Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (331373 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
Felixitie:

Imo, that's where domain knowledge or expertise comes in, but the same analytical ideas or tools still work across different industries.
ok tnks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2022
maker1234567:
Port Harcourt based aspiring and professional Data Scientist/Python Programmers, can we form a community? . Mayb create a whatsapp group and once in while we can meet up.
Thnks
Brother how far any news with regards to pH data analyst hook up?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ejiod:
Some of you trying to be data science enthusiast..go and learn EXCEL for 3 to 4wks..it will be helpful for you biko....
After 5months of intensive study and practice on those videos I felt I'm ripe to start applying for data science jobs.... but to my surprise it's like expecting ship to land in an airport.

To tell u guys the truth.. data science job in Nigeria is few... like extremely few. let no one deceive you saying it's a nice booming field..
Didn't get offer but was happy to be scheduled for 2 interviews..

Following those interviews I had to apply for data analyst role..Yes Data analyst.. Then it was easy seeing data analyst jobs....
I applied to different firms who posted their spaces.. out of 5 companies ,3 scheduled me for interview..
An advantage I had was that I use python and SQL for analysis of which most data analyst simply don't use..

I forgot to add... I did SQL too for a week.
Boss talk small for this matter. just a quick one. do we have
different type of data analyst for different industries?
I see some materials data analysis for accounting, data
analysis for healthcare.
I just need insight into this. and a common ground for them
all. @ejiod and other gurus over to you all.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 1:33am On Jan 19, 2022
Eromzi:
Boss talk small for this matter. just a quick one. do we have
different type of data analyst for different industries?
I see some materials data analysis for accounting, data
analysis for healthcare.
I just need insight into this. and a common ground for them
all. @ejiod and other gurus over to you all.

Yes, there are different analysts for different industries that's why you see job titles like: Business Information Analyst, Customer Data Analyst, Commercial Data Analyst, Information Analyst, eCommerce Data Analyst, Operations Analyst.

However, the idea is to get into a generalist role first and see how you can specialize from there.

Getting your first role is the hardest part: after that, it's smooth sailing from there.

7 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Edipet(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
GidiCars:

If you use Telegram, buzz me. I will share you a link where you can get courses for free, and the website where you can download PDFs for free. Lots of freebies on the internet bro. I sometimes wonder why people pay for songs, movies and stuff online when you can just wait a little and get them for free
what is your telegram name

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Edipet(m): 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
GidiCars:

Since you ain't financially buoyant, asking you to watch videos online is out of the equation. I can help you by sharing with you PDFs for any type of course you want. From learning python, to learning data analysis using python from Wes McKinney himself (Google who he is), to machine learning using python, deep learning using python.

Also, I earlier shared a Udemy channel with this thread where you can watch videos to learn online if you have the resources to do so.
please share with me at etimedidiong2019@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eromzi(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Yes, there are different analysts for different industries that's why you see job titles like: Business Information Analyst, Customer Data Analyst, Commercial Data Analyst, Information Analyst, eCommerce Data Analyst, Operations Analyst.

However, the idea is to get into a generalist role first and see how you can specialize from there.

Getting your first role is the hardest part: after that, it's smooth sailing from there.
Tnks bro

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by thanksjosh005: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ejiod:
Some of you trying to be data science enthusiast..go and learn EXCEL for 3 to 4wks..it will be helpful for you biko....
After 5months of intensive study and practice on those videos I felt I'm ripe to start applying for data science jobs.... but to my surprise it's like expecting ship to land in an airport.

To tell u guys the truth.. data science job in Nigeria is few... like extremely few. let no one deceive you saying it's a nice booming field..
Didn't get offer but was happy to be scheduled for 2 interviews..

Following those interviews I had to apply for data analyst role..Yes Data analyst.. Then it was easy seeing data analyst jobs....
I applied to different firms who posted their spaces.. out of 5 companies ,3 scheduled me for interview..
An advantage I had was that I use python and SQL for analysis of which most data analyst simply don't use..

I forgot to add... I did SQL too for a week.

Dud3 � great story.
However, you're self-taught. How did you as a self-taught person got jobs without the degree or even a certificate, lol

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 5:50am On Jan 21, 2022
wisdomremz:

for sql if you want Microsoft sql server then u can use YouTube search kudvenhat check his playlist and look for sql server tutorials approximately 149+ videos in sequence( from beginner to advance) .. very detailed... by the time Ure done and simultaneously practicing you would be able to perform T-sql to some extent... then you can keep on practicing afterwards.

Also download microsoft sql server express 2017, also Management studio..
you can then download sample databases like adventurework and northwind databases from Google which you can use for practice when taking the course...

I can also send a problem exercise for one of the databases if you are interested.
Thanks for your efforts so far, you and ejiod are doing great job. I just have a question.

Does becoming a good data analyst require someone to be efficient in Maths? I will say I don't really like Maths and I am not good in it (algebra, statistic and complex mathematics, but I want to start learning Data analysis, having leant basic html and css for web development last year. cc: mcemmy0z Raalsalghul dauddy97 cochtrane
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by 2horsePOWER(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
2horsePOWER:

Is this still available?
Afuye
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ogechukwu01: 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2022
Zero eight zero six three seven one nine two seven six.

Thank you,sir
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2022
Bibitayo2:
Sent.
Good morning bros, please can I have the materials on excel? My email is omotade624@yahoo.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2022
mcemmy0z:
If you reside around songo Ota I have these available
*Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation
*Udemy - SQL - MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
*Tableau 10 A-Z Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
*Tableau Hands-on Learn Data Visualization with Tableau
*Udemy - Power BI A-Z Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science
*Udemy - Machine Learning A-Z™ Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
*Udemy - Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading
Good morning senior. Please are these materials still available? Can I get a flash and mail it to you through dispatch?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 2:51am On Jan 23, 2022
mbhs139:

All you need is a bigger RAM, 16GB minimum, with a good processor speed, say a base speed of 2.5Ghz, that can turbo up to... well, I don't know, and a solid state disk (SSD) minimum of 512GB. Baba, once your machine has any of this, you're good to go. Forget about name.
This is my HP, but with 1 TB SSD, it's a machine, e never see better work do. I need to get to work!

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by QueTeddy: 3:10am On Jan 24, 2022
where una dey see all these beta system?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 8:23am On Jan 24, 2022
QueTeddy:
where una dey see all these beta system?
Na your money go talk.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by silvyblaze(f): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
I have a Bsc in sociology, can I take a career path in Data science and Analysis?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Czsamanie: 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Recommendation for the best SQL video for a beginner please?

Wanna start this, It's about 150 videos lipsrsealed

I think someone once mentioned Kudvenkat here, is it okay, or any other?

Thanks.

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kenny242(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Czsamanie:
Recommendation for the best SQL video for a beginner please?

Wanna start this, It's about 150 videos lipsrsealed

I think someone once mentioned Kudvenkat here, is it okay, or any other?

Thanks.

For postgresql amigoscode and programming guru while for mysql Moshahmedani

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Omotaday:
Thanks for your efforts so far, you and ejiod are doing great job. I just have a question.

Does becoming a good data analyst require someone to be efficient in Maths? I will say I don't really like Maths and I am not good in it (algebra, statistic and complex mathematics, but I want to start learning Data analysis, having leant basic html and css for web development last year. cc: mcemmy0z Raalsalghul dauddy97 cochtrane

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Omotaday:

Just know the basic operators and then statistics.

But if you're gunning for the data science route, you might need to take further study in math especially for applying machine learning models.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 4:03am On Jan 25, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Just know the basic operators and then statistics.

But if you're gunning for the data science route, you might need to take further study in math especially for applying machine learning models.
Got it. Thanks.

Thanks dauddy97
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
This shiit is not easy lol

I have been on excel for 2 weeks now

Spreadsheet took most of my time.

I’m still very far from understanding it better.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Homeboiy:

Which resource are you using?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hinokami: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2022
Homeboiy:

It gets easier with time
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Which resource are you using?

Excel for beginners from freecodecamp.org
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Gentleman001: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Homeboiy:

Simply type “excel tutorial javattpoint” or “ excel tutorial tutorialpiont”.. You will learn everything you wish to know about excel from basic to advanced level, In a very simple way... there is another site call gurru99.. try those site.. for anything related to data science and other IT skill.. they make thing easier

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Eawwal(m): 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
I stumbled on this thread a week after I started my journey into data science, I started with phyton, after going through the whole thread, I had to put python on hold and I started learning excel, I've now mastered excel and also power Bi, the only issue I have now is DAX formulas, I believe I'd improve on that as time goes on.

I'm moving onto sql, I haven't decided which one to go for between mysql and mssql. I need advice.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Homeboiy: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
Gentleman001:

Simply type “excel tutorial javattpoint” or “ excel tutorial tutorialpiont”.. You will learn everything you wish to know about excel from basic to advanced level, In a very simple way... there is another site call gurru99.. try those site.. for anything related to data science and other IT skill.. they make thing easier

Thank you so much bro
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2022
Homeboiy:

Try below link;

https://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SonOfNobody: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
I was about to enrol for tutorial on python for data science before I saw this. God bless you OP

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kenny242(m): 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2022
Eawwal:
I stumbled on this thread a week after I started my journey into data science, I started with phyton, after going through the whole thread, I had to put python on hold and I started learning excel, I've now mastered excel and also power Bi, the only issue I have now is DAX formulas, I believe I'd improve on that as time goes on.

I'm moving onto sql, I haven't decided which one to go for between mysql and mssql. I need advice.
Why not go for postgresql

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.