Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63222 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:

what is Nigeria purchasing power grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha
do you really want to compare that to Ghana

please dont be dumb to argue on something you'll never understand

Purchasing power in Ghana is 2 to 3 times what you have in Nigeria.

Even you government knows that your population is not an asset because half of it is extremely poor

Will you stop with your lies. Purchasing power in Ghana is 3 times LESS than what you have in Nigeria. I live in Ghana and so i know. Your country is so unnecessarily foolish that it has forced its own people to be reliant on Charcoal and firewood and pit toilets even in the cities. This is just so the people can cut down expenses on LPG and water bills.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Harlem2(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Olami112:

Let the foolish foreign countries who takes all this Africans countries over us they see.
How important Nigeria is.
This border stuff is a message.

From my search , Nigeria import products more than any other African countries.
Which makes us important to them, for there GDP, but they still take us for guaranteed.

Ghana free visa to USA, SA etc
But they see Nigeria as in important country.

So let them start see , how important we re

For real
shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by durangokid: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.
. What is all this retaliation bullshit, let GUTA try anything they want let us see, not issue of hate, Nigeria only sneezed Ghana economy is now shaking, this is even when nobody or country is targeted, let them start economy war or sabotage on Nigeria you can bet me Ghana will collapsed within six months, in as much as some Nigerian business men will be affected but Ghana economy will see hell, Nigeria does not produce anything that need to be sold in Ghana, Dangote us even selling in Ghana at the rate of 800 Naira while he is selling in Nigeria above 2000, because of his greed if you like you can stop buying his cement, it doesn't even concern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by wirinet(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

I am highly disappointed by your stance on this issue. Nigeria is hemorrhaging from our borders, and instead of you guys to understand and help profer a solution, you are threatening trade war. You even said you have similar issues with Togo, I expected you work with Nigeria diplomatically to solve the problem.
Do you know the damage the western and Northern borders are doing to our economy? Are you aware that we import (and pay subsidiaries on 40 million litres of petrol everyday) one would think we drink petrol like alcohol. Since the border closure, our fuel consumption is said to reduce to 30 million litres per day. Imagine multiplying 10 million by N50 subsidy everyday (apart from depleting our foreign reserves from the actual importation). Then there is the vexatious issue of using Benin and Togo as a transit point for smuggling all sorts of goods into Nigeria, cars, rice, poultry, second hand clothing including socks and bra, etc. The smuggling activities undermine all government policies. No other country in this world would endure the kinds of sabotage to its economy as being done by our neighbours.

You are saying the same falsehood that enemies of Nigeria are propagating, that Nigeria banned importation from other countries. This is very far from the truth. What was banned was importation through the land borders (for now). Ghana, being our closest west African brother should look for ways of addressing our concerns by suggesting alternative solutions, like creating a fool proof corridor or using shipping lanes, instead of threatening and emotional rants.

Believe me the $300 million yearly trade Nigeria does with Ghana pales into insignificance, when compared to the daily damage to our economy by smuggling.

14 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Bestbeelieve: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2019
when as a country you lack the basic infrastructure for self sufficiency!!!! and do not even understand a thing about trade, Do you know how many companies relocated from this sxxxxht You sign trade agreements for free trade then you shut your borders!! !!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:39am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Ghana economy is bigger than nigerian petty traders trading smuggle goods

If Ghana is a El Dorado and self sufficient as you want us to believe,why don't you simply ignore whatever we do with our border? The rate at which you are barking up and down like a mad dog here shows that something is terribly eating you and your Ghana up!

I honestly don't blame you but those my countrymen who dignify a low life ugly dwarf Ghanaian like you by responding to your fooleries. Even if the economy of your pygmy enclave is bigger than that of the United State,our borders remain closed and no amount of threats,real or imaginary, will make us open them for the benefits of parasitic neighbours.

Now go away,your ugliness irritates me please.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by winterfell007(m): 7:42am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
the goods like textiles and spare parts or cars that Nigerians import into Ghana from Nigeria
are they made in Nigeria or they come from China ?

yet Ghana is not closing it borders because we have an effective way to tax those products .

there is Togo right becide Ghana
they also have a free port

and Ghana hasn't even complained
You have to make yourself competitive and stop blaming other people.

Nigerians go to the market and decide to buy foreign rice over local ones
no one makes those choices for them.

Today, local rice in Ghana is a big thing because it is cheaper and well polished and taste better
so people buy it, it doesnt mean we dont buy foreign rice.

This is the only point I agree with coming from a Nigerian like me. We've got to make ourselves competitive. Protectionism policy of the Buhari's administration will kill innovation which sparks development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Chukapage(m): 7:42am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

you wan take ghanaians serious....!!??

people that cancel zeros from their currency....??
guy leave that ghanian St**pid noismaker they are mad. I was talking of a different thing altogether.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by mildflame: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally clChaed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Charlie will you SHATAP? Ghana economy is just like Kano state and you are making noise everywhere better close this dirty mouth of yours if you don't want to die of hunger
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
You can look Chinese and call yourself a Sudanese, it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

The borders in question are Yoruba borders locked by non-Yoruba, and locking some Yoruba out in the process.

We are cultural people and God made us different people for a reason, so embrace your identity, we all know 'one Nigeria ' is about stealing from Yoruba and nothing else.
But Katsina/ Niger border too is closed now? Abi you didn't see that on news too?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Ghana na koun3? Abeg where e de?
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

If Ghana is a El Dorado and self sufficient as you want us to believe,why don't you simply ignore whatever we do with our border? The rate at which you are barking up and down like a mad dog here shows that something is terribly eating you and your Ghana up!

I honestly don't blame you but those my countrymen who dignify a low life ugly dwarf Ghanaian like you by responding to your fooleries. Even if the economy of your pygmy enclave is bigger than that of the United State,our borders remain closed and no amount of threats,real or imaginary, will make us open them for the benefits of parasitic neighbours.

if they don wan be reasonable,then their matter will become something else....
it starts with trade wars,then continues with real wars....!!
our armies are ready and very angry.... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Goldencheese(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Galadimabawa:

Oga sir, easy Abeg.

You are very funny, abeg! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Chukapage:
guy leave that ghanian St**pid noismaker they are mad. I was talking of a different thing altogether.

don min dem....
how can you be canceling zeros from your currencie....??
its not gonna change your buy power in anyway....

silly people....

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2019
Harlem2:
That's how Giant do...... grin grin grin
But some people said Ghana is more developed

Not true, they just have much better maintenance culture, less profligacy and less wanton wastage.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

how can benin be amongst the largest importer of rice in the world....??
that,doesnt even make sense....!!
That's what we are saying. They import it down to Benin. Pay import duty to Benin government and smuggle the same rice (90% )to Nigeria without paying a damn as import duty to Nigeria govt

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by wirinet(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2019
winterfell007:

This is the only point I agree with coming from a Nigerian like me. We've got to make ourselves competitive. Protectionism policy of the Buhari's administration will kill innovation which sparks development
I say you guys only regurgitate economic theories you read in text books, you have no idea of how it works in the real world.
Most countries of the world employ protectionist policies. Donald Trump is a hardliners protectionist. He has imposed tarrifs on almost all goods coming into the US. He does not believe in free trade and open borders. Same with China. China is over protectionist. You cannot import anything freely into China, not even technology. It is only weak developing nations that the western developed countries through the world Bank and IMF tries to force to open their borders to free trade.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Ola17: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

okay....i dont want to argue with you....
but if it happens that my blood contain some yoruba dna,then you will have trouble with our ancestors....!!
that is garanted,believe you me....!!
things is this world are not that easy....

No reason matter with that guy abeg. We know his type.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Babaken(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2019
Johans1991:
u are wrong we have the market.
With population of over 200 million u know how powerful we are in d international market
stop reasoning upside down do you think Nigeria Alone buy those made in Nigeria good's or imported goods all the surrounding countries patronized Nigeria market the same way Nigeria patronized other countries we all need each other. Ghana make enough Money from their land borders same with Togo I don't know about Benin republic is because their borders and custom are well organize. Nigeria has more custom on the road yet they complaining of smuggling what are those customs doing there. If foreign rice Turkey are the problem why not put laws that Will scared people way from smuggling it into the country like five years in prison for any driver found with one bowl of rice or a kilo of Turkey and after six months any shop within the country that is selling foreign rice or Turkey will be close down you tell me if it will not work.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by adenigga(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Harlem2:
That's how Giant do...... grin grin grin
But some people said Ghana is more developed

If they are developed why are they now crying. More so, we don't share land border with them, so let them transact their business through seaport.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

No reason matter with that guy abeg. We know his type.

am happy that people like you are still around....

or else i will go crazy....!!
alot of things dont make sense in this world....

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2019
madenigga:
Nigeria did not ban any country's produce, Nigeria only said if u want to trade use the sea port. I am even surprised Ghana is complaining.

The country that should complain that me self is even pitying is Niger republic, they are landlocked and can't export to our sea ports.

I even did some more research I found out that Niger republic is very poor, imagine being in the heart of the Sahara desert with no money and poverty everywhere.

Ghana is like they have a grudge towards Nigeria they have not even understood the notion behind the policy and they want to retaliate, not just retaliating they want to ban made in Nigeria goods... LoL

They there they pity them while they live better than you, their passport is stronger than yours, they are living better than Nigerians in many ways, more than 80% of people from Chad and Niger Republic are Nigeria claiming Northerners

They have oil too and they export food like rice and beans to Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWlM_-R5P4

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jetro033: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2019
seunmsg:
The trade unionist are just clowns. Two of their top ministers are in Nigeria begging almost anybody that is ready to listen to them and these union clowns are talking about banning made in Nigeria goods. They better not allow us rescind the decision to create a temporary corridor for Ghanaian goods.

Nigeria has not banned importation of goods from any country, so, why ban our products? When we say Nigeria is the giant of Africa, some of these tiny countries come here to argue with us. We closed our land borders for just some few weeks now and they are all crying. Even Ghana that has no land border with Nigeria is crying. Who is now their Daddy?
Stop deceiving yourself with the word Giant

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by femolii: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal Yoruba nation? A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization, they'd rather be pashiwobowobo around their inferiors. Shouldn't Yoruba be making rules regarding their own borders? How can you put all your decision making in the hand of those who are not part of your language, culture and values, and say you are not dead or slaves?
Where is sense na or yoruba man collect your wife? you really need care because you dey sick for brain.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by GoldHorse(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2019
I beg o! Wetin "consign" Charlie nah? Our land border reach that side too?! Ayam nut understands walahi!

Who dem slap who dey shout "yeepa"!!!

I thought one guy was here shouting Nigeria has lost her powers sometimes ago.

No be ban o just common land border closure and THE WHOLE ECONOMY OF SOME AFRICAN COUNTRIES ARE COLLAPSING?!

Proudly Naija!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Just30: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

then count the money you are making from other countries as a parasite state gone for good

when the recession starts
hope you stay in your country and chew grass
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2019
When have you thanked Yoruba for putting Nigeria on the map?

Everything you brag about in Nigeria is something that came about from Yoruba.

The border we are talking about is Yoruba. I'm all that and a bag of chips!

Wherever you go it's the Yoruba achievements you show off to the world, Yoruba world stands alone unrivaled in Nigeria. May Sopona strike you!
obidark:

who you dey call ingrates here....!!??

thunda scatter your yoruba head their....!! angry angry
who the fvck you think you are,mr yoruba man....??!!

stfu....!!!! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Thegoodone13(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2019
They should go a head. Nigeria is the largest population in African. We can survive without selling our product to them. Many company relocate to Ghana and the target buyer is Nigerian. Closure of borders is the best things for Nigeria. If PMB will do like China, he will close borders for all goods not only rice and vehicle. China did it and it work for them. We can Start producing everything in Nigeria by ourselves. If we close borders all the company that is producing what we are consumed in Nigeria will come and establish their company in Nigeria and people will get job.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by adenigga(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2019
Babaken:
stop reasoning upside down do you think Nigeria Alone buy those made in Nigeria good's or imported goods all the surrounding countries patronized Nigeria market the same way Nigeria patronized other countries we all need each other. Ghana make enough Money from their land borders same with Togo I don't know about Benin republic is because their borders and custom are well organize. Nigeria has more custom on the road yet they complaining of smuggling what are those customs doing there. If foreign rice Turkey are the problem why not put laws that Will scared people way from smuggling it into the country like five years in prison for any driver found with one bowl of rice or a kilo of Turkey and after six months any shop within the country that is selling foreign rice or Turkey will be close down you tell me if it will not work.

Ghana make enough Money from their land borders same with Togo I don't know about Benin republic is because their borders and custom are well organize. Nigeria has more custom on the road yet they complaining of smuggling what are those customs doing there.

The temporary border closure is one of the measures put in place to checkmate smuggling activities & also to let our customs sit-up.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by onpoint69(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

the quality of that rice is inferior to that which we consume here, Nigeria is the only country in Africa that eats parboiled rice.. go find out.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Babaken:

you dont make sense....
if some ghanaians import rice from abroad and smuggle it into nigeria and your ghana goverment that sighned ecowas protocols does nothing against it,isnt that something to be concerned about....??

we are talkin about criminals here,and not the ol ghana per se....!!
but if its a fight you ghanaians want,a fight una will get....!!

we nigerians like to fight....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Daughter Celebrates Her 46 Birthday / President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.