Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (50882 Views)

Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by vaxx: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
hahaha.Nigerians are very funny.Maybe you people don't understand our economy. Just as your economy can only be crippled by international crude oil prices because your whole economy and exports depends on it thus you going into recession in 2015,the only thing that can cripple Ghana's economy is sharp fall of gold,cocoa and oil prices on the international market. Nigerians doing businesses in Ghana are nuisance whom 2/3 are even informal and evade taxes.They only end up repatrating all their little profits out of the country to their mama's in their village. Why do you think the Ghanaian government made a law to ban foreigners from retailing in Ghana.About your 4 banks or so in Ghana,just this year,the government liquidated and forcefully closed down 15 solid Ghanaians and Nigerian banks in Ghana and nobody including the economy was affected.The workers were given package and laid off.The economy was rather made stronger.The government ended up pumping billions of dollars into the economy. Your petty banks will close and leave and the economy won't even tickle.We're looking for better investments from Asia and the Western countries not Nigeria. Your glo company is almost dead.[b]Even you who leave in Ghana is an illegal immigrant [/b]including all these Nigerians studying in Ghana in unknown private universities without their residence permits. You guys force yourself unto Ghana cos we don't even need your failed naira here.
The problem is, nobody knows him, Nigeria goverment dosnt recognised him neither is he known by Ghanaian authority. he is more or less a nuisance to Nigeria and a liability to Ghana.

Ghana is not interested in petty Nigerians trader, who contribute nothing at all to the economy. Nigerians coming to Ghana should be productive enough to contribute much to the economy.

Ghana is not Eldorado yet for such living .Ghana immigration must strengthen the law now .

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.
Quote whatever figures you feel like and do whatever you like doing to Nigerians, the border remains shut till you all have sense. If you like deport the "4 million" Nigerians in Ghana, the border remains shut till you all have sense.
You can't determine what Nigeria does within her borders to survive but you want us to continue undermining our survival just to please you and grow your economy while ours loses, just don't start the wailing yet, you still have a long way to go and please inform your police to stop unlocking those shops please.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by punisha: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.

You insulted Nigeria and it's people and still concluded by calling us your brothers n sisters?
Whilst I have the feeling that u live in Nigeria,hence your masturbation all over this thread...

Read this slowly... You need help.
You are a deranged, sadistic,empty headed clown.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2019
Litmus:

Quick google search indicate Ghana GUTA is quick to shut down Nigerian business in Ghana.

very strange, jumpy-up and down, shouty folks grin
This is one of the reasons why the border would remain shut and please madam Abike Dabiri shouldn't interfere in this before Ghanaians would start rejoicing that Nigeria came begging.

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes,GUTA hates Nigerians and all their trades in Ghana.Left with them,all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana will get out of the country buh our leaders and security personnels always try to stop them from causing any mass closure of businesses and aluta.GUTA represents All Ghanaian traders in Ghana. Ghana has a law that bans any foreigner from trading in Ghana except when you have 1 million dollars as capital buh these Nigerians and foreigners always points to ECOWAS for protection and since you Nigerians closed your borders,although it hardly affected any business except some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa,they took the opportunity to warn our foreign minister in Ghana of Nigeria defying this same ECOWAS laws protecting their businesses in Ghana by closing the border and [b]told the foreign minister to close our borders too in Ghana or all the foreign Nigerian businesses in Ghana will be locked forever and nobody can shout ECOWNigeria again.That's what they've started.
That exactly is what we want, Ghana and other ECOWAS countries are leeching on Nigeria and we are always on the losing end.

11 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2019
pokuasi:
Don't tickle yourself and laugh ok.. NIGERIA can cripple your economy if she wants to today.. we can start by turning the tap off for one month and your economy crumbles.. we can ban any certificate obtained in your country.. and can double tax those investments that have given jobs to your country or force them to leave your country and millions of your citizens will die of hunger.. I'm in a Accra and can tell you the damage the collapsed banks have caused to your economy which is on life support already.. go read your history ok.. if NIGERIAN border closure continues the results will be hype inflation in Ghana and election is next year.. your ruling class are behind all these..
Don't mind him, the over $1 billion Nigerian students pump into their economy yearly would be stopped when certificates obtained from there by Nigerians would be banned.

14 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 8:00am On Oct 31, 2019
Eteka1:
Even if you guys decide to expel all Nigerian nationals from Ghana it changes nothing. You can be sure that Nigeria has the ability to target Ghana with painful counter measures.

Nigerians bring in a whole lot of money to the Ghanaian economy as tourists, students, businessmen etc, Ghana stands to loose more if they decide to pick a fight with Nigeria.

The Nigerians you see in Ghana can easily move elsewhere if it becomes necessary, as large numbers of Nigerians already can be found in all the countries of Africa (from South-Africa to Sao-Tome and Principe) and even Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East.
Ghana wasn't even directly targeted here, only a fallout effect and they're crying everywhere and everyday, tell me what they'd do if Nigeria decides to face Ghana.
I don't blame them though, it is Nigeria's big brother attitude that has caused all this in the first place, ordinary border closure with Benin and they're deafening everyone in Africa.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by ctleurocollege: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2019
grin
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Area4Area: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx:
The problem is, nobody knows him, Nigeria goverment dosnt recognised him neither is he known by Ghanaian authority. he is more or less a nuisance to Nigeria and a liability to Ghana.

Ghana is not interested in petty Nigerians trader, who contribute nothing at all to the economy. Nigerians coming to Ghana should be productive enough to contribute much to the economy.

Ghana is not Eldorado yet for such living .Ghana immigration must strengthen the law now .
All we are saying is that Ghana should shut her borders against goods from Nigeria and let's go there, locking up some Nigerian owned shops and your police opening them won't affect anything, just shut your airports, seaports and land borders to Nigerians or her goods and let's see

14 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Giftexx: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2019
pokuasi:
you're idiotic to start with and the figure you put out there are nonsensical to say the least.. 4million NIGERIANS living in Ghana and you have not died of hunger since you import almost everything you eat in your country.. Imagine 4 million NIGERIA sharing non-existent food you import even from dessert with you, by now you would long died..
I personally know those running private schools in NIGERIA.. I'll take it upon myself to burn them down since we're in retaliatory mood... those Ghanaians in my village before I was born and still there till today, will be sent back hopefully in body bags..
Pokuasi,
That name sounds Ghanaian... Pls gentle gentle oo

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Jamersirwin1971: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

You love your country Ghana and you are on nairaland commenting . Are you a learner .you would have looked for a Ghanaian forum to write all this your epistile ..

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Ayomarcel(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2019
You can't be a Nigerian outside Nigeria.. This is Inhumane.

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2019
The border remains closed.

Hopefully they'll remain closed for at least 5 years to enable our farmers catch up with the rest of the world.

Nigeria will not succumb to blackmail.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Ttipsy(f): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

Are you into smuggling of contraband goods and hard drugs or human trafficking? Those are the people suffering.
what is snuggling, when our useless and bribe taking custom and immigration officers ain't competent to execute their duties..
closing our borders for so long like this is wickedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by kereman1: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Pained GUTA, cry cry babies.

Always comparing and competing with Nigeria,
No matter how lizard do press up reach hm no fit get muscle like crocodile.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by timibare(m): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
No cow businesses in ghana.... FG wont pay any attention to this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by kingadex(m): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

Are you into smuggling of contraband goods and hard drugs or human trafficking? Those are the people suffering.

You Need Wisdom, Do you know how much they are selling ordinary tiger head battery now? If you want to buy our local vegetable, they will tell you border is closed manage it as it is.... Masses are suffering from the closure of border

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by martowskin1(m): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
These Ghanaians are sore losers grin grin
They shouldn't start what they cannot finish.

I don't think they are sore losers, do u expect them to just fold their hands while Nigeria act as they won't.

I expect them to react, even more, am expecting more from them, see ehn, Ghana will soon be incovinient for Nigerians.

This border closure I pray it doesn't lead to us loosing more than we plan to gain
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by iammo(m): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2019
cool

Game on, lets see if ghanians wont suffer... we own your banks, own your trade (from spare part to petty trade) and your industries sell to nigerian market

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by nrexzy: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
See this bankrupt Ghana locking people's shops, they should continue. They don't know Nigeria very very well.

If Nigerians enter into the business of locking people shop's, hmmm...if we enter into this business ..heeh.. It is that your President that will first rush to Aso rock to be shaking hand up and down.

Meanwhile, how can a broke country like Ghana be forming what they are not? Their finance Minister said they are broke o grin

They should calm down and beg Nigeria money

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by chrisagyei: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Area4Area:
Quote whatever figures you feel like and do whatever you like doing to Nigerians, the border remains shut till you all have sense. If you like deport the "4 million" Nigerians in Ghana, the border remains shut till you all have sense.
You can't determine what Nigeria does within her borders to survive but you want us to continue undermining our survival just to please you and grow your economy while ours loses, just don't start the wailing yet, you still have a long way to go and please inform your police to stop unlocking those shops please.
what border,seriously GUTA is fooling you guys.I wish you would understand our Twi language,I would have shared a video of GUTA executive whom already hate Nigeria even before this border and has seized the opportunity to get all Nigerians out of Ghana. They don't want your borders open because we don't even benefit from your market except alomo bitters buh you people always benefit from our market thus millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. They beg our government to get all Nigerians out of Ghana including their businesses buh our government always try to act diplomatic and fails the people. Your people are all over the place committing crimes and prostitution and they're nuisance to our country. It's our country and we don't want anymore Nigerians over here. That's simple.Tell your people to leave our country.!!!

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by martowskin1(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2019
Area4Area:
All we are saying is that Ghana should shut her borders against goods from Nigeria and let's go there, locking up some Nigerian owned shops and your police opening them won't affect anything, just shut your airports, seaports and land borders to Nigerians or her goods and let's see

U think the will come in that form as we did, no they won't, they will look for where they have edge and strike.

I just hope and pray we don't regret this actions of ours...

because i see all west Africa countries coming together to look for solution against what Nigeria is doing.

And it won't go well

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by FemiMaduka(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2019
It's about time that Ghanaians understood that Nigeria and Ghana are not on the same level, and Nigerians do not actually give a hoot about Ghana.

I think since the border closure gives Ghana so much fits, then it should remain SHUT! We can no longer afford to be the dumping ground for all sorts of foreign goods.

Ghana--sly and vile Ghana--will no longer leverage on our huge market to grow its own economy. If I was the president of Nigeria, I would makes sure any company that plans to establish in Ghana, whilst eyeing the Nigerian market, does not have access to Nigerian market. To hell with ECOWAS!

To even think that this same Ghana owes Nigeria almost every time. I subscribe to Pan-africanism but it is about time Ghana is made to understand that it is not in the same league with Nigeria, no matter the hype. Ghana should go find its mate in Ivory Coast, Uganda, Tanzania et'al--even Kenya is a bigger boy to Ghana.

Nigeria just needs to sort out its shit!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Seun360(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2019
pokuasi:
Don't tickle yourself and laugh ok.. NIGERIA can cripple your economy if she wants to today.. we can start by turning the tap off for one month and your economy crumbles.. we can ban any certificate obtained in your country.. and can double tax those investments that have given jobs to your country or force them to leave your country and millions of your citizens will die of hunger.. I'm in a Accra and can tell you the damage the collapsed banks have caused to your economy which is on life support already.. go read your history ok.. if NIGERIAN border closure continues the results will be hype inflation in Ghana and election is next year.. your ruling class are behind all these..

Turning tap off.......biko don't be like Russia.

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by samorobo: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2019
Lol this ghanians are joking with fire...please ghanians I am on my knees begging you, continue tgisock up and extend it to other village you call a city and way h what happens to you....pls don't stop licking those shop, please.......

This niggs just want to provoke Buhari..hahaha grin grin

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:

You have said it all, this government has no work able policy... I think Buhari have something against ghana and other Christian neighbouring countries.. I remember in 1983 when as part of austerity measure he ordered all Ghanaians to leave the country.
This did not solve our economic problems, rather it created more problems until the intervention of IBB...Forget about people shouting here, we are really suffering in this country due to the policies of this government. The same policy that did not work in 1983,how do we expect it to work now. angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
30 million people you say..... Ghana is nothing but a toddler when compare to Ngeria.
The 4 million Nigerians you talked about can come back to Nigeria and las las they will be okay.
But as long as that border remains closed, you, your family, and your countrymen can wail and go to hell. I repeat go to hell.

8 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by arrestdarrester: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

So, someone on a minimum wage of N30K who buys a bag of rice for 22K is a smuggler and human trafficker?

Such upsidedown reasoning is only found in APCheats
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by gwinaB(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes,GUTA hates Nigerians and all their trades in Ghana.Left with them,all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana will get out of the country buh our leaders and security personnels always try to stop them from causing any mass closure of businesses and aluta.GUTA represents All Ghanaian traders in Ghana. Ghana has a law that bans any foreigner from trading in Ghana except when you have 1 million dollars as capital buh these Nigerians and foreigners always points to ECOWAS for protection and since you Nigerians closed your borders,although it hardly affected any business except some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa,they took the opportunity to warn our foreign minister in Ghana of Nigeria defying this same ECOWAS laws protecting their businesses in Ghana by closing the border and told the foreign minister to close our borders too in Ghana or all the foreign Nigerian businesses in Ghana will be locked forever and nobody can shout ECOWAS again.That's what they've started.

It's really amazing to see people write so ignorantly. Ask the traders in Ghana or your minister of Ghana if it's just "some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa"

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by samorobo: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Jeez the zoo is broke and they want to lock shop....Ghana sick ass economy is a charade..

Thank God they would be going to the polls next year to vote for reality rather than akufFO fictions and hallucinations grin grin grin

Zooooooooo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Jman06(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2019
Hope Ghana has paid up their gas debts to Nigeria Nigerian government must recover every cent Ghana is owing us.

Any Nigerian still remaining in Ghana at this time is doing so at his/her own risk!

Leave Ghana now!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ballot Box Snatcher Shot Dead By Soldiers In Akwa Ibom / Dino Malaye Reacts To Oshiomhole Bowing To Saraki In Throwback Photo / "Release Nnamdi Kanu - Soludo To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.