Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,174 members, 7,957,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Does Love Exist Over The Net? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love Exist Over The Net? (6575 Views)

Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? / Does True Love Exist Among Nigerian Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by NET1(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
After my last experiences, I just decided not to believe in Luv anymore (that's my personal experience o). Those experiences happened with people I know very well, not to even talk of people I only see pictures and webcam shots of.

Na wa o. There's nothing we no go see for internet.

.NET
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by deoyel25(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
mediatrix8:

I would appreciate it if you translate this into standard English.Sorry I can't understand Nigerian slang Angry

Ha!! That is serious!! BTW, how long have you lived outside Nigeria?  
Meaning: Let me get off my a$$ from here. No offence meant.  smiley smiley
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by Pelumiv(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
kay177:

Yes it does exist, I know more than two people that met their wives on facebook and the other one on meetnigerian dating site, till date they both  live happily together, It depends on both parties, if both of you want it to work, although it happens to people abroad mostly,  guys met those babes online and travelled down to Nigeria to hook those ladies, but whom can I met on nairaland  

anybody of ur choice.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by kay177(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
Pelumiv:

anybody of your choice.

Do you have anyone to offer  wink
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by 190: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
ask 190 and omolola!
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by kay177(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
You wey you dey really catch cold for conventry grin,
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by lyfe(m): 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2010
It sure works and I have a sis married like that, communication of phone and internet wayback in 2001 and we did Introduction with Photo of the husband his family and they saw each other for the first time 2 weeks to Marriage.  she now has 2 kids and leaving happily with her hubby.
But I wouldn't do that in the world of today cos of love scam.

My sis hubby was shorter than I thought grin (like M I) but good looking as he was in the picture.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by 190: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
kay177:

You wey you dey really catch cold for conventry grin,

Nah im adapted,
Nigeria is as hot as devil's toe-nails mate!! grin grin

Even hanged out wiv el-rufai earlier today and tony attah~ grin
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by kay177(m): 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2010
190:

Nah im adapted,
Nigeria is as hot as devil's toe-nails mate!! grin grin

Even hanged out wiv el-rufai earlier today and tony attah~ grin

To much igbadun, hope never start to dey share money ooo, but then 9ja hot pass hell fire grin
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by 190: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^ and this place cold pass DEVIL NYASH!!

No money was shared,they had this 9JA @ 50 seminar

I nor know their names jor but this shell MD,tony attah,Nigeria's ambassador and el-rufai

was there among other diginitries,I late go the place cos i had some quality speech 2 deliver 2 some dudes

and immediately i got there my presence was known,i wud upload pics later mate! grin grin

El-rufai even complained abt the cold,I nearly pull jacket give am, **lol**wud upload pics 2 my facebook maybe tomorrow! wink wink

But later i settled down for food but was dissapointed No pounded yam as i nor knw how pounded yam be for eye again,

I would call u by weekend mate, sorry bin so busy with stuffs (dont even av time for woman sef)
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
One can meet his/or her true love online. All it takes is honesty and commitment on both sides.
My very close friend met her husband online, a German. She is into her third year of marrige now with him in Germany.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by deoyel25(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
190:

I nor know their names jor but this shell MD,tony attah,Nigeria's ambassador and el-rufai

was there among other diginitries,I late go the place cos i had some quality speech 2 deliver 2 some dudes

and immediately i got there my presence was known,i wud upload pics later mate! grin grin

El-rufai even complained abt the cold,I nearly pull jacket give am, **lol**wud upload pics 2 my facebook maybe tomorrow! wink wink

But later i settled down for food but was dissapointed No pounded yam as i nor knw how pounded yam be for eye again,

I would call u by weekend mate, sorry bin so busy with stuffs (dont even av time for woman sef)

What are you feeling like? Ghetto Champion?
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by kay177(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2010
190:

Quikly upload those pics i want to see them, the one you were reading the speech and the ones you took with el rufai and co. make you no dey feed 9ja people with feeding bootle. grin grin
dont photo shop ooo.

deoyel25:

What are you feeling like? Ghetto Champion?

lets wait for the pics now,
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by chiegemba(f): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
still wonderin. . . .  but definitely recommend meetin d person asap b4 any further commitments. . . .  wink
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by rafmike(m): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
It only take God's intervention for such love to last,
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by ceeplus(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
He who plays d game of e-love shld learn d rules very fast or else d game wil be played on u.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by DoubleN(m): 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
Well i say it does exist because i have seen it firsthand. A certain friend of mine met a girl on Hi5 (during its glory days),they started exchanging messages then advanced to calling till the girl showed on in person.(A head Turner i must say) grin. They eventually dated for close to 2 years and where deeply in love till they finally fell out of love due to some differences. So you see,you can actually find 'love' through the internet.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by mosun22: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ poster u re so rite, i met ma bf of1yr 3nth on facebook, we talked for 6mnth b4i went to c him in anoda state, loves no no boundaries, as long as two of u r tru to each other, that all that matters
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by Moyola(f): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2010
. . . itz lyk 'a match stick n itz box'!! tongue
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by fstranger: 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
Blazay:

Of course it works for the white people who invented both the word love and the concept of the internet.
Only extremely ugly people from Africa hook up on the internet to find love.
Not our African culture. Before you know the parents of the Face book flames you are already 4king yourselves. grin

Such a medium can only be used to get reformed male and Follows for side-kicks.
So, get ready to hook up with an ethnic taboo on 2 legs as an African looking for love on the internet.
Most of these people online will not even find girl/boy friends under normal circumstances.
They are mostly social outcasts rejected by ALL sane families in their homesteads.

Thank God for the internet.
Psycho-social outcasts have a chance at the thing called 'love'.

May my ancestors forbid me to find love on the internet.
No wonder you get scammed by non-English speaking illiterates of males and baby elephants of females masquerading as 'financial' asssistants to help you ship your cars from continent to continent.

After falling for their sweet lines of lies on the internet, you part with your wallets.

A fool in love and his or her money are soon parted.

Well, happy it worked for some. I would not try it for long term romances.

From the way MOST reason on the internet, you can be rest assured that only trouble will come your way as fake personalities.

Getting married is only the first step. With the ever-escalating trend of domestic strife and divorces amongst Africans world-wide, internet relationships amongst Africans can only multiply our 419 genetic make up exponentially.

It is not how far, but how well since life is not a competition.

Some even use their handsome houseboy's/housegirl's photographs to lure people across continents, only to end up in bed with the Oga's driver or housemaid.

Lord, I have seen things happen. grin

Sorry, internet romances are only for those who have not hope at the real things.

Count me out. cool

A waste of my time and resources for real.

Well said, Aboki. Now go chew some gworo and while you are at it, don't forget to feed the cattles, very important
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by olaolabiy: 12:18am On Nov 11, 2010
Odunnu:

Despite all the hugs,kisses and I love you's displayd here,u knw nothn abt me that i didnt say here!
Thats how it is wt every other person except Justwise and Chaircover

You no serious at all. I don lose interest sef.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by deoyel25(m): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2010
kay177:

Quikly upload those pics i want to see them, the one you were reading the speech and the ones you took with el rufai and co. make you no dey feed 9ja people with feeding bootle. grin grin
dont photo shop ooo.

The guy no just try at all. Bragging on top nuffin.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by chiegemba(f): 1:25am On Nov 11, 2010
chei! grin grin grin
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by Evagreenfields: 3:04am On Nov 11, 2010
ceeplus:

He who plays d game of e-love shld learn d rules very fast or else d game wil be played on u.
what are d rules?
lyfe:

It sure works and I have a sis married like that, communication of phone and internet wayback in 2001 and we did Introduction with Photo of the husband his family and they saw each other for the first time 2 weeks to Marriage.  she now has 2 kids and leaving happily with her hubby.
But I wouldn't do that in the world of today cos of love scam.

My sis hubby was shorter than I thought grin (like M I) but good looking as he was in the picture.
ur sis tried o.wish em d very best
@poster not sure it works 4 me
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by moonraker(m): 3:58am On Nov 11, 2010
my 2 yen

i met my a girl on (wait for it) facebook, now its wasnt that random per say.

its turns out that she went to my high school, same set as me. back in the day,

i had seen her on few occassions but never talked to her!! so after abt wat (5years)

i see her on fb and i added her!!! we got the talking and bada bin bada boom, i was

off to nigeria in august and then we hooked up, met her mum and she met my mum

and the rest according to celine dion is history and geography

moral of the story is different strokes for different folks, they are many ways to fall in love and be in a relationship, choose one
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by edjuzion: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2010
Yes, love does exist on the Net if both parties involved are sincere with themselves. Am saying this out of experience. I met my husband on the net and we are blessed with a wonderful son and by the grace of God am due for our second baby next month. Funny enough we met on Nairaland.
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by ono(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2010
edjuzion:

Yes, love does exist on the Net if both parties involved are sincere with themselves. Am saying this out of experience. I met my husband on the net and we are blessed with a wonderful son and by the grace of God am due for our second baby next month. Funny enough we met on Nairaland.

I need to get a call from you rightaway to verify the authenticity or otherwise of your claim - not that I don't believe in love on the net. . . . . but, yours is somewhat, miraculous!
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by kenkruse: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2010
edjuzion:

congrates madam, it isn't easy,
you met on nairaland now married with kid but your post is only #9, how come
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by fASHiam(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2010
Online dating is simply just a point of contact and nothing more. If you want more then try meet her or him, become good friends so that you can know if you can trust her/him before talking about love.

It is ridiculous to hear people talking about been in love with who they are yet to meet physically, i believe this to be baseless and too risky.

For more information on the new Nokia nokia N8 plus best reviews of other Nokia and Blackberry phones; follow the below link
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by Blazay(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2010
fstranger:

Well said, Aboki. Now go chew some gworo and while you are at it, don't forget to feed the cattles, very important

Abokis make the best internet Romeos you know.
You should try us.
No 419.
Too bad I already have 4 13-year old Egyptian brides.
All purchased from the internet.

Who says love over the Net does not work? wink
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by 190: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2010
ROTFLMFAO,

nope its meant for facebook alone,

I nor want make NL ladies use my pic mas[i]tu[/i]rbate!!
Re: Does Love Exist Over The Net? by chile4cash(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
Online relationship can be achieved when the two parties are honest, i have seen two poeple that are happily married till today. i wish i can see a hoest girl that i can date online and maybe we can marry depends on time and trust.

Daniel (chile4cash)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rate Your Lips / Why All The Arrogant Guy, Usually Handsome.....?? / Some Women Are Never Contented With What God Gave Them...(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.