Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

(Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. (13424 Views)

“I Couldn’t Walk The Next Day” – Woman, 80, Talks About First Sex With Boyfriend / This Is How Confused The Modern Day Woman Is.. / “I Couldn’t Walk The Next Day” –Woman, 80, Talks About Sex With Boyfriend, 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
bukatyne:

If our mothers' way was perfect and they had well brought up kids, wouldn't their daughters (us) be perfect?

Abi you have forgotten that the terrible daughters of today were brought up by the perfect mothers of yesterday.

Despite overwhelming evidence, we are all in denial that the mothers hailed as been content with their lives must have secretly abhorred it to collectively raise the daughters of today.

Off topic.

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
A woman doesn’t deserve happiness, yeah?

Her purpose in this life is to go into a loveless marriage, with a philandering man... and at the same time be ready to raise her children all by herself.

How beautiful!

19 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
A woman doesn’t deserve happiness, yeah?

Her purpose in this life is to go into a loveless marriage, with a philandering man... and at the same time be ready to raise her children all by herself.

How beautiful!

Here we go again... if your kids cant give you the 100% happiness then you need to have a rethink.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by liberalchick(f): 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
So what happens to an infertile wife?
Toks2008:

Here we go again... if your kids cant give you the 100% happiness then you need to have a rethink.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
liberalchick:
So what happens to an infertile wife?

There are options like getting an egg donor for her husband or she can adopt any orphan

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by liberalchick(f): 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
These options are not available to all infertile couples and it is expensive. So what happens to the wife in a childless marriage?
Toks2008:

There are options like getting an egg donor for her husband or she can adopt any orphan

18 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by ABCthings: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toks2008: ...
Well done.

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by genq(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
bukatyne:

If our mothers' way was perfect and they had well brought up kids, wouldn't their daughters (us) be perfect?

Abi you have forgotten that the terrible daughters of today were brought up by the perfect mothers of yesterday.

Despite overwhelming evidence, we are all in denial that the mothers hailed as been content with their lives must have secretly abhorred it to collectively raise the daughters of today.

You've made a very silly comment without acknowledging the fact that a human being's development is made up of a combination of NATURE and NURTURE.

Are you saying that most women today have become utterly useless, with very lose morals because their mothers taught them to be this way?

I love how you conveniently ignored the influence of society, westernisation, social media etc... lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by kurupt1: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
pocohantas:

Do you want to write anything new?

You have over 300 threads, at least 100 is on women/marriage. So, what new can you write?

Nigerian men never change (for better) na. They are still using same OS our fathers used before independence. grin
And if not for ur father that trained you,you won't be on nairaland posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by pocohantas(f): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
kurupt1:
And if not for ur father that trained you,you won't be on nairaland posting rubbish

Yea, you are very correct. But that is because he wasn't on NL quoting people that are posting rubbish. Neither did he spend ample time discussing women. Unlike this useless generation of slaykings #spits angry

15 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by IAMBlesssed(f): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
What an advice...

To those that will heed this advise, remember you re on your own if you finally lands in a loveless marriage. When ur story reaches Nairaland front-page seeking for advice, you will only get sympathy and insults. .
Ladies be careful, marriage is deeper than all these stories. In my opinion it's better to be single and be happy and productive with ur life than being with the wrong partner. Bad marriage is destructive, it drains you. People be wise..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
liberalchick:
These options are not available to all infertile couples and it is expensive. So what happens to the wife in a childless marriage?

Adoption is the cheapest option. There are orphans every where.

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
IAMBlesssed:
What an advice...

To those that will heed this advise, remember you re on your own if you finally lands in a loveless marriage. When ur story reaches Nairaland front-page seeking for advice, you will only get sympathy and insults. .
Ladies be careful, marriage is deeper than all these stories. In my opinion it's better to be single and be happy and productive with ur life than being with the wrong partner. Bad marriage is destructive, it drains you. People be wise..

Chai! Is it that you are just troublesome or clueless or maybe unintelligent cos what you wrote is just a paraphrased version of what my thread is all about.

I think some ladies only have brains for rancour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
Your priority as a woman in this one life you have is not to love a man or worry your head over a man loving you or being faithful to you and it is not a MUST to marry. Your number one duty is to bring forth and raise a GOD loving generation

I no talk am? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
pocohantas:

I no talk am? grin

Trouble maker...you tried so much to justify your erroneous conclusion that you had to crop out a phrase yet you still couldn't.

So what is wrong with what you maliciously cropped out?

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by liberalchick(f): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
You’re not answering my question. The adoption process is neither cheap nor straightforward. Some husbands refuse to raise an adopted child. We both know that in Nigeria, there are childless marriages. So I will ask again, what happens to the wife in a childless marriage?

Toks2008:

Adoption is the cheapest option. There are orphans every where.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
liberalchick:
You’re not answering my question. The adoption process is neither cheap nor straightforward. Some husbands refuse to raise an adopted child. We both know that in Nigeria, there are childless marriages. So I will ask again, what happens to the wife in a childless marriage?

See me see trouble o. If she is so poor that she can't afford the options mentioned abeg wettin make I do?

Let her accept her fate biko and stop disturbing me.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by IAMBlesssed(f): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toks2008:

Chai! Is it that you are just troublesome or clueless or maybe unintelligent cos what you wrote is just a paraphrased version of what my thread is all about.

I think some ladies only have brains for rancour.

Oga I read everything and I know what I'm saying. According to ur write up "marriage is all about having kids. Don't bother your head whether the man is good or bad in as much as he can take care of ur kids abi?

Well I disagree..

11 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toks2008:

I won’t say what I’m inclined to say. But may the Lord give you wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 26, 2019
pocohantas:
Thank God for women and marriage,

I wonder what lots of you would be talking about. I also wonder what you want to write that you haven't written in your hundreds of previous topics.

E go pass how we want responsible and faithful ready-made men that are already taken and/or heavily desired?

-how we want equality without equal responsibilities?

-how we want faithful husbands when all men are polygamous by default?

-how cheating doesn't change the love a man has for his wife as long as he performs his duties, she should focus on her kids. He would definitely come back home...

-Etc

Nothing eye-opening to be written again in 2019. Every grown woman has been hearing these things since she was born. Some of us can recite it like the multiplication table.
Somebody should take this lady off market.. She is too experienced shocked

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 12:18am On Oct 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

I won’t say what I’m inclined to say. But may the Lore give you wisdom.

Must your life revolve around a man loving or staying faithful to you? Are there not better things to life than all these madness about a man loving or staying faithful to a lady?

May GOD GIVE YOU FORESIGHT.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 26, 2019
Menopause is catching up. I need a sperm donor.

He has to be fair, tall and Ibo and more importantly, free from any disease. Apply within, no time to waste undecided

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Menopause is catching up. I need a sperm donor.

He has to be fair, tall and Ibo and more importantly, free from any disease. Apply within, no time to waste undecided
You are still young...
And please don't be tribal-biased on this... You will break many hearts undecided
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 26, 2019
I swear op has some personal issues with happiness grin

I wish you would respect yourself and go and find your age mate so you don't have to try so hard to brainwash lil girls into taking what their aunties left behind... cry

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 12:50am On Oct 26, 2019
Guest007:
I swear op has some personal issues with happiness grin

I wish you would respect yourself and go and find your age mate so you don't have to try so hard to brainwash lil girls into taking what their aunties left behind... cry

Please who exactly has issues with happiness if not people like you who tie their happiness to a man's fidelity or love towards them.

The wise will catch the message whilst dreamers like you may learn the hard way.

Many of us wouldn't have been born if our mothers tied their happiness to the actions of their husbands but indomie kids are so deluded exhibiting mumuisim in the name of lovey dovey.

1 Like

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 26, 2019
Toks2008:

A woman has no business with loving any man or develping any feelings for a man before she marries him...the most important thing to look out for is if the man is responsible enough to be called a Dad...

The joy and priority of any lady should be her kids and should never be hinged on what the man does with his life. Even if he is the philandering type you can simply switch him in your mind from a husband figure to a booty call without the need of you leaving your marriage...(You can do this...its a thing of the mind)

My advise to unmarried ladies is to settle with a man that is good enough to be a responsible Dad and only bring to the world the number of children she can conviniently cater for without the help of the man. And when the kids come, she should focus on raising her kids and make sure she is financially independent to do this without the man's help.

Hmm oga Toks well done oh. Today epistle na big wa!

E no follow at all, this your Post na Sadist playbook. Women who would live their life in perpetual sadness LMAO.

"Even if he is the philandering type you can simply switch him in your mind from a husband figure to a booty call" --- O boy, you go Wicked gaan oh. Ahn Ahn.

Satan dey learn work for your side grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by CHoccolaTE: 2:13am On Oct 26, 2019
pocohantas:
There is nothing new he would write!

I am sure he is brainstorming to prove me wrong now. Make una advise unasef small na.

Next thing na to dey tag lalasticlala

"Lalasticlàla, I am sure you will find this enlightening"

"Lalasticlàla, don't sleep on this"

"I would still not want Lalasticlalà to miss this"

We have these manuals already ooo grin

Lol you already know his way of requesting front page, very irritating thing.
Lal@sticlala hope this makes sense?
Lal@sticlala am I communicating?

Evil human human being trying desperately hard to frustrate women's lives because his former wife left him.
And the lal@sticlala gan does not waste time to carry his evil agenda to front page for all the sociopaths and sadists to cheer him on.

11 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by CHoccolaTE: 2:16am On Oct 26, 2019
The guy is now so bold, declaring that women don't need love or faithfulness from their husbands but must continue submitting to same husband and raise God loving children.

I no come know which religion him dey follow that allows men to cheat and not show love to wives but wives must submit to them.

11 Likes

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Mstick: 2:47am On Oct 26, 2019
Nigerian version of Christianity cracks me up big time. cheesy cheesy

The Bible said thou shall not commit adultery but in Nigeria it's interpreted as, women don't commit adultery but a man can.

Same bible said men love your wives in Nigeria it's interpreted as, men it up to you even if you love her or not she must submit to you after all you paid bride price.

To be honest, this is one of the most sickening write ups ever but in the mind of this docile man he feels he made sense.

Why should I marry a man I don't love?
Why should kids be brought up in a loveless
marriage?
Why should I give my body to a man I know sleeps with numerous women and risk my health and well-being?
Why should I watch helplessly while a man pursues his happiness meanwhile I am dying of unhappiness just because YOU asked me to?

They keep talking about "our mothers" like they did such a great job. The Nigerian society is just a reflection of the homes and family life in Nigeria.
*wickedness *envy *hopelessness

Men want to tell women how to act, how to think, how to live meanwhile you lot are the WORST when it comes to crime and evil.

Where is the thread advising men to stop raping, killing, violence, stealing, cultism.

You religious people have exonerated "men"From doing anything in their homes after all a "wise woman builds the home" still you want to be accorded maximum respect.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 3:17am On Oct 26, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Lol you already know his way of requesting front page, very irritating thing.
Lal@sticlala hope this makes sense?
Lal@sticlala am I communicating?

Evil human human being trying desperately hard to frustrate women's lives because his former wife left him.
And the lal@sticlala gan does not waste time to carry his evil agenda to front page for all the sociopaths and sadists to cheer him on.

You no do your FBI work well.

Yes she left but that was not the end of the story...go back to where you got the info from to finish the story.

Tantafo.
Re: (Opinion) The Present-day Woman And Her Misplaced Priority In A Marriage. by Kingpablo17: 3:18am On Oct 26, 2019
[quote author=Toks2008 post=83467456]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Common Mistakes Men Make During Sex. / My Story / Would You For Any Reason Kneel Down For Your Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.