Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

(Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. (13399 Views)

“I Couldn’t Walk The Next Day” – Woman, 80, Talks About First Sex With Boyfriend / This Is How Confused The Modern Day Woman Is.. / “I Couldn’t Walk The Next Day” –Woman, 80, Talks About Sex With Boyfriend, 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mind you, I am not an emotional type. But I still maintain that my comments are different from his own. That's that.
wrongnumber:

Honestly I can't argue with you regarding how you comprehend his write up but it is all about perspective.

Ladies get emotional anytime they read about men cheating but it is so unfortunate that it is the reality of life and only a realist will understand this which I guess is who toks is.

My sister, talk from now till tomorrow, vex all the vex in the world and infact write and preach against unfaithfullness and you will be amazed that it will be effort in futility.

Who fights nature? Same way you can't win this battle so learn to cope. This is a bitter pill to swallow but please start learning how to cope with the bitterness cos it will help you in this wicked world of men.

This matter don tire me to discuss abeg.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Blackmiserable(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
wrongnumber:

Honestly I can't argue with you regarding how you comprehend his write up but it is all about perspective.

Ladies get emotional anytime they read about men cheating but it is so unfortunate that it is the reality of life and only a realist will understand this which I guess is who toks is.

My sister, talk from now till tomorrow, vex all the vex in the world and infact write and preach against unfaithfullness and you will be amazed that it will be effort in futility.

Who fights nature? Same way you can't win this battle so learn to cope. This is a bitter pill to swallow but please start learning how to cope with the bitterness cos it will help you in this wicked world of men.

Lol. Wicked world of men?
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Toks2008:
In the days of our mothers when marriage had great value and respect, women don't wait to fall in love before they marry any man but they marry first and grow to respect and appreciate the man with full submission...in fact women had no business with feelings of love but only one thing was vital to them....RAISING THEIR CHILDREN and ironically, they rarely depend on the man to help them achieve this and the only basic thing they needed the men for was satisfying their sexual needs even when the men were perceived to be overly demanding for conjugation and polygamous in nature.

Fast forward to the present-day.... Women what to be sure they have feelings for the man before they even date him, they want to be sure he loves them, they want gender equality, a man that will remain faithful to them, a man that can take care of them financially and in most cases, it ends in heartbreak with a resultant negative effect on the children that ought to be their main priority.

What is my point?

The present-day woman has changed the concept of marriage as created by GOD cos they are not ready to submit to their husbands as the women of old did and as instructed by GOD thereby making the institution unattractive. A woman has no business with loving any man or developing any feelings for a man before she marries him...the most important thing to look out for is if the man is responsible enough to be respected and be a father to her kids... in fact many of us wouldn't have been born by our mothers if they did not set their priorities right and if they hinged their marital happiness on their husbands actions or inaction.

The joy and priority of any lady should be herself and her kids but should never be hinged on what the man does with his life. Even if he is the philandering type you can simply switch him in your mind from a husband figure to a booty call without the need of you leaving your marriage to start looking for an imaginary faithful man...(You can do this...its a thing of the mind)

A lady should bring to the world the number of children she can conveniently cater to without the help of the man. And when the kids come, she should focus on raising her kids and make sure she is financially independent to do this without the man's help.

Your main priority as a woman in this one life you have is not to love a man or worry your head over a man loving you or being faithful to you. Your number one duty is to be the best you can be, bring forth and raise a GOD loving generation..If you are a lady nearing menopause and you are still single, look for a responsible sperm donor to have a kid with as long as he is willing to be a father to your kids and live a happy life...that you are a single mum will never stop a man from desiring you...don't allow menopause catch up on you whilst waiting to get married.

Hope this makes sense.

@last line, absolutely not. Makes zero damn sense!

4 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
pocohantas:
Thank God for women and marriage,

I wonder what lots of you would be talking about. I also wonder what you want to write that you haven't written in your hundreds of previous topics.

E go pass how we want responsible and faithful ready-made men that are already taken and/or heavily desired?

-how we want equality without equal responsibilities?

-how we want faithful husbands when all men are polygamous by default?

-how cheating doesn't change the love a man has for his wife as long as he performs his duties, she should focus on her kids. He would definitely come back home...

-Etc

Nothing eye-opening to be written again in 2019. Every grown woman has been hearing these things since she was born. Some of us can recite it like the multiplication table.

You said everything on my mind concerning this post.

Gosh, these (Nigerian) guys mentalities are nauseating!!!

5 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
Toks2008:
In the days of our mothers when marriage had great value and respect, women don't wait to fall in love before they marry any man but they marry first and grow to respect and appreciate the man with full submission...in fact women had no business with feelings of love but only one thing was vital to them....RAISING THEIR CHILDREN and ironically, they rarely depend on the man to help them achieve this and the only basic thing they needed the men for was satisfying their sexual needs even when the men were perceived to be overly demanding for conjugation and polygamous in nature.

Fast forward to the present-day.... Women what to be sure they have feelings for the man before they even date him, they want to be sure he loves them, they want gender equality, a man that will remain faithful to them, a man that can take care of them financially and in most cases, it ends in heartbreak with a resultant negative effect on the children that ought to be their main priority.

What is my point?

The present-day woman has changed the concept of marriage as created by GOD cos they are not ready to submit to their husbands as the women of old did and as instructed by GOD thereby making the institution unattractive. A woman has no business with loving any man or developing any feelings for a man before she marries him...the most important thing to look out for is if the man is responsible enough to be respected and be a father to her kids... in fact many of us wouldn't have been born by our mothers if they did not set their priorities right and if they hinged their marital happiness on their husbands actions or inaction.

The joy and priority of any lady should be herself and her kids but should never be hinged on what the man does with his life. Even if he is the philandering type you can simply switch him in your mind from a husband figure to a booty call without the need of you leaving your marriage to start looking for an imaginary faithful man...(You can do this...its a thing of the mind)

A lady should bring to the world the number of children she can conveniently cater to without the help of the man. And when the kids come, she should focus on raising her kids and make sure she is financially independent to do this without the man's help.

Your main priority as a woman in this one life you have is not to love a man or worry your head over a man loving you or being faithful to you. Your number one duty is to be the best you can be, bring forth and raise a GOD loving generation..If you are a lady nearing menopause and you are still single, look for a responsible sperm donor to have a kid with as long as he is willing to be a father to your kids and live a happy life...that you are a single mum will never stop a man from desiring you...don't allow menopause catch up on you whilst waiting to get married.

Hope this makes sense.

Please push this topi to front page.

This is exactly what emmah is going through at the moment, and am sure some people are.

I have learnt from this, I also want others to learn from it.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Hahahaha, this cracked me up. I understand your position judging from the fact that not many people are gifted in freelance writing. I don't do copy and paste. It flows from my head effortlessly.

You can google this title and you will be amazed only nairaland will come up as your search result talking about this very thread.

Thanks luv

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
liberalchick:
These options are not available to all infertile couples and it is expensive. So what happens to the wife in a childless marriage?

You mean a wife whose husband is sterile?
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Toks2008:

I think Satan should be more scared of men who are so mean that all they do is mess up the lives of ladies.

My write up will make sense to any reasonable woman who understands that there is nothing any lady can do to right the menance of Randy men.

They come online to bark like dogs but they still go back to face the harsh reality...some of them are now so clueless that they have accepted that most guys are Randy but if you must cheat then you must be rich.

My guy abeg I no fit shout. My threads are in support of ladies but cos I write realistic stuff, the ladies with indomie brains won't catch the drift but the wise ones wiĺl understand.

You don't even need to say anything further.

You have said it all.

The worst part is that when we women complain to pastor's. They still fail to tell us reality of life.

They pretend as if they too are not into the infidelity/unfaithful ness games.

They will condemn your husband, because they know that is what you will like to hear.

They pretend to be saint whereas they are not

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
The best is to have the number of children you can cater for if worst come to worst.

Make sure you are financially independent.

Love your kids.

But if you don't have kids yet.
Go to hospital with your husband. If the problem is from him, please involve the family member, maybe the mum. Let them decide the best option. Go for it fast. But if you don't want, just Port immediately, don't wait any further because time doesn't Wait for a woman.

Most men, even though the fault is from him, what they do is to delay the woman by not saying anything till menopause and after which they will come up one day to tell you that a woman some where gave birth for them.

His family will believe him , even though the y know his status.

Ladies be wise
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
PHOTSEE:
REALLY, I CHOOSE NOT TO MENTION THIS TIME, DON'T YOU THINK THE VERY CELEBRITIES YOU LISTED WILL NOT BLICK AN EYE TO LEAVE SUCH THING OP CALLED MARRIAGE ABOVE, HOW MANY OF THEM CAN STAND TO BE A GOOD MODEL FOR YOUR DAUGHT,SINGLE MOTHER WITHOUT HUSBAND (NOT CAUSE BY LOST SPOUSE) BUT INTENTIONAL JUST TO BE CALLED BABE MAMA, FALLING SOCIAL SYSTEM, WHAT ARE THEY RUNING FROM? WHAT IF IT HAPPENS YOU ASKED? IT EVERYWHERE , ALL YOU JUST NEED TO DO IS OPEN YOUR EYE AND SEE, AND STOP BEING SELF CENTERED AND INCONSIDERATE, I AM A MAN OF LITTLE WORDS YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW.

Your words are so big mehn
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PHOTSEE(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
HI MISS
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
The guy is now so bold, declaring that women don't need love or faithfulness from their husbands but must continue submitting to same husband and raise God loving children.

I no come know which religion him dey follow that allows men to cheat and not show love to wives but wives must submit to them.

A man was chatting with his girlfriend, he suddenly saw his wife, he click on another icon and smartly call the wife to see pastors sermon message on the screen
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PHOTSEE(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Amanda4life:

how are you dear, hope great? sorry if was not of delight ,hope not mistaking what you meant
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Ryan03(f): 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
DMerciful:
I would love to meet you in real life grin
I use my phone beg you, nor come thief my queen poco

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mstick:
Nigerian version of Christianity cracks me up big time. cheesy cheesy

The Bible said thou shall not commit adultery but in Nigeria it's interpreted as, women don't commit adultery but a man can.

Same bible said men love your wives in Nigeria it's interpreted as, men it up to you even if you love her or not she must submit to you after all you paid bride price.

To be honest, this is one of the most sickening write ups ever but in the mind of this docile man he feels he made sense.

Why should I marry a man I don't love?
Why should kids be brought up in a loveless
marriage?
Why should I give my body to a man I know sleeps with numerous women and risk my health and well-being?
Why should I watch helplessly while a man pursues his happiness meanwhile I am dying of unhappiness just because YOU asked me to?

They keep talking about "our mothers" like they did such a great job. The Nigerian society is just a reflection of the homes and family life in Nigeria.
*wickedness *envy *hopelessness

Men want to tell women how to act, how to think, how to live meanwhile you lot are the WORST when it comes to crime and evil.

Where is the thread advising men to stop raping, killing, violence, stealing, cultism.

You religious people have exonerated "men"From doing anything in their homes after all a "wise woman builds the home" still you want to be accorded maximum respect.

That is divorce loading.

The person will eventually becomes a single mum without a financial helper.

So for me its very stupid of me to divorce while there are kids. I wouldn't want to suffer and train kids alone. At the end of the day they will answer the mans name.

If I want to have man friend s, I will
But If I don't want, I Will just let my shadow be in the marriage, if I see means of traveling out, I will do sharp sharp, knowing that training kids over there will not be that difficult
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
Amanda4life:

That is divorce loading.

The person will eventually becomes a single mum without a financial helper.

So for me its very stupid of me to divorce while there are kids. I wouldn't want to suffer and train kids alone. At the end of the day they will answer the mans name.

If I want to have man friend s, I will
But If I don't want, I Will just let my shadow be in the marriage, if I see means of traveling out, I will do sharp sharp, knowing that training kids over there will not be that difficult

So you are broke, uneducated and you can't live without your husband. You are definitely op's audience, I'm glad his bs reached one person.

Maybe advocate for family planning and education before marriage instead of the crap you are selling here grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by CaptainMitch: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Kai you are beautiful
Guest007:

So you are broke, uneducated and you can't live without your husband. You are definitely op's audience, I'm glad his bs reached one person.

Maybe advocate for family planning and education before marriage instead of the crap you are selling here grin grin grin
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by wrongnumber: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Amanda4life:

Please push this topi to front page.

This is exactly what I'm going through at the moment, and am sure some people are.

I have learnt from this, I also want them to learn from it.
Thanks

You need to call the mods. Maybe myndd or lalasticlala.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Guest007:

I see you are looking for who will single handedly train your kids for you.

Mad man

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Guest007:

I pray God blesses you with my kind.

I will quietly treat your case.

In your next life when you see a woman you will take to your heels

IsI agboncha
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by wrongnumber: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Amanda4life:

I pray God blesses you with my kind.

I will quietly treat your case.

In your next life when you see a woman you will take to your heels

Seems you are going through a tough time but be strong.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
Toks2008:

on your other point, i can see that you just choose to be very ignorant. Divorce, as well as Polygamy, were never in GOD's original plan but at a point GOD permitted the two
Mathew 19:8
'Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning"

sir, Jesus said Moses - not Him or his Papa. Permission doesn't make doing something the best/God's will or desire. Because so many things were recorded in the Bible. So many things. Rape, incest. God gave people over. So, where are the verses on GOD DIRECTLY allowing divorce or polygamy.

....then he went further to give grounds for divorce.

So, right... Jesus said divorce should happen when infidelity set in. This is clear.

My questions to you:
1.Do you believe that verse and think couples should follow it?
2.Do you think that verse bounds only a woman to be faithful to her husband?

so all your cry cry of a man cheating is dumb and a waste of time cos a man can either choose to be with just one woman or as many as he likes so YES i am a bonafide believer in christ but i am not the type who will tell you what you want to hear.

3. As a Christian, what do you think of:

Proverbs 5:15-23?
Hebrews 13:4?
1 Corinthians 7:1-4; 13:4-7?
1 Timothy 3:2-4?
Malachi 2:14-16?
1 Peter 3:7?

2 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Amanda4life: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
wrongnumber:

Seems you are going through a tough time but be strong.

Just responding to the write up,

For everything in life there's a solution except death
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Ryan03(f): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
Blackmiserable:

You're a realist, to be honest. This is the question I have always had to ask American FEMALE Redditors (reddit.com) who would often say "My husband heated on me and I got to know through blablabla...." and all its different variants, you get. It blows my mind that every single time the kind of comments I read is basically this: He doesn't deserve you. You deserve better. Breakup.

Any woman who is not mentally ill should go for option C. There were ladies, Toks, who kinda reiterated your position while I served in a local government as a Corp member. If you get fidelity from your man, fine, but if you don't, just focus on your children. I think it makes sense. It makes no sense to me to breakup with your husband because he's cheating. That your B funny sha.
but it makes sense to send your wife packing if she cheats on you? Why didn't you consider the children and the nonsense broken home ish?

2 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by otherway: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
This thread is really an interesting one. Where is the OP sef? The guy don run from from nairaland babes.

Make moderators carry this thread go front page abeg.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
wrongnumber:

So, you'll rather spread the mantra of accepting the status quo than imploring people to change their conditioning? Attitudes?

2 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PHOTSEE(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
WHAT YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT MARRIAGE IS A DIFFERENT INSTITUATION CREATED BY GOD. THERE IS NOTHING AGE OF ONE HAS TO WITH IT? BUT EXPRIENCES THAT MATTERS. YOUNG AND OLD ALSO DEADS IN MARRIAGE SPECIALLY WHEN IN AN ABUSIVE ONE, THIS LIFE HAVE NO DUPLICATE. MOVE IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT WANTED AND NEEDED, MOST ASPECIALLY BY THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY. MARRIAGE IS NOT BY FORCE. BECAUSE IT OWN BY GOD, NO MAN CAN JUGH YOU EXCEPT GOD.
IF YOU ARE GONE AND NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, THE CHILDREN WILL LEAVE ON WITHOUT YOU AND THAT MAN WILL LOOK FOR .....
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by otherway: 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2019
Magnoliaa:

So, you'll rather spread the mantra of accepting the status quo than imploring people to change their conditioning? Attitudes?

And in your mind you think you can preach men out of philandering?

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PHOTSEE(m): 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
otherway:

AND WHICH MAN DOES THAT, IN DETRIMENT OF HIS FAMILY? FOR A CHEAP HOE TRASHABLE BY EVERY TOM AND DICK, AND COMES OUT OPENLY TO DISHONOR HIS HOUSEHOLD. BIRDS OF THESE FEATHERS FLY ALIKES.

2 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Amanda4life:

Fvcking Sarcasm! It was so sweat to discover grin grin grin
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Magnoliaa(f): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
otherway:

People can change their orientation and can conform to a certain way of living. "It's a mind thing" - like the OP is fond of saying.

It's beliefs like the OP's, yours and more that aid the behaviors of unfaithful men. They don't respect anybody.

Why is it okay to preach to a woman to stay with a cheating partner? Is it okay for her to cheat,
too? Anyone can cheat. People are naturally polygamous. So if you can expect of the woman faithfulness (which is contrary to her nature),
why can't you expect the same of a man?

4 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by otherway: 12:01am On Oct 28, 2019
Magnoliaa:

People can change their orientation and can conform to a certain way of living. "It's a mind thing" - like the OP is fond of saying.

It's beliefs like the OP's, yours and more that aid the behaviors of unfaithful men. They don't respect anybody.

Why is it okay to preach to a woman to stay with a cheating partner? Is it okay for her to cheat,
too? Anyone can cheat. People are naturally polygamous. So if you can expect of the woman faithfulness (which is contrary to her nature),
why can't you expect the same of a man?

Any lady is also free to cheat o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex With A Very Old Woman Of About 120 Years / I Think My 11yr Old Nephew Is Gay / Please What's The Name Of This (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.