Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold (4380 Views)

Unpopular Opinion; Simps Make Better Husbands. / Why Is Child Adoption Unpopular In Nigeria? / Opinion: Do You Think A Child Is The Parents Property? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by MountainView: 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Breaststroke:
Interesting.....

1. I have zero interest/desire in being a mother and having children of my own.

2. Marriage can be sweet & enjoyable even without children.

MountainView, your 3rd point intrigues me, how is it you are a Christian but don't believe in heaven or hell? I'm just curious.

Can I challenge this belief? Will you take me up on the challenge just for fun?

If not for the fact that it's your opinion, I'd have said you don't want to put your breast, Virginia and womb to work, for it's main purpose

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2019

8 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by cococandy(f): 2:16am On Oct 16, 2019
I think Nairaland should have a block button. Long overdue.

I believe if children were raised neutrally without biased influences, the world will be better for it.

I don’t believe money can buy happiness. If anything, there’s some sort of anxiety that can come with it. Too much choice increases anxiety and reduces the joy of owning something rare.

7 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by baby124: 2:56am On Oct 16, 2019
I don’t concern myself with popular opinions or what is conventional. I just state my piece and move on. Can’t keep up with other people’s thoughts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by emmaodet: 3:15am On Oct 16, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
1. I truly honestly believe that majority of men at least 80% have innate hatred of women. The way they get so excited to put women in inferior gender status and undermine and insult them is proof. I don't believe they consider women inferior because of religious scriptures, they do it because putting women down makes them happy even though it's not justified. Christianity is trying to be more modern and overlook or ignore the more anti female parts of their religion especially the ones in the old testament, but Islam just said fvck it we are going to demean them as much as we possibly can.
Time and time again in different eras and different religions men keep doing their best to stop women from progressing. It must be some kind of mental illness they suffer from.

2. Women truly lack unity and cohesion among themselves. Let's not pretend that is not the case. In any system where a certain group of ppl are oppressed, it would make sense for them to unite against their oppressors won't it? In times of slavery black people had code words and coded songs they used to say to pass messages so white slaveowners won't know what they are saying but if you put a four women in a marriage or house with a man that harasses and maltreats them, they will turn on each other and their co wives children instead of the person making their lives miserable. This lack of unity doesn't manifest in only marriage settings, it's there in offices and hostels and compounds etc. I think th e reason they direct their frustration to their fellow women instead of men is because they are taught to believe men are better than them so they subconsciously think they shouldn't engage their superiors.

3. Marriage has outlived its usefulness but of course backward stoneage countries like Nigeria will never realise this and majority of the people here still put pressure on young unmarried people. How can your country be overpopulated and impossible impoverished but your idiotic self still thinks we need more kids from marriages? Is adoption a crime?

4. Nigeria can never get better, I feel sorry for those hoping it will.

5. Black people have a problem that is keeping all their countries backward. Even the black countries outside Africa.

You are a known anti-marriage advocate. Seems you are either a lesbian, probably a loser in relationship due to been infected with diseases like HIV etc, maybe a ruptured womb because misery loves company like you once quoted or poir background e.g barrack raised or ghetto raised, single parent raised etc.
Pls, Live and let's live - because you don't fancy it doesn't mean others don't.
What faced you is what is backing another person.
Marriage as outlived it's usefulness to you but it is the best thing to another person.
About Nigeria been backward - seems most frustrated ladies can't bring out there points without saying that line.
So to you, the white countries are advanced why we are backward? Backwardness is relative.
We have our settings and culture and that is not backwardness.
You can't be a copy cat for everything else it's better the whites come to rule you and change your country name, currency, constitution to US and lose your identity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by elektra(f): 4:06am On Oct 16, 2019
emmaodet:

You are a known anti-marriage advocate. Seems you are either a lesbian, probably a loser in relationship due to been infected with diseases like HIV etc, maybe a ruptured womb because misery loves company like you once quoted or poir background e.g barrack raised or ghetto raised, single parent raised etc.
Pls, Live and let's live
How can you type the bolded and then follow it up with "Live and let live"? Are you Bipolar?

emmaodet:

- because you don't fancy it doesn't mean others don't.
That is the entire point of this thread. If everyone (especially people like you) agreed with her opinion, it wouldn't be unpopular, would it?

BTW, you are a perfect example of her first point.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 16, 2019
cococandy:
I think Nairaland should have a block button. Long overdue.

I believe if children were raised neutrally without biased influences, the world will be better for it.

I don’t believe money can buy happiness. If anything, there’s some sort of anxiety that can come with it. Too much choice increases anxiety and reduces the joy of owning something rare.

If money can’t buy happiness then transfer all the money in your account to me grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 5:44am On Oct 16, 2019
emmaodet:

About Nigeria been backward - seems most frustrated ladies can't bring out there points without saying that line.
So to you, the white countries are advanced why we are backward? Backwardness is relative.
You can't be a copy cat for everything else it's better the whites come to rule you and change your country name, currency, constitution to US and lose your identity.

You are not serious, what has being a lady got to do with lamenting about Nigeria? Do you know how many guys will still say the same thing and worse?

Youre just proving her point... if somebody has a wrong mentality according to you, why must her being a woman come into it?

6 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by genq(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2019
emmaodet:

Pls, Live and let's live - because you don't fancy it doesn't mean others don't.
What faced you is what is backing another person.
Marriage as outlived it's usefulness to you but it is the best thing to another person.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by CHoccolaTE: 7:02am On Oct 16, 2019
midnighter:

You are not serious, what has being a lady got to do with lamenting about Nigeria? Do you know how many guys will still say the same thing and worse?

Youre just proving her point... if somebody has a wrong mentality according to you, why must her being a woman come into it?

Don't mind that guy. Men don't have sense. I don't know how that lie that they are more logical came about.
See how easy it was for you to get my point but he read it upside down and came back to start typing upside down "logic" and shedding tears everywhere.

8 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by CHoccolaTE: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2019
midnighter:

My post pained him jare, that's why he is letting emotions cloud his reasoning. Men are also emotional like women, let no woman be fooled into thinking otherwise. Difference is that unlike women they are more prone to displaying violent emotions.

8 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by madridguy(m): 7:21am On Oct 16, 2019
Interesting thread but some people cannot stand on their lane without making trouble. Make your unpopular opinion and leave and stop attacking others view.

I wish Nigerians can start following simple instruction tongue

10 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2019
madridguy:
Interesting thread but some people cannot stand on their lane without making trouble. Make your unpopular opinion and leave and stop attacking others view.

I wish Nigerians can start following simple instruction tongue

The unpopular opinion is not necessarily just meant to be left like that; its supposed to give a new perspective and open up a debate

If you state your opinion and somebody disagrees with it, I dont see anything wrong with them stating their case but of course some people will just become irrational and start spewing invectives without any reasonable idea behind it

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by madridguy(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2019
but of course some people will just become irrational and start spewing invectives without any reasonable idea behind it
na wetin dey pain me be this.

midnighter:

The unpopular opinion is not necessarily just meant to be left like that; its supposed to give a new perspective and open up a debate

If you state your opinion and somebody disagrees with it, I dont see anything wrong with them stating their case but of course some people will just become irrational and start spewing invectives without any reasonable idea behind it

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Don't mind that guy. Men don't have sense. I don't know how that lie that they are more logical came about.
See how easy it was for you to get my point but he read it upside down and came back to start typing upside down "logic" and shedding tears everywhere.

CHoccolaTE:

My post pained him jare, that's why he is letting emotions cloud his reasoning. Men are also emotional like women, let no woman be fooled into thinking otherwise. Difference is that unlike women they are more prone to displaying violent emotions.

If he disagreed with you he could have just stated his point sensibly instead of showing his poverty of reason.. HIV+ person no be human being? Mtchew

At least 2 men have entered the thread already to say that the black race is cursed but he will never see those ones...just to look for pink (f) to abuse

6 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2019
madridguy:
but of course some people will just become irrational and start spewing invectives without any reasonable idea behind it
na wetin dey pain me be this.

Lol well thats the Nigerian part of the story for you cheesy thats our own version of "unpopular opinion" that millions of Reddit users comment on every single day without any issue
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by madridguy(m): 7:42am On Oct 16, 2019
Concerned members of this house have talked to Seun tire to make this forum more civil but no, oga is only after traffic that gives him money. Aside from politics section, i don't see reason of throwing jabbing in other section.

midnighter:

Lol well thats the Nigerian part of the story for you cheesy thats our own version of "unpopular opinion" that millions of Reddit users comment on every single day without any issue

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by desvi: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2019
reported cheesy
Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 7:52am On Oct 16, 2019
madridguy:
Concerned members of this house have talked to Seun tire to make this forum more civil but no, oga is only after traffic that gives him money. Aside from politics section, i don't see reason of throwing jabbing in other section.

But how would he do it? Anybody can make a monicker if they have the data, no matter how stupid they are.

And he cant really help it if people would rather read about Tacha than something reasonable

On the contrary, politics is the section that needs to be cleansed the most but really its just a reflection of how decorum and interpersonal interactions in the country have deteriorated

It wouldnt be like that inside here if life were normal for people in the real world

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by desvi: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2019
most opinions are rather divisive
not unpopular
e.g. prostitution
some people will want it legalized and others won't

a truly unpopular opinion would create more outrage than divisiveness

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by CHoccolaTE: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2019
midnighter:

If he disagreed with you he could have just stated his point sensibly instead of showing his poverty of reason.. HIV+ person no be human being? Mtchew

At least 2 men have entered the thread already to say that the black race is cursed but he will never see those ones...just to look for pink (f) to abuse

That is even the reason I didn't engage him, I don't want the thread to degenerate to insults and discourage others from contributing. I see threads like this on sensible forums like reddit and lipstickalley and they go smoothly beginning to end.

Just leave that uncivilised thing alone.

4 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by CHoccolaTE: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Concerned members of this house have talked to Seu.n tire to make this forum more civil but no, oga is only after traffic that gives him money. Aside from politics section, i don't see reason of throwing jabbing in other section.

I was going to write about the issue of sèun and how he runs this site with outdated model but I don't want to get banned. Instagram videos cant play on this site, also twitter videos.Many People complained of this bright theme he started using like a month ago but he left it like this without explanation.
If he explained I dunno where he did it. Blocking certain members should be an option like someone said before. Outright banning for tribalists and non tolerance for hate speech, tribalism etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

That is even the reason I didn't engage him, I don't want the thread to degenerate to insults and discourage others from contributing. I see threads like this on sensible forums like reddit and lipstickalley and they go smoothly beginning to end.

Just leave that uncivilised thing alone.

Lol we have a long way to go on this forum...let us just ignore him

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by genq(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2019
They claim to 'ignore' but proceed to take up half a page talking about the said guy cheesy emmaodet you really struck a nerve bro grin

7 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2019
As cococandy said, Ability to personally hide or block some people's posts would be fantastic.

This is a feature on other forums.

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by sisisioge: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
I believe same sexx union should be treated same way as the hetero unions. I'm really indifference about it as long as no one is forcing my hand into it. Why not live and let others live?

I believe the death penalty should be given to rapist, especially those who rapee children. Also to embezzlers of public funds.

I think the salary of the senate should be matched to civil service payment grade. That should well deter nonentities from coveting the seats.

I believe a compulsory counselling of at least 6month should be given to marriage prospectives regardless of their tradition/religion by certified professionals. Also, divorce should be made easily in case things go awry.

4 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by midnighter(f): 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
genq:
They claim to 'ignore' but proceed to take up half a page talking about the said guy cheesy emmaodet you really struck a nerve bro grin

Lol cheesy do you want us add your name as well...let us finish the page with your own matter

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by genq(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol cheesy do you want us add your name as well...let us finish the page with your own matter

Be my guest! wink

2 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by cococandy(f): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nope cheesy

Poverty doesn’t buy happiness either
Plead:

If money can’t buy happiness then transfer all the money in your account to me grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by emmaodet: 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
genq:

grin cheesy grin
Bro, you sef see am.
I attacked the lady not because of what she wrote now but have crossed her path before twice and she wrote something similar.
That was what prompted me.

3 Likes

Re: What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold by genq(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
emmaodet:

grin cheesy grin
Bro, you sef see am.
I attacked the lady not because of what she wrote now but have crossed her path before twice and she wrote something similar.
That was what prompted me.

No mind am. She even admitted on a different thread that her happiness in life depends on nairaland comments grin - just click on her page and see all
her pathetic topics, very miserable thing lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls advice Working Class Married Women. I'm Always Too Tired For Sex / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help / Few Ways To Love Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.