Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330231 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Mac2016(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2022
maker1234567:
Port Harcourt based aspiring and professional Data Scientist/Python Programmers, can we form a community? . Mayb create a whatsapp group and once in while we can meet up.
Thnks
I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by HelperDeji(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
Please I want to know about Data Science anybody here that can put me through from the scratch?
Please ��

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Excallibur(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2022
Please what's the easiest approach to working with complicated nested Jason files, the thing dey twist my brain
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2022
ok, happy new year friends. just a quick one. do we have different type of data analyst for different industries?

I see some materials data analysis for accounting, data analysis for healthcare.
I just need insight into this. and a common ground for them all. @ejiod and other gurus over to you all.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Felixitie(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
Eromzi:
ok, happy new year friends. just a quick one. do we have different type of data analyst for different industries?

I see some materials data analysis for accounting, data analysis for healthcare.
I just need insight into this. and a common ground for them all. @ejiod and other gurus over to you all.

Imo, that's where domain knowledge or expertise comes in, but the same analytical ideas or tools still work across different industries.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oyehomie(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
davidhalo89:

Hello I am also in the growing phase in data science and also feel I need a partner for that extra push how can we link up
Alright.... Oyehoms@gmail.com ....send a hi...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lovelybobo: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
Eromzi:

The same dataset can be used by different industries to achieve different results depending on what they set out to achieve.
Healthcare use of financial data is different from tech use of financial data and also different from finance industry use financial data.
You will need to pick an industry of choice somewhere along the line. This is called Subject Matter Knowledge or Expert.

Shalom...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Oyehomie:

Alright.... Oyehoms@gmail.com ....send a hi...
Alright I would send a message sir

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Tenshades(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Page 1 to 112 thoroughly read in 4 days.

Thanks to the OP, enthusiastic analysts, and every contributor on this thread.

You guys are great!

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 5:44am On Jan 05, 2022
wisdomremz:
already started my journey into data science, prior before now I had a mentor(my cousin) who is a data scientist in Australia who talked extensively on data science and gave various tools necessary. So I brushed through excel by taking some course like analysing data using excel and other courses on Edx(videos) then currently learning sql using sql server express learnt basics using w3schools and sqlzoo which am done, practicing using ssms and sample database like(adventureworks and northwind) so refreshing. Also I have some PDFs book having questions and problem from beginner to advance on the sample database listed, once am done I will also take some courses on edX. Afterwards would move into python and other tools.

just wanted to share my journey for the past one month. thanks Ejiod and other contributors.

if you are also on this journey into the world of data science quote me, let's relate �

Good morning boss, I just came across this. Please kindly mentor me on how to start.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 5:55am On Jan 05, 2022
IceColdVeins:
Kashif! its in .pdf

Good morning boss, how can I get this book sir. Can u send me the pdf file please. I will really appreciate

Jessenonso-at-gmaildotcom.

Thanks boss
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 6:15am On Jan 05, 2022
wisdomremz:

they are grouped
just about 40-50 videos is important..

Good morning, is it excel statistical analysis?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by schopps: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
maker1234567:
Port Harcourt based aspiring and professional Data Scientist/Python Programmers, can we form a community? . Mayb create a whatsapp group and once in while we can meet up.
Thnks
Hi. I'm interested.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by AnalysisGuru: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
Excallibur:
Please what's the easiest approach to working with complicated nested Jason files, the thing dey twist my brain
Why not use Pyspark
Or better still Unnest them with big query
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by 2horsePOWER(m): 6:25am On Jan 06, 2022
afuye:
Thanks so much !

Is this still available?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Micholo5(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics,
Which one will you recommend for someone aspiring to be a data scientist as degree program?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Micholo5:
Which one will you recommend for someone aspiring to be a data scientist as degree program?
Computer science.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jesse8048(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
maker1234567:
Thnks

Good one, I'm interested.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 7:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
ebixy:

Computer science.

Why not Mathematics & Statistics? Why Computer Science? What has Computer Science gat to do with Data Science?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
mbhs139:

Why not Mathematics & Statistics? Why Computer Science? What has Computer Science gat to do with Data Science?
Computer science will give you a very good foundation in Programming, Data structures and algorithm, and a host of other important concepts you will need in data science.

Data science is majorly programming, your knowledge of mathematics and statistics won't be useful if you cannot implement it in a programming language.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mikebabs101: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
ebixy:

Computer science will give you a very good foundation in Programming, Data structures and algorithm, and a host of other important concepts you will need in data science.

Data science is majorly programming, your knowledge of mathematics and statistics won't be useful if you cannot implement it in a programming language.
To be sincere, data science and analysis is not that deep . A good foundation in statistics is the best cos one will be using more of excel, tableau and power bi and sql with A moderate knowledge of python .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Utonwanne(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hello guys;
Please I need your help...

So I ordered HP Folio 9470; 8G RAM; 500GB

I was delivered with 4G RAM; 300GB; Corei5

My question now is if this Laptop can conveniently run all these Apps for Data Science?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Excallibur(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeo1K3hjS3us_ELKYSj_Fth2tIEkdKXvV this youtube playlist is a complete data science course from scratch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Micholo5(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
ebixy:

Computer science.

Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Excallibur(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2022
Utonwanne:
Hello guys;
Please I need your help...

So I ordered HP Folio 9470; 8G RAM; 500GB

I was delivered with 4G RAM; 300GB; Corei5

My question now is if this Laptop can conveniently run all these Apps for Data Science? Yes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 3:53am On Jan 09, 2022
ebixy:

What the Bleep do you mean by Data Science is "majorly programming"?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
Raalsalghul:

What the Bleep do you mean by Data Science is "majorly programming"?
I hope you know the difference between Data analyst and Data Scientist? If you know, you won't ask the question you just asked.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
mikebabs101:
To be sincere, data science and analysis is not that deep . A good foundation in statistics is the best cos one will be using more of excel, tableau and power bi and sql with A moderate knowledge of python .
What you listed above is the job of data analyst which is still included in the job of a data scientist. But data science goes beyond that, data science includes advanced statistics, predictive analytics, advanced object oriented programming, and using tools like hadoop, tensorflow and others. You will need knowledge of statistical modelling and algorithm because you will be dealing with very large data sets. You might also have to deal with machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining etc

In summary, data analysis is a branch of data science.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DAramis: 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
GidiCars:

If you use Telegram, buzz me. I will share you a link where you can get courses for free, and the website where you can download PDFs for free. Lots of freebies on the internet bro. I sometimes wonder why people pay for songs, movies and stuff online when you can just wait a little and get them for free
Sent you a Pm regarding to this.
I mean everything you stated... books, songs, pdf, udemy paid account you are using and how to go about it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
Micholo5:

Statistics

That’s my course and my journey into data science has started
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Headlaw(m): 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mac2016:

I'm interested.

I’m interested
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by GidiCars: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
DAramis:

Sent you a Pm regarding to this.
I mean everything you stated... books, songs, pdf, udemy paid account you are using and how to go about it.

Chart me on here with what you want, I might be able to help you out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.