass. Especially during the Eucharist.

And forgive us, we use Latin too sometimes. It's the Catholic lingua.

Lol,, thats exactly what it was like. They were a really ignorant bunch of people but I had to work with them on something

Well its not the church that they said was fetish, it was a few members. so they were just suggesting that the priests dont care if their offerings come via dubious means. That isnt really too hard to believe considering the state of the country right now

Well that witch thing was pretty harmful... i should think quite a lot of innocent people died the same way innocent kids are dying nowadays because of the pentecostal obsession with witchcraft...it doesnt really preclude fetishistic involvement

I dont particularly believe it, but i wouldnt be surprised if it were true. Then again there is a problem with African mentality that associates any kind of success with having a sinister source. Along with plain old jealousy

Oh lol thanks. I get why i didnt understand it now... i thought maybe i was imagining it the way it incensed you hahaha
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by studentofTruth: 1:54am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

These are grand deceits they dish out to justify demon worship. They would also say 'oh you need to honour the mother of your Lord' when even Jesus shunned his own mum at a point. Lol. Justify your practice by Bible commands, not looking for things in everyday life to glibly explain it away. Read the Bible yourself, not what 'father' tells you.

John 19: 26-27

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.