Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders (46463 Views)

FG Bans Use Of Laterite For Road Construction / FG Bans 91 Billionaires, Vips’ Jets, Insists On N30bn Duty / FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Area4Area: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
oldtruth:

Form M is a mandatory statutory document to be completed by all importers for importation of goods into Nigeria.

Now, hope you are now enlightened abi na informed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That is not what we are talking about, give us a ink to your lies.
Open an another thread for that, just give us a link to your lies
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
That is not what we are talking about, give us a ink to your lies.
Open an another thread for that, just give us a link to your lies

Still you dont have bain. ... Which lies?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Area4Area: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
oldtruth:

Still you dont have bain. ... Which lies?
I give you the floor abeg, continue wallowing in your ignorance, just a link and you've been hiding upandan and trying so much to derail.
The floor is yours please, enjoy
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
I give you the floor abeg, continue wallowing in your ignorance, just a link and you've been hiding upandan and trying so much to derail.
The floor is yours please, enjoy

oh no! despite all proofs? Rice importers were no longer given form M even after duty inceament which made it blacklisted. What is had for you to undestand?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
Benin rep can even export their home grown rice into Nigeria but should not allow importers to use their ports and the goods find its way into Nigeria
but the bad thing is that the who is who in Benin rep and nigeria are the ones importing. It will be very difficult for Benin to stop importing into their port because they know it will find its way into Nigeria market. That's why foreign rice is still in the market since 2 month of border closure
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by alphaNomega: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
emmasege:
Does the closure extend to the northern borders? Because the last time I checked there were two Nigeria when it comes to laws.

There's a Nigeria where FRSC and police do not mount road blocks to collect toll, and neither does custom ask for duty for cars that are already within the hinterland.

And then there's a Nigeria where laws must be enforced and heavy taxations imposed.

The North continues to feed fat and oppress the south for as long as the south doesn't speak with one voice and we have some misguided Southerners shouting "Afonja" and "Biafra" on nairaland.

Don't mind the foools. Tinubu will make them pay toll in Lagos and FG is making moves to do the same in Southeast while states like Gombe and Jigawa are exempted from such.

Imbecilic Southerners on this website I tell you. It is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
Area4Area:
This has been what we've being trying to educate them but they fail to listen, just shouting ban, ban, ban upandan when nothing was banned
https://shipsandports.com.ng/rice-import-ban-three-years/
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by alphaNomega: 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
Godex12:
This country is just a total mess. Atleast there should be other alternatives before taking the decision, they are just making things difficult for the masses. It is well with us.

This country is cursed. Even if policies are made to ease the transition effects of this move, civil servants in Federal and State ministries that should ensure the smooth flow will thwart implementation. Sometimes I wish all blacks were wiped out 200 years ago!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
Empredboy:
legitimate. Yes they have their license to import and export, they raises the paar, they pay all agency fees.

Ok, the government now says no more import export via land, case closed full stop.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Ok, the government now says no more import export via land, case closed full stop.

So, mouthpiece; will import be through air?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

but rice still find its way into our country knowing fully well that its banned at the sea port since 2015https://shipsandports.com.ng/rice-import-ban-three-years/. Now who is suffering
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
oldtruth:

So, mouthpiece; will import be through air?

Keep crying, land is closed. Full stop!

Go port!
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by saviola21(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
What is the main reason for banding of good from FG? nawaoooh this Xmas things will be costly.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
Empredboy:
but rice still find its way into our country knowing fully well that its banned at the sea port since 2015https://shipsandports.com.ng/rice-import-ban-three-years/. Now who is suffering

Ignorance is terrible! Who banned you from importing rice? When? Where?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Keep crying, land is closed. Full stop!

Go port!

Which port? Rice can't pass through sea port. Be sensible
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
saviola21:
What is the main reason for banding of good from FG? nawaoooh this Xmas things will be costly.

Yes it will be very costly and life will remain hard for 200m useless people that cannot produce their own food and consumer products. Let them all DIE!
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

you are the mutula here
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
oldtruth:

Which port? Rice can't pass through sea port. Be sensible

You don't want to pay high duty, abi? Who stopped you from using the port?
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MOVIC6: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
anayolity:
Good move by the Nigerian Govt. even though the man dey mess up!!! Most of these West African Nations dey always feel say we no dey add any value to their economy....this time around all men go dey their dey and develop their own. . sad

Nevertheless in all sincerity , though i am not an expert in economy analysis i would love to buttress more on the fact that this could be a very huge loss to Nigeria but like i said earlier i'm not an EXPERT!!! undecided undecided

your confusion is a disgrace
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

You don't want to pay high duty, abi? Who stopped you from using the port?

You see? You kids are just too dumb. rice is blacklisted
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nowenuse: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Litmus:
If you want the West and not Nigeria, then you have to accept Banning. Everything is controlled in the West and that which is not fully controlled is banned (prohibited) until authorities can get a handle on it and then exert control. One of the main subset of control is taxation.

A Niaralander once implied that I was mean-spirited for wishing Taxation and Control on Nigerians; well I do wish these things on Nigerians but only because it is what you unbeknowingly wish on yourselves when you keep on wishing to be like the West. I deserve forgiving since I never believed Nigeria was a Shithole. I loved Nigeria as it was, with all her freedoms and always argued that Nigeria had other virtues that Nigerians seemed blinded to in their incessant wish to be like the “West”.

Buhari deserves credit because his government seem to be going the right way about delivering the West to you. Remember this: in the West, they cut down all fruit trees so that there would be no free fruits for the people, thus the people have to go to a Taxed place (market) to buy them. In the West, everything is taxed. People once laughed bitterly in the West, complaining that ‘we are so taxed, all that remains is for government to Tax Water and Air. People thought that this idea was funny because in the back of their minds these were such ludicrous notions. ‘Tax water and air indeed’ they scuffed. Not long after, water was sold to them in bottles. People could not believe such a thing would last but bottled water sold to them caught on. This led them to sneers, ‘what next, are they going to sell us air?’ Not long after, pure air arrived in buyable cans then years later governments in the West did Tax air in the form of congestion charges.

Moral of story: you cannot have Western life standards without forgoing all your current Nigerian freedoms. All borders need regulating as much as possible; you all need to be ID’d, registered at birth, registered at death, and government ought to implement compulsory genetic record databases (they are fighting against compulsory Genetic Data base in the West but it will happen (we don’t have to wait for them to implement such before we follow suit). Government needs to roll out a comprehensive tax system in Nigeria to generate income for the Nation for the days of oil are numbered.

You are very correct that westernerns enjoy a good life due to their effective tax system which helps them generate good national income. But have you forgotten that most of these western countries are not mineral rescource driven? They do not have precious natural rescources like oil to give them billions of dollars every year.
It is madness for anyone to suggest that Nigerians should be taxed like westernerns in order to enjoy good standards of living. What then is the oil revenue used for?

Even with all the oil revenue, our govt has nothing to show, why then should anyone think that things will become any better when they tax us more?
If you have nothing to show with your 2 talents, rest assured u will have nothing to show if given 5 talents.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Phred1717: 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
Your type are only errand boys. Grow-up and see what's happening in the land. To you everything is about politics and power tussle.
ORIENTATION101:
eleribu hunger kee u there.

Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by deji17: 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Empredboy:
I am also a poultry Farmer. Since 2 years we have not gotten any dime even when they came to our farms. Please let's be sincere with ourselves in this country.
Ask any small scale farmer if he has received grants or loan from government. He will tell you NO
There are many farmers who have received. I have discussed with people who have receives thw loan. Not everybody will get it at the same time. Its like someone applying for NPower and has not received it saying Npower job is not real, whereas thousands of supporters have received it. Keep hope alive. It will get to you once your intentions are genuine.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by MusaChukwudi: 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
oldtruth:

You see? You kids are just too dumb. rice is blacklisted

Goodnight! It past your bedtime.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
[quote author=MusaChukwudi post=83143193]

Goodnight! It past your bedtime.[/quote

wow! so shameful
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Baselm: 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Instead of taking advantage of these opportunities, we are busy wailing. Trump is sanctioning Chinese goods, placing high tarrifs on European automobiles. Europe is about banning Palm oil as a biofuel so they can be using sunflower oil etc. This is the time for us to get it right or miss it forever. Tomatoes are already rotting away in Benin republic since the border closure, that shows we have been importing ordinary Tomatoes,
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

try to go to any FOU office of custom in Ikeja if you are in Lagos to confirm if rice is allowed at the sea port, also simple logic again if rice is allowed at the sea port then the local producers won't be able to compete with ship loaded with rice everyday because a ship carries 50k tonnes which is about 1m bags. Also fG banned rice smuggling because of local production not because of revenue so if its because of revenue FG would have allowed the sea port to bring it in. Unlike tokubo the FG wants to generate income which is why its only allowed at the sea port. Please get fact also from the 41 prohibited items
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Empredboy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
deji17:
There are many farmers who have received. I have discussed with people who have receives thw loan. Not everybody will get it at the same time. Its like someone applying for NPower and has not received it saying Npower job is not real, whereas thousands of supporters have received it. Keep hope alive. It will get to you once your intentions are genuine.
non has received in my area. Is it until when the birds died or when those who have idea but no support lose interest? We should work with what we can manage. Many of my customers are Benin traders because in Benin rep they are used to frozen chicken so no farmer will want to rear chicken for eggs so instead Benin people will come to the border area like ours to buy eggs. Now due to Border closure they can't come and we at the border aew finding it difficult to take to Lagos due to bad road and the buyers have suppliers on ground. Now we have egg glut. Does government knows how we feel? I have 5 people on my pay roll but they have to collect their salary even in this challenge.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
Empredboy:
non has received in my area. Is it until when the birds died or when those who have idea but no support lose interest? We should work with what we can manage. Many of my customers are Benin traders because in Benin rep they are used to frozen chicken so no farmer will want to rear chicken for eggs so instead Benin people will come to the border area like ours to buy eggs. Now due to Border closure they can't come and we at the border aew finding it difficult to take to Lagos due to bad road and the buyers have suppliers on ground. Now we have egg glut. Does government knows how we feel? I have 5 people on my pay roll but they have to collect their salary even in this challenge.

So sorry about that. Maybe you just have to take it down to Lagos or wherever you can get buyer for it rather than losing out completely.
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:23am On Oct 15, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

You are talking NONSENSE!

200m people with so much land, water, sun and air cannot feed themselves? Are you serious! I pray hunger KILL everybody in this FFKING country.

We all can't run to Lagos, Abuja and P/H.

All we are FFK good for is Konji and making useless babies like rats! I hope HUNGER kill all of una.
We're not producing enough to feed ourselves, that's just the plain fact. If hunger kills everybody, I'm sure it'll kill people you love too
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:24am On Oct 15, 2019
OgbeniDawodu:

Imagine Nigeria importing fresh tomatoes, besides how can we grow when we import more than we produce.

Man, any nation of Nigeria's size that has problem feeding its population has a big problem.
Of course we have a big problem. We abandoned agriculture when we discovered oil, that's the genesis of the problem
Re: FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders by Papertrail11(m): 2:15am On Oct 15, 2019
oldtruth:

shut up! what do you know. Why is it being felt this bad. What do you know about the seaport? Do you know why most importers prefers neighboring port? Which legitimate businesses are you talking about here? Nigeria should work on itself and stop making economic blunders . Come up with fact

Was about to say this. one of the reasons shippers prefer Benin republic is because their shipping rates are reasonable. Naija own na diee heard a brand new camry is now 20m something that was about 8 or 5m around 2012

Buhari and his goons damaged Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Leaked Intelligence Files Give Insights Into U.S. Tracking Of Nigeria’s Election / Grow Nigeria: Nigerians React To Saraki’s Message On Nigeria / Suleiman Aliyu, Corper With Leadership Newspaper Shot At Shiite Protest (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.