Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child (53324 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Mutemenot:
His mission accomplished!!

I dedicate this FTC to all reverend Fathers out there, don't give up, the wants of a man can never be accomplished. May God almighty continue to protect you in the missionary journey
Where is it mandated or upheld in the scriptures that priests must not marry? What sort of spiritual and physical bondage is that?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SURElee(f): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
ctleurocollege:

You read it again. Paul never married and wished people can be like him

That was his own decision not to marry. And he wished. Na him wish be that. The same Paul said instead of burning marry if you can't hold yourself.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
SURElee:

I have never agreed it with. Why confine them to celibacy on paper when dem dey lash nuns and molest young boys?

Thank you for explaining. I have always questioned this.

I am reading up on it now... the defence is that its because they are supposed to be "married to the church" and concentrate on leading the church and not sex...

But they are thinking of changing it because it's scaring men away from the priesthood.

I hope they change it and combat that paedophilia stuff because its one thing that makes me feel somehow worshipping there

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by mechanics(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thank God for his life.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
philos:
Catholic priesthood is not for everyone. It is for the strong-willed. It involves huge sacrifices. The reward extremely outweighs the sacrifices.
The former priest wasn't strong enough to swim against the current of the lust of the flesh and the world. He could not witness to Christ and the celibacy that Christ stood for and recommended for those who would willingly share in His chaste and Priestly ministry.
Mr. Edet has achieved what he wanted. There's more to that than meets the eye. The ultimate destination is Heaven, for those who truly believe.
I wish him well.

Chai! Lust of the flesh? For his entire life? chaste and what

Mehn, Catholics are really something. And your churches look so interesting but I dont get the logic that you people use to understand things

How would a fully functioning adult male be expected to remain chaste for his entire natural life for the sake of Jesus, Jesus didnt ask any of us to do that

And whilst we're here can you please explain the significance of those tiny candles and statues because I could never get what the whole thing was about
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by donprinyo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
Cool bro. Lets learn from him. Whenever a load is too much for u, just speak up and take action immediately. Apply dis in any relationship, u will live longer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by seoxpert(m): 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
You did well Ex-Priest. Going by reports coming out from the Catholic priesthood about Priests who have conceived sons that they can't openly be a father to, I think this is the right spirit towards purging the Church as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by bonnyhope: 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
TwoBottles:
cool

Show me a man who would deny himself the sweetness of a Virgina and I'd show you a fool.

Toto sweet joor!

You don spoil....
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Cousin9999: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
kitaatita:

Let us compare the number of priests who left the Catholic Church with number of pastors who moved from one denomination to another

What I meant is that there's a shortage.

Worldwide, the number of priests in 1970 was 419,728. In 2012, there were a total of 414,313 priests. While the total number of priests worldwide has therefore remained about the same since 1970, the Catholic population has nearly doubled, growing from 653.6 million in 1970 to 1.229 billion in 2012.

"When I was ordained, I was the fourth associate pastor at my church," recalled Ivory, 80, who lives in a retirement home in Caldwell. "There's no such thing anymore."

His story is increasingly familiar as the Catholic Church is facing a worsening shortage of priests, and the aging of those who remain.

Over the past half century, the number of priests across the U.S. has dropped by about 38 percent — from nearly 60,000 diocesan and religious order priests in 1970 to 37,192 in 2016, according to the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.

The archdioceses of Newark and New York have about half the number of diocesan priests than they did during the heyday of the 1960s and 1970s.

"There's been a net decline in priests every year because more pass away, and there are more that leave than enter or get ordained," observed Mark Gray, a research associate at CARA. "We've also had a graying of the priesthood. The average priest is 67 years old."
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by JB4life: 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
May God have mercy on us all to remain faithful to our chosen vocation and courses in life. If you chose to marry, remain faithful to your spouse.
If you chose to be a celibate religious, be faithful too.
It's awkward to profess VOLUNTARY acceptance and entry into a Vocation or course of life and quit midway

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:
Lol ride on sir...dont know why they force the priest to choose...totally unfair
hon.im a Catholic.being a priest is not by force.if u feel u can be a priest,then u go right ahead.even in the seminary(that is their years of training,they have the choice to leave if they feel like).one of the reason why Catholic priest dont marry is because if the fact that having a family can be quite distracting.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:

Chai! Lust of the flesh? For his entire life? chaste and what

Mehn, Catholics are really something. And your churches look so interesting but I dont get the logic that you people use to understand things

How would a fully functioning adult male be expected to remain chaste for his entire natural life for the sake of Jesus, Jesus didnt ask any of us to do that

And whilst we're here can you please explain the significance of those tiny candles and statues because I could never get what the whole thing was about
as for the candles and statues part they are just simply symbolization.the candles signify the presence of the holy spirit present while the statues remind us of who they actually represent i.e the statue of Jesus reminds us of Jesus

Just the same way a picture of your mum will remind you of her

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
hon.im a Catholic.being a priest is not by force.if u feel u can be a priest,then u go right ahead.even in the seminary(that is their years of training,they have the choice to leave if they feel like).one of the reason why Catholic priest dont marry is because if the fact that having a family can be quite distracting.

Okay, thanks for your comment but dont you think its unfair to make the man choose between serving in his role and having his own family?

If you feel that you have been called by God and that its your dream and destiny to be something then it would be hard to ignore or make that choice
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
as for the candles and statues part they are just simply symbolization.the candles signify the presence of the holy spirit present while the statues remind us of who they actually represent i.e the statue of Jesus reminds us of Jesus

Okay i understand it now, thanks
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:

Okay, thanks for your comment but dont you think its unfair to make the man choose between serving in his role and having his own family?

If you feel that you have been called by God and that its your dream and destiny to be something then it would be hard to ignore or make that choice
you don't necessarily have to be a priest before you serve God.you can serve God even when married,you can preach the gospel and be a missionary even when married.infact,the Catholic doctrine makes us belive that we are all priests by virtue of our baptism,spreading the word of God and just influencing people positively around you.the only difference is that these priests are ordained and only they have the right to celebrate mass while we religious do not celebrate mass.in summary what I'm just saying is that you can serve God even without being a priest.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
So many false teachings by the catholic church and this is just one of them. So, so many. And lots of gullible people have been led astray, leading watered-down Christianity. Christianity of convenience.

Their members don't ask them questions for the basis of some of the beliefs in the Bible. When they do, they twist Bible passages to them to convince or tell them it's the only church established by Jesus. Lol (Another false teaching). In fact, their members don't read or know the Bible, Their so-called fathers (another false teaching) have stylishly replaced the Bible with Cathechism and mass of incense (another false teaching). What about the name, 'the Queen of Heaven,' a demon they deceive them to think is Mary?
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:

Okay i understand it now, thanks
anytime
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:

These are grand deceits they dish out to justify demon worship. They would also say 'oh you need to honour the mother of your Lord' when even Jesus shunned his own mum at a point. Lol. Justify your practice by Bible commands, not looking for things in everyday life to glibly explain it away. Read the Bible yourself, not what 'father' tells you.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
SilentRiddles:
So many false teachings by the catholic church and this is just one of them. So, so many. And lots of gullible people have been led astray, leading watered-down Christianity. Christianity of convenience.

Their members don't ask them questions for the basis of some of the beliefs in the Bible. When they do, they twist Bible passages to them to convince or tell them it's the only church established by Jesus. Lol (Another false teaching). In fact, their members don't read or know the Bible, Their so-called fathers (another false teaching) have stylishly replaced the Bible with Cathechism and mass of incense (another false teaching). What about the name, 'the Queen of Heaven,' a demon they deceive them to think is Mary?
there are a hundred and one things I have to say to u,but the main one I gave to say is that before you call a teaching false,please be sure to have researched deeply into it and ask questions when in doubt

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
you don't necessarily have to be a priest before you serve God.you can serve God even when married,you can preach the gospel and be a missionary even when married.infact,the Catholic doctrine makes us belive that we are all priests by virtue of our baptism,spreading the word of God and just influencing people positively around you.the only difference is that these priests are ordained and only they have the right to celebrate mass while we religious do not celebrate mass.in summary what I'm just saying is that you can serve God even without being a priest.

Of course I know all those things, but i mean if one decides it is his vocation in life to be a reverend father, its unfair to then make him abandon the idea of having a family to call his own

If somebody feels he is supposed to do something it should not be at the cost of something so important as your wife and kids
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
there are a hundred and one things I have to say to u,but the main one I gave to say is that before you call a teaching false,please be sure to have researched deeply into it and ask questions when in doubt

Keep your research to the Bible so as not to be deceived. Your 'fathers' go outside the Bible and look for anything to confuse you and justify what is not in the Bible. Keep to the Bible. Read it yourself. Every answer is in the Bible. The word of God is perfect.
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:

Of course I know all those things, but i mean if one decides it is his vocation in life to be a reverend father, its unfair to then make him abandon the idea of having a family to call his own

If somebody feels he is supposed to do something it should not be at the cost of something so important as your wife and kids

You cannot decide not to marry. Celibacy was a gift to Paul. God commands everyone to marry, and not to 'burn' with lust while forcing yourself to stay celibate. I can quote Bible passages to back them up for you. Don't go outside the Bible. Stick to the Bible. They go outside the Bible to try to justify idolatry and so-called 'fatherhood' or 'priesthood.'
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
SilentRiddles:

These are grand deceits they dish out to justify demon worship.

Demon worship.lmao grin grin.do tell me the demon Catholics worship.
They would also say 'oh you need to honour the mother of your Lord' when even Jesus shunned his own mum at a point.

There is a clear difference between honour and worship.we acknoledge her as the mother of jesus and we do not worship her.we ask her to intercede to Jesus for us.and as for the part where you claimed that Jesus shunned his mother,he was only trying to make a point,not shun her.jesus as a human had respect for his mother.

Lol. Justify your practice by Bible commands, not looking for things in everyday life to glibly explain it away. Read the Bible yourself, not what 'father' tells you.
funny enough that our traditions are actually gotten from the Bible

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by midnighter(f): 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
SilentRiddles:

You cannot decide not to marry. Celibacy was a gift to Paul. God commands everyone to marry, and not to 'burn' with lust while forcing yourself to stay celibate. I can quote Bible passages to back them up for you. Don't go outside the Bible. Stick to the Bible. They go outside the Bible to try to justify idolatry and so-called 'fatherhood' or 'priesthood.'

I know but im just trying to understand why they think its good...they are still the biggest religion on the planet upon all the things that the Catholic church has caused

At least there must be something keeping all of them there

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Keep your research to the Bible so as not to be deceived. Your 'fathers' go outside the Bible and look for anything to confuse you and justify what is not in the Bible. Keep to the Bible. Read it yourself. Every answer is in the Bible. The word of God is perfect.
yep.you said it all.tge answer is in the Bible which we use
Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by LZAA: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Cousin9999:
They're probably going to allow priests to marry soon, so he can resume that.

They're losing priests because of that, so they changed their view.
The catholic church is not losing priests instead it's gaining more
Nobody forces you to become a priest and the church will never change to please the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
funny enough that our traditions are actually gotten from the Bible

No, they aren't. Where do you want to start? Is it the worship of Mary or saints? The statues of idolatry? Where did Jesus mention that people should become priests and not marry? Do you preach being born again, the core message of Jesus? The catholic church making new rules for their members, and challenging the authority of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
LZAA:

The catholic church is not losing priests instead it's gaining more
Nobody forces you to become a priest and the church will never change to please the world

The catholic church is not the Bible or Jesus. It cannot make new laws, different from Jesus or the Bible. Don't follow church. Follow the Bible. Read the Bible yourself, not what they tell you.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by Alexaonfleek: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
midnighter:

being a rev.father has its pros and cons.men who decide to be rev.fathers know fully well that they will not have wives or children.
Usually the priest sees the church members as his family or the closest thing he has to a family.

That's why before and during the years of formation the rev.fr has a lot of time to think it over and over.

It's just how it is,just the way you sometimes forfeit one thing in other to achieve another thing in life.i could give you practical examples but we're in a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by SilentRiddles: 12:01am On Oct 14, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
yep.you said it all.tge answer is in the Bible which we use

Hahahaha. You don't use the Bible. Someone once invited me to a church dedication in a catholic church. I couldn't believe I was in church. Incense everywhere, people reciting some lines and catechism booksetc. No Bible reading. And service was 10 or 15 minutes. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:01am On Oct 14, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

He made a right decision which is worthy of emulation. He was true and honest with his sense and preeq, and now he's more righteous than those who derided him when he chose to be different.

He has great striking ability which might not have seen the light of the day, if he did not make his move.

Now, while some of his former counterparts keep using vaseline on his wife's pictures, he has nothing to worry about because he's the real owner of the goal post, and he can choose to have another goal whenever he pleases.

I wish him and his family more fruitful years.

Shut up and stop blabbing. Did anybody force him to be a priest. The man is only calling curses upon himself and his unborn generation. Once a priest always a priest till death. It's a vow unto God, which he freely took. There's no turning back. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child by allthingsgood: 12:02am On Oct 14, 2019
SilentRiddles:

Hahahaha. You don't use the Bible. Someone once invited me to a church dedication in a catholic church. I couldn't believe I was in church. Incense everywhere, people reciting some lines and catechism booksetc. No Bible reading. And service was 10 or 15 minutes. Lol.

Ignorance. Face ur coza then

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.