Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads (65242 Views)

Winners Chapel International Approves N650m To Repair Roads From Tollgate, Sango / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by InvertedHammer: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
/
Some of the biggest philanthropists in the world at different levels were Pablo Escobar, El Chappo Guzman, Christopher Coke of Jamaica.

Philanthropy is not a hallmark of righteousness. After all, notorious 419ers are cheerful givers just like your politicians during campaigns.

/
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
davidque:

You this fellow again with you twisted understanding. How on earth do you believe all that you have just said. All you know about Oyedepo is from social media and nothing else
Is this also social media?

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ezalb:
The onus shouldn't be on him only,he has raised many members,those in turn should raise others....

Raised like how?

Go study even in scriptures where Isaiah was told to speak in Arables to people so they would become blind and devoid of understanding. These days, people raise blind followers so they won't have discernment enough to be developed let alone strong enough to stand as they ought to

I know this. Its prevalent in the society
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by viceddy95(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
anonimi:

The politicians give your Oyedepo his part of their loot.
Get wise. Get sharp and smell the akamu.
Religion na politics.

Were you there when they gave him the money,if no,keep quiet and learn to appreciate goods things when they happen....you need the wisdom more...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by lovewins: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

You don't attend so you won't understand. I'll never hate as I'm not an envoys person nor have hare in me. The scholarships are only propaganda and are diverted to God knows where. It has been the norm for over two decades. Ive been shortlisted for the so called scholarship in time past as well as other persons I know, the funds never reached the sources nor was anything done to this. Its always a mere announcement. I know this first hand

Then you lie sir.

The fact that you attend or haven't benefited from the said scholarship doesn't make it fake. And that I do not attend ATM (I used to) doesn't mean the information I have isn't genuine.

Like I said earlier, over 80 percent of pioneers of Landmark enjoyed scholarship, and the same gesture continued three years down the line before the scholarship was remodeled under the auspices of David Oyedepo Foundation. I know hundreds nif not thousands of persons personally who benefitted from this.

I have friends who currently enjoy same scholarship for their post graduate studies at Covenant University, some finished last session, some others will this session.

Since the scholarship came under DOF, the criteria for being a beneficiary became quite high, you must have excelled exceptionally in Jamb and WAEC (and is just ideal for an academic program). This became necessary because many persons who enjoyed 100% scholarship in Landmark for instance where struggling to make a 1.5 CGPA, some where asked to withdraw.

These are verifiable facts.

Like I said, the system isn't perfect, but we shouldn't castigate where it isn't exactly necessary
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ayoefa: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:
Where are the pastor bashers?

U guys should come and bash o or forever remain silent!

Even drug dealers have been known to do good community services. Does that mean that they are not criminals? Hell No. The SCAMMER is just giving back some of the peanuts from his daily scams.
The road also will make it easier for religious zombies like you to come and contribute more. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:

Then you lie sir.

The fact that you attend or haven't benefited from the said scholarship doesn't make it fake. And that I do not attend ATM (I used to) doesn't mean the information I have isn't genuine.

Like I said earlier, over 80 percent of pioneers of Landmark enjoyed scholarship, and the same gesture continued three years down the line before the scholarship was remodeled under the auspices of David Oyedepo Foundation. I know hundreds nif not thousands of persons personally who benefitted from this.

I have friends who currently enjoy same scholarship for their post graduate studies at Covenant University, some finished last session, some others will this session.

Since the scholarship came under DOF, the criteria for being a beneficiary became quite high, you must have excelled exceptionally in Jamb and WAEC (and is just ideal for an academic program). This became necessary because many persons who enjoyed 100% scholarship in Landmark for instance where struggling to make a 1.5 CGPA, some where asked to withdraw.

These are verifiable facts.

Like I said, the system isn't perfect, but we shouldn't castigate where it isn't exactly necessary

I won't argue. It will require raising dusts. God forbid I cast dents on the image of our fathers. But rottenness fills within. We that understand the systemic and deliberate efforts to undermine the possibility of what could have been if done rightly are already on steady paths towards creating better systems and organizations that won't accommodate the rottenness of present organizations. If I'll speak, I'll start from before Landmark was conceptualized, but then to what end. I'll pass to avert handling a brethren to the world to destroy. But then, in a few years, more pristine and balanced organizations would arise to do the unbiased and incorruptible will of our father. Until then, the hypocrisy in the seemingly good willed gestures that are constructs to appear good will continue to maintain it's tarnished image while we await the progression of Gods Spirit into and through the guardians of the next frontier

As for lying,nothing on earth will make me do such. Mind you, my dossier at that time was my academic best my entire academia years. My comment was never about me. I simply know beyond and above and into the hypocrisy of a systemic construct I'll expose and speak about in the future albeit publicly.

Shalom
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by akilo1: 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Baba will award that contract for 300billions,nigerians will get sense by force
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by lovewins: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

I won't argue. It will require raising dusts. God forbid I cast dents on the image of our fathers. But rottenness fills within. We that understand the systemic and deliberate efforts to undermine the possibility of what could have been if done rightly are already on steady paths towards creating better systems and organizations that won't accommodate the rottenness of present organizations. If I'll speak, I'll start from before Landmark was conceptualized, but then to what end. I'll pass to avert handling a brethren to the world to destroy. But then, in a few years, more pristine and balanced organizations would arise to do the unbiased and incorruptible will of our father. Until then, the hypocrisy in the seemingly good willed gestures that are constructs to appear good will continue to maintain it's tarnished image while we await the progression of Gods Spirit into and through the guardians of the next frontier

As for lying,nothing on earth will make me do such. Mind you, my dossier at that time was my academic best my entire academia years. My comment was never about me. I simply know beyond and above and into the hypocrisy of a systemic construct I'll expose and speak about in the future albeit publicly.

Shalom

You're obviously very familiar with the system, and like I said repeatedly the system isn't perfect. I've also had my own share.

By the way, I was being generic in my explanation and wasn't in anyway referring to you.

And when I said you lie, it was on reference to what you claimed earlier. You made definite statements that weren't true.

As to intentions, you can't judge another man's intentions, just like I can't judge yours. Intentions are innate and so only know to man and God.

I personally feel the system can do a lot more, but I choose to celebrate the once they do, just approaching things differently.

Blessings
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Mercilina98: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
Yay��
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:

You're obviously very familiar with the system, and like I said repeatedly the system isn't perfect. I've also had my own share.

By the way, I was being generic in my explanation and wasn't in anyway referring to you.

And when I said you lie, it was on reference to what you claimed earlier. You made definite statements that weren't true.

As to intentions, you can't judge another man's intentions, just like I can't judge yours. Intentions are innate and so only know to man and God.

I personally feel the system can do a lot more, but I choose to celebrate the once they do, just approaching things differently.

Blessings

If you've observed there isn't hate In my comments. This is a man ive never for once spoken I'll against and when people speak against I walk away from their midst. I only expressed my displeasure today the first time in decades and maybe the only time. I'll keep my displeasure to myself from henceforth. Ive never seen crisitcising or condemning a minister as a thing of interest and will never will. But I'll rather use 600 million to cushion school fees so over 2000 children won't drop out of their normal schools for public institutions after they started on a path.

The focus is to create open institutions for me now. Let everybody function at the level of their revelatory insight, wisdom and knowledge. There must be internal imbrigrolio within the brotherhood

If I speak up to expose things, the kingdom will shake.Freeze isn't on my level.but then we edify in the kingdom not destroy. But I'm tired of seeing rottenness. Rottenness. Rotteness

I am on my personal level doing something to change the course of the current norm.

Compare Hillsong Australia and the likes of those institutions you'll know there's massive gap in good will downhere
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by chiogoezubem(f): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
EzeAmusu:
No need thanking you Mr man. This one pass watin you Don thieve from the gullible masses all in the name of tithes and first seed.

If u like quote me and start talking like an established morrrrrooon, that one is left for you and ur village people.

Nonsense and buhari shrink balls.

My dear, I will quote you if I need to correct you. Bishop Oyedepo does not encourage first fruit offerings.

Now, you can think on that information.

As for being moronic, and the village people stuff, na you know o...

God bless you plenty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by lovewins: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
kunleweb:

If you've observed there isn't hate In my comments. This is a man ive never for once spoken I'll against and when people speak against I walk away from their midst. I only expressed my displeasure today the first time in decades and maybe the only time. I'll keep my displeasure to myself from henceforth. Ive never seen crisitcising or condemning a minister as a thing of interest and will never will. But I'll rather use 600 million to cushion school fees so over 2000 children won't drop out of their normal schools for public institutions after they started on a path.

The focus is to create open institutions for me now. Let everybody function at the level of their revelatory insight, wisdom and knowledge. There must be internal imbrigrolio within the brotherhood

If I speak up to expose things, the kingdom will shake.Freeze isn't on my level.but then we edify in the kingdom not destroy. But I'm tired of seeing rottenness. Rottenness. Rotteness

I am on my personal level doing something to change the course of the current norm.

Compare Hillsong Australia and the likes of those institutions you'll know there's massive gap in good will downhere

Keep at doing what you can sir to birth changes.

Comparing Living Faith to Hillsong isn't exactly the best, I dare say you don't know Hillsong so well to from basis for comparison.

About things you could reveal? The Kingdom won't shake, that would be overestimation of self. (And I dare say there's nothing you want to share about "for" in the system that I do not know, even more than you know).

Irrespective of the inadequacies, Jesus is building his church.

Things will sure get better

Blessings

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Niyinficient(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
Judemarco31:

This particular money now will still be collected from members nationwide, *Offering and Donations for road constructions*. Bet me members of Winners, u will soon hear such announcement one day in church or they might give it another name like *Church Project Offering*

Stop displaying ignorance in such a public place. Winners never announce offering for such projects.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by kunleweb: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
lovewins:

Keep at doing what you can sir to birth changes.

Comparing Living Faith to Hillsong isn't exactly the best, I dare say you don't know Hillsong so well to from basis for comparison.

About things you could reveal? The Kingdom won't shake, that would be overestimation of self. (And I dare say there's nothing you want to share about "for" in the system that I do not know, even more than you know).

Irrespective of the inadequacies, Jesus is building his church.

Things will sure get better

Blessings

The shaking is already here. Not everyone is average. In due time.

Peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by philipobiz: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:

Number of people travelling or going to Cannaland to give offering because of the bad road has been on the decline. So the offering is declining. Fixing the road will stop the decline, and steadily increase the number of people and offering.

What a smart move, buy this businessman. He can not afford to wait for the government. Besides, am sure the amount announced is exaggerated
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Serveyouright(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nice one sir. Giving back to the society, God bless you more. These are people who suppose to manage our economy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by joepepsy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Na our money. .my elder sis been paying tithe for more than 18 yrs now and is part of the money I ve been sending her. [oolcharm post=83416356]Where are the pastor bashers?

[/quote]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hope the one dt calls himsef daddy freeze is seeing this?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by eguarojeona: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Too sure it wouldn't come out from his pockets.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by promisedeco(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

Acts 4:32, 34-35 (KJV)

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.
All this long story is for what

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Emmachi2810(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
Nice one from Oyedepo, however he still has a long way to go, considering the amount involved here (N.65 Billion) in comparison with that of the aircraft he recently purchased (N2.5 billion) amongst others, for it's only when he starts getting to the point where that riches he accumulates begin to pale in comparison to that which he distributes, that he would know that he has gotten somewhere.

Also very importantly he has to stop mocking the poor and needy and also discouraging people from helping them, for that was the basis of his heresy concerning Job not tithing, since Job was well known as the father of the poor because of the extent to which he helped the poor, being a well known mocker of the poor that Oyedepo is, he wanted to by all means give people the idea that just giving to the poor and needy alone would not make God rebuke the devourer for one's sake.

And I don't think God would have been happy with that for God doesn't use the poor and needy to play, so no true friend of God is an enemy of the poor, and I believe that Job attitude towards the poor was one thing which set him apart in the sight of God, and hence one of the reasons God proudly showcased him to the devil.

So obviously that's a leaf that Oyedepo can take from Job's life for him to be able to command the same kind of respect from God.

For that is also in accordance with the teachings of Jesus and the example which His disciples had followed when the church first began, which is riches by distribution not by accumulation:

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

So until Oyedepo's church gets to this point where none of his members have lack, he should not see himself as a rich man.

God bless.

Why don't You Just do a little research on his Spontaneous Giving
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by neutrotoba(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
coolcharm:

The pastor bashers are blind right now, they will open their eyes when it comes to issues of tithe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by simiife: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
Judemarco31:

This particular money now will still be collected from members nationwide, *Offering and Donations for road constructions*. Bet me members of Winners, u will soon hear such announcement one day in church or they might give it another name like *Church Project Offering*

The only money collected in Canaan land is offering and tithe,never for once have this man asked us to pay money for anything, not once[b]
Judemarco31:

The only money collected in Canaan land is offering and tithe,never for once have this man asked us to pay money for anything, not once[/b]
Judemarco31:

The only money collected in Canaan land is offering and tithe,never for once have this man asked us to pay money for anything, not once
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by princegeo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
jesusjnr:

God bless.

What are you talking about , wake up man
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2019
Good one sir

More grease to ur elbow sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
If any man of GOD did sometin good i will praise him

And if any did sometin wrong i will pray 4 him

We r all human being .so help me GOD
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by precious519: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Good
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by Dotng: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
DirtyGold:
This is really laudable... these are the real chairmen who move mountains with the stash they're sitting on.

However, fixing roads leading to your business premises/church isn't a selfless thing, it is a corporate social responsibility with tax incentives/credit. Smart business move nonetheless and more businesses should be doing this.

I need to start a church asap by the way

What's tha business?
You need help. People like you never appreciate good things. You just trivialise an initiative that Government has been unable to do with a corporate social responsibility nonsense.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by simiife: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nawa oo,Nigerians re insatiably ungrateful, u do,dey will look for one meaningless point to run it down,if u don't do,dey will commit suicide,but I'm not surprised,there is a part of the Bible says u can't be loved by all no matter how good u re,kinda forgotten where its located in d Bible, Jesus also suffered d same thing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by edoairways: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
TheDestroyer:
This is what the church should be not the comedy it has become. Bravo
The church should construct roads?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Approves N650 Million To Repair Roads by simiife: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2019
philipobiz:

Number of people travelling or going to Cannaland to give offering because of the bad road has been on the decline. So the offering is declining. Fixing the road will stop the decline, and steadily increase the number of people and offering.

What a smart move, buy this businessman. He can not afford to wait for the government. Besides, am sure the amount announced is exaggerated

what if I told u dat even with the bad roads the number of pple attending the church has never declined, rather it has been on a increase, u probably don't knw about d church's soul winning policy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.