Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331200 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 6:32am On Dec 27, 2019
Can you have your parents send money to you as a gift? Then do a gift deed. That way you save yourself too much stress and explanation

Beyy:

Guys please I need help with this question. Please someone should kindly advice. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Beyy: 6:37am On Dec 27, 2019
Mrsc22:

Can you have your parents send money to you as a gift? Then do a gift deed. That way you save yourself too much stress and explanation

Thanks for your response and advice Mrsc22. I really appreciate it. The thing is that the money is already in my account and I’m currently not in Nigeria. Ive tried to find out if the gift deed can be made in the absence of the donee or if the donee has to be physically present at the time of the gift deed execution. I’ve not really been able to get any information about that. Please do you know anyone who has done a gift deed successfully for canada express entry in the absence of the donee?

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 6:59am On Dec 27, 2019
EyesondPrize:
You should only choose NOC’s that start with zero If you occupy a managerial role.

Thanks for your response but it is not actually a managerial role. I work as a photovoltaic engineer or Solar Engineer as popularly called.
It is very difficult to get the correct NOC with this job title
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Beyy: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2019
Collineno:

Thanks for your response but it is not actually a managerial role. I work as a photovoltaic engineer or Solar Engineer as popularly called.

I think job title doesn’t really matter when choosing your NOC. The job duties are what matters the most. So I’ll suggest you double check your job duties with those stated by CIC for a solar engineer and see if it matches. If it does then that should be your NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stephanie09: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2019
Beyy:

Thanks for your response and advice Mrsc22. I really appreciate it. The thing is that the money is already in my account and I’m currently not in Nigeria. Ive tried to find out if the gift deed can be made in the absence of the donee or if the donee has to be physically present at the time of the gift deed execution. I’ve not really been able to get any information about that. Please do you know anyone who has done a gift deed successfully for canada express entry in the absence of the donee?

Thanks again.

Hi.. let them do a gift letter instead of a gift deed since you are not around. I had a gift letter cos my mum wasn’t in the country at the time of submission.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Odunadexx(m): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2019
Odunadexx:
pls, are you trying to say wes does no longer require for o' level result. and asides that, I have HND as qualification what can you advise me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Beyy: 7:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Stephanie09:

Hi.. let them do a gift letter instead of a gift deed since you are not around. I had a gift letter cos my mum wasn’t in the country at the time of submission.

Thank you so much Stephanie09. Please can you kindly guide me on how the gift deed letter should look like? Or the kind of information it should contain? Thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 7:43am On Dec 27, 2019
Congratulations! Your wait is over. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You score 6/10. Go forth and prosper in our home.
SirKastic:

AOR May 25th
Med Passed July 5th. silencee
Raised 2 CSC - 1 know VO - Ottawa and the other after the 6th month for application update
ADR Nov13th - Government Employment Records
PPR December 24th
Single Guy ...maybe the LOML is inside the Canada sef waiting for me..lol

Season greetings to you all!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2019
SirKastic:
Silent reader PPR alert *Tearssssss shirt* for special effect!!

Congratulations dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SirKastic(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2019
bankyh1905:
Congratulations! Your wait is over. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You score 6/10. Go forth and prosper in our home.

Thanks but I'll like to request for a remark, please. ��

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SirKastic(m): 8:13am On Dec 27, 2019
Kaygirl33:

Congratulations dear.

Thanks Kay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lagoscooldude: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2019
Thanks boss grin. We were thinking she should verify her Phd being the highest certificate so as to boost our chances. Can I send my own M.sc for verification first while she sends her phd once she's done in July? Good morning
Mrsc22:
See combo nah!

You both are good to go as PA. You can start by verifying your MSC and hers.

Then write Ielts. The person with the best score will then be PA.

Start immediately with your result verification as that can take a while.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lagoscooldude: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2019
Thanks! Good morning
Eraytee:
Any of you can be the PA, you guys should write ielts 1st and whoever ace it better could actually be the PA. Page 1 is your second bible for now. Detailed information about your journey seats there. All the best.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2019
Yes you can start your own Msc verification. Her PHD verification will make more sense only if she is PA. If she isnt going to be PA, it will just add some tiny points.

Do you have a relative in Canada for sibling points?

Lagoscooldude:
Thanks boss grin. We were thinking she should verify her Phd being the highest certificate so as to boost our chances. Can I send my own M.sc for verification first while she sends her phd once she's done in July? Good morning
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pointmarshal: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Many thanks for your prompt response. The problem is that the money is already in FX and that means I will be losing significantly transferring back to NGN and then back again. Please do you have any other suggestions?

Eraytee:
In order to save you the hassles of explaining the source of that fund, transfer your POF to one of your parents, let them send it to a different account you have different from the initial one you transferred from (am assuming you have more than one acc). Do a gift deed of this amount and invest in either TB, fix deposit etc. this would solve your issue easily. Attached transfer receipts, gift deed, investment certificate and letter on non-indebtedness from your bank. You’ll be ok.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 9:12am On Dec 27, 2019
Oh if that is the case just leave it in FX. If it’s possible to fix that amount please go ahead and do that. You should be ok.

pointmarshal:
Many thanks for your prompt response. The problem is that the money is already in FX and that means I will be losing significantly transferring back to NGN and then back again. Please do you have any other suggestions?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2019
Lagoscooldude:

Evaluate both Msc and both of you should take ielts. No need waiting for her phd as Msc is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pointmarshal: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2019
Ok thanks once again. I will check out the possibility of fixing. I’m currently in the UK and the funds are in my UK account. In the case where by fixing is not possible, can explain that the money was paid for my living expenses here and also show that the tuition fees as been paid as well?

Eraytee:
Oh if that is the case just leave it in FX. If it’s possible to fix that amount please go ahead and do that. You should be ok.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Olami90: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2019
ify2016:
I want to register for my international passport and I read through some past tread that in order to have more opportunity during visa interview one's passport has to be stamped in Ghana for traveling experience. Now,my question is, I wish to apply for one now and I want to know how i can stamp it as an evidence of travel experience and how many page passport is better as a newbie. Also, what could be the cost of processing and duration for collection? Merry Christmas to you all.

Good morning sir/ma.

I checked immigration website and I saw 15k for 32-page passport. I went to one of the passport offices but the officer I met at the gate prevented me from entering because I couldn't provide a particular officer's name I want to see. He totally declined and prevented me from getting in make proper enquiry from the appropriate channel.

He started pouring out info and all. I suspected he wants me to come in through him.

In his words, if I want a 32-page in 1day, it will cost 40k. If I want it in 1-2weeks, it will cost 35k.

I only sensed there is someone he is hiding probably for his personal gain.

So may I know the amount you are charged (for fresh application of 32-page passport) and which of their offices you visited?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Graiccy(f): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Please does paid Volunteer work experience just like N-power counts? Can it be used to add up to the years of experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rahman137(m): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2019
Try checking Electrical Engineer, your role is electrical in nature and can be adjusted to fit same. i have a brother doing similar thing as you and he is going with electrical engineer NOC
Collineno:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rahman137(m): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2019
Yes it will, By the way N-Power is not a volunteer experience, it is a proper job.
Graiccy:
Please does paid Volunteer work experience just like N-power counts? Can it be used to add up to the years of experience?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2019
SirKastic:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2019
Both your Msc is sufficient. From the top of my head, your points is above 470 already with Msc. So just go ahead and use Msc as highest degree. Start verifying both and start reading for Ielts. Whoever scores best in ielts will be PA. Dont wait till june.

Lagoscooldude:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Becca01: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2019
CanadianBae:
Please check the picture below. Well done!

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Becca01: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2019
Thecannylady:

Have you been able to book with IOM Please? If yes, how? Thanks.

You have to go to their office. Next appointment I was told was Jan 9.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Natalie27: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2019
Natalie27:
My people

It’s PPR
ITA June 27th
AOR August 1st
MEP/August 23rd
BIL August 26th

silence

Ppr Dec 13th
I just saw the mail.. never raised any CSE. I don’t even know my VO. I just chose not to be bothered . I can categorically say I did not log into profile up to 10 times after AOR.

I started this journey on 2017 November... joined this platform in part 4.

I will definitely be back with the full story.. right now am searching for good deals for a staycation at an exotic hotel in Lagos. I promised myself I would do that once I get PPR.., lol

Am elatedddddd...

14th July 2019 (TYPING…………)

DECISION TO EMBARK ON THIS JOURNEY
I was told about EE September 2017, I was on my way to work with a friend and I still remember vividly the spark in his eyes when he found out my age plus I had a master’s degree. He was like “do you know you have a free pass to Canada” and he filled me in. He had already started the process and I was keen from the get go as I always wanted a way out of this country. I would apply for NGO’s, international jobs that would require me leaving Nigeria but no show.

October my friend got his PR. He came to my house with his passport and the next month I paid for my WES

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS (ECA)
November I registered for WES, MY friend is a doctor (so his process was quite different)and till now I can’t really understand how he knows little to nothing about EE (LOL) because he told me that I had to evaluate all my degrees, I even added SSCE but later removed it(can’t remember why ).
By February 2018 my MSC was done (you know how schools in the abroad don’t waste time), so that was a breeze.
For my undergrad, I wouldn’t say it was stressful compared to what is going on today, I had previously requested for my transcript so it was quite easy. I also had help from someone at EXAMS and RECORDS because for some reason I could not find my clearance, gown and all other receipts you need to get your certificate (UPDATE I recently found them when I visited home SMH).
Unfortunately, at the beginning of 2018 ASUU was on strike and once they called it off in April, my contact at UNIBEN was able to verify at a fee of 15k (just to respond to an email oh). It was at this time I discovered naira land (I think Part 4but was anonymous till August) and found out that I only needed to verify my highest degree. Report was ready May 13th 2018. I merged my WES report, IELTS result, BSC and MSC certificates.

START THE JOURNEY NO MATTER WHAT (IELTS)
I had asked my dad for POF but he wasn’t keen on this idea as he would prefer I ‘settled down’ since I had a “good job” according to him.

Then June 2018, I got a call from one of my paddy’s (you know does kind of paddy that you don’t talk to for a while and when you eventually do…..its gbas gbo gbasss) long story cut short, my friend had relocated. The next week I was moved to another unit at work to replace someone who was relocating as well. They all advised I go ahead that POF will sort itself (and they were right)
There and then I registered for my exams for the last week of July.

PLOT TWIST

I had thought by December 2018 I would be a Canadian PR but I did struggle with the writing module and wrote the exam 4times, but once I found Chris Pell it was like everything now made sense lol and with CRS of 450, I was good to go. My IELTS success story can be found here https://www.nairaland.com/natalie27/posts/1

PRE ITA

I created a Canada Folder on my google drive with sub folders like ECA, NIG PCC, UK PCC, MEDICALS. So I uploaded directly from my drive once I received ITA. I also had an excel for my personal history, address history and travel history.

Digital Passport
Took mine at BHstripes on Bode thomas street, 500 for 4copies and another 500 to send a soft copy.

MEDICALS

I was always lucky when booking for my medicals, yes medicals because after my 2nd IELTS remark I always hoped it was the last, so I would book upfront and I always spoke/sent mails to people who gave me what I needed because a lot of naira landers complained then that they were unable to book upfront medicals.

I did my medicals July 12th, i arrived some minutes after 6 and I was number 5. A lady there was checking if we brought the right documents, it was raining and I think some rain drops fell on my passport. When we finally got in, another lady wanted to see if the white background of our passport was pure white and then she saw a watermark and said they won’t accept my passport. I had to dash to my office to get another one.

I also informed the nurse that UNCLE RED just arrived town, she said I can still go ahead and do my medicals. But I was then informed by the doctor that the protein in my urine was 3+. She said I would have to come back the next day to do another urinalysis test (not free by the way). When I asked my doctor friends and searched google I was made to understand that it was because of Uncle R… NEXT DAY I drank a lot of water and peed twice and then I was cleared.

PROOF OF FUNDS

I got a gift deed from my Dad (he finally keyed into my vision lol), He transferred 4m to my FBN account and I transferred 3,6m to my AXA Mansard Money Market Account. I merged my first bank statement (just 1 page to show the inflow), Gift deed (not notarised), AXA mansard reference letter and 6months statement (I felt if they saw the outflows and inflows they would know funds are readily available and it could be likened to a regular account, dunno if that worked)

LOE
I explained why I could not get My NYSC reference letter on the organization’s letter head and how I was paid in cash during camp for the first month. I also explained the inflow and outflow of my proof of funds. I uploaded this in the client information place holder.

PCC

I believe this was the easiest process in this whole journey. I applied for my UK PCC (used my statement of account as proof of address in Nigeria and my NINO as proof of address in the UK ) and had it sent to my friend who scanned it to me. (NB I studied in Scotland and its one and the same UK PCC). Inspector Moshood assisted with my Nigerian PCC. it was done in proxy after he sent me the form. Paid 4K.

TRAVEL DOCUMENT
I uploaded only the bio data page of my current passport and stamped pages.

DELAY IS NOT DENIAL
Over one year after I wrote my first IELTS and got my ECA, I finally submitted my application on the 1st of August.

POST AOR

After I submitted my application, I decided to focus on other things to avoid getting worried. I Focused on my annoying time consuming job (which really helped) and losing weight (lost 13kg thus far). But trust me, I did panic sometimes whenever I read anything disturbing on naira land. I did not join any whatsApp group, i tried to log in once every Sunday as TOPSMAMEN advised (after I saw my MED and Biometrics request mail 2days late) but most times I forgot (every time). I also consciously gave IRCC till July next year when my medicals would expire to get PR so I don’t feel disappointed, depressed or frustrated.

I would research about different provinces, read the landing in Canada thread as well (always been there). Look up houses on rent faster, kijiji.

BIOMETRICS

I got my medicals passed notification and biometrics request letter on the 23rd, I didn’t see it till the 25th. I went on the 26th to VFS. I remember the security man’s asking I pay 5K
MAN : “madam you look like person when leave office, if you pay me 5k I go talk to my guys make them answer you sharp sharp”…
ME: Oga no worry, I no de hurry
And he frowned his face, giving my tag so rudely … but I spent about 4hours there shaaa…they were just slow.

PPR MAIL
The day I saw the mail, something kept telling me, check you mail, check your mail and I didn’t until I wanted to do some work and bam it was there, sitting pretty since the 13th.

I submitted my passport on the 14th. They were faster this time even though the network was down. I submitted my PPR mail, height chart, passport photograph with the photo studio’s stamp and date, documents that was given to me after my biometrics, passport and N8200.

I am so grateful to God, my family and every naira lander here… Special thanks to TOPSMAMMEN, CANADIANENGINEE, CUTEGUY201, MCSTAN, TRANSFORMIUM et ainsi de suite. Despite all the obstacles everything worked for my good.

I got all the help I needed from Canada.ca and this forum. For every one on this journey I wish you all the best. I started as Natalie27 and now am Natalie29…lol

Bisous

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PLSHELEP: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
Congrats Oga HR.

Please interact on an HR level. What are your plans, SHRM or SPHRi
SirKastic:

Decision to travel - Since I was old enough and realised our leaders will not allow Nigeria harness her full potential.

AOR May 25th
Med Passed July 5th. silencee
Raised 2 CSC - 1 know VO - Ottawa and the other after the 6th month for application update
ADR Nov13th - Government Employment Records
PPR December 24th
Single Guy ...maybe the LOML is inside the Canada sef waiting for me..lol

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lagoscooldude: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
sadly I don't. She does not either cry
Mrsc22:

Yes you can start your own Msc verification. Her PHD verification will make more sense only if she is PA. If she isnt going to be PA, it will just add some tiny points.

Do you have a relative in Canada for sibling points?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebuncrown: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hey guys, so I just checked my IELTS results now

Me Principal Applicant
L - 8.0
S - 8.0
R - 7.0
W - 7.0

Spouse
L - 8.0
S - 7.5
R - 7.5
W - 7.5

With this scores our CRS scores is 457 if my LLB and Law School certificate is evaluated as 2 or more degrees and

464 if it’s evaluated as a professional degree. Still waiting for my transcript to be sent to ICES for evaluation.

I am considering the option of TEF to boost our scores. I need recommendations on great French schools in Lagos. Also how many points will French add to our CRS. Should I just write IELTS again? Thank you guys

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GBSS: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
Olami90:

Good morning sir/ma.

I checked immigration website and I saw 15k for 32-page passport.
In his words, if I want a 32-page in 1day, it will cost 40k. If I want it in 1-2weeks, it will cost 35k.

I only sensed there is someone he is hiding probably for his personal gain.

So may I know the amount you are charged (for fresh application of 32-page passport) and which of their offices you visited?

Thank you.

Go through this trend
https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/98#85237049.

You will find the answer to your question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
achmed1:
Trying to decide whether to go for clb 10 and gain 3 extra points to 469...or just wait it out till February ending before spending 75k

I think you should strive to get TEF ready instead, if the 75k will hurt if you don't get that 3 points. French at b2 level is equal 42 CRS points, that is almost sure ITA. TEF B2 is Listening(249-279), Reading(207-232), Writing(310-348), Speaking(310-348

Now, I can't speak B2 french to save my life at the moment but if I were you I'd rather invest that 75k into a french course (online if you don't have time to attend a class, I don't know what options exist sha) than chasing 3 points, if I am cash strapped.

Nevertheless, 3 points could be difference between ITA or no ITA and B2 french from scratch to TEF might take 6 months or more ( a guess), so think of that too in your peculiar situation.

I would love to hear other opinions though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.