Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63233 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Thegoodone13(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
then count the money you are making from other countries as a parasite state gone for good

when the recession starts
hope you stay in your country and chew grass
They should go a head. Nigeria is the largest population in African. We can survive without selling our product to them. Many company relocate to Ghana and the target buyer is Nigerian. Closure of borders is the best things for Nigeria. If PMB will do like China, he will close borders for all goods not only rice and vehicle. China did it and it work for them. We can Start producing everything in Nigeria by ourselves. If we close borders all the company that is producing what we are consumed in Nigeria will come and establish their company in Nigeria and people will get job.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by wirinet(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Babaken:
stop reasoning upside down do you think Nigeria Alone buy those made in Nigeria good's or imported goods all the surrounding countries patronized Nigeria market the same way Nigeria patronized other countries we all need each other. Ghana make enough Money from their land borders same with Togo I don't know about Benin republic is because their borders and custom are well organize. Nigeria has more custom on the road yet they complaining of smuggling what are those customs doing there. If foreign rice Turkey are the problem why not put laws that Will scared people way from smuggling it into the country like five years in prison for any driver found with one bowl of rice or a kilo of Turkey and after six months any shop within the country that is selling foreign rice or Turkey will be close down you tell me if it will not work.

Forget customs. Customs is one of the most corrupt organization in Nigeria. They exist basically to collect bribes. If you enact stricter laws and penalties, you will only succeed in increasing bribe money and making custom officers richer.

All governments in the past have grappled with this border issue. I remember Obasanjo closing the border on numerous occasions only to open it after pleading from Benin Republic. The only difference this time is Buhari is deaf.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wendybrown(f): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2019
Goldencheese:

I share your sentiments. Na just ordinary border we close and they are shouting, if we ban their goods and citizens from entering our country, the United Nations will come and beg Nigeria. I thought they've been boasting now that they are better than Nigeria. Ordinary border, and everywhere is shaking. If they annoy us, we will just padlock the place and throw the key away. Lol. grin grin grin

You dey craze o...lol which one be padlock d place and throw d key away na

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by GoldHorse(m): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal Yoruba nation? A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization, they'd rather be pashiwobowobo around their inferiors. Shouldn't Yoruba be making rules regarding their own borders? How can you put all your decision making in the hand of those who are not part of your language, culture and values, and say you are not dead or slaves?

..... ta la won? undecided lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Oriyomin25(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2019
kheny12:
Bro don't mind the idiot,Who is Ghana beside Nigeria.They just envy Nigeria and I hate them too.
As In Ehn, Who Dey Compete With Them Sef

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
When have you thanked Yoruba for putting Nigeria on the map?

Everything you brag about in Nigeria is something that came about from Yoruba.

The border we are talking about is Yoruba. I'm all that and a bag of chips!

Wherever you go it's the Yoruba achievements you show off to the world, Yoruba world stands alone unrivaled in Nigeria. May Sopona strike you!

who the fvck Sopona....??
send am to me,i will slap the basstard upandan that the basstard forget that his name is,wharever....
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
When have you thanked Yoruba for putting Nigeria on the map?

Everything you brag about in Nigeria is something that came about from Yoruba.

The border we are talking about is Yoruba. I'm all that and a bag of chips!

Wherever you go it's the Yoruba achievements you show off to the world, Yoruba world stands alone unrivaled in Nigeria. May Sopona strike you!

why are you pissin me off....!!
wetin i do you....!!

woh,orire koh da rara....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by farem: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2019
surgical:
how is it good please explain

....because it prevented you from bringing in shit at Nigeria's expense and axed you from smuggling toxic, expired and harmful items to Nigeria.
nke a ọ doro anya?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2019
How is bringing up a legit issue be hypocrisy? Just because they said something on radio and TV doesn't make it true. We all know how the borders in the north look like a village gate, while the Yoruba own is militarized. Of course it won't have anything to do with tribe because that will force you to do something about it it.
Afamed:

Don't be an hypocrite. Every land border is closed including the ones in the North. Listen to Radio and watch TVs news. The border closure has nothing to do with tribe or any religion

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Babaken(m): 8:09am On Oct 20, 2019
adenigga:

Ghana make enough Money from their land borders same with Togo I don't know about Benin republic is because their borders and custom are well organize. Nigeria has more custom on the road yet they complaining of smuggling what are those customs doing there.

The temporary border closure is one of the measures put in place to checkmate smuggling activities & also to let our customs sit-up.
that is what they have to explain to neighboring countries that is not meant to punish them and give time and follow the due process as ECOWAS member.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by amaridigital(m): 8:10am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Enough of this miopic view. Ghana stands to loose BIG TIME if your Government wants to play hard ball. As a Study abroad consultant, I can tell you by verifiable statistics.
According to the latest report titled Global Flow of Tertiary Level Students prepared by UNESCO Institute of Statistics, Nigeria is No1 country of origin for foreign students inflow to Ghana. In fact Ghana is No 5 study destination for Nigerian citizens. Exactly 6506 Nigerian students chose Ghana as a study destination in 2018 alone followed by Congo 515 (See the difference)
Now let's talk about inflow of Ghanian students to Nigeria. Zero no record. In fact, Ghanuans prefer to study in Bosnia, Grenada and even Czechia 280 students than in Nigeria. Please cut the crap! Do you know how much over 6500 students from Nigeria brings into the Ghanian economy in US$?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by femolii: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Princedapace:

This post is fine until you mentioned giant of Africa.. U need to understand that ur country, Nigeria is located in west Africa. The fact u had many likes show how much our people know. That is why our leaders keep playing with our heads. But for people who don't know west Africa is weak in terms of development in africa. If u are using issue that happened in west africa to judge the entire continent, then u have a long way to go. Nigeria is giant of west Africa, yes, but not giant of Africa. Your country wouldnt have gone to South Africa to negotiate even after their people dealt with Nigerians. The giant of Africa is south Africa, followed by Egypt, followed by Morocco. Kenya's and Nigeria may be next. We need to know the truth before our leaders will be washing our heads with such lies like they have told us many times while they struggle with the most basic things of live. Wesr africa is made up useless countries just like Nigeria. How many made in Nigerian goods Ghana wants to ban when Nigeria sef is lacking Made in Nigerian goods. No decent country will shake due to border closure if they were doing business the right way. These west african countries dont do business the right way.
Trash.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
wirinet:

I am highly disappointed by your stance on this issue. Nigeria is hemorrhaging from our borders, and instead of you guys to understand and help profer a solution, you are threatening trade war. You even said you have similar issues with Togo, I expected you work with Nigeria diplomatically to solve the problem.
Do you know the damage the western and Northern borders are doing to our economy? Are you aware that we import (and pay subsidiaries on 40 million litres of petrol everyday) one would think we drink petrol like alcohol. Since the border closure, our fuel consumption is said to reduce to 30 million litres per day. Imagine multiplying 10 million by N50 subsidy everyday (apart from depleting our foreign reserves from the actual importation). Then there is the vexatious issue of using Benin and Togo as a transit point for smuggling all sorts of goods into Nigeria, cars, rice, poultry, second hand clothing including socks and bra, etc. The smuggling activities undermine all government policies. No other country in this world would endure the kinds of sabotage to its economy as being done by our neighbours.

You are saying the same falsehood that enemies of Nigeria are propagating, that Nigeria banned importation from other countries. This is very far from the truth. What was banned was importation through the land borders (for now). Ghana, being our closest west African brother should look for ways of addressing our concerns by suggesting alternative solutions, like creating a fool proof corridor or using shipping lanes, instead of threatening and emotional rants.

Believe me the $300 million yearly trade Nigeria does with Ghana pales into insignificance, when compared to the daily damage to our economy by smuggling.
Exactly what we are doing now

but if you dont want to take heed, we may have to leave you t your own troubles
Petrol and diesel are cheaper in Ghana than in Burkina Faso

There are over 200 more filling stations on our burder with Burkina Faso than in Accra
So fuel smuggling was a lucrative business.
What did the Ghanaian government do?
It completely removed subsidizes and increase immigration officers checkpoints along the border and went ahead to close down alot of the filling stations along the border.
Placed trackers on all fuel takers that bunker fuel to filling stations in the country.

Now the smugglers have move to smuggling fertilizers out of Ghana to Burkina Faso because the government of Ghana has hugely subsidized it.
THE Government in Ghana is catching them on a daily basis

On the border with Togo, Nigerians are smuggling textiles into Ghana daily
One of the difficult things Ghana has been fighting

so Nigeria has to learn than to close it border

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 8:14am On Oct 20, 2019
Pissing you off for asking you to give credit where it's due? Again that makes you an ingrate

Oloriburuku oloshi!
obidark:

why are you pissin me off....!!
wetin i do you....!!

woh,orire koh da rara....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by awa(m): 8:14am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Psycho, you make sense joor. Don't mind these APC Sympathizers making noise closing boarder is the right thing.
They don't understand dynamics of business. Those of us from East do plead with GH in any decision they want to take because it will hurt our business with GH

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
It's already with you, let's see who can slap more.
obidark:

who the fvck Sopona....??
send am to me,i will slap the basstard upandan that the basstard forget that his name is,wharever....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Pissing you off for asking you to give credit where it's due? Again that makes you an ingrate

Oloriburuku oloshi!

thunda smoother you their,mr yoruba....
am urhobo....do you think you have issues only with hausa and igbos....??

shattap joor....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
durangokid:
. What is all this retaliation bullshit, let GUTA try anything they want let us see, not issue of hate, Nigeria only sneezed Ghana economy is now when nobody or country is targeted, let them start economy war or sabotage, Ghana will collapsed within six months, in as much as some Nigerian business men will be affected but Ghana economy will see hell, Nigeria does not produce anything that need to be sold in Ghana, Dangote us even selling in Ghana at the rate of 800 Naira while he is selling in Nigeria above 2000, because of his greed if you like you can stop buying his cement, it doesn't even concern Nigeria
anyway the price of cement is between 25- 30 cedis
no one can sell above that

The economy of Ghana does not rely on petty traders from Nigeria
That is why we can close those petty traders shops with our economy not even blinking an eye.

We closed 20 banks, 350 microfinance institutions and over 200 finance houses

our economic growth did not even blink to slow down
that is how resilient our economy is.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
It's already with you, let's see who can slap more.

demon....??
demons fear me....
i slap them alooooooooot....

its war....
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Eteka1(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2019
Princedapace:

This post is fine until you mentioned giant of Africa.. U need to understand that ur country, Nigeria is located in west Africa. The fact u had many likes show how much our people know. That is why our leaders keep playing with our heads. But for people who don't know west Africa is weak in terms of development in africa. If u are using issue that happened in west africa to judge the entire continent, then u have a long way to go. Nigeria is giant of west Africa, yes, but not giant of Africa. Your country wouldnt have gone to South Africa to negotiate even after their people dealt with Nigerians. The giant of Africa is south Africa, followed by Egypt, followed by Morocco. Kenya's and Nigeria may be next. We need to know the truth before our leaders will be washing our heads with such lies like they have told us many times while they struggle with the most basic things of live. Wesr africa is made up useless countries just like Nigeria. How many made in Nigerian goods Ghana wants to ban when Nigeria sef is lacking Made in Nigerian goods. No decent country will shake due to border closure if they were doing business the right way. These west african countries dont do business the right way.
What makes South Africa or Egypt the true giants of Africa please.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:
[s]and did you people noticed that their is no news about fulani herdsmen and other strange stuffs for days now since the borders were closed....??

the latest we heard is nigerian army storming boko haram....
something like nigerian army running after boko is not usual....[/s]

They have been killing people in Akwa Ibom

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by dukeprince50: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2019
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Isinweke:

They have been killing people in Akwa Ibom

did you even bothered to read the date of that news....??

wtf is wrong with you....??

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Goldencheese(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Wendybrown:

You dey craze o...lol which one be padlock d place and throw d key away na

grin grin
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 8:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Awon wo?
GoldHorse:

..... ta la won? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by kadevisamy(m): 8:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Nwadiuto247:
Noisy Ghana, finally humbled
you have your mouth to run. if you don't have any good ideas to share, can you just keep quiet
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 8:21am On Oct 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Will you stop with your lies. Purchasing power in Ghana is 3 times LESS than what you have in Nigeria. I live in Ghana and so i know. Your country is so unnecessarily foolish that it has forced its own people to be reliant on Charcoal and firewood and pit toilets even in the cities. This is just so the people can cut down expenses on LPG and water bills.
grin grin grin grin

This is funny

when every household in Ghana uses LPG for all their domestic use and uses their on toilet even villages have toilets in their houses.

the fact that i can use just 100 cedis to buy the entire Abuja should tell you how worthless your country is
come here with 2000 naira and see if you wont starve to death grin grin
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by awa(m): 8:22am On Oct 20, 2019
amaridigital:

Enough of this miopic view. Ghana stands to loose BIG TIME if your Government wants to play hard ball. As a Study abroad consultant, I can tell you by verifiable statistics.
According to the latest report titled Global Flow of Tertiary Level Students prepared by UNESCO Institute of Statistics, Nigeria is No1 country of origin for foreign students inflow to Ghana. In fact Ghana is No 5 study destination for Nigerian citizens. Exactly 6506 Nigerian students chose Ghana as a study destination in 2018 alone followed by Congo 515 (See the difference)
Now let's talk about inflow of Ghanian students to Nigeria. Zero no record. In fact, Ghanuans prefer to study in Bosnia, Grenada and even Czechia 280 students than in Nigeria. Please cut the crap! Do you know how much over 6500 students from Nigeria brings into the Ghanian economy in US$?

In other words Nigeria depends on GH for educational support while GH don't need Nigeria Shameeeeeee
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2019
Okugbe arindin!
femolii:
Where is sense na or yoruba man collect your wife? you really need care because you dey sick for brain.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 8:23am On Oct 20, 2019
golddust6000:
gdp per capita are same.
one Ghana per capita is higher by 35 dollars
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Goldencheese(m): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2019
Thegoodone13:
They should go a head. Nigeria is the largest population in African. We can survive without selling our product to them. Many company relocate to Ghana and the target buyer is Nigerian. Closure of borders is the best things for Nigeria. If PMB will do like China, he will close borders for all goods not only rice and vehicle. China did it and it work for them. We can Start producing everything in Nigeria by ourselves. If we close borders all the company that is producing what we are consumed in Nigeria will come and establish their company in Nigeria and people will get job.

Mehn, you deserve a big, big hug! Which school did you attend? Stanford or Oxford? This is a fantastic piece of economic theorising. With this border closed, all the other companies will scamper back into Nigeria and start producing with multiple benefits.

See, I may not like this government, but one thing I like about Buhari is the will to do anything he wants to do and call the bluff of anyone. If he can be a little sensitive to our diversity, I think he may finally be on the right course again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos) / Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors / Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.