Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads (65241 Views)

Winners Chapel International Approves N650m To Repair Roads From Tollgate, Sango / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:

They have big primary and secondary schools all over the country. They have them in the hundreds, not sure of the number at the moment.

How big?

It differed from location to location, but some of their secondary school facilities could be mistaken for a university campus. They had one in Ibadan at a time but had to demolish for some reasons (I think land issues)

Schools that nationwide students are withdrawn by parents because they can't pay. When the school as a missionary could have created a payment structure like pay 2,000 Naira a week so they would have been kept back in the institution. I know of at least 20-30 families affected by this in just two major branches

Good facilities and curricula, could be better wages.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by gcof(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Wow. So road repairs is so expensive?
Abi is it a Nigerian factor?
so road repairs is so cheap should have been your question. I bet you 5billion Naira would not fix that same same road under government supervision
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Toks2008(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:
Where are the pastor bashers?

U guys should come and bash o or forever remain silent!
In most cases, behind every good will there is always a self interest.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by WENGERNOMICS(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, for since Job was the known as the father of the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that he is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

Acts 4:32, 34-35 (KJV)

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.

Oga what are you saying?

Even God who is the wealthiest in the universe still has genuine children who are very poor.

Jesus allowed a woman to pour a month salary worth of perfume on him instead of giving to the poor.

Do you think this is the only philanthropy Oyedepo has done?

The best way is to teach and empower people out of poverty and not just welfare.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by sunkieisland(m): 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
I just read a comment I'm not going to quote of someone saying until all Winners Chapel members are okay financially, Bishop Oyedepo should not consider himself a rich man.

That comment is devoid of spiritual sense. I'm not a Winners Chapel member, just a Christian and I'm pretty sure Jesus said there would always be poor in the church.

It's a natural law.

You know I met someone recently and everything about the guy showed he was satisfied with poverty.

I submit here that anyone's prosperity is entirely their business and not their pastor's.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by alaira(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:
Where are the pastor bashers?

U guys should come and bash o or forever remain silent!
God bless you for this gesture.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by omomummy13: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
Government would have put the cost of same stretch of road at N10 billion and it will still be poorly executed.

No Nigerian politician will ever make Heaven. No way!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Hapinex01: 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
The roads are roads that leads to his church hmmmm una dey think watin ah dey think so?

Business, pure investment

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by WENGERNOMICS(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
buzorcharles:

Mumu do u know how many ppl that gave up his church service due to this bad road. He no see road inside lagos or ogun state repair?

Is he Buhari or Sanwo Olu?
Is it tax payers money he is using?
Will other Nigerians not use the road on Monday to Saturday?

Can't you think deeply before writing?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Adakintroy2: 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
It's not a random act of good. "It has become a headache for church user".

Kudos but still not a random act of good.

still relate backs to the his church technically.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by bularuz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nice one Sir, God bless you for this, but the quality of repairs being currently done is no way close to the above amount stated.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
That is very kind of him,and i hope this will be trend that will be replicate by other religious leaders.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kay4kay: 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:
You're in the wrong if you think Bishop Oyedepo isn't big on philanthropic works, he has just chosen to obey scriptural injunction of "doing it in secret". He's one man that will not publicize what he gives to people"publicly, sadly beneficiaries of his benovelnce also do a poor job sharing this.

For instance, are you aware over 80% of pioneer students of Landmark University students were on scholarship varying 25-100%, most of whom enjoyed 100% scholarship till graduation? (This doesn't include scholarship enjoyed by CU students, I'm just sharing on information I'm well aware of)

The same applied to subsequent sets in the college of agriculture, till it was lately channeled through the David Oyedepo foundation due to the gross abuse by its beneficiaries.

The church once gave 120 million naira in non interest soft loans to small businesses owners, the idea was upon return others could benefit from this, sadly most persons didn't return it hence clildn5be sustained.

These are few examples of many of the things the Bishop does, but he will never broadcast it for people's applause. He's dead to both the praise and censure of men.

I just shared these for persons especially Christians to be slow to speak, don't judge a matter before you know it.

Just to add to this

There scholarships given out every year to undergraduate. Once you are a Christian irrespective of your church once you meet the criteria including white garments church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, for since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.
Freeze wannabe undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by TheExecutioner: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
Your IQ is as fake as the poor girl whose picture you're using as a display pic.
Or perhaps you didn't see the infographic where the Church gave details of the several kilometres of road they will be working on.

leofab:
#650M just to patch road... angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
They will still complain.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Mailthaddeus(m): 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Wow. So road repairs is so expensive?
Abi is it a Nigerian factor?

Road construction and repair is indeed very expensive. The money to build 1km of standard road will build a 3 standard duplexes in Lekki
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Blitzerz: 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
anonimi:

The politicians give your Oyedepo his part of their loot.
Get wise. Get sharp and smell the akamu.
Religion na politics.

Show evidence of your claim above or sharrrap
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
Expensive2000:
Let them help the poor and needy around the church of Christ, afterall it's their tithe & offering money

The poor and needy can pay tithes?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 1:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
kay4kay:

Just to add to this

There scholarships given out every year to undergraduate. Once you are a Christian irrespective of your church once you meet the criteria including white garments church.

Lies. Just for the stage. Normal human beings hardly get the needed help. Its always about the sound bite. I used to be an insider so I know.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Studyinchina200(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
You have that kind of time to compose all these things?

jesusjnr:

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

God bless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

God bless.

The Bible recorded there were daily contributions within the ' Acts of the Apostles ' clique, until none had need. When we throw our food to the dogs outside while the kids inside feed on bones, it's pure hypocrisy. But people will attack you for the last paragraph. What parent gives his kid a snake instead of meat. Same way what good parent takes care of the outer parts that serves no need before or more importantly than the kids within.

We must discern between good will and acts of men with shady gestures. Unfortunately these men were once our father, but I'd rather advice them to channel financial resources towards the inner part first and then after other things can be considered. Take care of the people, the people will in turn take care of the building.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Topshow2010(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
A very gesture from the Bishop but on a lighter let him forget d road and give #2million to Nigerians each cause d ogun state has promised to reconstruct that road ....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hapinex01:
The roads are roads that leads to his church hmmmm una dey think watin ah dey think so?

Business, pure investment

And only his Church members use the road 24/7?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Oselu28(f): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
and his members will ignore d part where d writer or advertiser said "for smooth movement of members to d church on Sunday " I live in ota,and I must confess winners members are d must lawless Christians in this country. 90% of traffic on sundays are caused by their members impatience thereby forcing them to resort to one way and their gullible traffic workers will pass them anyways because they are winners member.

yes d roads are bad,that is not d only bad road in d state but it must be repaired bcus offering must not go down on sundays......mind you they didn't fix d road totally o,let heavy rain fall consecutively d stones will wash away,what is what doing and publishing for d world to see is what doing well
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by lovewins: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

Lies. Just for the stage. Normal human beings hardly get the needed help. Its always about the sound bite. I used to be an insider so I know.

Oga, don't be blinded by hate.

Are you saying DOF doesn't give out scholarship every year?

I'm privy to a number of persons who get their school fees paid by him yearly both in Landmark and Covenant, and I'm not referring to DOF scholars.

Am I saying the system is perfect? Not at all, no system is

Can they do more? Maybe they can, but not in our place to decide that

But acknowledge what they are doing now simple.

BTW, I don't attend Living Faith Church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by doyinbaby(f): 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:
You're in the wrong if you think Bishop Oyedepo isn't big on philanthropic works, he has just chosen to obey scriptural injunction of "doing it in secret". He's one man that will not publicize what he gives to people"publicly, sadly beneficiaries of his benovelnce also do a poor job sharing this.

For instance, are you aware over 80% of pioneer students of Landmark University students were on scholarship varying 25-100%, most of whom enjoyed 100% scholarship till graduation? (This doesn't include scholarship enjoyed by CU students, I'm just sharing on information I'm well aware of)

The same applied to subsequent sets in the college of agriculture, till it was lately channeled through the David Oyedepo foundation due to the gross abuse by its beneficiaries.

The church once gave 120 million naira in non interest soft loans to small businesses owners, the idea was upon return others could benefit from this, sadly most persons didn't return it hence clildn5be sustained.

These are few examples of many of the things the Bishop does, but he will never broadcast it for people's applause. He's dead to both the praise and censure of men.

I just shared these for persons especially Christians to be slow to speak, don't judge a matter before you know it.
God bless oyedepo....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by wakes: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
God bless the Bishop
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by davidque: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

So until Obyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.
You this fellow again with you twisted understanding. How on earth do you believe all that you have just said. All you know about Oyedepo is from social media and nothing else

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kay4kay: 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

At times knowledge kills.

If you know you know
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:

Oga, don't be blinded by hate.

Are you saying DOF doesn't give out scholarship every year?

I'm privy to a number of persons who get their school fees paid by him yearly both in Landmark and Covenant, and I'm not referring to DOF scholars.

Am I saying the system is perfect? Not at all, no system is

Can they do more? Maybe they can, but not in our place to decide that

But acknowledge what they are doing now simple.

BTW, I don't attend Living Faith Church

You don't attend so you won't understand. I'll never hate as I'm not an envoys person nor have hare in me. The scholarships are only propaganda and are diverted to God knows where. It has been the norm for over two decades. Ive been shortlisted for the so called scholarship in time past as well as other persons I know, the funds never reached the sources nor was anything done to this. Its always a mere announcement. I know this first hand

Ask your so called beneficiaries how they got the financial assistance then you won't be typing with the same temerity again here.

Any society that isn't open enough for an ordinary memebe to send in an application, get screened and considered is merely wasting time

Man know man things
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ezalb: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
The onus shouldn't be on him only,he has raised many members,those in turn should raise others....
jesusjnr:

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.