Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329338 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
ananne:

When did you write the test?

November 7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by johnnybravo1990: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
jenifero:
kindly help me with suitable NOC for this job description . seniors pls help
@ladymarshall @johnnybravo1990
Services rendered include:
Liaison on with State Secretariat Nationwide.
Remobilization and review of remobilization of corps members
Processing of medical refund/medical related issues of corps members
Burial of corps members.
Processing of corps members group Life Insurance premium
Security and welfare of corps members
Inspection of corps members
Discipline of corps members
Draw up and implement the selection process of Presidents. NYSC Honours Award Ceremony
Enquiries to trace reason for dissatisfaction of services
Enquiries to trace whereabouts of corps members.
Collation of data of Ex- corps members.
Over to the the house. Please guys, help my sister out. There are some things I’m good at. Unfortunately, matching NOCs is not one of them. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mayorsmart02(m): 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
Poeple of God! Kindly help a junior on the race...

My wife's International passport has her father's name, but we have done a public change in name. And we have our marriage certificate too.

My question: must we change the name on her International passport to mine or what ?. I am, a little bit, confused?

Help treat my question , please!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dkberen: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mayorsmart02:
Poeple of God! Kindly help a junior on the race...

My wife's International passport has her father's name, but we have done a public change in name. And we have our marriage certificate too.

My question: must we change the name on her International passport to mine or what ?. I am, a little bit, confused?

Help treat my question , please!
If you don't plan to change the name on the passport, you are good to go. But do know that the name on her passport would be the name on her application, IELTS. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DukeOfCalgary: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
Well I guess its time to share my own Ielts Story.
We got married this January and 2 months later I heard about Express entry. I asked myself why I didn't hear this before my wedding so I will jejely not spend all my money in the wedding. lol

My friend who told me about this journey is already in Canada, so he gave me this Nairaland link and I joined in Page 74 of Chapter 7.
We registered for our first Ielts in May 11 and got;
WIFY (PA) LRWS- 9, 6.5, 6.5, 8 (MOD)
ME- LRWS- 7.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7 (MOD)(12/20 scoreas accompany spouse)

My wife cried her self out. I was not surprised because I could not concentrate on the exam hall. Knowing she was PA didn't help in anyway because she must max plus the pressure I put her through. I was constantly looking back in the exam hall to see how she was faring and I got distracted.

She booked another exam for 17 August. I was patiently waiting for her outside the exam hall and when she came out, she didn't have enough smiles on her face but told me she did well in Listening and maybe reading. That in the Writing she wrote about Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. I was in awe. In my mind I was praying she max oo because getting another 68k is hard oo. While all this was going on, WES and Yabatech was dealing with us. I decided I will not evaluate my own degree (WRONGEST OPTION) cry since with hers, we will be on 459 if she can max and I rewrite. August 30 came, and guess what....Wify gave me gave me a huge surprise. LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7 (MOD). She was sad that she couldn't mas Speaking of all test. I was the most excited man and 17day late, ECA arrived. We dived into the pool with 456 and boom, CRS skyrocketed. I didn't have a choice than to register for CBT so i can get the remaining 8 points I missed. Result came out 6 days later and I could not believe it. LRWS 6.5 6.5, 6.5, 7 (BC). I said to myself, Nna you don try, this Canada is not for you. A friend of my in this journey advised I start my ECA but I was adamant. When the draw of FST Draw came, I knew next draw will be marvelous, I decided to write ielts one more time and started my ECA(My school is yet to send transcript for over a month now.). I wrote Nov 7 and did the test the next day. The examiner wanted us to argue by all means. She was just mean. I said to myself, sha give me 7 in Speaking else I will wait for you outside grin grin and this morning, I was just having nightmare about my result. I cried in the dream till I woke up. I tried checking the result but nothing was coming up. Eventually, it came up. (MOD) LRWS- 8, 7, 6.5, 7 (18/20). In total, I spent N352k on IELTS.
We are gallantly on 462. Its not much but I am glad we could pass 460 mark and please someone should tell IRCC to open their site so I can update my score biko. It hasn't been up since this morning.
I am praying this draw score comes down atleast this year. So whatever legal you can do to add to your score, kindly do.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hi everyone, here to share my IELTS Testimony. I got my result this morning.

L - 8.5
R - 9
W - 7.5
S - 8.5
Band 8.5

For reading and listening, I made use of Cambridge, Kaplan and Baron study materials. I also recommend IELTS Jay (E2 learning) on YouTube especially for reading.

Thanks to everyone who posted tips to ace the exam, it was really helpful. I wish everyone success on this journey. I would be back to testify on progress on this journey.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mitch2002: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good afternoon house,

Please I need help, I'm trying to create express entry profile but the site is not coming up. I don't know if the issue is with my browser or if it is with IRCC site. I have my personal reference no and GCKey login details but I can't proceed further.

kindly help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
mitch2002:
Good afternoon house,

Please I need help, I'm trying to create express entry profile but the site is not coming up. I don't know if the issue is with my browser or if it is with IRCC site. I have my personal reference no and GCKey login details but I can't proceed further.

kindly help!

I think there’s a maintenance on the site, a couple of people have complained about being able to log in. So just hold on a bit!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mayorsmart02(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for your opinion/advice. But, won't using her father's name on our application reduce our chances of PR?
We have news paper publication plus marriage cert. which we want to use as evidence that she's married to me.

Won't that contradict the name on her passport?

I want more clarification, please?

Dkberen:

If you don't plan to change the name on the passport, you are good to go. But do know that the name on her passport would be the name on her application, IELTS. I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
Congratulations sis. Your result is just beautiful and to think this is even your first attempt. Thank God the timing worked. I remember at first, you struggled to finish task 2 in 40mins, sometimes you almost felt like crying and i will tell you not to beat yourself up as i know you will get better as we progressed. See you today scoring 7.5 in writing while finishing in 30mins. Isn't that awesome. Am happy to be a part of your success story. At 480+, just sit and sip your wine while you patiently wait for your evaluation to be complete after which you will just stroll into the pool and stroll out with your ITA, not jumping this time.

ThowLou:

L - 8.5
R - 9
W - 7.5
S - 8.5
Band 8.5

For reading and listening, I made use of Cambridge, Kaplan and Baron study materials. I also recommend IELTS Jay (E2 learning) on YouTube especially for reading.

For speaking, Johnny Bravo coached me the day before the exam and that was it. He simulated a real test scenario over a WhatsApp call and that was it.

For writing, I am really thankful to @johnnybravo and @blissnenye. They both coached me and were very patient with me. They were on the phone with me at 10pm, 11pm for weeks. BlissNenye coached me to write within the required time frame - 40mins was 40mins with her, no extra time. I didn’t finish some essays but I improved with time. Johnny Bravo would correct every single line of your work even the errors you expect would be overlooked. They were quite strict but I loved that they were thorough and when I didn’t get it, they would make sure I did before they moved to another type of essay. On the exam day, I finished my writing 1 and 2 in 30mins, no jokes! I had written a whole lot of essays so the essay question didn’t come as a surprise. I simply followed the writing style I was taught and was very confident that I would do well in writing, which I did.

My advise to anyone writing IELTS is to factor in the cost of coaching especially if you want to get it over with once and for all. It’s better to do this than rewrite the exam or applying for a remark. Contact JohnnyBravo or BlissNenye and you would be glad you did.

Thanks to everyone who posted tips to ace the exam, it was really helpful. I wish everyone success on this journey. I would be back to testify on progress on this journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dkberen: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mayorsmart02:

Whether you are backing up with evidence of marriage, the name on the passport should be in your application even IELTS as I said earlier and ultimately PR . If you are the PA, while she maintains her maiden name, your evidence of marriage can suffice to show you both are married. Many here on Nairaland used their maiden name on their passport to apply, they have gotten their PR and landed in Canada. You can do more research with keywords like maiden name on passport and make your final decision. Others can weigh in too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
LecturerIFE:
It's PPR 2.0!!!

PPR 1.0 here

November 19 - PPR 2.0.

It has ended in praise.
Congratulations once more bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Big congrats to the IELTS Clinchers. To those that didnt make it this time, dont give up!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ananne: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
The results for those who wrote CBT on the 1rth November isn't out. It's 6 days today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibromoney: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
I am so happy for you. Congrats. May the Almighty God put blessings in it. Please give me the contact of Johnny and Nenye. This is the result that I am also looking for. I also need the Cambridge materials and other necessary kinds of stuff. I will send you a request soon.
ThowLou:

L - 8.5
R - 9
W - 7.5
S - 8.5
Band 8.5

For speaking, Johnny Bravo coached me the day before the exam and that was it. He simulated a real test scenario over a WhatsApp call and that was it.

For writing, I am really thankful to @johnnybravo and @blissnenye. They both coached me and were very patient with me. They were on the phone with me at 10pm, 11pm for weeks. BlissNenye coached me to write within the required time frame - 40mins was 40mins with her, no extra time. I didn’t finish some essays but I improved with time. Johnny Bravo would correct every single line of your work even the errors you expect would be overlooked. They were quite strict but I loved that they were thorough and when I didn’t get it, they would make sure I did before they moved to another type of essay. On the exam day, I finished my writing 1 and 2 in 30mins, no jokes! I had written a whole lot of essays so the essay question didn’t come as a surprise. I simply followed the writing style I was taught and was very confident that I would do well in writing, which I did.

My advise to anyone writing IELTS is to factor in the cost of coaching especially if you want to get it over with once and for all. It’s better to do this than rewrite the exam or applying for a remark. Contact JohnnyBravo or BlissNenye and you would be glad you did.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hardycross: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Congratulations to all who recently passed the IELTS exam, I can relate with that feeling of freedom. I pray for a smooth run as we progress on this journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MINTss: 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good day, please does anyone know if it’s possible to pick up my spouse’s IELTS certificate at BC, and if so please what do I need. I would appreciate the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolfa(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
Yes you can.Your spouse will write a letter of authorisation to pick up the certificate on his/her behalf stating your full name and ID you will be presenting at their office. Also, you will go with a copy of your spouse ID.
MINTss:
Good day, please does anyone know if it’s possible to pick up my spouse’s IELTS certificate at BC, and if so please what do I need. I would appreciate the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hardycross: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
MINTss:
I know it will be possible with BC as I did for mine with MOD. I went with a signed letter of authorization (typed) and her passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
MINTss:

Yes, very possible - let him/her write an authorization letter and go with a copy of their government ID. You can search the BC website for further information!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbaby09: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hey Fam, please I’m a little worried. I provided biometrics over 2months now.. the enrollment number shows in my profile. But the part for biometrics hasn’t changed to “received” is it fine that way ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Heartduchess: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please house i need help urgently. About 2 months back i was asked to provide ADR and there were 2 placeholders. I did the first, however i was unable to upload the documents in the 2nd placeholder because it was not visible. So i raised a CSE uploading all the required documents. Few days later the CSE was acknowledged and after a while i noticed a ghost update on my profile. Today when i logged into the application, i saw that the placeholder is now available and is showing replacement overdue and giving me the option to upload a document - i dont know if i will be able to attach and save it tho. I guess the maintainance done yesterday triggered this. Please do i go ahead and upload the documents? Would it not appear like i breached the time specified? Please assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gshun: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
maybe you should mail VFS, i think this changes in like 2hrs. there is nothing wrong in mailing them to confirm
Jbaby09:
Hey Fam, please I’m a little worried. I provided biometrics over 2months now.. the enrollment number shows in my profile. But the part for biometrics hasn’t changed to “received” is it fine that way ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MINTss: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
Pwinkle1:

Yes, very possible - let him/her write an authorization letter and go with a copy of their government ID. You can search the BC website for further information!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MINTss: 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
hardycross:
I know it will be possible with BC as I did for mine with MOD. I went with a signed letter of authorization (typed) and her passport.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MINTss: 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
tolfa:
Yes you can.Your spouse will write a letter of authorisation to pick up the certificate on his/her behalf stating your full name and ID you will be presenting at their office. Also, you will go with a copy of your spouse ID.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tolfa(m): 4:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
I will suggest that you upload the documents again.it will cost you nothing and just to play safe too.
Heartduchess:
Please house i need help urgently. About 2 months back i was asked to provide ADR and there were 2 placeholders. I did the first, however i was unable to upload the documents in the 2nd placeholder because it was not visible. I guess the maintainance done yesterday triggered this. Please do i go ahead and upload the documents? Would it not appear like i breached the time specified? Please assist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mayorsmart02(m): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
I really appreciate your detailed explanations. My wife is the PA though. But if it doesn't matter, I may leave her father's name to be on our application.

Dkberen:

Whether you are backing up with evidence of marriage, the name on the passport should be in your application even IELTS as I said earlier and ultimately PR . If you are the PA, while she maintains her maiden name, your evidence of marriage can suffice to show you both are married. Many here on Nairaland used their maiden name on their passport to apply, they have gotten their PR and landed in Canada. You can do more research with keywords like maiden name on passport and make your final decision. Others can weigh in too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crispviv: 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

I must confess, this page has been so helpful. I have been a silent follower of this page and would like to make some clarifications. My sister applied for EE. she has two years experience and used one year NYSC experience in my family's company to make her work experience three years. However, she did not state that it was NYSC and she did not even do the NYSC in our family's company. She just used this to make up for her three years experience.

Is this a problem? Like would they know that she did not do NYSC in the company?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slimmsyyetty: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please, how long does it take ielts BC to give you updates on ur test location after notifying them of your payment (with proof)? Someone is writing a test on the 23rd of this weekend and is yet to get any update on test locations for speaking and writing, although, payment was made yesterday morning and a notification of payment with evidence was also sent to BC that same morning. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by canadaman18: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
crispviv:
Hi Guys,

I must confess, this page has been so helpful. I have been a silent follower of this page and would like to make some clarifications. My sister applied for EE. she has two years experience and used one year NYSC experience in my family's company to make her work experience three years. However, she did not state that it was NYSC and she did not even do the NYSC in our family's company. She just used this to make up for her three years experience.

Is this a problem? Like would they know that she did not do NYSC in the company? We plan to give her a reference letter to support this experience. Has anyone been in this situation?

This sounds , smells , feels and looks like misrepresentation.

She better drop the 1year before she gets what she deserves .

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jelmusboy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hello my people, does anyone have IRCC call centre number to call from outside Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.