Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? (2437 Views)

It's Not Appropriate For Ladies To Bend Down In Public (pics) / Is It Appropriate To Ask My Cousin To Be My Valentine? / Lady Gets Married After Dumping A Man Who Sponsored Her And Siblings To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by PerfectMatchNG: 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
IS IT APPROPRIATE FOR TWO SIBLINGS TO MARRY FROM THE SAME FAMILY?

I’ve seen it happen. My mother was an independent contractor who sold clothing when I was a child (read Avon Lady or Tupperware Lady, except for clothes) Three of her best customers were three sisters who married three brothers. In my own family I have a similar situation.

My mother had a brother and a sister. They married a sister and brother. The mother of the sister and brother that my aunt and uncle married had a first cousin of the same age they were and he married my mother.

So, three members of one family married three members of another family and my second cousins on my dad’s side became my aunt and uncle on my mother’s side.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by sexycat: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
IS IT APPROPRIATE FOR TWO SIBLINGS TO MARRY FROM THE SAME FAMILY ?

Are you guys sure this post is not coming from the sister that intentionally got pregnant for the brother after the brother brought a lady home to show his parent, and what on earth could make someone be asking this silly question here.. ABOMINATION......

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Raekeon: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wait let me ask zulezoo sad

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Psalm2423(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
The only things I can understand in this post are brothers, sisters, aunt, mother, father. You day forbid to use paragraph and create sentence flow?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by smat101(m): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
Psalm2423:
The only things I can understand in this post are brothers, sisters, aunt, mother, father. You day forbid to use paragraph and create sentence flow?
As in eh...
The story didn't flow...
well I can marry my elder brother's wife's junior sister...
I see nothing wrong with that...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Psalm2423(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
smat101:

As in eh...
The story didn't flow...
well I can marry my elder brother's wife's junior sister...
I see nothing wrong with that...

Lol. Why don’t you choose your younger sister’s uncle son nephew elder sister? That one no go still bad na.

Two gboza for OP. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by yazga: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2019
There are two kind of reasons.

Two brothers marrying two sister , this is done because sisters will keep family United [no spilt in family,
Myth :women's fight will lead to split in brother's split] ,another scenario is Brother/sister of one family marring sister/brother of another family. [give a girl and take girl marriage ]

Same reason as before , Wealth part comes into play , it stays with family , no girl share given or taken , brother would keep the entire wealth. Plus these kind of marriages are between Families of Equal Social Status.

This is why cousin marriage are acceptable in Indian System It was time tested concept of Dravidian Kinship
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Olamsoh: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
I would say that it depends on the community. In a community where people have a small number of children, it would probably be very rare. But in communities where people have a lot of children I would think that it’s not that rare really.

I would imagine that 50 or 100 years ago it was a little more common that it is today because in the last 30 or 40 years people tend to have two or three children at the most while 100 years ago they had more. It was probably even more common 500 years ago when people generally married people from the same small town of village where they grew up, with the number of families in the villages small, the likelihood increases.

Today it’s not unheard of, just not very likely for two reasons:
1. Most people have one or two siblings and the likelihood of a couple’s siblings being compatible is limited;

2. And the majority of people today live in cities that have a large number of families meaning that the pool from which one can choose is much more varied.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
Lubbish.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by nlPoster: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
People do it but it's not encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Pascopele: 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
It's rare, but I don't know of any statistics to say how rare. I have a set of ancestors, two brothers who married two sisters. Everybody turned out okay in the end. Except that each couple had a child, a boy and a girl, and they married each other, so the gene pool got smaller at that point. Still, that didn't happen again
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by YorubaKing: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Dis one gidi gan ooo

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by PerfectMatchNG: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2019
ok
nairalandposter:
People do it but it's not encouraged.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by PerfectMatchNG: 5:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Lubbish.
How?!
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by Tomide007: 6:15am On Oct 20, 2019
And so what? Are d people getting married related by blood? Nigerians are funny.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by PerfectMatchNG: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
shocked shocked
Tomide007:
And so what? Are d people getting married related by blood? Nigerians are funny.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family ? by PerfectMatchNG: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2019
Tomide007:
hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

*** / Man Got Embarrassed After His Public Proposal Got Rejected / Womanisers Took Advantage Of A Lady When She Was Robbed Inside Her Car:video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.