Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63224 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by 360command: 6:48am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.
I understand you, if we all go by this, Ghana will loose.. if everyone is to ban, withdraw, Ghana economy shakes...all this retaliation attack won't help anybody..besides, Ghana is not directly affected by the border closure...

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by PhyllsBaba(m): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:

what is Nigeria purchasing power grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha
do you really want to compare that to Ghana

please dont be dumb to argue on something you'll never understand

Purchasing power in Ghana is 2 to 3 times what you have in Nigeria.

Even you government knows that your population is not an asset because half of it is extremely poor

Weh done the 'Reesh Reesh Yung Niqqur' �

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by danot1030: 6:50am On Oct 20, 2019
surgical:
how is it good please explain

Will Buhari ever do anything you will approve good?

If it's Atiku that sold your inheritance to his friends and rules you from Dubai you will sing his praise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2019
You can look Chinese and call yourself a Sudanese, it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

The borders in question are Yoruba borders locked by non-Yoruba, and locking some Yoruba out in the process.

We are cultural people and God made us different people for a reason, so embrace your identity, we all know 'one Nigeria ' is about stealing from Yoruba and nothing else.
obidark:

what the hell are you talkin about....??

it could be,i have some yoruba dna in me,heck it could be many igbos have some yoruba dna in them too....!!
i saw alot of igbos that look somehow yoruba....but they identifie themselves as igbos....!!

soo,stop the crap....!!
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Babaken(m): 6:52am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
the goods like textiles and spare parts or cars that Nigerians import into Ghana from Nigeria
are they made in Nigeria or they come from China ?

yet Ghana is not closing it borders because we have an effective way to tax those products .

there is Togo right becide Ghana
they also have a free port

and Ghana hasn't even complained
You have to make yourself competitive and stop blaming other people.

Nigerians go to the market and decide to buy foreign rice over local ones
no one makes those choices for them.

Today, local rice in Ghana is a big thing because it is cheaper and well polished and taste better
so people buy it, it doesnt mean we dont buy foreign rice.

what you said is just the fact let's put sentiment aside.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by RTSC: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Lagos market is smaller than the market in Tema alone
I hope you know Lagos is the fifth largest economy in Africa with a budget bigger than Rwanda and most African countries?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Olami112: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2019
Isinweke:

The stuffs you smuggle to Nigeria are not on records

Abeg let everyone just ingnore that physco or what ever name He called himself.
Abeg just ignore.
Don't you know his one of those people that smuggled in goods to Nigeria from Ghana

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Princedapace(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2019
seunmsg:
The trade unionist are just clowns. Two of their top ministers are in Nigeria begging almost anybody that is ready to listen to them and these union clowns are talking about banning made in Nigeria goods. They better not allow us rescind the decision to create a temporary corridor for Ghanaian goods.

Nigeria has not banned importation of goods from any country, so, why ban our products? When we say Nigeria is the giant of Africa, some of these tiny countries come here to argue with us. We closed our land borders for just some few weeks now and they are all crying. Even Ghana that has no land border with Nigeria is crying. Who is now their Daddy?

This post is fine until you mentioned giant of Africa.. U need to understand that ur country, Nigeria is located in west Africa. The fact u had many likes show how much our people know. That is why our leaders keep playing with our heads. But for people who don't know west Africa is weak in terms of development in africa. If u are using issue that happened in west africa to judge the entire continent, then u have a long way to go. Nigeria is giant of west Africa, yes, but not giant of Africa. Your country wouldnt have gone to South Africa to negotiate even after their people dealt with Nigerians. The giant of Africa is south Africa, followed by Egypt, followed by Morocco. Kenya's and Nigeria may be next. We need to know the truth before our leaders will be washing our heads with such lies like they have told us many times while they struggle with the most basic things of live. Wesr africa is made up useless countries just like Nigeria. How many made in Nigerian goods Ghana wants to ban when Nigeria sef is lacking Made in Nigerian goods. No decent country will shake due to border closure if they were doing business the right way. These west african countries dont do business the right way.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
You can look Chinese and call yourself a Sudanese, it has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

The borders in question are Yoruba borders locked by non-Yoruba, and locking some Yoruba out in the process.

We are cultural people and God made us different people for a reason, so embrace your identity, we all know 'one Nigeria ' is about stealing from Yoruba and nothing else.

okay....i dont want to argue with you....
but if it happens that my blood contain some yoruba dna,then you will have trouble with our ancestors....!!
that is garanted,believe you me....!!
things is this world are not that easy....
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by kheny12(m): 6:59am On Oct 20, 2019
Oriyomin25:
If I Have Learnt Something About D Social Media It's D Fact That Someone That Can't Even Feed 2 Mouth Will Come Bragging And Creating Unreal Personality Just To Feel Important In D Fake World... But Then When U Said Ur Stay In Naija Was Horrific, U Mean After U Hawk Puff Puff In The Street Of Lagos U No Save Anything B4 U Return To Ghana
Bro don't mind the idiot,Who is Ghana beside Nigeria.They just envy Nigeria and I hate them too.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Nwadiuto247:
Noisy Ghana, finally humbled
This is what humility looks like to you

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by West2019(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.
hahahahaha where this one come from you really dnt knw what you are saying .let me just put this into ur empty brain .only Lagos can feed Ghana for 200 years belive or u leave it ,we dnt need you people goods

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Princedapace:

This post is fine until you mentioned giant of Africa.. U need to understand that ur country, Nigeria is located in west Africa. The fact u had many likes show how much our people know. That is why our leaders keep playing with our heads. But for people who don't know west Africa is weak in terms of development in africa. If u are using issue that happened in west africa to judge the entire continent, then u have a long way to go. Nigeria is giant of west Africa, yes, but not giant of Africa. Your country wouldnt have gone to South Africa to negotiate even after their people dealt with Nigerians. The giant of Africa is south Africa, followed by Egypt, followed by Morocco. Kenya's and Nigeria may be next. We need to know the truth before our leaders will be washing our heads with such lies like they have told us many times while they struggle with the most basic things of live. Wesr africa is made up useless countries just like Nigeria. How many made in Nigerian goods Ghana wants to ban when Nigeria sef is lacking Made in Nigerian goods. No decent country will shake due to border closure if they were doing business the right way. These west african countries dont do business the right way.

you wrong....if nigeria close up,all of una are finished....!!
francophone nations(and their are many and muslim) all have their money in france....!!

if na another run for africa una want,we nigerians will not stop una wish....

f una....!!
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by RTSC: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2019
I still don't know why past governments did not target those companies previously in Nigeria that left for Ghana.
Most of them insulted us by still exporting to Nigeria from Ghana.

The moment they left, we should have made it a covert national and regional policy that those companies die a natural death.

14 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by lanrex101: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal Yoruba nation? A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization, they'd rather be pashiwobowobo around their inferiors. Shouldn't Yoruba be making rules regarding their own borders? How can you put all your decision making in the hand of those who are not part of your language, culture and values, and say you are not dead or slaves?
Wetin dis one dey talk?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obi58: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Ghana economy is bigger than nigerian petty traders trading smuggle goods

I'm Nigerian and I've followed many of your comments and have to admit in many cases you are right. The standard of living in Ghana may be better but in no way can you say Ghana is a bigger economic power than Nigeria. You know it and I know it. The major reason why infrastructure wise Ghana is better than Nigeria is simply because of one thing: CORRUPTION.

You talk of 24/7 electricity in your country but forget your electricity is supplied from Nigeria. You can imagine the impact on your economy of a shutdown in our gas supply.

You should even be thanking Nigeria for the current status of your economy because if not for the Ghana must go episode of the 80s many Ghanaians would not have gone home to transform their economic fortunes.

As for the land border closure, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a big joke because the borders cannot be closed forever.

What the government should be focused on is how to reduce the final cost to market of Made in Nigeria goods to make them more competitive as we have a big enough domestic market for there to be a significant positive economic impact if more Nigerians patronise locally made goods if they are cheaper and better made.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Isinweke:
Nigeria closed their borders, meaning good/products are not going out of Nigeria illegally, so what are Ghanaian traders trying to ban?

If they know how Nigerian products enter their country, they should send theirs through same means
Tyey are talking of Nigerian brands even those made in Ghana like Dangote cement
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by shevon: 7:05am On Oct 20, 2019
They should also ban the import of Nigerian Gas too and power their own electricity turbines with gas from their own wells. Awọn oni gbèsè, If everybody dey complain, no be Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

This is what humility looks like to you

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

i dont think ghana would be lauging that much years to come if the borders remain closed....

we have a tribe that is very good in bypassin complicated situations....and they are called igbos....!!

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by johnmattew: 7:08am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Lagos market is smaller than the market in Tema alone
this is the dumbest comment since the beginning of this year...does this e-diot know that Lagos economy (GDP) is 2x larger than that of Ghana or ghana and Kenya combined?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:08am On Oct 20, 2019
Princedapace:

They dont know. There is no evidence that the border closure sef has ruined the economy of other states. You are right . That's why the country is where it is
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Samson3600(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2019
Let's Africa trade war started from here.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Samson3600(m): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Let's Africa trade war started from here. Am tired of china USA trade war.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by RTSC: 7:09am On Oct 20, 2019
They should also ban all our all banks
and companies creating innovation and massive employment for Ghanaians.

They should also the ban the silverbird cinemas and galleria they love very much that made cinemas possible in ghana.

They should also ban Nigerian students wasting their money by schooling in their substandard universities.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2019
seankafor:
I feed on your cries..

I love to see you wail and cry with this ur screenshots from you low end phone.

You keep bringing same screenshots to every post whilst crying and yearning on top only border we close..

Now cry me some more tongue..

The border remains closed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by West2019(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.
them.why are you.people crying , we are not going to open the border .this just dey beginning .

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

i dont think ghana would be lauging that much years to come if the borders remain closed....

we have a tribe that is very good in bypassin complicated situations....and they are called igbos....!!
They will be fine. They will simply adjust. There are other markets in West Africa . In fact what I fear is other WAfrican countries will unite and most likely isolate your country.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Samson3600:
Let's Africa trade war started from here. Am tired of china USA trade war.

its surprisin and new....
something like this couldnt have happened 20years ago....

this is a clear indication that pan africana is not workin....
look at south africa for example....:
they went and make a defence-alliance with china,brazil and others....
peoples that have no connection with the african continent....!!

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by emfem(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Nigeria should withdrawn electricity supply to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 7:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

They will be fine. They will simply adjust. There are other markets in West Africa . In fact what I fear is other WAfrican countries will unite and most likely isolate your country.

adjust to what....??
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Jaqenhghar: 7:14am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

adjust to what....??
.ask me again.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by koresh: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2019
Wetin Nigeria dey produse wey Ghana dey import..lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Daughter Celebrates Her 46 Birthday / Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away / President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.