Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,681 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63238 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2019
I don't argue, I drive points.

It really doesn't matter where your bloodline leads you, what I'm saying is, Yorubaland borders are the only ones closed and the decision was made by a non-Yoruba when we are tribal people. Are the English the ones making decisions on Scottish or Irish borders area with other countries? So why should Yoruba allow this? It's ok to be in the same country if I'm in charge of my territory and you are in charge of yours and meet in the middle for general affairs. Right now it's a marriage of convenience and Yoruba are the ones being used to sustain useless regions of Nigeria.
obidark:

okay....i dont want to argue with you....
but if it happens that my blood contain some yoruba dna,then you will have trouble with our ancestors....!!
that is garanted,believe you me....!!
things is this world are not that easy....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
.ask me again.

adjust to what....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
I don't argue, I drive points.

It really doesn't matter where your bloodline leads you, what I'm saying is, Yorubaland borders are the only ones closed and the decision was made by a non-Yoruba when we are tribal people. Are the English the ones making decisions on Scottish or Irish border sarea with another country? So why should Yoruba allow this? It's ok to be in the same country if I'm in charge of my territory and you are in charge of yours.

what the hell are you talkin about....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by ehissi(m): 7:17am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

I smell painmemt. Please, help us beg Ghana to retaliate, if Ghana doesn't nose dive into a recession in less than 6months, call me Oye fii......

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

The goods we import from Benin,( Rice.) Are they produced in Benin. Capital No
When Rice is imported from Thailand to Benin ( Who gets the import duty <{ Benin) govt.
And who are the consumers of 90% of such Rice ? ( Nigeria) You shortchange our Government. When it only takes 3/ 4 months to plant the same rice locally here

You're right

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Grow some sense Charlie. The fact that Ghana buys more from Nigeria shows they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. Its not about us exporting $303m to them yearly its about them accepting to buy $303m worth of our exports yearly and this shows Ghana needs Nigerian goods far more.

Ever since the border closure the cedi has lost 8 points in value and keeps getting worse. This is the major reason Ghana is pleading for the border to be reopened. The border closure has affected the entire Africa in some way since Nigeria is the most populous black Nation and the chief consumer of exports from other African countries which in turn adds to their economy while taking away from ours.

We just sneezed once and you are all complaining. What would them happen if we develop whooping cough?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by AuroraB(f): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:
First time Buhari go do something good.. I'm proud to be a Nigeria
You are Africa embarassed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Mkmoney:
So truly we re the GIANT OF AFRICA
giant Of Africa the Way Things Are Going?
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

adjust to what....??
Keep asking
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2019
ehissi:

I smell painmemt. Please, help us beg Ghana to retaliate, if Ghana doesn't nose dive into a recession in less than 6months, call me Oye fii......

tahh....let the rest collapse....only our area inwest africa should be doing somehow well....

would you miss this ghanaians to start with....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Keep asking

wats ya problem....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Ikem11(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

Will you keep quiet! That Nigeria remained calm when their citizens shops were closed doesn't mean they are handicapped.

If by any means Nigeria decide to look Ghana as enemy you guys are finished and not only you cos if we retaliate the heat willl affect all ecowas countries.

You Ghanians should get your chill pills cos we only closed borders for goods smugglers.. Genuine country goods still pass the border with good investigation.

Why crying unless you smuggling goods into Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by 360command: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
the goods like textiles and spare parts or cars that Nigerians import into Ghana from Nigeria
are they made in Nigeria or they come from China ?

yet Ghana is not closing it borders because we have an effective way to tax those products .

there is Togo right becide Ghana
they also have a free port

and Ghana hasn't even complained
You have to make yourself competitive and stop blaming other people.

Nigerians go to the market and decide to buy foreign rice over local ones
no one makes those choices for them.

Today, local rice in Ghana is a big thing because it is cheaper and well polished and taste better
so people buy it, it doesnt mean we dont buy foreign rice.

textile is a contraband goods in Nigeria.. so any textile product entering Nigeria is smuggled from Benin .

Spare parts are not contraband. Motor vehicles above 15years are contraband.

Nigeria makes textiles, Nigeria also makes some spare parts which are made in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Xano(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

Interesting

We do not share border with you guys. Nigeria land border was closed, you are complaining to the extent to ban all goods from here.

There are seaports for route of entry, but you complain as if Nigerian goods are not affected also.

Volume of goods to both countries are not equal. I know some of your goods which are affected, same as Nigeria.
I, among others, know of goods Nigerians in Ghana deal on.

Dude, do not insult your market; it's foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2019
Isinweke:

You're right

how can benin be amongst the largest importer of rice in the world....??
that,doesnt even make sense....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 7:23am On Oct 20, 2019
What the hell does it sound like? You heard it loud and clear! Yorubaland is carrying too much burden you ingrates are not even appreciative of.
obidark:

what the hell are you talkin about....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

That your broken rice that turns to milk at the end of the day? Your rice is so ridiculously wack that the best rice in ghana is times 4 the cost of rice in Nigeria. I spit facts charlie. Your rice is super wack. Cook it for even 10mins and it will turn to paste or milk. The other kind of rice you have needs to be cooked for almost an hour because the more you cook it, the harder it gets and you need to keep adding water to ensure it cooks evenly otherwise some part will be cooked while the other part will be hard.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
yet Ghana is still highly developed than your entire Nigeria

Ghana developed? I laugh in Fanti grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Ikem11:

Will you keep quiet! That Nigeria remained calm when their citizens shops were closed doesn't mean they are handicapped.

If by any means Nigeria decide to look Ghana as enemy you guys are finished and not only you cos if we retaliate the heat willl affect all ecowas countries.

You Ghanians should get your chill pills cos we only closed borders for goods smugglers.. Genuine country goods still pass the border with good investigation.

Why crying unless you smuggling goods into Nigeria

ask am....
we have a word for this kind of people....:
criminals...!!

yahoo yahoo....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by joegab: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

We don't care about these trash that even tiny country like Ghana always humiliate our people. By the grace of God we have all it takes to be self sufficient, most importantly we have population ,to hell with Ghana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Ghana developed? I laugh in Fanti grin

chei,i met this ghanaians on that thread,kenya is better than nigerians....

they argue very unreasonable....

not even children reason like them....

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2019
What's Benin doing on this list?

2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
feed on this cos your coward government have already agreed to open the borders for only Ghanaian trucks inside and outside Nigeria cos they know the implications if they try anything stupid with us.GUTA is still not happy and wants your goods banned and you will be crying xenophobia and ECOWAS very soon you zoo creature. And why don't you screenshot your stupid zoo phone for us.Do you even have light in your kiosk.Have you ever experienced 24 hours electricity before.Don't let me charge on you boy.

They did not agree based on your lies. its pure sibling encouragement which we have always given to Ghana. You are surrounded on every side by french speaking countries who detest you to the core because you are more of English speakers same with nigeria. The only big brother you have who truly cares for you in ecowas is Nigeria and this is why we do not want your people to die of hunger which is why we gave you this concession.

Ghanaians prefer Nigerian products any day any time because your products NEVER meet up with international standards yet are expensive. You all want to make wad through ridiculous exploitation of each other as ghanaians.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:31am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
What the hell does it sound like? You heard it loud and clear! Yorubaland is carrying too much burden you ingrates are not even appreciative of.

who you dey call ingrates here....!!??

thunda scatter your yoruba head their....!! angry angry
who the fvck you think you are,mr yoruba man....??!!

stfu....!!!! angry angry
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by aminusodiq(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

so if dey have no problem with it as u claimed. why are dey crying? .... our people shld b d one protesting.... not ur GUTA or PUTA ni!!!... by d way wat at u doing on nairaland??... is it a Ghana site too!!!!??

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

By December when you can't avoid a litre of PMS in Ghana, you will know Nigeria is truly your colonial master

The closure forced them to increase the pump price of PMS recently. The thing is hitting them hard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by IamCharles123: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

Don't forget to tell them to boycott our gas too o. Happy boycotting.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2019
seankafor:
that's what am talking about grin
Feed me more cries shocked

Who is ya daddy now undecided

Grow up
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by rigarmortis: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

Ghana imports to nugeria means a lot to them considering their lesser population. Nigerian exports to Ghana is what some corrupt minister keeps in his overhead tank.

I have done numerous research and still can't fathom how Nigeria is still surviving, so forget about Ghana shutting Nigeria down. The only thing you guys can do is kill some innocent people and take over their 400 shops, see if you can manage them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by proprince(m): 7:33am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

You need some sense guy.
You are lame

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by golddust6000(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
hahaha

there is nothing like infrastructure development index

dont get confused grin grin grin grin

the whole of Nigeria infrastructure does not match even that of a regional capital in Ghana so hash it

development is about the people
its a social thing

you cant claim developed when 50% of your population is starving.

and that is why Ghana has a higher Human development Index than Nigeria
That is why Ghana has a higher per capita income than Nigeria
gdp per capita are same.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Galadimabawa: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2019
Goldencheese:

I share your sentiments. Na just ordinary border we close and they are shouting, if we ban their goods and citizens from entering our country, the United Nations will come and beg Nigeria. I thought they've been boasting now that they are better than Nigeria. Ordinary border, and everywhere is shaking. If they annoy us, we will just padlock the place and throw the key away. Lol. grin grin grin
Oga sir, easy Abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ / Photos Of Soldiers Guarding & Assisting Zabarmari People Harvest Farm Produce / Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.