Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders (46449 Views)

FG Bans Use Of Laterite For Road Construction / FG Bans 91 Billionaires, Vips’ Jets, Insists On N30bn Duty / FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by amiibaby(f): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ok oo
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
thats how they ban ban in his first tenure and increased price of food items, they have not solved anything they are banning again, rice will likely clock 40k before they are done with us...
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by sonnie10: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
How about the ECOWAS trade liberalization pact with member states? The isolation agenda and protectionism of this administration might not be helpful in the long run.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by nauto6: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nawa
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by edo3(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
It has began

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by joshjc(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
it would have be nice if we put things inorder first, that'show China started,

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by ChiefEmeka89: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
mujiboy:
Confused Government
What exactly are they putting in place before all this policies.?
.......how I wish this trillion budget was all diverted to power sector

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Authortee: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Noted
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by donsheva: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Be smart, start a business now

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by contigiency(m): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
That's just the best way to go. Nigerians don't require soft approach to be corrected on issues.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by IceColdVeins(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
Can someone analyze how the closure of borders will benefit me as an individual?
Cos all I see is inflation and famine.

May I remind you the rationale for this very closure of borders? Its is almost solely to curb the issue of smuggling..... not just staple foods but everything....up from car spare parts down to your okirika clothes. We all know how exorbitant it is to clear container from the customs point due to high import duties and recalcitrant briberies. Now that aside!!

Closure of the bordering gates to curb smuggling analytically means all or most of the smuggled products come through those gates
Now this should be the logic
1. smuggling is corruption (unarguable)
2. All smuggled commodities come through the border (very arguable)
Closure of border will curb/reduce smuggling...........fine
Mitigation of corruption at the borders will curb/reduce smuggling.........fine
Since smuggling is a function of corruption in the borders (S=f(c)) Why not tackle corruption at the borders instead of subjecting the common man to more hardship without putting in place any form of ''shock-absorber''
When America wanted to boost their local steel production value that importation had almost crippled, you know what they did? they didnt even halt the importation, rather they lifted taxes on the local ores and placed huge taxes on the imported. Diplomatically, the market tilted to the side of the local steel production. Now this is how policies from informed set of parliaments look like.
I have always said this, until Nigeria starts to run the government&police like a corporate organisation(bottom-up approach), where KPIs(key performance indicators) are reviewed, operations externally audited with impending sanctions for code of conducts breachers, only then the government can function.
You've been shouting farming, need I remind you that locally made rice as a case study is always double the price of the imported. Now the imported has been banned, you think the prices of local rice would go down? Check your law of supply!!! Anyways thanks God fake/non-durable aba made clothings will be glorified atlast cos nobody go fit afford the original which import duties go don almost choke to death. So poor rats will be poorer cos aba made will now be more expensive once the demand increases.

Government did the right thing for sure but it was poorly strategized and for the wrong cause!!!
Anyways, Orun nyabo, kon shoro enikan (IF sky dey fall, na all of us head e go knack)
Body go teh u!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by ruggedtimi(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
food go scarce now
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Ajixegun: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
As for me o, i like this border closure، because is the first step for self reliant as a country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
Guess whose back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by deji17: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
“When it comes to security, all other laws take a backseat. Nigeria must survive first then we can begin to consider your rights.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Patosky4U: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nice move Mr President.... Let our local products also be consume now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Phred1717: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
How will you wake and implement unfriendly policies on poor mass... We've no yet overcome d effect of border closure,now tis
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by mujiboy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
lakesider:

They are putting you in place to get a job and stop been a commenter here
Who told you I need a Job?
Smh
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nmezor(f): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by iammrjaai(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dfuwuknj:
today's ticket is ready for pay after winning
chat me up
070-16-71-13-13
winning is guaranteed

Scam Alert..!!!

Be-Ware..!
Be-Ware..!
Be-Ware..!
Be-Warned..!
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by deji17: 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Can someone analyze how the closure of borders will benefit me as an individual?
Cos all I see is inflation and famine.

May I remind you the rationale for this very closure of borders? Its is almost solely to curb the issue of smuggling..... not just staple foods but everything....up from car spare parts down to your okirika clothes. Now that aside!!

Closure of the bordering gates to curb smuggling analytically means all or most of the smuggled products come through those gates
Now this should be the logic
1. smuggling is corruption (unarguable)
2. All smuggled commodities come through the border (very arguable)
Closure of border will curb/reduce smuggling...........fine
Mitigation of corruption at the borders will curb/reduce smuggling.........fine
Since smuggling is a function of corruption in the borders (S=f(c)) Why not tackle corruption at the borders instead of subjecting the common man to more hardship without putting in place any form of ''shock-absorber''
When America wanted to boost their local steel production value that importation had almost crippled, you know what they did? they didnt even halt the importation, rather they lifted taxes on the local ores and placed huge taxes on the imported. Diplomatically, the market tilted to the side of the local steel production. Now this is how policies from informed set of parliaments look like.
I have always said this, until Nigeria starts to run the government&police like a corporate organisation(bottom-up approach), where KPIs(key performance indicators) are reviewed, operations externally audited with impending sanctions for code of conducts breachers, only then the government can function.
You've been shouting farming, need I remind you that locally made rice as a case study is always double the price of the imported. Now the imported has been banned, you think the prices of local rice would go down? Check your law of supply!!! Anyways thanks God fake/non-durable aba made clothings will be glorified atlast cos nobody go fit afford the original which import duties go don almost choke to death. So poor rats will be poorer cos aba made will now be more expensive once the demand increases.

Government did the right thing for sure but it was poorly strategized and for the wrong cause!!!
Anyways, Orun nyabo, kon shoro enikan (IF sky dey fall, na all of us head e go knack)
Body go teh u!!
You can easily cash in on this. Many Farmers are doing it, so can you. You just need to learn how they do it. Its a simple sturvs..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
eleribu hunger kee u there.

What is wrong with what he said,?

Is it not obvious to you that this present government is clueless?

Are you stupid? angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Henriksen(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigerians..... Look at what we have done to our self

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
[quote author=opportunes post=83135071]The federal Government has announced a total ban on the import and export of goods at the land borders nationwide in the ongoing joint border operation, tagged: “Exercise Swift Response”. The Daily Trust reports that the operation began on August 20, 2019, involving Customs and immigration with support from Army and other security agencies.

The joint border security is being coordinated by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) and covers the four geopolitical zones, including South-south, Southwest, North-central and the North-west. Briefing newsmen in Abuja on Monday, the Comptroller General of Customs (CGC), Col. Hameed Ali (Rtd) said: “The issue of movement of goods is not the same thing with movement of persons. “Let’s understand that all perishable items are on prohibition whether on export or import. Therefore, nobody can carry tomato to the border to import or export. So it makes it easier for us to close and ensure that all goods for now are banned from being exported or imported through our land borders. “That is to ensure that we have total control over what comes in and what we do. We are strategizing on how best the goods can be handled when we get to when this operation will relax,” he noted. Ali however, advised local dealers, who want to export or to import items, to use the seaports is the only access at present.

On when the operations, which is nearly two months will end, Ali said, “It is as long as it will take our neighbours to come to the table and agree to execute exactly what was agreed upon during former Olusegun Obasanjo’s time which is simple adherence to ECOWAS transit procedure. That has not happened.” In a response on how the operation is impinging on the fundamental rights of persons to movement, the Customs boss said, “When it comes to security, all other laws take a backseat. Nigeria must survive first then we can begin to consider your rights.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-fg-bans-import-export-of-all-g

I just discover a free bitcoin mining app.

Just go to play store and search for "Server
mining" download the app and use this referal
code:LDFDFCTP
You giving a bonus of 0.0005BTC after inputing
that referal code,and you will earn ten percent
of what anyone you referred earn.
this is a great opportunity.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Honor10:
This is a step in right direction, it will be difficult at the beginning, but this will force our local producers to step up their games, and we will have abundance with time.

I commend the president and the vice President for this.
while companies that export to countries like chad, Mali,Burkina Faso, Niger should fold up? These countries I mentioned don't have seaport. So how should they work?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by wakaman: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Truth234:
They are fighting back, Niger retaliated with a similar sanction, bans export of rice to Nigeria.

https://investorsking.com/border-closure-niger-retaliates-bans-rice-export-to-nigeria/

Get your facts right, it's one of the conditions given to Niger republic in dialogue on opening the border with them, they made a law in their country to stop exporting rice to Nigeria, that is they strengthend Nigeria s ban importation do rice and other prohibited products.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by thatigboman: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
What happened to the ECOWAS Treaty that allowed free movement of goods?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Truthbites: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
The APC govt. A government without a plan B
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by IceColdVeins(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Bro its only food that go through the border? lol
ok like I said, body go tell you
deji17:
You can easily cash in on this. Many Farmers are doing it, so can you. You just need to learn how they do it. Its a simple sturvs..
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
I just discover a free bitcoin mining app.
Just go to play store and search for "Server mining" download the app and use this referal code:LDFDFCTP You giving a bonus of 0.0005BTC after inputing that referal code,and you will earn ten percent of what anyone you referred earn. this is a great opportunity.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by spiritedtete: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sirnuel:
What exactly are they aiming to achieve??

Can someone tell these people you don't ban food importation at the end of farming season, you are supposed to do it at the beginning of the year so farmers will know what crops to cultivate.

What do I know, none of these men knows the real cost of goods in the market, all they do is sit around and make useless policies. This is going to be the worse xmas ever.

Then convey it through the water ways... they did not ban marine import or export... i am majorly affected like i i said before.. as my company brings in sunflower oil from Benin republic... however there is always an alternative. GOOD MOVE BY FG

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Arrives Port Harcourt After Losing PDP Presidential Primary (Photos) / Deji Tinubu Slumps, Dies During Football Game / Buhari Presents Nigeria’s Visa Policy 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.