Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads (65224 Views)

Winners Chapel International Approves N650m To Repair Roads From Tollgate, Sango / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by edoairways: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2019
tunary:
I wonder what daddy freeze will say as regard to this. I guess he'll remain silent cos I want to believe he's more of a hypocrite than a true Christian
Freeze was never a Christian. He should have stick to atheism or voodooism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by bewla(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:
Where are the pastor bashers?

U guys should come and bash o or forever remain silent!
On my way to confirm before i talk

but meanwhile is just quarter of my expectations

what about the homeless the widow in is church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by edoairways: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:
Why is it hard for us to bless the sheep with projects that will bless and improve their lives but find it easy to spend billions on vanities like road repairs. There's a deliberate attempt to keep people mediocre while seeking the praise of men through elephant projects that compares nothing to the lives of the people in organizations where they serve. Smh, rich institutions, poor people

HigherEd

Daddytime

Expensive2000

Leofab
You either naive or ignorant. That road construction would ease the movement of people in that axis. If we had good infrastructural facilities in place you wouldn't see many Nigerians migrating to mushroom countries.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Chasaq237: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
Daddy freeze its time to shout
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Olisakeys: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2019
Shut the Bleep up ungrateful fellow
EzeAmusu:
No need thanking you Mr man. This one pass watin you Don thieve from the gullible masses all in the name of tithes and first seed.

If u like quote me and start talking like an established morrrrrooon, that one is left for you and ur village people.

Nonsense and buhari shrink balls.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by thundafire: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

Acts 4:32, 34-35 (KJV)

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.
just shut up because he is pastor he should not enjoy life,didn't God bless him,when Christ was on earth,did he heal everyone or raised everyone from dey dead so buying an helicopter is not of ur business,the Bible ask dey people to pay tithe dats wat dey feed from likewise dey jews in the bible so shatap again
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
farem:

Give us a professional costing or shut ya mouth forever!
Y are u unnecessarily stupid? undecided
Just carry ur bad energy and shift joor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
edoairways:

You either naive or ignorant. That road construction would ease the movement of people in that axis. If we had good infrastructural facilities in place you wouldn't see many Nigerians migrating to mushroom countries.

Your level of reasoning. Bye
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by boladale123: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Scam!!
This guy man never repair the roads in his Home town despite been the Asiwaju of the town, the guy is now forming Lord for ogun state.
Charity doesn't start from home anymore.��
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
gcof:
so road repairs is so cheap should have been your question. I bet you 5billion Naira would not fix that same same road under government supervision
From the OP, they talked of road repairs (potholes etc) & not construction (excavation, compaction, filling, taring, embarkments etc)
That's what I'm actually confused about hence my question
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by damoobaba: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.

What he gives out annually to help the needy, his evangelism to save the perishing plus scholarship for the uneducated etc in a year, I don't think the help all ur ancestors gave from four generations ago can measure up to that.And this are to people he doesn't know. Until you clear the poverty in your family and you start giving scholarship in tune of at least #500 million annually, I don't think you have the right to describe how philanthropists should spend their money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Powersurge: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

God bless.

come wetin be your problem this guy? Jesus spoke about the Pharisees about how they will kill the disciples thinking they are doing God favour. D way devil dey use una to attack Christians and Christianity is alarming. Make una calm down down with this stupidity transferred to you people by Freeze oo.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2019
Mailthaddeus:

Road construction and repair is indeed very expensive. The money to build 1km of standard road will build a 3 standard duplexes in Lekki
Well because you wrote build i would agree with you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by edoairways: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

Your level of reasoning. Bye
na you own beta? undecided undecided undecided undecided. Nigeria will never grow with the kind of comments am seeing on this platform. I don't like those pastors but when i see nice gesture i appreciate it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by MYGRATEskillz(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ole ni everybody
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2019
damoobaba:

What he gives out annually to help the needy, his evangelism to save the perishing plus scholarship for the uneducated etc in a year, I don't think the help all ur ancestors gave from four generations ago can measure up to that.And this are to people he doesn't know. Until you clear the poverty in your family and you start giving scholarship in tune of at least #500 million annually, I don't think you have the right to describe how philanthropists should spend their money.
It's good that you've spoken out of the abundance of your blindness and ignorance concerning the topic of giving, so that I can use an instance in the Bible to show you how far you are from God in that respect:

Luke 21:3-4 (KJV)

3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

So if you remain ignorant after this, it's not because you've not been taught the difference between how God views giving as opposed to man's view, but because your heart is opposed to the Truth.

For in God sight, it's not by how much, but out of how much, because to whom much is given much is required. So if Oyedepo gave half as much as I do based on what we've been given, most of his church members would be not be in lack.

You choice to continue in your ignorance though, for where it truly matters, Oyedepo has nothing on me.

Keep a close eye on this moniker, because very soon you'd get to see the difference, and why Satan would rather have a hundred Oyedepos, than one of me.

I would leave you with this teaching of Jesus if it could possibly help you to start seeing things as God see them and not man:

Luke 12:15 (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by OyinO: 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

God bless.

When I saw this comment, I held my comment because you spoke my mind and nothing but the absolute TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by genkins(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
Temptee101:

shocked

With the little you have, how many people have you helped. Always running your mouth cho cho cho cho like an overflowing stream
How many people is he collecting money from? Use ur brain guy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
Powersurge:

come wetin be your problem this guy? Jesus spoke about the Pharisees about how they will kill the disciples thinking they are doing God favour. D way devil dey use una to attack Christians and Christianity is alarming. Make una calm down down with this stupidity transferred to you people by Freeze oo.
Good you know that Jesus spoke about the pharisees, because that's who Oyedepo is, so if Jesus were here He would also say the same to him.

Oyedepo hates and mocks the poor as the Pharisees did.

Oyedepo emphasizes tithes as the Pharisees did.

Oyedepo using earthly riches and material things to measure himself and others as the Pharisees did.

Oyedepo doesn't follow the example of Jesus emphasis that people helped the poor as the Pharisees did.

Oyedepo preaches the gospel of mammon as the Pharisees did.

Need I go on.

So you are actually one the blind who is being led by the blind, but hope you don't fall into the pit with him.

By the way Benny Hinn repent of the mammon gospel that Oyedepo is still preaching after misleading people with it for many years, so maybe you are also blind to that.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by EzeAmusu(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
chiogoezubem:

My dear, I will quote you if I need to correct you. Bishop Oyedepo does not encourage first fruit offerings.

Now, you can think on that information.

As for being moronic, and the village people stuff, na you know o...

God bless you plenty.
oga ade first fruit can can come in different forms and pattern. U sees these pastors they can be cunny and trickish.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by janeedema(f): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2019
"Oyedepo shouldn't see himself as rich until every member of his church is rich?" Really?

Let me ask: who maketh one rich? Man or God?You quote scriptures, but it's clear you lack spiritual understanding.

Who are you exactly? Who knows you? How many lives have you impacted? Or because you quote scriptures you suddenly think you have graduated to speaking against those who are monumental success?

Hear me and go hug a transformer afterward: Bishop Oyedepo isn't only rich but wealthy. And hear me again: even to the next four generations, his kids offspring can never know lack, and before he calls for help, help comes in droves. That's what wealth is.

If I were you, I would be careful how I speak of someone who is clearly doing something right. I don't know your name or where you come from. And you dare lecture people on what it means to have right standing with God?

You truly don't know Papa Oyedepo. And that's why you talk about him dishonouring the poor.

Winners is one church that no one gives you special privileges because you are a millionaire. And papa doesn't restrain from saying it. You sit where you like irrespective of what you wear. Nobody even announces how much anyone gives. Papa will always say: the soul of the rich and that of the poor is the same before God; win all of them to Christ.

Souls after souls go to winners for help and get it. Widows are on perpetual pay roll, scholarship offerings, accommodation stipends, etc. And you dare speak ill against Oyedepo's ministry? How I pity you.

You need to visit canaanland and see the attention they pay to avoiding waste. No wonder papa is so blessed. Every single penny is accounted for, and put to good use. The transparency is second to none.

So, I advise you to shut up, yes, shut up and speak no more of what you know nothing about.
You aren't a Christian because you quote scriptures, you are one when you act like it.

Even when David had cause to hurt Saul, he refrained himself. Yet, you come on a platform like this and derail a man of God, and you start wondering where your problems are coming from.

Papa Oyedepo doesn't owe you or anyone Nada. The church isn't in place to repair roads, in case your sanctimonious soul missed it.

Keep speaking against those who have what you crave, and you will never enjoy it.

And for your information, I don't attend Winners, but will forever speak up for this man of God, who have a heart of God like nothing I have seen.

So, again I urge you to thread wisely.

jesusjnr:

God bless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by EzeAmusu(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
Olisakeys:
Shut the Bleep up ungrateful fellow
ungrateful fellow how, what's my business with the road he is repairing. Abi ur brain day pain. Do I look like someone that resides in Nigeria to u.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by toluwa1(f): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
Well done papa....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by daygee12: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:
You're in the wrong if you think Bishop Oyedepo isn't big on philanthropic works, he has just chosen to obey scriptural injunction of "doing it in secret". He's one man that will not publicize what he gives to people"publicly, sadly beneficiaries of his benovelnce also do a poor job sharing this.

For instance, are you aware over 80% of pioneer students of Landmark University students were on scholarship varying 25-100%, most of whom enjoyed 100% scholarship till graduation? (This doesn't include scholarship enjoyed by CU students, I'm just sharing on information I'm well aware of)

The same applied to subsequent sets in the college of agriculture, till it was lately channeled through the David Oyedepo foundation due to the gross abuse by its beneficiaries.

The church once gave 120 million naira in non interest soft loans to small businesses owners, the idea was upon return others could benefit from this, sadly most persons didn't return it hence clildn5be sustained.

These are few examples of many of the things the Bishop does, but he will never broadcast it for people's applause. He's dead to both the praise and censure of men.

I just shared these for persons especially Christians to be slow to speak, don't judge a matter before you know it.

One thing u don't know is that the money is not for Oyedepo, the money belongs to the congregation he is just fortunate to oversees it. So don't ever call him a philanthropist we philanthropists.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by obibob2020(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Daddy Freeze, over to you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by genkins(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
sunkieisland:
I just read a comment I'm not going to quote of someone saying until all Winners Chapel members are okay financially, Bishop Oyedepo should not consider himself a rich man.

That comment is devoid of spiritual sense. I'm not a Winners Chapel member, just a Christian and I'm pretty sure Jesus said there would always be poor in the church.

It's a natural law.

You know I met someone recently and everything about the guy showed he was satisfied with poverty.

I submit here that anyone's prosperity is entirely their business and not their pastor's.
There will always be poor people around.. Yes.. But they will not go hungry because you are to continually feed them.pls be spiritual or use common sense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by jcross19: 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

God bless.
even God can't make all of us rich! And you too how many people have you helped? Any impact in the life of people around ?non sense.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
daygee12:

One thing u don't know is that the money is not for Oyedepo, the money belongs to the congregation he is just fortunate to oversees it. So don't ever call him a philanthropist we philanthropists.

And not hijack communal interests for personal beliefs and discretion. You have oil. This is the right perspective
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by philipobiz: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
simiife:

what if I told u dat even with the bad roads the number of pple attending the church has never declined, rather it has been on a increase, u probably don't knw about d church's soul winning policy
What's your proof
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
janeedema:
"Oyedepo shouldn't see himself as rich until every member of his church is rich?" Really?

Let me ask: who maketh one rich? Man or God?You quote scriptures, but it's clear you lack spiritual understanding.

Who are you exactly? Who knows you? How many lives have you impacted? Or because you quote scriptures you suddenly think you have graduated to speaking against those who are monumental success?

Hear me and go hug a transformer afterward: Bishop Oyedepo isn't only rich but wealthy. And hear me again: even to the next four generations, his kids offspring can never know lack, and before he calls for help, help comes in droves. That's what wealth is.

If I were you, I would be careful how I speak of someone who is clearly doing something right. I don't know your name or where you come from. And you dare lecture people on what it means to have right standing with God?

You truly don't know Papa Oyedepo. And that's why you talk about him dishonouring the poor.

Winners is one church that no one gives you special privileges because you are a millionaire. And papa doesn't restrain from saying it. You sit where you like irrespective of what you wear. Nobody even announces how much anyone gives. Papa will always say: the soul of the rich and that of the poor is the same before God; win all of them to Christ.

Souls after souls go to winners for help and get it. Widows are on perpetual pay roll, scholarship offerings, accommodation stipends, etc. And you dare speak ill against Oyedepo's ministry? How I pity you.

You need to visit canaanland and see the attention they pay to avoiding waste. No wonder papa is so blessed. Every single penny is accounted for, and put to good use. The transparency is second to none.

So, I advise you to shut up, yes, shut up and speak no more of what you know nothing about.
You aren't a Christian because you quote scriptures, you are one when you act like it.

Even when David had cause to hurt Saul, he refrained himself. Yet, you come on a platform like this and derail a man of God, and you start wondering where your problems are coming from.

Papa Oyedepo doesn't owe you or anyone Nada. The church isn't in place to repair roads, in case your sanctimonious soul missed it.

Keep speaking against those who have what you crave, and you will never enjoy it.

And for your information, I don't attend Winners, but will forever speak up for this man of God, who have a heart of God like nothing I have seen.

So, again I urge you to thread wisely.

Lol!

I don't blame you one single bit because it's spiritually bankrupt people like you who replaced those of the first church that has made the church to be the devil's playground that it currently is.

For you to think that Oyedepo has anything I crave, is really ignorant, because there's nothing he has that i crave not even one single thing.

I am a disciple of Jesus for crying out loud, and our orientation is very different from those of the world which you are even though you be in the church, because we are not of the world.

If Jesus wanted to be the richest man ever, He would have done what Oyedepo is doing. If Peter and John wanted to be very rich, they would have done what Oyedepo is doing, for there's nothing special about Oyedepo, but that his orientation is very much different from theirs, because they were also in the position of influence as well, and money was being dropped at their feet as well, but the difference is the orientation.

That's why there's no difference between Oyedepo and any influential Nigerian preacher who has a similar orientation of accumulation as Oyedepo instead of distribution as the disciples did.

But let me just leave you with the Words of Jesus which moulded the mindset of the disciples and also mine, so that next time you'd not come to me with the materialistic and covetous orientation of the pharisees which I'm allergic to:

Luke 12:15 (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
jcross19:
even God can't make all of us rich! And you too how many people have you helped? Any impact in the life of people around ?non sense.
You just blasphemed the name of God without even knowing it because of your blind leader, hope you are not too blind to end up in the ditch with him.

God can make every single one of us rich!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Chiyke360: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
More grace onto you sir.
I pray God to bless you beyond measure and enlarge your coast forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Naira Will Be Powerful Again" - Pastor Adeboye / Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico? / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.