Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (25165 Views)

Benue: Fr. Alia Presents Certificate Of Return To Tor Tiv And Ochi’idoma / Question: Which Is The Most Populous Ethnic Group In Rivers State? / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Divine200: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
MelesZenawi:

There is nothing to lie because first and foremost una no reach.

You guys are still learning fighting for development.

Nobody give any damn about what happens to una single Senatorial district....

What are we to care militancy, cultism, roaming about forming street, hunger, dilapidated environment....what on Earth for Christ sake..

Abeg carry your wadoo enter ocean, nobody give a damn..

Move we no send una...face your front and crawl back where you came out from.

Pray that people will only pity una condition...

Nonsense.
If only you transfer this your obsession to your erosion fested land it could have helped in your half region obviously that tiny land is not enough to be called a region, obviously out of pity it was created.
Just maybe you guys can return to your land as nobody wants you as in their land.

Talking development you have been spewing thrash about.

What is developed in the yeast
You must be stupid to think that, that shithole you call a region is developed.
So developed that thousands of you are leaving daily.
More than half of helgbos are outside of their developed region for greener pastures to a less developed region

You are so delusional like your lots

We can’t wait for Biafra so your lots can pack their shit out of my state.

Even with that I can vow that most of you won’t even leave it’s that bad. But of course it’s our job to chase you out.

Keep lying to yourself
We can all see through you guys

Keep this energy so you guys can actualise your dream and get the hell out

As for my dear URHOBO we will just be fine. Just be. Don’t worry about us.

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:

If only you transfer this your obsession to your erosion fested land it could have helped in your half region obviously that tiny land is not enough to be called a region, obviously out of pity it was created.
Just maybe you guys can return to your land as nobody wants you as in their land.

Talking development you have been spewing thrash about.

What is developed in the yeast
You must be stupid to think that, that shithole you call a region is developed.
So developed that thousands of you are leaving daily.
More than half of helgbos are outside of their developed region for greener pastures to a less developed region

You are so delusional like your lots

We can’t wait for Biafra so your lots can pack their shit out of my state.

Even with that I can vow that most of you won’t even leave it’s that bad. But of course it’s our job to chase you out.

Keep lying to yourself
We can all see through you guys

Keep this energy so you guys can actualise your dream and get the hell out

As for my dear URHOBO we will just be fine. Just be. Don’t worry about us.

Lolzzzzzzz....These looks like lamentation...

Nobody cares about any damned creatures there Mr Man.

Stop losing sleep on people that doesn't know about your existence...

Mind your location as I mind mine...If I'm ready to join militancy will let you know but not in this life...

Mr nobody give hoot...crawl back to una hole.

Whether you guys are fine or not....that's none of our business.

Rubbish.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:

You don’t care but you can’t stop mentioning me. I told from the beginning that I wasn’t referring to you but you still continued mentioning.

You is the fool here

Should I say this is a case of mental illness

You have been schooled and truth thrown to you.

Avoid hatred just go and sin no more.

Hatred and bitterness doesn't pay.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
scholes0:

They are not even up to 60K and they are under 'others'/
Kogi lg is predominantly Egbura Koto.

Go through this link and see the list of villages and towns in Kogi LGA.

https://nigeriazipcodes.com/4425/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-kogi-lga/

See many of them with names ending in BASSA & GWARI.
Apart from these vicious names to tell you the owners of these communities. I know of towns like Chikara & Tawari to be Gbagyi communities. There are many others there too.

I was in a Gbagyi forum one day and the question was asked for everyone to identify the names of their villages & LGAs. I was shocked to see the large number of people there listing many different communities in Kogi LGA as their villages.

Recently I was reading the history of the ethnic conflicts between Ebira koto (Egbura) and Bassa people in Toto LGA of Nasarawa state and I discovered that Egburas have always been in charge of district power to collect taxes from the Bassas since precolonial days, even though the Bassas were the majority and the Egburas were minority.
From what I am seeing, this could be what is playing out in Kogi LGA because this also plays out in neighbouring Abaji LGA of FCT. ....Gbagyis are there in good numbers, but the Egburas own the kingship system (Ona of Abaji).

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Divine200: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

You have been schooled and truth thrown to you.

Avoid hatred just go and sin no more.

Hatred and bitterness doesn't pay.
Nah I disagree
Actually its the other way round

Goodnight
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:
Nah I disagree Actually its the other way round
Goodnight

You don't need to disagree because the evidence is clearly shown before you.
The obsession from you is totally something else.
Imagine.
You don't need someone but you still spend time gossiping about same person.
Just mind your enclave and let Igbos be.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Go through this link and see the list of villages and towns in Kogi LGA.

https://nigeriazipcodes.com/4425/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-kogi-lga/

See many of them with names ending in BASSA & GWARI.
Apart from these vicious names to tell you the owners of these communities. I know of towns like Chikara & Tawari to be Gbagyi communities. There are many others there too.

I was in a Gbagyi forum one day and the question was asked for everyone to identify the names of their villages & LGAs. I was shocked to see the large number of people there listing many different communities in Kogi LGA as their villages.

Recently I was reading the history of the ethnic conflicts between Ebira koto (Egbura) and Bassa people in Toto LGA of Nasarawa state and I discovered that Egburas have always been in charge of district power to collect taxes from the Bassas since precolonial days, even though the Bassas were the majority and the Egburas were minority.
From what I am seeing, this could be what is playing out in Kogi LGA because this also plays out in neighbouring Abaji LGA of FCT. ....Gbagyis are there in good numbers, but the Egburas own the kingship system (Ona of Abaji).

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Divine200: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

You don't need to disagree because the evidence is clearly shown before you.

The obsession from you is totally something else.

Imagine.

You don't need someone but you still spend time gossiping about same person.

Just mind your enclave and let Igbos be.
What evidence?
What obsession?
You should read from the beginning

This will the last mention you will get from me
Bye!
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:
If middle belters wants their own country they should go ahead then. They should let south south be. We will figure out something for ourselves. Right now there is no plan for succession and so be it.

We have refused to align with Igbos for anything be it polities or Biafra

We are not biafrans and will never be.
If MB wants to join then go ahead. We will never be part of that marriage.

Contrary to what nowuse said that without the a/ibom and calabar, Ijaws will dominate. That I can beat my chest that it’s a blatant lie.
Ijaw came into the picture only when Jonathan became the president. Before then nobody gave a f4k about them.

Urhobo which I belong to will figure something out when the necessity comes till then please stop this forceful marriage.
It will never work.

I understand your plight being from plateau state and I understand that you guys have been suppressed by the Hausa Muslims for years hence your agitation towards succession. I understand that because I served there.

About succession, rather than running away from your problems because of one particular ethnic group why don’t you fight. We can all join hands and fight them. That should be the common goal. Running away doesn’t solve any problem.
Even if you were granted succession today don’t you think the problem we have in Nigeria today will persist?

Nigeria are not matured enough as a people be it north or south. We lack the fundamentals of maturity; self discipline, disunity( we always find ways to divide ourselves even within ethnic groups), very laid back in most things, non-challant attitude even when our leaders are not performing.

These problems will persists. Let’s work on these then in the future we still want to go our separate ways then we go ahead.

Hmm @ Efewestern. What can you say about this comment from your tribesman?

2 Likes

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:
What evidence? What obsession? You should read from the beginning

This will the last mention you will get from me Bye!
Well noted.
Change your Ideology and narrative.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Divine200:
If middle belters wants their own country they should go ahead then. They should let south south be. We will figure out something for ourselves. Right now there is no plan for succession and so be it.

We have refused to align with Igbos for anything be it polities or Biafra

We are not biafrans and will never be.
If MB wants to join then go ahead. We will never be part of that marriage.

Contrary to what nowuse said that without the a/ibom and calabar, Ijaws will dominate. That I can beat my chest that it’s a blatant lie.
Ijaw came into the picture only when Jonathan became the president. Before then nobody gave a f4k about them.

Urhobo which I belong to will figure something out when the necessity comes till then please stop this forceful marriage.
It will never work.

I understand your plight being from plateau state and I understand that you guys have been suppressed by the Hausa Muslims for years hence your agitation towards succession. I understand that because I served there.

About succession, rather than running away from your problems because of one particular ethnic group why don’t you fight. We can all join hands and fight them. That should be the common goal. Running away doesn’t solve any problem.
Even if you were granted succession today don’t you think the problem we have in Nigeria today will persist?

Nigeria are not matured enough as a people be it north or south. We lack the fundamentals of maturity; self discipline, disunity( we always find ways to divide ourselves even within ethnic groups), very laid back in most things, non-challant attitude even when our leaders are not performing.

These problems will persists. Let’s work on these then in the future we still want to go our separate ways then we go ahead.

The only aspect I think I really need to reply in this piece of yours is your thinking that we should unite to fight the core-north while we are still in Nigeria.

How do you think this can happen?
You want to drag politics in Nigeria with a group of people who value elections more than education?
These people are breeding all over Nigeria like rats while our own people who are more educated have fewer children and many of us are leaving Nigeria per second.
The balance is tilting to their favour and a time will come when these people will be more than half of Nigeria's population.

A time will come when they won't need anybody else's vote to determine who will win elections.

Maybe that is the time when people like you will have their eyes open to the real mess we're in.

Everyday, these people keep on generating one terrorist group over the other. Yesterday it was Maitastine, Today it is Armed Bandits, Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, Shia militia. Who knows what it will be tomorrow?

They use our taxes and the oil wealth in your region to keep fighting one terrorist group after another and no success.
Their elites have chosen to keep them in illiteracy and ignorance. How can you fight that?

Southerners & middlebelters do not have common values with core-northernerns. There is no way a nation can be built with people of different value systems.
Southerners and middlebelters irrespective of our differences, we socialize, we interrelate and interract, we intermarry. Core-northerners in their majority always seclude themselves from others.
Southerners/middlebelters we value education and we want to create succesful lives for ourselves. The average core-northerner does not care about these things.
What kind of nation can be built with them?

If with the way things are going you cannot see that Nigeria is a ticking time bomb, then I don't think I can explain anymore.

Just for the records, Ijaws are by far the most powerful minority group in Nigeria and not just the SS. Their influence came not just with GEJ, but with the Niger delta agitations and militants. They were the ones who took the bullet for the rights of Niger-deltans to be recognized and respected. They deserve Kudos for that. They are the natural leadership of the Niger delta region.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Efewestern: 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Hmm @ Efewestern. What can you say about this comment from your tribesman?

Greetings bro, judging from his post, he probably misinterpreted your message.

Like I said earlier, it will be very difficult getting majority of the minorities to give in to the idea of secession especially when you start involving major ethnic groups, they'd think they will be subdued, reason I have always maintained a different banner for everyone.

Now we have two issues, majority still believe in the Nigerian project, even myself to some extent, some believe with the right leadership Nigeria can be great, that's the category this young man falls into.

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
Divine200:

You don’t care but you can’t stop mentioning me. I told from the beginning that I wasn’t referring to you but you still continued mentioning.

You is the fool here

Should I say this is a case of mental illness

Continue your lamentation.

Just face your zone and leave others alone..

Nobody send una.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Konquest: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nowenuse:

Bro, if you count all the group of people who identify as Ijaw, all the way from the Andonis of Akwa Ibom & Rivers to the Degemas, kalabaris, Okrikas & Ibanis of Rivers state to the entirety of Bayelsa state (besides Ofoni town), then all the Ijaws in Delta south, then those in Edo state with up to 10 towns, then the entirety of Ese-Odo LGA in Ondo state.
Abeg, dem plenty pass Urhobo.
Ijaws dominate more than 20 LGAs in Nigeria and are minorities in like 8 LGAs, haba. No comparison.
Even if you add Isokos to Urhobo, it still won't meet up Ijaw.
Only Tivs, Kanuris & Ibibio-Efiks combined can square up or outnumber Ijaws in Nigeria.

However, Urhobo & Isokos combined should be the 6th or 7th largest ethnic group in Nigeria after the big 3, then Tivs, Kanuris and maybe (Ibibio if they are combined).
However you people combined will be clearly more than Igalas, Idomas, Nupes, Gbagyis, Ebiras, Binis, Esans and Ibibios (if u don't add Efiks & others).

Ijaws wouldn't have been so much, but during the politics of Old Rivers state where all the Lowland peoples were classified as Ijaws, it led to the swallowing up of other lowland tribes into Ijaw identity.
Are you aware that Ijaws are even trying to swallow up the Igbo speaking Ndoki people in Rivers state? Not linguistically of course, but politically.

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Nowenuse

The CIA statistics is ridiculous because it is a projected estimate
and cannot be relied upon in the absence of a true census in Nigeria.

Yes to the Ijaw, I thought the Apoi of Ese Odo are people
who have their ancestral origins from Ile-Ife but who settled around
the Bayelsa area when they lost their way... and then finally
found their way back to Ese Odo axis where they speak
and bear Yoruba names just like Omoyele Sowore who is
an Apoi.

==>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Apoi_tribe
The Apoi people trace their origin to a migration from the Central Niger Delta in present day Bayelsa State and further to an early migration from Ile-Ife. Prior to arriving at their present location, tribal traditions recall a long period of settlement at Ukomu in what is now Furupagha territory.

The Apoi took their name from Apoi (Opoi) the son of Kala-Okun, who accompanied his grandfather Ujo on their way back to Otu-Ife or Ile-Ife. In a group of nine they got lost in trying to trace the route back without the aid of a navigator. So they decided to settle within the vicinity of the Nun river (Apoi creek), where the present village of Apoi is situated. Ujo who bore the title Kalasuo (KALA-SUO or KALUSO i.e. small god,), died here and his grandson inherited the title.

The Western Apoi call Kalasuo, Kalashuwe or Kalasuwe and Oborowi, Oborowe, and they no longer speak Ijaw language, but a dialect made up of the fusion of Ijaw and Yoruba. Of late they have moved on to adopting the general Yoruba which most of them now speak. At a later stage as part of the Yoruba influence, the rulers took on the Oba title, before switching back to the ancient titles of Kalasuo. As children of Ujo, at Ile-Ife the ancestral traditions name them as one of the sub-tribes that sprung from King Adumu-Ala (alias Oduduwa). The Apoi are pre-14th century.

==>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Apoi_tribe

==>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arogbo_tribe
The Arogbo migrated to their present location from the town of Gbaran in the central Niger Delta.
Worship of the god Egbesu is particularly strong among the Arogbo.

Even Bayelsa State which is the epicentre of the Ijaw
or the main Ijaw homeland has the least population in Nigeria!

The so-called 4th largest the claim is propaganda that evolved
sometime after the year 2000. It will also interest you that Bayelsa
also has the least number of registered voters and this tallies
with the last population census which also declares
Bayelsa as the least populous with about 7 LGAs.

I have also observed that some Ijaws claim to be indigenes
of multiple states in Nigeria... hoping from one state to
another to collect state bursaries in the higher institutions.
I got to know of a guy in the 1990s who wanted to collect
bursaries from Delta and Bayelsa States.

When an oil well is newly drilled, almost instantly some Ijaws
who were not living near an oil well will suddenly appear
in their boats and canoes from another old location and
start claiming to to be the owners and indigenes of where
the oil well is located so as to collect royalties! grin
I lived PH and worked in an oil and gas company in the
1990s so I know these facts.

All the best!
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
-
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Igboid: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
BeachTime:
I think this thread is meaningless and should be scrapped. Nigerian educational system is a failure.
Ibibio has nothing to do with TIV and ibibio is not an ethnic group but part of an ethnic group or ethnic nation - CALABAR .
Ibibio,Oron,Efik,Annang are Calabarians .The name of their land is Calabar. The Calabarians Population size doesn't matter if they are the largest or smallest in Nigeria. All that is needed is true federalism so they can have autonomy and control of their resources ,economy and development to build an organized society and enjoy good quality of life.
This information will soon be updated on wikepedia , and a world press conference will be organized to establish this as official.

The Oro nation wants their own independent country free from Ibibio, Annang and Efik.
Are you aware of this?

There was an Oro person on this forum years back championing that cause.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Oron, Ibibio, Efik and Annang are one people.
But selfishness and parochialism have not allowed your people to unite and forge a common front.
Your work is cut out. I'd suggest rather than blaming outsiders, that you get to work on your areas of conflict and see how you can unite in the real world and not online.

Thanks.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
-
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Konquest: 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nowenuse:

Like I told you, Igbos are more visible in the north because they never integrate with Hausas, unlike Yoruba muslims who integrate with Hausas after the 1st & 2nd generation.

Someone like you who doesn't understand Hausa language very well will never be able to tell the difference between Hausanized people and Hausas. I can tell the difference to a large extent.

When we were in camp there was this girl who speaks Hausa very well and moves with the other Hausa click of girls. Everybody else thought she was Hausa, but when I studied her, I knew she just couldn't be Hausa, she must be Ebira or Auchi. I confronted her in private and she opened up to me that truly she was Ebira but she grew up in Sokoto.
I am very good at this, so for Hausanized yorubas to catch me unaware of this, it tells you how well Yorubas integrate with Hausas, hence go unnoticed unlike Igbos.

Igbos are more than Yorubas in the north, I agree. But for every 10 Igbos in the north, there are 8 yorubas. It's not the way people paint it like there are few yorubas in the north, far from it.
My brother met a 3rd generation Yoruba girl in Jos whose father has never been to his village and they died in the Jos crisis. She now claims to be a Plateau indigene and has adopted a Plateau name, as she has nowhere else to go and doesn't even know where she is from in Yoruba land.

If we talk about migration around the world, of course nobody can argue this with the Igbos. However, taking specific countries like Ghana, Togo, Mali, Sierra Leone/Liberia & UK. There are far more Yorubas than Igbos in these places.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
You are absolutely right about this... Yorubas are even the majority among
Nigerians in Cote d'Ivoire... especially in Abidjan and Yamassoukro.

When I travelled by Nigeria Airways from Lagos to Abidjan in 1987 for an international
conference at Hotel d'Ivoire[where Michael Jackson stayed a year before when he
visited Abidjan on a music tour], I was stunned to see a lot of Yoruba traders and
even some cab drivers who I got to know came mostly from Ejigbo in Osun State
and Ilorin as well. Even on my flight back to Lagos on the Airbus A310, there were
mainly Yoruba traders [big-time Alhajas inclusive] who plied the West African coast,
some Lebanese, Etim Esin and members of Iwuanyawu National were also on board
after playing a match with an Ivorian top football side.

I see some ignorant posts on NL especially by some Ibo who claim falsely that
Yorubas do not travel but this is a lie.

Even Hausas are master travellers/traders and can be found in Ghana, Sudan, etc.

You are also right that Yorubas blend with Hausa people in the North, especially
the moslems and even non-moslems because I had a fastastic secondary school
education at an FGC in the North decades back and still have friends from
school who have risen in Nigerian politics and business from all parts of Nigeria.

Even listening to the voice of the first female fighter pilot in the Nigerian
Airforce [Fying Officer Kafayat Omolara Sanni], she has a slight Hausa accent
and you will know she was born or has lived in the North. I even read about
some Yoruba people who had become Zamfara indigenes years back in
Guardian, and also some Yorubas in Katsina State who had stayed there
for long. [Flt. Lieutenant Blessing Liman from Zangon Kataf is the first female
pilot in the Nigerian Airforce but she is not a fighter pilot... and now flies
on the Presidential Fleet].
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by BeerParlour: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

The only aspect I think I really need to reply in this piece of yours is your thinking that we should unite to fight the core-north while we are still in Nigeria.

How do you think this can happen?
You want to drag politics in Nigeria with a group of people who value elections more than education?
These people are breeding all over Nigeria like rats while our own people who are more educated have fewer children and many of us are leaving Nigeria per second.
The balance is tilting to their favour and a time will come when these people will be more than half of Nigeria's population.

A time will come when they won't need anybody else's vote to determine who will win elections.

Maybe that is the time when people like you will have their eyes open to the real mess we're in.

Everyday, these people keep on generating one terrorist group over the other. Yesterday it was Maitastine, Today it is Armed Bandits, Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, Shia militia. Who knows what it will be tomorrow?

They use our taxes and the oil wealth in your region to keep fighting one terrorist group after another and no success.
Their elites have chosen to keep them in illiteracy and ignorance. How can you fight that?

Southerners & middlebelters do not have common values with core-northernerns. There is no way a nation can be built with people of different value systems.
Southerners and middlebelters irrespective of our differences, we socialize, we interrelate and interract, we intermarry. Core-northerners in their majority always seclude themselves from others.
Southerners/middlebelters we value education and we want to create succesful lives for ourselves. The average core-northerner does not care about these things.
What kind of nation can be built with them?

If with the way things are going you cannot see that Nigeria is a ticking time bomb, then I don't think I can explain anymore.

Just for the records, Ijaws are by far the most powerful minority group in Nigeria and not just the SS. Their influence came not just with GEJ, but with the Niger delta agitations and militants. They were the ones who took the bullet for the rights of Niger-deltans to be recognized and respected. They deserve Kudos for that. They are the natural leadership of the Niger delta region.

Sometimes I wonder if it's Fulanis that fathered most Urhobo people.

Only one Urhobo man I have seen talk the true reality of Nigeria and the man is alone from that side.
His name is Magnus Oraka.

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by BeerParlour: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Jamislaw101:
Muslim population in Kano alone can cover three Eastern States population.

Terrorist
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by BeerParlour: 12:44am On Mar 06, 2020
Jamislaw101:
the problem is that most Christian s are addicted to deception and lies, come to kano and see population.
Pls also ask your brothers and sisters that did their Nysc in the core north.

I repeat it again, Kano Muslim population alone is higher than three eastern states combined together.

You're a zombie
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by BeerParlour: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Mr Nowenuse please point the publication by any Yoruba media that tagged igbos ritualist.

Or all the ways you keep slendering Yorubas for no reason without any prove on this thread from the onset i.e. calling Yorubas cowards or backstabbers etc.

If you like be igbo friendly or anything you feel like tagging yourself, but please stop slendering the names of the Yorubas we are not your problem.

You know it's true, so stop pretending.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Part of the proof that CIA are utterly confused, and in fact do not know what they are doing is that the figures for Nigeria have changed again.
Yorubas are now 15.5%, Igbos 15.2% and Hausa 30%!, Fulani 6%, Tiv 2.4%, Kanuri 2.4%, Ibibio 1.8%, Ijaw/Izon 1.8%, Others 24.7% which is different from their last year released figures but still clearly as dubious as the first if not more.

People shouldn't just swallow every statistic they see online 'hook line and sinker' simply because it looks like it is coming from a seemingly credible source, especially when said statistic looks clearly faulty/fallible. Many of these people seat at their armchairs in faraway countries and throw about figures on issues they know absolutely nothing or have only a very limited knowledge about and suddenly they become 'experts'.

cc: Nowenuse

3 Likes

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Let me add this here today.

What many do not know is that Niger delta republic has always been a campaign of blackmail whenever biafra issue comes up and Is highly sponsored.

To buttress that you will never see their leader pushing further for it or those Niger delta agitators pushing further or making any efforts after that. It is all targeted as a blackmail.

Now how do you treat such blackmail and is quite simple. Biafra should be made totally and all Igbo affair....very strictly one without consideration and watch them die in complain, anger and bitterness.

Now the reason is this, even the SS doesn't want you to leave and will be quick to employ all tactics to sabotage your struggle.

Take a look at Asari Dokubo all his efforts is geared towards sabotaging your efforts and making sure Igbos don't live because that's their lifeline in Nigeria. He will quickly join and create his biafra group with stories ranging from how they were all in the struggle.

Same man will go and create another group called Niger delta group and these one will come out and say we ain't part of this struggle and this ones are highly sponsored.

Such scenerio has happened all round but these blinded IPOB has failed to read in between lines because they are blinded by folks sent by federal government to join Ipob and this is the reason for their failure.

Have you asked why Nigeria government doesn't take Niger delta republic bla bla bla serious. This is because it is all aimed at blackmail and immediately die off when biafra issue always subsidized and ressurects when the heat is on again.

Way forward, tell those minorities Ipob that biafra is now an all Igbo affair....no addition no deduction if they like let them cry foul but that's how it should be and must be.

To achieve something you must make certain strong, blunt and severe decision to get what you want.

Make biafra an Igbo affair and let any riff Raff come out again to say you dragging them, then you will have time to blast those animals and give them doses of their own words to swallow.

Today biafra is Igbo and Igbo must it be.....say no to further blackmail

Words on Mable.

1 Like

Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by glacswhite: 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
garfield1:

Igbos in the ss and se should be 17 million.igbos in the west and north is 17 million still less than hausa and yoruba popupations

is 17million only Igbo's in Aba or All Igbos in SE abi SS?
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 22, 2021
garfield1:

lets forget about pure hausa or impure hausa.lets look at hausa in general to avoid confusion.forget about whether a tribe are settlers or not in an area,we are looking at their total population in nigeria.if a tribe choose to become hausa,then there are hausa.even among the yorubas and ibos,we have lot of smaller tribes who assimilated into them.if you look at the history of the yorubas,a large part of lagos,ondo,kwara and other smaller tribes were lived at the borderland of yorubaland were originally not yorubas but with years of interaction,they were yorubanized.
If you also look at the history of the igbos,most of the tribes in ebonyi and parts of abia were not igbos but gradually became igbonized over the years.it is common with all large ethnicities,their culture will always swallow and dominate the smaller cultures near them so please leave the controversial aspect of pure and impure.thats why you have a lot of dialects within one ethnicity.
Am aware that hausas do not have a state they wholly dominate but in all the states of the northwest,there the largest group while the fulanis are minorities except in gombe and adamawa and taraba where's there the numerous groups.even in my state cross river,a lot of tribes who are classified as efiks are originally not efik.even in akwa ibom,if you disswct the ibibios,you will be shocked but lets leave that side.

Ibos make up 35% or more of rivers but not delta.the urhobos are the largest in delta followed by the igbo speaking tribes.not all the tribes in delta north are even igbos.lets say 30% or less.so,we go by my estimation.hausas,yorubas and ibos and fulanis.

Igbos make up 75% of rivers state mr man and at least 40 - 50 percent of delta state.

There is no way urhobo can ever be more populated than igbos in delta state, never.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 22, 2021
pazienza:
According to CIA book of facts, the Hausa-Fulani remain the most populous ethnic group in Nigeria by far, constituting over 30% of Nigeria Population. Igbos at 14.1% are the second most populous ethnic group, while the Yoruba at 13.9% are the third.

However, the big surprise is the fact that Ibibio/Tiv at 2.2% each and not Ijaw at 2.0%, are considered the most populous groups outside the traditional tripod.

Additionally, Nigeria is largely an Islamic country , with Muslims making up 51.6% of the population, in contrast to the 46.9% of the Nigerian citizens who are Christians. The other significant group are the traditionists who make up 9% of the population.

Nigeria as you can see from the above figures is an overtly religious country with an insignificant number of agnostic/atheists.

Let the discussions , calculations and permutations begin.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.htm

There are more Christian's than muslims in nigeria.

igbos totally outnumber hausa in nigeria.
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2021
Nowenuse:

I think Sapoyoro was referring to the Ijebus of Lagos state and not those of Ogun state.

Lagos indigenes are predominantly muslims originally, but I don't think that is still the case today.

Lagos indigens are Bini people and they are not predominantly muslims
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2021
garfield1:

Igbos in the ss and se should be 17 million.igbos in the west and north is 17 million still less than hausa and yoruba popupations

Which hausa are u talking about? grin grin.....Hausa has only 5 states in Nigeria so dont try to add jukun, mumuye, Berom, Angas, Idoma, Nupe, Gwari, Fulani etc as hausa...its a silly thing to do.

Wey d yoruba population? Yoruba is far less populated than igbos
Re: Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2021
sapoyoro:

nope in sw,Muslims are majority..but not by much.

Do u always take Colorado?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Blockade: Northern Elders Frown At FFK's Involvement In Peace Deal / 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Honoured At The August Meeting In Imo. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.