Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332612 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aremso(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ibukune:
Pls how do i register for my IELTS exams, i want to use the IDP. How do i go about it and I know BC has an office in PH, I dont know if IDP does too

Please what is the difference as am based in PH and intend to write mine come this coming February by His grace
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 9:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
allabs:

I read somewhere that you can raise a "CSE" form or something, i do not know what that is yet.
I also read that it is a minor error that can be overlooked since your International Passport and your other documents have the correct name.

I saw first names but didn't add my middle name on purpose. I wasn't aware that I won't be able to edit it later if there was no option to include a middle name.

As you have advised, I also felt it shouldn't be a problem until I saw someone panicking about it and thought I ask. Does anyone have another opinion?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
Julius10:
I just entered into the pool and I noticed the score on the CRS differs from the EE profile. I got 449 when I checked my eligibility through CRS. However, I am seeing 384 in the express entry pool.

Age 26, 2 years experience, two or more certificate, Single, IELTS ( LSRW 7.5-7-7.5-6.5). What can I do?

Pls are these up to 67/100 ?
For FSW cut off
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mummydd: 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Cryptomania:
Yes! Don't cut corners while at it. They ask for evidences.

Yea, thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by taiwo92(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
pls is there anyone that has the step by step on the federal skilled workers application that will like to share it. Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
taiwo92:
pls is there anyone that has the step by step on the federal skilled workers application that will like to share it. Please help a brother.

Kindly visit Page 1 and make it your second bible. Read and meditate on it day and night.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 3:43am On Dec 25, 2019
its good to be back after being banned for 24hrs for no reason embarassed. congrats to all PPR clinchers... merry xmas to us all. 2020 is going to be our year of fulfillment.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NanaF: 4:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Saintee2009:

please I'm begging anybody who can swap or help with this ordeal.. Edakun

Those people are the front desk in Qlife are witches (Remi i hope you read this) who are extremely unsympathetic and offer no help whatsoever. I was almost in tears and this people were so unhelpful and didn’t even offer to refer me to someone superior who could help. All they know is ‘there’s nothing I can do.’

Go there and ask to see the doctor in charge, if you stay there long enough he might come out to ask what the issue is. I can’t remember his name, he helped some people and he’s sympathetic and will try to make room for you based on the expiry date, especially since you’ve already paid
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by godG: 4:37am On Dec 25, 2019
So, this anti-spam bot banned me for roughly 24hrs for no reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 5:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Same with me, na hin way to say merry xmas grin

godG:
So, this anti-spam bot banned me for roughly 24hrs for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 6:51am On Dec 25, 2019
profeddor15:
Good evening house, please I need your encouragement on this issue.
If I'm opportune to get transcript from different institution and want to send it to Wes altogether without sending them differently, will it be acceptable by Wes?.
Thanks for your kind response in anticipation.

On WES site (check FAQ or required documents for Nigeria, not sure) they specified you can send it to them directly if you have it but it must be STAMPED, SEALED AND SIGNED ACROSS THE BACKFLAP BY AUTHORISED PERSONNEL. They will still require verification...

They even banned Indians from doing this because they still cheat despite being afforded this privilege.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 7:03am On Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations on reaching this milestone. You're quite the unusual applicant, given your Canadian degrees and subsequent high CRS. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You score 6/10. Go forth and enjoy our new home.
Snowflake27:
It is PPR!!! Guys it has been a journey but at last God has done it!

ITA-26th June
CRS score-493
AOR; 18th August
VO-Ottawa
PPR-23rd december

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iameneekle: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2019
Hello house
Please I have a question. All my POF is in savings account but I want to fix it in another bank and submit the certificate. Do I have to submit My SOA and reference letter to show where the funds came from prior to fixing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AryaEgugu: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2019
So apparently there is a Canadian Visa Application center in Lagos. I was told that my passport had been dispatched to OC lagos for visa.

Is this normal, because i have always heard of Accra office dealing with this before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2019
That's the new normal.
AryaEgugu:
So apparently there is a Canadian Visa Application center in Lagos. I was told that my passport had been dispatched to OC lagos for visa.

Is this normal, because i have always heard of Accra office dealing with this before.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 7:22am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas great People

Please what is the NOC code for this job description below

• Conduct site energy audit for residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) power system installation.
• Design PV systems including solar water heater for residential and commercial buildings.
• Supervise technicians and provide support during system installation.
• Prepare cost estimates including levelized cost of energy and provide reports of proposed photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial clients.
• Research, test new PV technologies to benefit clients and provide recommendation
• Perform computer aided simulation of PV production and system performance monitoring
• Develop PV installation safety procedures and ensure strict adherence by installers

Any guru in the house? I am tempted to go with NOC 7243 or NOC 2132.
What would you advise please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rinzylee(m): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2019
ifyonline:
Please been having the back and front issues with My School Ekpoma.. They have sent verification to Wes for the third time yesterday Wes said they didn't receive it.. This has been for the past 2 weeks now. Even the last person that went Dr yesterday said he made sure they did the reply in his front.. I am just wondering how a mail will be sent to Wes since 10th and yet Wes is saying they haven't received it..

Who has been in my shoes b4 how did u resolve this??

Please get your school to send a hardcopy verification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Eraytee:
Same with me, na hin way to say merry xmas grin

lmaoo me too o!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 8:17am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Oluwolefola: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Oluwolefola:
It's PPR!!!!!!!!!

Story to follow

Timeline below, epistle to follow;
Primary NOC 2147, Secondary NOC 0213
CRS: 467
ITA: Aug 12
AOR: Aug 14
GU1: Dec 19
GU2: Dec 21
PPR: December 23

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Oluwolefola:

Timeline below, epistle to follow;
Primary NOC 2147, Secondary NOC 0213
CRS: 467
ITA: Aug 12
AOR: Aug 14
GU1: Dec 19
GU2: Dec 21
PPR: December 23
Baba, I beg I sent you a PM....need some info as regards your NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2019
IELTS
This little writeup is an IELTS advisory. It's a few thoughts and processes that have worked for me while doing the IELTS. I wrote 2 IELTS exams in August; August 24th and 31st. I wrote IELTS General on the 24th and IELTS Academic on the 31st. I needed both for separate reasons and passed both in one go. I didn't remark any parts.
IELTS GENERAL: L9 R9 W7.5 S7.5
IELTS ACADEMIC: L8.5 R8.5 W8 S8
These tips are not study materials, neither will the tips alone help you pass the IELTS. They are just things you need to consider while studying for and taking the exam.
General tips:
1. DO NOT underestimate the IELTS or overestimate your abilities. Don't say it's just English. Take time to read and practise. People take this exam 3 - 4 times and they're not olodos. Take your time. I say, 1 month at least if you've written before, 2 months of you've not written but feel very confident and 3 months or more if you have never written or don't feel confident.
2. Understand the exam format. I.e. how many questions per section, types of sections and how many minutes per section. Time is a huge factor in this exam, practice using time.
3. Computer based exams require great computer skills. If in doubt, use paper based. In fact, I believe that because the IELTS is an exam and it makes people nervous, if you cannot type 50 words per minute and/or navigate cut and paste easily, use paper based. If you do not use your computer daily as part of work, use paper based.
4. Eat before the exam. Listen, I learnt this the hard way when I wrote the GRE without eating. I had a headache during the exam, failed and had to rewrite it. If you're not hungry, snack a bit and have some water. It helps feed your brain.
5. Relaxxxxx in the exam hall. Don't come and kill yourself. Don't work yourself up so badly that your hands are shaky. (A.C. go dey the hall, come with sweater in case it gets too cold. Cold can affect your thought process)

Specific tips:
Listening:
1. They're trying to trick you. Okay maybe not trick but they want to know if you can follow a conversation. E.g. the person will say... We have option a, b and X. Then the respondent will say, do you have option c. The person will say yes do you want it? Then the respondent will say no o, I want x. If you hear C and write C, you have failed. Just because something is said doesn't mean it's the answer
IELTS wants to know if you understand when a person backtracks.
2. Use the quiet time they give before the listening starts to read the questions. It gives you a slight glimpse into what to expect.
3. Follow instructions. If they say 1 word, use 1. If they say 3 use 3. Instructions change from passage to passage, so read instructions for every passage.
4. The answers are in what the person/people are saying, don't drift off. Don't lose concentration but if you do, don't pause and try to remember, you will miss more answers. Move on!

Reading
1. The answer is always in the passage. You never have to guess, assume or formulate answers. The answer is always always in the passage. E.g If they say X has a long tail and 2 branches, don't assume that it means Y unless the passage says it means Y. X and Y, in this example,have no connection unless the passage says otherwise.
2. If you don't understand a word, skip it and keep moving. You have no reason to need the word unless you believe it's the answer to something else. Sometimes crazy words are just there to trip you up.
3. Always read the whole passage first. Even if it's just once. It helps you understand what the passage is talking about. Some people believe you should read questions then use it to find answers in the passage but I believe in reading the passage at least once first.
4.Take notes. Longer passages are easy to forget. Briefly summarise it to yourself first.

Writing
1. If they say write 150 words, aim for 200. If they say write 300, aim for 350. The examiners seem to love longer passages.
2. When you want to write any argument question, put these 4 words in your mind; First, Second, Furthermore, Finally. With composition, it is important to group your points. Start with a heading that explains the argument in paragraph 1. Then proceed to take a side of the argument in paragraphs 2 and 3. Then conclude in the last paragraph.
TIP: Use the last paragraph to tell them that you understand the other side of the argument o. Butttt your own side makes more sense to you. (Learnt this from GRE)
Your argument must flow like a secondary school debate.

3. They don't fact check anything in your essay. Feel free to make up stuff to fill in your essays. You can say Obama legalized free movement to the US from Africa, they don't care. As long as it matches the point you are trying to make. Don't lie too much sha.

4. Be coherent and stick to the point. If they ask how many flights there are to Uyo on a daily basis, don't tell them about how Lagos traffic is bad. Stick to the point! In fact, read the questions several times to stay on point.
5. Time can go zoom zoom, apportion your time. Give yourself 10 mins to cross check the essay.
6. Punctuation! Add your full stops and commas. Please. And check your spellings.... Very important.

Speaking
1. Just keep talking. I kept running out of things to say in this section. Here, just be a parrot. As long as you stay on point, you're fine.
2. The examiner is Nigerian and will understand you. Forming accent will give you headache and make you even more likely to make mistakes.

I am not an English tutor so please don't PM me. @blissnenye and @johnnybravo1990 seem to be able to help with tutoring (I didn't use them so I cannot vouch for them). There are also numerous resources on Nairaland. Just search.
I hope this helps you.

64 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oludolapoajayi: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Good day friends,

I need guidance in filing my EE profile. My ECA reports reads:

*CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), diploma (three years), postgraduate certificate (one
year) and bachelor's degree (four years)*.

Under education, which should I pick?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2019
carissaa:
IELTS
This little writeup is an IELTS advisory. It's a few thoughts and processes that have worked for me while doing the IELTS. I wrote 2 IELTS exams in August; August 24th and 31st. I wrote IELTS General on the 24th and IELTS Academic on the 31st. I needed both for separate reasons and passed both in one go. I didn't remark any parts.

This is very practical and useful. Thanks for taking the time to write this. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebration.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Same here o. I was wondering what happened being that i can count the number of times I have commented here.

Eraytee:
its good to be back after being banned for 24hrs for no reason embarassed. congrats to all PPR clinchers... merry xmas to us all. 2020 is going to be our year of fulfillment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 12:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Is your postgraduate a masters? If its not then Pick ‘two or more certificates’

oludolapoajayi:
Good day friends,

I need guidance in filing my EE profile. My ECA reports reads:

*CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), diploma (three years), postgraduate certificate (one
year) and bachelor's degree (four years)*.

Under education, which should I pick?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by odimbannamdi(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
Esomimi:
Somebody say PeeeePeeeeRrrrrr
From a not so silent reader!

Congrats, bro.

Please, how do i reach you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RS21: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hi house please I am currently doing my masters and I have B.sc, and AAT that's is ican ATS can both my result be evaluated as two or more result by WES please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
Yes, I believe so. You can also send WES a mail to reconfirm the AAT.

RS21:
Hi house please I am currently doing my masters and I have B.sc, and AAT that's is ican ATS can both my result be evaluated as two or more result by WES please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BoazBoo: 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Just go ahead and submit. I had the same issue and everyone told me to renew the passport. I called 2 immigration officers, in different states, who told me 32pages passport was not available, but I could go for 64leaves with 10years validity for 90k. In fact someone told me no airline will airlift me with the 4months validity. It has to be 6months or nothing. I just told myself if God be for me, no pali can be against me. I submitted my passport with the 4 months validity and got it back with immigrant visa and COPR. I also had an hitch free transmission at all airports including our MM1. Landed in Ottawa last week Sunday and i have been using my passport like that. Will renew it when im ready�

meadeh77:
I have an issue,my passport will expire in April which is four months from now and the mail said its has to be at least six months. Am planning on renewing it but am I to send a mail to cic to inform them . Please assist.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Denerystormborn: 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Walexpaedia:
Hi Bro, Pls which module did u have issue on and where did you write the exam because I was also surprised when I saw 22 in my CNT which I don't understand till now

Hello Wale. It was CNT too

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.