Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC (38696 Views)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / 2023 Presidency: We Are Waiting For Tinubu To Decide – Akeredolu / Olawunmi: Boko Haram Named Governors, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by adem30: 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

I really detest dishonest people. Blackmail?? Really?
The issue at hand is the UNITY of this country. Every gotdamn honest Nigerian knows damn well it's the igbos turn. N you're here talking about blackmail. Igbos don't vote hausa? Igbos don't vote yoruba? Igbos don't vote niger delta? So them seeking the same support in return is them blackmailing Nigerians? Then let's stop the unity n one nigeria shenanigans. SOME don't want igbos to taste power. Simple as that.

Absolutely nothing stops apc from getting a popular igbo politician to defect. By offering him top of the ticket. IE peter obi. Party loyalty does not exist in Nigerian politics. All these guys are practically free agents. Igbos will vote apc if they bring the RIGHT candidate forward. It's up to apc power brokers to do their due diligence. So don't give me this co ck n bull story like it's a doomed idea.

Bro, pls is it a must for Igbo to get presidential ticket from APC?
Why can't Igbo concentrate on getting ticket from their lovely PDP?
Seems nobody is bothered on why PDP is not going to give Igbo presidential ticket

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by seguntijan(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
I gave up on Igbo presidency the day DR. CHRIS NGIGE lost senatorial election, it was very clear then that he's the next senate speaker if he wins but his kinsmen voted him out of the position.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Afamed: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

How can you read what I just wrote and ask me that question?
Igbos issue is with the leader of apc (Buhari) not the party itself. N based on the past 5yrs, can we honestly say they were wrong?

And if I may ask you,what has Buhari really done wrong to the Igbo people? And if Igbo problem is Buhari? How many of Igbo extractions have you voted as Apc governship candidate, Senatorial candidate and common local government chairman? Or is it the same Buhari that you didn't want to vote as President that still contested for Abia,Enugu ,Imo governorship candidates? You are just being clever by half here

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by akdjr(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
They are gradually realizing that PDP is dead and can't produce president again as long as I still have sperm in me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by executive12: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
Bunch of corrupt fools.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by richie240: 10:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
gabicon:
The ground work should have started in 2015, it's a little too late now, the north is thinking of retaining power, the south west are after it too, the south south will jump at it if given the opportunity. At present there is no frontline candidate in the east, for an election 3 years away, the north is preparing, the west is preparing while the east is preparing to prepare.
On point!
The groundwork shd've started in 2014/5. The SE, instead of edging on gej to contest and thereby dismantling d pdp's rotational presidency gentleman adreement, shd've allowed d north complete late yaradua's 2nd term which would've elapse in 2019.
The presidency, following DT arrangement, would've shifted down south once again (in 2019) and since d sw had done 2 terms already through obj, d slot would've gone to d SE unopposed cos the nation had subconsciously gotten used to d rotational thingy - both PDP and APC.

This was d thinking of d average Nigerian; it would've bn a done (and dusted) deal. But d SE lacked patience and foresight.
What did we have instead? Needless burning of bridges, creating unnecessary foes upandan. Pray, who entrusts his destiny in d hands of he who seeks his downfall?
SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lilswaghanxum:

Nobody hates igbos you say? Really?
Why does anything that has to with the igbos on nairaland generate traffic?

Secondly, over the years igbos have kept faith with the PDP and so it right if they demand for a chance to rule Nigeria. Or does the goal post always have to shift when it involves the igbo.
You are talking about numbers, I guess it right when an igbo man sire children he can't train?

recently there was a picture of an emaciated naked woman dumped on the streets of ajah and a crowd gathered, did the crowd gather because they hate her? crowds gather for different reasons, when they see a mad man, an imb3cile, a comedian, somebody embarrasing themselves etc. if you neighbour and his wife are fighting stripping themselves naked and shouting will you they attract a crowd?

You are making fools of yourselves and by thinking that internet traffic on Ibos means they are hated show 1) either you dont know the meaning of hate or 2) dont realise how much buffonery and comedy you are making of yourselves.

you dont seem to understand the difference between hating you and being entertained by you / laughing at your folly!!

Again i repeat, you "demand" when failure to honour to your "demand" has consequences for the other person. if failure to honour your demand has no consequences, you are only blowing hot air and making fools of yourselves. If PDP says no to your "demand" wetin wan happen? you wan go Islamist party and become errand boys or you wan go APGA and become local champion in SE? You have no where to go but PDP and they know it, everybody else knows it, except you igbos. You cannot bluff or make demands when you have no leverage and you lose your leverage (national unity) when you insult everybody and you have no numbers that make any difference in elections!!!

I keep saying politics is the art of relating/getting along with people...learn how to get along with others!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy is Nigeria the ONLY option for igbos? lol. Because that's the only way what you just wrote makes any sense.
It's hilarious how you took opinions from those on nairaland to be official igbo spokespeople. Because you were offended.
So igbos are the only ones misbehaving on nairaland abi? I really don't know why honesty is such a difficult task for some.

Let me tell you a secret, Nnamdi kanu is a nobody in igboland. He doesn't call any shots. But look what that man has done to shake the table. What happens when the actual shot callers say enough is enough? Can Nigeria withstand it? We shall see

which shot callers? lol abeg you make me laugh. Igbos are trapped in Nigeria and they is nothing they can do. For one, most of your influential people and business men have their wealth and assets OUTSIDE igbo land. The igbo love for money is such that the thought of losing that wealth means they can be guaranteed to betray any calls to disintegrate forcefully. 2) you dont have what it takes to leaves by force 3) you dont have what it takes to leave by constitutional means.

Hot air, hot air, hot air and each time end up worse than you were before. Please note that at one time Ibos received 50% of all Nigerias Oil revenue but greed destroyed it all, they staged coup and civil war and today you virtually have no oil revenue. I hope you know that before your forebearers started their trouble in the 60s, 50% of all the oil revenue from SS was under SE control, first under Okpara, then Ojukwu.

I hope you know that you are the reason Federal govt is now taking all the oil money and easy money from the SW, and SS and not developing the North, it wasnt like that before. So not only are you not getting 50%, you are not even getting anything because they split you into states to checkmate your greed. You are the reason the North became lazy. Your greed and lust for power, and short sightedness is what destroyed this country because all the North had before was political power, they didnt have p[ower over each regions resources. Like I said many times, every time the Ibo man does something political, he sets himself and everybody else backward.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by osusuallstars: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
rubbish
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by garfield1: 11:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
isthatso:

which shot callers? lol abeg you make me laugh. Igbos are trapped in Nigeria and they is nothing they can do. For one, most of your influential people and business men have their wealth and assets OUTSIDE igbo land. The igbo love for money is such that the thought of losing that wealth means they can be guaranteed to betray any calls to disintegrate forcefully. 2) you dont have what it takes to leaves by force 3) you dont have what it takes to leave by constitutional means.

Hot air, hot air, hot air and each time end up worse than you were before. Please note that at one time Ibos received 50% of all Nigerias Oil revenue but greed destroyed it all, they staged coup and civil war and today you virtually have no oil revenue. I hope you know that before your forebearers started their trouble in the 60s, 50% of all the oil revenue from SS was under SE control, first under Okpara, then Ojukwu.

I hope you know that you are the reason Federal govt is now taking all the oil money and easy money from the SW, and SS and not developing the North, it wasnt like that before. So not only are you not getting 50%, you are not even getting anything because they split you into states to checkmate your greed. You are the reason the North became lazy. Your greed and lust for power, and short sightedness is what destroyed this country because all the North had before was political power, they didnt have p[ower over each regions resources. Like I said many times, every time the Ibo man does something political, he sets himself and everybody else backward.
Word metaphysical
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by duwdu: 12:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy are you serious? Are you really pretending to not understand the concept of majority rules? Please tell me, what is the population of Nigeria minus the 4 MAJOR tribes?

I'm afraid you're just further hemming yourself in with your strange lines of argument. Are you saying the three major tribes should muzzle out numbers four-to-whatever? And what's the magic about the number three? Why not the four or five or six, eight largest tribes?

I honestly think everyone should just stop arrogating to themselves the ethnicity to get the country's top political jobs. What groups should learn to do very well, is form alliances. After all, where the voting numbers combine is where political power tilts.

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 12:10am On Oct 27, 2019
isthatso:

Thank you very much for that very fair and unbiased take. You know the igbos better than they know themselves. Bravo...

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Lilswaghanxum(m): 12:13am On Oct 27, 2019
isthatso:

recently there was a picture of an emaciated naked woman dumped on the streets of ajah and a crowd gathered, did the crowd gather because they hate her? crowds gather for different reasons, when they see a mad man, an imb3cile, a comedian, somebody embarrasing themselves etc. if you neighbour and his wife are fighting stripping themselves naked and shouting will you they attract a crowd?

You are making fools of yourselves and by thinking that internet traffic on Ibos means they are hated show 1) either you dont know the meaning of hate or 2) dont realise how much buffonery and comedy you are making of yourselves.

you dont seem to understand the difference between hating you and being entertained by you / laughing at your folly!!

Again i repeat, you "demand" when failure to honour to your "demand" has consequences for the other person. if failure to honour your demand has no consequences, you are only blowing hot air and making fools of yourselves. If PDP says no to your "demand" wetin wan happen? you wan go Islamist party and become errand boys or you wan go APGA and become local champion in SE? You have no where to go but PDP and they know it, everybody else knows it, except you igbos. You cannot bluff or make demands when you have no leverage and you lose your leverage (national unity) when you insult everybody and you have no numbers that make any difference in elections!!!

I keep saying politics is the art of relating/getting along with people...learn how to get along with others!!!

You sound so pained and frustrated, what's has the igbo race done to you?

Now to my question, the PDP has ruled for 16years what has it benefitted the ordinary igbo man on the street? Absolutely nothing
And now we have the APC ruling insha Allah, they would rule for another 50 years according to one raving lunatic. Well, what's the average igbo man or an average Nigerian gain? I guess nothing too.
So just stop quoting me and face your life problems mbok.
I made my comment, you didn't have to quote me.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ericnrm(m): 12:13am On Oct 27, 2019
muzically:

A swear, this is the most sensible post in this forum.
Fact!!

Lunatics everywhere bro undecided
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Ikinternational: 12:29am On Oct 27, 2019
duwdu:

I'm afraid you're just further hemming yourself in with your strange lines of argument. Are you saying the three major tribes should muzzle out numbers four-to-whatever? And what's the magic about the number three? Why not the four or five or six, eight largest tribes?

I honestly think everyone should just stop arrogating to themselves the ethnicity to get the country's top political jobs. What groups should learn to do very well, is form alliances. After all, where the voting numbers combine is where political power tilts.

P34c3

Guy I asked you a very simple question to illustrate a point. You didn't answer.
In your mind, fairness is everyone getting the exact same size of cake. OR forget. That is totally unrealistic.

The igbo nation populace is more than most countries. Not to mention what they have contributed to Nigeria. But according to you, we should also concern ourselves with what tribe #289 wants because after all, they're also Nigerians. That's a laughable take.

I wish most of you just had the ba lls to say you're fine with igbos never getting the presidency. Instead of all this tap dancing you people like to do around the topic
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by somziency: 2:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Politicians are scheming for positions already. But I don't believe in the sincerity of this permutation. South East of Nigeria is the battle ground for whoever becomes the next president.

What happens if APC picks its Presidential candidate from the south west and PDP from the core North? Definitely power will remain in the North and APC might loose out.

The only way out is for the south as a whole to keep its house in other otherwise the inevitable will happen.

Somebody have realised this and is making a move to realise it politically but might backfire later because I see no sincerity of purpose.

If we assume that both parties will zone it to the South, and APC south west and PDP South East, who will this favour? Somebody is already scheming to split votes by seizing some state political machinery through the governors.

Going by APC's calculation since 2015. They could have expanded in the region. This is a divisive move hatched to break a hardened South East political structure.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Danchibez: 2:30am On Oct 27, 2019
As far as Nigerian Nation is concern, an Igbo man will never rule nor be President of this country. This has been a planned agreement by the northern oligarchy after the Nigerian Biafra War, never to let an igbo man near d Nigerian Seat of Power, which they ascribed as punishment to them since they r conquered tribe. so anybody championing on such is just wasting time for nothing.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by somziency: 2:44am On Oct 27, 2019
Danchibez:
As far as Nigerian Nation is concern, an Igbo man will never rule nor be President of this country. This has been a planned agreement by the northern oligarchy after the Nigerian Biafra War, never to let an igbo man near d Nigerian Seat of Power, which they ascribed as punishment to them since they r conquered tribe. so anybody championing on such is just wasting time for nothing.

You maybe right but. But never say never. Who would have thought that buhari will still become Nigeria's president? Who would have thought a Niger delta will produce president when they did? Who would have thought a black would become President in USA? But it happened before us.

History have a way of adjusting itself.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 3:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

How can you read what I just wrote and ask me that question?
Igbos issue is with the leader of apc (Buhari) not the party itself. N based on the past 5yrs, can we honestly say they were wrong?

That's a lie, the Igbos' grouse is with the APC party and not Buhari. We all remember when APC was referred to as an "Islamic terrorist jihadist party".
We remember how any Igbo that tries to affiliate with APC, the insults they get.
What Ohaneze is asking for is dead on arrival, nobody in APC would give the Igbos anything even if they all defect today to APC.
Let the Igbos learn to play national politics without emotions, let them discard the loss of GEJ(not even Igbo, Ijaws had moved on) and move forward. Then and only then would other Nigerians know and feel their presence

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2019
Lilswaghanxum:

Nobody hates igbos you say? Really?
Why does anything that has to with the igbos on nairaland generate traffic?

Secondly, over the years igbos have kept faith with the PDP and so it right if they demand for a chance to rule Nigeria. Or does the goal post always have to shift when it involves the igbo.
You are talking about numbers, I guess it right when an igbo man sire children he can't train?
Work for the position because nobody is giving anyone anything on a platter. Let Igbos demand for their right in the party they've slaved for since 1999 PDP and not from a party (APC)they've always vilified ever since it was formed.

After all it the same Igbo politicians and their supporters that destroyed the rotational presidencies under PDP because of GEJ in 2011 even after they were warned of the consequences

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 4:03am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy is Nigeria the ONLY option for igbos? lol. Because that's the only way what you just wrote makes any sense.
It's hilarious how you took opinions from those on nairaland to be official igbo spokespeople. Because you were offended.
So igbos are the only ones misbehaving on nairaland abi? I really don't know why honesty is such a difficult task for some.

Let me tell you a secret, Nnamdi kanu is a nobody in igboland. He doesn't call any shots. But look what that man has done to shake the table. What happens when the actual shot callers say enough is enough? Can Nigeria withstand it? We shall see

It is speech like this that makes other Nigerians view Igbos with suspicion because they don't trust your loyalty to the country, coupled with the constant chest beating and unnecessary grandstanding as if you can do anything when the time comes.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 4:05am On Oct 27, 2019
MrSly:

Nonsense. Is Ngige not there already. Let them give him the ticket.
Is Ngige working for it or you expect APC to go meet and beg him to become the president?
Same Ngige Igbos insulted when he moved into APC

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by LZAA: 4:06am On Oct 27, 2019
These ones are clowns
Smh
Cc immhotep sarrki GMBuharii Adaibeku greenback Afamed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 4:08am On Oct 27, 2019
seguntijan:
I gave up on Igbo presidency the day DR. CHRIS NGIGE lost senatorial election, it was very clear then that he's the next senate speaker if he wins but his kinsmen voted him out of the position.
I remembered that incident and felt so pained, this was a man that was adjudged one of the best governors of Anambra but just because of party affiliation, he was booted out.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by LZAA: 4:09am On Oct 27, 2019
franchasng:
Reading through the various comments on this 2023 Presidency makes one hate Yorubas the more, damn, gradually Yorubas are turning themselves to Northeastern Nigeria without knowing....its just a matter of time.....greed, insensibility and over confidence are what brings doom to a people.....I foresee some terrible future for the Yorubas if they continue with this unjustified hatred for Igbos.

Even the Hausa-Fulanis and Igbos that are known to disagree a lot in national politics don't show much hatred for each other like this....Yorubas don't know what they are doing to themselves....its always fun when you feel you are on the winning side, just a matter of time angry angry

This was why Moses killed an Egyptian in the Holy Bible angry
Gbam!!!
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Area4Area: 4:18am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy I asked you a very simple question to illustrate a point. You didn't answer.
In your mind, fairness is everyone getting the exact same size of cake. OR forget. That is totally unrealistic.

The igbo nation populace is more than most countries. Not to mention what they have contributed to Nigeria. But according to you, we should also concern ourselves with what tribe #289 wants because after all, they're also Nigerians. That's a laughable take.

I wish most of you just had the ba lls to say you're fine with igbos never getting the presidency. Instead of all this tap dancing you people like to do around the topic
What have other Nigerians been saying to the Igbos all the while, they don't trust the Igbos with the leadership of the country and nobody is ready to give them except they start building bridges of alliances and friendship with others, even the PDP doesn't trust the Igbos too.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by babaniyen1(m): 4:26am On Oct 27, 2019
You cannot plant Banana and expect to reap cocoyam. I say no more

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by MoIbrahim: 5:01am On Oct 27, 2019
You are right. In politics, contests are won on the basis of negotiation and give and take, not on the basis of "strong-head" and threat.

And, like the guy above me said, you always reap what you sow. You cannot reap what you did not sow or what someone else sows.

LegendHer0:
Nice one from OYC.

You’re the only group that is coming out to really fight for the Igbo presidency rather than begging and crying marginalization like the other groups were doing!

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by Afamed: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2019
LZAA:

Gbam!!!
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed
Which way for final time my friend,

Igbo Presidency in 2023?

Biafra or Death?

Cc: LZAA
Cc: Imhotep

Even though the two na same person

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by eminencetoba: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by dukeprince50: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

Excuse me, how old is apc? If you remove ex pdp members, how much of the party will be left? Is apc votes in igboland 0%? N if we're being honest, is the igbos problem not with Buhari as leader of the party not the party itself? N using the past 5yrs as evidence, can you honestly say they were wrong?

Btw, Just imagine if the Republican party of America reasoned like you with their black population?
Igbo's said the party is a party of jihadist, they hate everyone in APC, even beat up one of their top politician

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC by ProudDick: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Ikinternational:

Correct. But he will no longer be the face. Nor will the same influence. I'm sure you know this
So igbos would be in the same party with buhari the Islamic bigot?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Godwin Maduka Rejects Anambra Election Results, Calls For Fresh Election / Reuben Abati In His Car Back In The Days (Picture) / "No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.