Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC (38627 Views)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / 2023 Presidency: We Are Waiting For Tinubu To Decide – Akeredolu / Olawunmi: Boko Haram Named Governors, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Positivepoint(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/2023-igbo-presidency-we-need-two-south-east-governors-senators-to-defect-to-apc-ohanaeze/

To subscribe to more 2023 jokes, text Igbo to 419 on every network including that of Israel. Remember service is free

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
Innovate07:

"Nobody wants to be 2nd class" you said. In Nigeria, we have more than 300 tribes in all honesty, has some of these tribes ever tasted the presidency, VP, senate president or even rep president? Some have never even tasted comon6being a minister but the Ibos that have been all if these are the ones saying us or no one else and you dare talk of fairness. Nigeria is not only Ibo, Yoruba and Hausa o. Some of these minor tribes are the ones producing even the wealth of this nation o.

You see say una matter get long tail?

Guy are you serious? Are you really pretending to not understand the concept of majority rules? Please tell me, what is the population of Nigeria minus the 4 MAJOR tribes?
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Afamed: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

I really detest dishonest people. Blackmail?? Really?
The issue at hand is the UNITY of this country. Every gotdamn honest Nigerian knows damn well it's the igbos turn. N you're here talking about blackmail. Igbos don't vote hausa? Igbos don't vote yoruba? Igbos don't vote niger delta? So them seeking the same support in return is them blackmailing Nigerians? Then let's stop the unity n one nigeria shenanigans. SOME don't want igbos to taste power. Simple as that.

Absolutely nothing stops apc from getting a popular igbo politician to defect. By offering him top of the ticket. IE peter obi. Party loyalty does not exist in Nigerian politics. All these guys are practically free agents. Igbos will vote apc if they bring the RIGHT candidate forward. It's up to apc power brokers to do their due diligence. So don't give me this co ck n bull story like it's a doomed idea.
How do you convince the party hierarchy ( APC) to zone their presidential ticket to SE where it's obvious they will gather less than 5% of the registered votes?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Johans1991: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
RTSC:

The plan is to get two Igbo candidates running against each other from the PDP and APC.

Igbos did not work for APC so nobody will give them ticket in APC. Their ohanneze president came out publicly to say that they don't want presidency in 2023 all d want is restructuring and atiku is going to give them restructuring.
Their god Namdi KANU also said they should vote for PDP not the evil party APC. So why do they want the evil party APC to forward their son?
We told them to stop doing politics with emotions but they called us names.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Goke7: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Smoke55:
Ohaneze youths ko, ohaneze adults ni.
all are just hungry bunch of political opportunists looking for where to feed full.how is igbo president going to help that chinedu na agba oso ahia na main market onitcha? how is it going to better the life of an average igbo man hustling in the street? after the support given to gudluck by the igbos during his regime how does it benefit the common man? how does buhari beeing the president affect the high rate of alamajiri in his state positively? all these our stupid elites taking us for fools...who is going to be the president? okorocha? okezie ikpazu? ike ekweremmadu? who exactly? same people that put us in our present condition,same people that cant even handle and maintain their respective states! smh!! good riddance!!!

don't be emotional, the igbos need the presidency for some image and ego boosting as a major ethnic group in Nigeria, since 1999, a yoruba man has been President and vp twice, an ijaw man has been vp and president for 8 yrs stretch and you think the igbos will be happy with the kind of huge profile they have as a region or tribe. common, they need the Presidency badly now.

bragging and image boosting rights are legitimate. You know why the white supremacists in America are angry, a black man and woman occupied the white house for eight years and they can't change that history. The Igbos need to make history in Nigeria for their unborn generations.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Guyman02: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Isiguzoro is discredited and not Ohaneze Youths leader, he is using Nairaland to spread fake News tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by spiralwedge(m): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
Sick people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by GODWIN78(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
in nnamdi kanu,s voice,biafra or nothing, by the way 10 percent of ohanaeze ndiori nama,can not say the mind of remaining 90 per of ipob.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by backbone503(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
The SE is about the most politically irrelevant geo-political zone in Nigeria. No South Easterner in the top 10 position of this country, yet they keep playing negative politics.

Giving less than 10% votes to the ruling party, and later expecting to get its presidential slot is quite laughable. They still don't understand that people toiled and moiled for the power they seek to be given them on a platter of gold.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Afamed:

How do you convince the party hierarchy ( APC) to zone their presidential ticket to SE where it's obvious they will gather less than 5% of the registered votes?

How can you read what I just wrote and ask me that question?
Igbos issue is with the leader of apc (Buhari) not the party itself. N based on the past 5yrs, can we honestly say they were wrong?
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Afamed: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
RTSC:

The plan is to get two Igbo candidates running against each other from the PDP and APC.

And do you think with this arrangement,Apc gets any better chance when it's obvious the SE will always give 97% of their votes to PDP?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
richie240:

I used to wonder why d northerners were always wary of the lots, but (political) events post 2014 have opened d eyes of the liberals - of which I was one.

Gbam!!! I cannot overstate how much damage this has done to the Igbo cause.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by bixton(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
We surely get two Igbo Presidential materials to fly PDP and APC tickets, especially those with the same pedigrees of Great Zik of Africa.

There's absolutely no politician from the known political class from the eastern block who possess the pedigree of Great Zik of Africa. Trying to do this is like those political fraudsters from the other side who will be claiming to be disciples of Chief Awololo.

We insists that Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide is not organizing any Award or Beauty pageant in Bayelsa, and we don’t support any candidate in Bayelsa Guber Candidate in the forthcoming elections.

We all understand where this message is coming from and going. Truth is that politics has changed and will not be same business as in times past.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Johans1991: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
franchasng:
Reading through the various comments on this 2023 Presidency makes one hate Yorubas the more, damn, gradually Yorubas are turning themselves to Northeastern Nigeria without knowing....its just a matter of time.....greed, insensibility and over confidence are what brings doom to a people.....I foresee some terrible future for the Yorubas if they continue with this unjustified hatred for Igbos.

Even the Hausa-Fulanis and Igbos that are known to disagree a lot in national politics don't show much hatred for each other like this....Yorubas don't know what they are doing to themselves....its always fun when you feel you are on the winning side, just a matter of time angry angry

This was why Moses killed an Egyptian in the Holy Bible angry
you hate d truth

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

Igbos issue is with the leader of apc (Buhari) not the party itself. N based on the past 5yrs, can we honestly say they were wrong?

let me tell you something, Buhari has done more for the SE than PDP in 16 years with less. Yes Ibo elites enjoyed under PDP but did it trickle down to the common man?

People like to say Buhari is causing division blah blah, Buhari did not cause division. The Ibo man lost power (that was not really his) for the 1st time since independence (every political iteration since 1960 except 2015, the ibos had always had a junior seat at the center) and so they started heating up the populace and creating divisions. It is not Buhari that stoked division, it's the Igbos because they felt the lost out on power!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by gabicon: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
The ground work should have started in 2015, it's a little too late now, the north is thinking of retaining power, the south west are after it too, the south south will jump at it if given the opportunity. At present there is no frontline candidate in the east, for an election 3 years away, the north is preparing, the west is preparing while the east is preparing to prepare.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
isthatso:

1. Nobody hates ibos, Ibos have a persecutuon complex and then start to attack everybody who then respond.

2. You dont "demand" something that if not given has no repercussion. You demand something when you have the power of consequence. There is no consequence if the Ibos are not given the presidential slot, you dont have the numbers to make a difference, do not have the majority to change the laws of the country and you dont have military power...so nothing will happen if your "demands" are not met! Are ibos going to leave PDP and join APC as 3rd class citizens aka frying pan to fire?

stop threatening, making noise and learn to be strategic and tactical!!

Nobody hates igbos you say? Really?
Why does anything that has to with the igbos on nairaland generate traffic?

Secondly, over the years igbos have kept faith with the PDP and so it right if they demand for a chance to rule Nigeria. Or does the goal post always have to shift when it involves the igbo.
You are talking about numbers, I guess it right when an igbo man sire children he can't train?
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by ProudDick: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

Are you ready to kill buhari from apc? He will remain in the party after finishing his tenure.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by ProudDick: 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lilswaghanxum:

Nobody hates igbos you say? Really?
Why does anything that has to with the igbos on nairaland generate traffic?

Secondly, over the years igbos have kept faith with the PDP and so it right if they demand for a chance to rule Nigeria. Or does the goal post always have to shift when it involves the igbo.
You are talking about numbers, I guess it right when an igbo man sire children he can't train?
Yes they are right to demand presidency from pdp but not from apc. That is the bone of contention. Read the thread again.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Kenturkey048(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
And the both na Anambra and Eboyi.....we all know umayi is a potential decampee immediately he finishes his governorship tenure...

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by nagoma(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Igbo cannot get to be President because of their methods:

1. Insulting everyone doesn’t make you likable. To be trusted you need to be likable and not hateful.

2. I can’t see Igbo Presidency in the near future after all they are a minority among the majority ethnic blocks.

3. Another major reason is that they claim to be Biafrans and have shaky loyalty to Nigeria. No country will elect a disloyal foreigner to be its president.

Anyway the writer is a half literate who doesn’t know how to write the phrase “in order to” and keeps writing it as “ in other to”

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
isthatso:

oh Unity? where was the unity when you were abusing every other tribe since 2015, where was the unity when you were labelling some people Afonjas and others Zombies and islamists, where was the unity when your people were threatening to break away and form your own republic, 2023 is round the corner and now you are shouting Unity? is it people that have tried to break away from the country twice that we will put in charge of the armed forces? Who hands over power to someone who has continously professed hate for him/her? do you people not think?

you will wait long for this presidency o!! You people dont seem to understand the damage you have done to your cause these last 4 years!!!

The average Northerner or SW is not voting for a president from the SE, except both parties field a SE candidate and thats never going to happen.

2039 earliest....and only if you behave yourselves in that time. personally I believe we will see another SS president before we see a SE president.

Guy is Nigeria the ONLY option for igbos? lol. Because that's the only way what you just wrote makes any sense.
It's hilarious how you took opinions from those on nairaland to be official igbo spokespeople. Because you were offended.
So igbos are the only ones misbehaving on nairaland abi? I really don't know why honesty is such a difficult task for some.

Let me tell you a secret, Nnamdi kanu is a nobody in igboland. He doesn't call any shots. But look what that man has done to shake the table. What happens when the actual shot callers say enough is enough? Can Nigeria withstand it? We shall see

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
ProudDick:

Yes they are right to demand presidency from pdp but not from apc. That is the bone of contention. Read the thread again.

Dude, I was talking about the PDP oh, Wetin concern me with APC.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
ProudDick:

Are you ready to kill buhari from apc? He will remain in the party after finishing his tenure.

Correct. But he will no longer be the face. Nor will the same influence. I'm sure you know this
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by MrSly(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
isthatso:

let me tell you something, Buhari has done more for the SE than PDP in 16 years with less. Yes Ibo elites enjoyed under PDP but did it trickle down to the common man?

People like to say Buhari is causing division blah blah, Buhari did not cause division. The Ibo man lost power (that was not really his) for the 1st time since independence (every political iteration since 1960 except 2015, the ibos had always had a junior seat at the center) and so they started heating up the populace and creating divisions. It is not Buhari that stoked division, it's the Igbos because they felt the lost out on power!!!

Isthatso....you tried sha. I'm still not buying.
You don't get to pat me on the head n say don't cry issokay. I'll decide if I'm okay. Hope you get
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Bekool(m): 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by goldmatrix(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
..soon you will hear that before Igbo can produce president of Nigeria they have to accept Islam and RUGA in all their LGAs in addition to men donating their balls for burnt offering to the Fulanis. grin

Ooh Ndigbo see as una dey follow dem dance soapy soapy in the market square instead of sticking to Biafra and fight to finish...

Please someone should remind me of this my comment in 2023...
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by RTSC: 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Johans1991:
Igbos did not work for APC so nobody will give them ticket in APC. Their ohanneze president came out publicly to say that they don't want presidency in 2023 all d want is restructuring and atiku is going to give them restructuring.
Their god Namdi KANU also said they should vote for PDP not the evil party APC. So why do they want the evil party APC to forward their son?
We told them to stop doing politics with emotions but they called us names.
Clown.
KANU wants a balkanisation of your country.
He does not give a shitt about the PDP and has never once support them.
His foot soldiers beat up ekweremdu in Germany.
Who is more PDP than ekweremdu in the east?
Illiterate. If you don't know current affairs, then shut up.

All the insults your APC gave Jonathan in 2015 calling him all kinds of derogatory names was not emotional?
You think buhari has gotten half of it?

Jolly just come.

BTW, what work did the South west do before the east voted obasanjo.for second term.?
See your mouth like "work".
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by nagoma(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

They'll prefer Evans the kidnapper to someone whose regime is building the 2nd Niger bridge. Never mind the fact many have promised but failed - including their favorites.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by LordTosinJ: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:
Politics is supposed to be about ideology. But not in Nigeria. And no one seems to be bothered.

Even on nairaland, for all the noise making, nobody can tell you what pdp stands for. What apc stands for. Everybody here just to make clueless noise. As if there's a character difference between the two parties
God bless you my brother. In Nigeria we have no ideology at all. My heart was weaken during the Senate president elections. APC and PDP are brothers
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by RTSC: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
nagoma:

They'll prefer Evans the kidnapper to someone whose regime is building the 2nd Niger bridge. Never mind the fact many have promised but failed - including their favorites.
Let him build it first before you start campaigning.
Abokii.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Lawyers Slept During Presidential Elections Tribunal Judgement / Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities / NASS Pleads With Nigerians To Stop Tweeting At Him. See Reactions From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.