Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331311 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MumofTwins2017: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
Please is there any PPR recipient who got an ADR for Updated Proof of funds and how long did it take to get PPR after you submitted? Months or weeks? Biko help my curious mind.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zinger19: 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
Very encouraging, thank you and may your heart be joyous
mosky47:
Merry Christmas everyone. Been a while I posted on this platform.
I had wanted to post this before now but kept delaying.

I want to encourage everyone who awaits PPR, especially those in AVO. Last year (2018) was horrible for us as it seemed all our doors were closed. When we first heard about the EE thing we embraced it with joy. Everything went on smoothly: IELTS (one touch for me and spouse), ECA (for both of us was out within 6 weeks), medicals was a breeze. Then, we hit a brick wall when our application was sent to Accra visa office. We waited for 7 months before it was eventually approved.

Last Christmas was very depressing. New year's day this year was horrible. All we kept asking was 'How long, before we see Your righteous hand, how long before our mourning turns to shouts of joy?' (It's actually the lyrics of a song). The AVO seniors told us that shop would open between January and April or May. We kept praying and hoping. Truly, from around January they started giving PPRs. Ours came in April. Some AVOs with AOR of February even got PPR by April/May. (I'm sure this is encouraging to someone).

Now, we are in Canada. Last night, I had to sneak as Santa to drop Christmas gifts for my kids, and their joy this morning is heart-warming. Things are not perfect here, but I can say we are much happier here. I can say that the Lord led us here. It doesn't mean that our happiness depends on our location, though.

This is to everyone (not only AVO people) who feels discouraged about something (it may not even be the Express Entry stuff). Yours may be that you are looking for an admission, for a job, for a life-partner, for a child or for something that you can't share with us. Don't worry much (it's understandable if you worry); do the best you can do and trust the Lord to guide you. Keep trusting him. Hold on. Don't give up. Help is on the year.

May this Christmas give you more peace that is beyond human understanding. Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Goodnigga: 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
GABRIEL299:
How do I get up to 470 in this CRS? I just completed my ECA(WES), aiming at IELTS 8.5,7.5,7,7(my first try 8,7,6.5,6), my age 26 and my experience 3 years plus( my own business), POF is not a problem for me. How do I get up to the minimum required points CRS?
Learn French to write TEF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Progress2468(m): 11:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
Good evening all and Happy Christmas,

Please what is meant by 3 years of continuous work experience? Does it mean If I worked somewhere for four years, I can't get a Ref Letter from them and It will suffice or must one of the years be my current employment?

Kindly help clearify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Brownie1003: 12:18am On Dec 26, 2019
Is ur ECA just Bsc? If yes, try and get another cert (bcs,pgd,...). Age is on ur side. U cn also try maxing ur IELTS. Let french be ur last resort cos u might not need it. Tho if crs scores doesnt shoot up sha. Cheers
GABRIEL299:
How do I get up to 470 in this CRS? I just completed my ECA(WES), aiming at IELTS 8.5,7.5,7,7(my first try 8,7,6.5,6), my age 26 and my experience 3 years plus( my own business), POF is not a problem for me. How do I get up to the minimum required points CRS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BoazBoo: 1:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Ethopian airline to Toronto then Air Canada to Ottawa

MumofTwins2017:
Na wa o. We are many in this boat. Mine too has 6months to go. Already trying to renew though. Please what airline did you fly with?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chinchum(m): 2:54am On Dec 26, 2019
Julius10:
I just entered into the pool and I noticed the score on the CRS differs from the EE profile. I got 449 when I checked my eligibility through CRS. However, I am seeing 384 in the express entry pool.

Age 26, 2 years experience, two or more certificate, Single, IELTS ( LSRW 7.5-7-7.5-6.5). What can I do?
i doubt you could have scored 449 looking at your IELTS score and other profile info. 384 looks more probable. not scoring 8 in IELTS listening decreases your score by over 50 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PLSHELEP: 4:18am On Dec 26, 2019
It's advised you have the POF and keep it till you get PPR.

Reason: Incase they request for ADR on your POF you can print the statement to show that the money was intact all through the application process.
odimbannamdi:

When exactly are we supposed to show POF? i thought it is until we get ITA?

Me and wifey are looking to begin the journey by January by writing IELTS General, but the entire POF never pure.

Hope it wont pose a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 4:42am On Dec 26, 2019
Excellent write up. Esp the food and sweater part. I always eat before any exam even though it's just tea and bread, i also always take a cardigan as well. Great scores by the way.

My advise also, we have all written exams in the past, you should know what works for you. Do your best, try to be calm (very important) and pray to GOD. You can also check out some links i included in my PPR story.

Shalom everyone.

carissaa:
IELTS
This little writeup is an IELTS advisory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 7:24am On Dec 26, 2019
Merry Christmas everyone. I found someone I can send to help me book for medicals at IOM. I will like to know if it can be booked for on our behalf and if the person needs any documents or details to do this. Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2019
Thecannylady:
Merry Christmas everyone. I found someone I can send to help me book for medicals at IOM. I will like to know if it can be booked for on our behalf and if the person needs any documents or details to do this. Please help.
Appointment is booked via email and phone call, why do you need someone to help you do that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibukune(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2019
Good morning house, pls i need links to prepare, practice and be trained for IELTS. I will greatly appreciate it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2019
Influential101:
Appointment is booked via email and phone call, why do you need someone to help you do that?

All their phone numbers haven't been reachable and I have sent about 5 emails without a response. I don't live in Lagos so I thought of sending someone there. Or could you please share the phone number that works? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2019
Thecannylady:

All their phone numbers haven't been reachable and I have sent about 5 emails without a response. I don't live in Lagos so I thought of sending someone there. Or could you please share the phone number that works? Thanks.
May be those that did medicals recently can assist. because I did mine almost one yr ago..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Thecannylady:

Please help if you had your medicals at IOM recently. This has been so frustrating!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aremso(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2019
Ibukune:
Good morning house, pls i need links to prepare, practice and be trained for IELTS. I will greatly appreciate it

pm me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DrDhe: 8:48am On Dec 26, 2019
Debsify:
Congratulations

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibukune(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2019
aremso:

pm me

I just did sir. If you dont mind too, i have my number in my profile. I will appreciate a whatsap message from u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Odunadexx(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2019
pls, are you trying to say wes does no longer require for o' level result. and asides that, I have HND as qualification what can you advise me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alphaNomega: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2019
Julius10:
I just entered into the pool and I noticed the score on the CRS differs from the EE profile. I got 449 when I checked my eligibility through CRS. However, I am seeing 384 in the express entry pool.

Age 26, 2 years experience, two or more certificate, Single, IELTS ( LSRW 7.5-7-7.5-6.5). What can I do?

Shebi I pointed this out and some of you here doubted me. The CRS gives a higher score than the actual EE profile. This is another case, though the score discrepancy here is too much. He must have missed some details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Beyy: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2019
Hello Guys! Compliments of the season to y’all. Please I have a question with regards to POF for express entry.
1. I received 8k USD in September 2019. This money is actually mine. I sent about 9K USD back to Nigeria sometime in 2018 to save. I intend to use this money as part of my POF for express entry. Please how can I prove to the visa officer that this money is mine? Since from September 2019 to now is not up to six months. Will an LOE do? Assuming I also attach my bank statements showing the money sent in 2018 and then returned in September 2019 by the same person who I sent it to.
I’ll appreciate your advice please.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meadeh77: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Thank you.
BoazBoo:
Just go ahead and submit. I had the same issue and everyone told me to renew the passport. I called 2 immigration officers, in different states, who told me 32pages passport was not available, but I could go for 64leaves with 10years validity for 90k. In fact someone told me no airline will airlift me with the 4months validity. It has to be 6months or nothing. I just told myself if God be for me, no pali can be against me. I submitted my passport with the 4 months validity and got it back with immigrant visa and COPR. I also had an hitch free transmission at all airports including our MM1. Landed in Ottawa last week Sunday and i have been using my passport like that. Will renew it when im ready�

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2019
The moniker already confirmed he chose yes to Canada work experience. The CRS tool is not inaccurate, some people just don’t know how to use the tool well.

alphaNomega:

Shebi I pointed this out and some of you here doubted me. The CRS gives a higher score than the actual EE profile. This is another case, though the score discrepancy here is too much. He must have missed some details.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
I was able to reach them on this number +234 802 226 4059 Maybe you should try to reach out to them after the holiday. Please keep me posted if are still unable to reach them. Have you sent an email to them?

Thecannylady:

Please help if you had your medicals at IOM recently. This has been so frustrating!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2019
Its Ikoyi passport office, Lagos.

Kaygirl33:

Please Ma'am, where did you process yours? My husband went for renewal of his expired passport and for 3 months now, they're telling him there's no paper. Who has a contact in Akure Immigration Office Please? cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2019
Pm me

Ibukune:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2019
Mrsc22:

Its Ikoyi passport office, Lagos.

Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dammycutie: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2019
You can book in person. I had to go there when I didn't get any response to my emails and calls. However they replied the mail but it was after I had booked in person already so I just ignored it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2019
@bold is wrong, the original poster discovered he claimed Canada experience instead of foreign experience. CRS and EE profile gives same scores, people here only get it twisted while using the CRS tool. The moment I saw the post i knew something was wrong.

alphaNomega:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
Ibukune:

Look for E2 language with Jay
Ieltsliz
Ieltsbuddy

you can join this telegram group https : // t. me/ IELTSwMasters (Copy link, close the spaces)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2019
Collineno:
Merry Christmas great People

Please what is the NOC code for this job description below

• Conduct site energy audit for residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) power system installation.
• Design PV systems including solar water heater for residential and commercial buildings.
• Supervise technicians and provide support during system installation.
• Prepare cost estimates including levelized cost of energy and provide reports of proposed photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial clients.
• Research, test new PV technologies to benefit clients and provide recommendation
• Perform computer aided simulation of PV production and system performance monitoring
• Develop PV installation safety procedures and ensure strict adherence by installers

Any guru in the house? I am tempted to go with NOC 7243 or NOC 2132.
What would you advise please

Help on this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 11:53am On Dec 26, 2019
Collineno:
Merry Christmas great People

Please what is the NOC code for this job description below

• Conduct site energy audit for residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) power system installation.
• Design PV systems including solar water heater for residential and commercial buildings.
• Supervise technicians and provide support during system installation.
• Prepare cost estimates including levelized cost of energy and provide reports of proposed photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial clients.
• Research, test new PV technologies to benefit clients and provide recommendation
• Perform computer aided simulation of PV production and system performance monitoring
• Develop PV installation safety procedures and ensure strict adherence by installers

Any guru in the house? I am tempted to go with NOC 7243 or NOC 2132.
What would you advise please

This has not been answered pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.