Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,659 members, 7,851,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184149 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2012
linkin8k:

oK THAnks. Do you know were i can get the Asus in Lagos?

Computer village, Ikeja.

On another note...is anyone interested in purchasing a used galaxy tab 8.9?

3G version with HSDPA+, 16gb, Honeycomb, Tegra 2, already rooted.

ICS upgrade from Samsung is coming soon smiley

Just 65k, all accessories
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 5:39pm On May 15, 2012
lynxnoon:
brand new or fairly used?
also what are d specs u r looking at?

Brand new with similar specs with Desire S...saw htc one V on omafones for 61k. Might just vex and get a Nokia cos am seeing too many battery issues for the bold 6 n curve 4. Thinking Nokia 701
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 12:11am On May 16, 2012
I'm in love with the HTC One X LTE. This phone is so awesome, I didn't think it would be that much of an upgrade over my HTC Inspire 4G but I was surely mistaken.

Aside from the locked bootloader, I don't believe there's a better phone on the market. The SGS III can't even compete with the beastly One X.
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 12:38am On May 16, 2012
texazzpete: Got my HTC One X yesterday...international Tegra 3 version.

Rooted, Unlocked bootloader, flashed custom ROM...ported all my contacts from my iPhone 4S. It's awesome so far grin

So...any good aptoide repos? grin

Nice, I got the Grey LTE version. Can't wait till the bootloader gets unlocked.

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On May 16, 2012
SAFO: I'm in love with the HTC One X LTE. This phone is so awesome, I didn't think it would be that much of an upgrade over my HTC Inspire 4G but I was surely mistaken.

Aside from the locked bootloader, I don't believe there's a better phone on the market. The SGS III can't even compete with the beastly One X.

Yep it's an awesome phone. but the SGS III IS really more powerful. One X kills it in looks, though.

I wish I had LTE speeds here in Naija sad
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 9:11am On May 16, 2012
Does anyone know something about the HTC One V? I saw it for 61k and am seriously contemplating getting it over a bb curve 4 of 44k. Please reply soon am planning on getting one this afternoon.

Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:15am On May 16, 2012
BoboYekini: lynx, I'm embarrassed to tell you that my budget is only half of your 60k asking. otter box notwithstanding.
guy,
no hard feelings, but with ur budget u wont get what u r looking for, even a fairly used.
I would advice u just chill and save enough to buy a phone of dat specs.
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by badaru1(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2012
texazzpete:

Computer village, Ikeja.

On another note...is anyone interested in purchasing a used galaxy tab 8.9?

3G version with HSDPA+, 16gb, Honeycomb, Tegra 2, already rooted.

ICS upgrade from Samsung is coming soon smiley

Just 65k, all accessories

You contact please?
Re: Android, Anyone? by mrmofasa(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2012
I'm thinking of selling my Xperia E10 Mini. I haven't been able to maximize it cos of the blasted telephone companies in Nigeria. They offer limited/ no internet service for Android devices
Re: Android, Anyone? by walcolm(m): 3:27pm On May 16, 2012
mrmofasa: I'm thinking of selling my Xperia E10 Mini. I haven't been able to maximize it cos of the blasted telephone companies in Nigeria. They offer limited/ no internet service for Android devices

seriously? which part or naija are u posting from?
Re: Android, Anyone? by henry007(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2012
Who knows how much Revive used Iphones 4/4s costs at Computer village at the moment?
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2012
badaru1:

You contact please?

priyeandroid@googlemail.com

Sorry for not posting my phone number here...but i like being paranoid grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2012
@ all.

i need a free and decent remote desktop arrangement for my android/pc.
snag is it has to work behind a firewall /or a LAN

i would have done it manually but ifconfig gives me 127.0.0.1 and a local server assigned ip

except of course you can teach me a way to do it that will not involve knowing anything about the server which im behind (not allowed near it)

tried teamviewer and apparently it works for 1 minute thereabouts in free license mode!!! but it did work flawlessly.

would love to be able to remotely view/control my pc. will save me a lot of hassle and running about just to do minor things send pple stuff, log them in my workstation and most especially important, SNOOP!!!

im sure uncle Texazzpete can be of help here

NB: UBUNTU no windows
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2012
EDIT:

managed to do it on the same network via wifi anyway grin grin

MY REAL CONCERN IS ACTUALLY HOW I CAN MANAGE THIS FROM OUTSIDE ON ANOR NETWORK OR SAY WHEN IM ON MOBILE NETWORKS ?

the pc has a local ip on the network. teamviewer seems not to need an ip as it uses a server based model, their server, so all u need is username and password on both devices.

maybe i should ask this in computers sef, but any help is sure appreciated
Re: Android, Anyone? by Guddy(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2012
I have a htc hd2 running windows 6.5 and i want 2 port an android os to it. Can u guys tell me how to go about it, the best android os for it and what it will cost me if am to get an expert to do it cos i don't want any mistake which can kill the phone totally.
Re: Android, Anyone? by TCD: 2:33pm On May 18, 2012
hello android titans, could any of you please help a brother extract this apk file using your powerful andoids. It's a medical app called prognosis,  free and 2.5mb in size. Will be so much appreciated guys. 

Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medicaljoyworks.prognosis&hl=en thanks guys
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2012
Guddy: I have a htc hd2 running windows 6.5 and i want 2 port an android os to it. Can u guys tell me how to go about it, the best android os for it and what it will cost me if am to get an expert to do it cos i don't want any mistake which can kill the phone totally.

go tru this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=734335
and if u r still scared to delve into it let me know. . . . may be able to do it for u (of course i will charge u for consultation oh grin wink)
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mafia4life(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2012
TCD: hello android titans, could any of you please help a brother extract this apk file using your powerful andoids. It's a medical app called prognosis,  free and 2.5mb in size. Will be so much appreciated guys. 

Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medicaljoyworks.prognosis&hl=en thanks guys 
Longtime TCD... Your Eye? I remember you.. One of the BB users who utilizes their BB's core function... Whats the file extention of the link? If it is compressed. Can't you use a system to extract it?
Re: Android, Anyone? by TCD: 4:54pm On May 18, 2012
Mafia4life:
Longtime TCD... Your Eye? I remember you.. One of the BB users who utilizes their BB's core function... Whats the file extention of the link? If it is compressed. Can't you use a system to extract it?
Hey Mafia my man, haven't seen you in a while. I'm fine enuf stuff just dey keep me unnecessarily busy. How u been?

That link is a Page on the Google Android market. You need an android phone to download it, install, then create a back up of the app or move the app to your phones memory card. It's from there you extract the apk" file. If you remember symbian nokia, the installation files for the apps end in ".sis" , android apps installation files are ".apk". So, I am more or less seeking the raw installation file for that app in the link above. I don't have an android phone, hence why I'm here seeking the help of you fine gentlemen on this thread.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 10:54pm On May 18, 2012
Guys, I think I have been able to get a BIS plan for blackberry work on my android phone.I have an LG P350 phone and I subscribed to a BIS plan. after a bit of tinkering and installing some apps on the phone, I found I could browse with zero naira. so far I have downloaded files of up to 400mb and the speed is okay. Opera mini is not working though. will paste the instructions when I get everything to work
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 11:48pm On May 18, 2012
Leopantro: Guys, I think I have been able to get [b]a BIS plan for blackberry [/b]work on my android phone.I have an LG P350 phone and I subscribed to a BIS plan. after a bit of tinkering and installing some apps on the phone, I found I could browse with zero naira. so far I have downloaded files of up to 400mb and the speed is okay. Opera mini is not working though. will paste the instructions when I get everything to work
what network?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 10:40am On May 19, 2012
MTN. I got the N1500 plan
Re: Android, Anyone? by Kadata(m): 12:17pm On May 19, 2012
Leopantro: MTN. I got the N1500 plan

paste the instructions naaa. how did you get mtn bis towork on your android device??
Re: Android, Anyone? by Dabss(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2012
The Mtn bis plan works well on pc but I don't think it can work on a mobile phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 5:12pm On May 19, 2012
then how do you explain how i have had zero naira on my phone and I'm downloading stuff on my phone for the past two days? i can even create a hotspot to browse with it on a system. a bit busy now but will paste it. wouldn't ask for money
Re: Android, Anyone? by Dabss(m): 5:38pm On May 19, 2012
Okay now. We shall wait until the day u are less busy sir!
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 5:40pm On May 19, 2012
Got the bold 6 been using for three days now and all ℓ̊ can say is...awesome!!! The stories bout the battery are false, so happy ℓ̊ stuck to my heart n got it.

Its definately not as good as an android but not a bad phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Kellymann: 7:13pm On May 19, 2012
Does anyone know how to use 3g internet on a wifi only android device? Really need help on dis! Anyone?
Re: Android, Anyone? by mrmofasa(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2012
walcolm:

seriously? which part or naija are u posting from?
SW Nigeria. Ibadan
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 10:45pm On May 19, 2012
i have uploaded the instructions on how to use a BIS plan on an android phone. Enjoy.
www.nairaland.com/newtopic?board=54

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.