Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (50872 Views)

Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by wisdomkid: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
These Ghanaians are sore losers grin grin
They shouldn't start what they cannot finish.

Which one is they can't finish? What has the Nigerian government done to people who killed her people? loot their shops?
Tell yourself the truth, they know there will be no repacursion that is why they did it.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by gwinaB(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
what border,seriously GUTA is fooling you guys.I wish you would understand our Twi language,I would have shared a video of GUTA executive whom already hate Nigeria even before this border and has seized the opportunity to get all Nigerians out of Ghana. They don't want your borders open because we don't even benefit from your market except alomo bitters buh you people always benefit from our market thus millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. They beg our government to get all Nigerians out of Ghana including their businesses buh our government always try to act diplomatic and fails the people. Your people are all over the place committing crimes and prostitution and they're nuisance to our country. It's our country and we don't want anymore Nigerians over here. That's simple.Tell your people to leave our country.!!!

Your government knows better than you and GUTA. They see the pictures you guys don't see. There are equally a large number of Ghanaians living in Nigeria. The reason for whatever hate your GUTA harbours is best known to them but be sure that it's not for the greatness of Ghana or improvement of Ghanaian economy.

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by samorobo: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2019
Multiplier7:
It is pride that will kill this Ghana of a country.
If you need help. Ask for help and don't be shy about it.

Don't show strength to Nigerian Economy more giantic than your economy

Hahahaha fastest growing economy in the world...omg I can't laugh grin grin grin...mehndi my ribs are aching hard grin grin
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Eteka1(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2019
Conceptman:
Make we no start wetin we no fit handle, the white people will be so glad to see Africa tearing apart which will give ways to another unforeseen modern colonization,this government currently ruling Nigeria are to be blamed for decisions like this,you can't cut ties with other African countries when you have Ecowas tieing all Africans together, lots of Ghanians here today and likewise lots of Nigerians there in Ghana, these 2 countries has been so friendly with each other for long and any brouhaha like this will only cause serious havoc to both countries because we are so close to each other, when you fight your neighbor be ready for destruction when a far distance stranger attacks you, Africa needs to understand what brought all Africans together
(1) Is the closure of land borders targeted at Ghana?
(2) Is the government not supposed to take steps to curb illegal trade and smuggling which Benin republic is benefitting from?
(3) Is it so difficult for any genuine importer to use our seaports or airports until the embargo on land imports is lifted?
(4) Must Nigeria continue to allow its economy be affected negatively by unwholesome trade practices by neighbouring countries just so that they can be happy with us?

8 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Conceptman: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2019
Beremx:
Don't mind him and his ignorant followers. Nigerians are suffering more but they don't bother. Some idiots are calling me a smuggler just because I am against it. The last time I went to seme border was 8yrs ago
the government needs to weigh in the positive and negative effects of such decision before taking it and at least considering the people (Nigerians) it will affect, it's affecting every persons who eats stone rice, I now substitute rice for spaghetti

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Topmaike007(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2019
FrLukas:
The border remains closed.

Hopefully they'll remain closed for at least 5 years to enable our farmers catch up with the rest of the world.

Nigeria will not succumb to blackmail.
the border shall not be open for 5 years but 10 years in Jesus name 2029 here we come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Khan2013(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
what border,seriously GUTA is fooling you guys.I wish you would understand our Twi language,I would have shared a video of GUTA executive whom already hate Nigeria even before this border and has seized the opportunity to get all Nigerians out of Ghana. They don't want your borders open because we don't even benefit from your market except alomo bitters buh you people always benefit from our market thus millions of Nigerians living in Ghana and doing businesses. They beg our government to get all Nigerians out of Ghana including their businesses buh our government always try to act diplomatic and fails the people. Your people are all over the place committing crimes and prostitution and they're nuisance to our country. It's our country and we don't want anymore Nigerians over here. That's simple.Tell your people to leave our country.!!!
GUTA executive hating Nigeria just goes on to confirm how important and influential Nigeria is to Ghanaian economy, i don't think an executive of the equivalent association in Nigeria gives a f**k to even hate on Ghana

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Topmaike007(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2019
kingadex:

You Need Wisdom, Do you know how much they are selling ordinary tiger head battery now? If you want to buy our local vegetable, they will tell you border is closed manage it as it is.... Masses are suffering from the closure of border
we shall suffer it and enjoy the fruit of the labour in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2019
I'm sure the effect of locking that shop will affect Nigeria oil industry, ruins Lagos economy and alaba international will shut down, Ghana please nah

Nene, don't treat us like this!

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by samorobo: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2019
Kapilta:
I will always say this thing, if Nigeria had been lucky to be in East Africa, it would have really gone far. All you in west are parasites especially the former english colonies, you full of unnecessary hate and envy.

You said GUTA hates Nigerians, are there any Ghanaian association that doesn't? Even your media houses all run propaganda against Nigeria, that's how much bittered you lots are. Your country first deported Nigerians and when Nigeria did same, it became a crime that you lots are still holding the country to ransome till date.

Just look at all the hatred in your post, i'm not surprised i'm familiar with you lots. How does border closure led to a trade war? Was Ghana banned not to bring in their goods to Nigeria? No. Are there Ghanaians in Nigerians doing small business just like Nigerians doing in Ghana. Of course yes, i don't expect you to know that because i'm sure you've never been to Aflao all your life not to talk about crossing the borders. Have you ever heard of Nigerian government frustrating any Ecowas member citizens doing small businesses in Nigeria, never, you can never hear this.

This act and all the goods Nigeria have done to you lots through ECOWAS is what will always make Nigeria greater than your enclaves.

You lots are too bitter, full of hate and envy. It's all unnecessary.

Lol leave that Chris of a boy..he lives in an alternate universe...That boy should be made the chief hype of Ghana...Damn if you see the way he hype Ghana in one thread dude I almost believe Ghana to be America..
Can you believe he said Ghana has high quality world class throughout the entire country...And I was like whattttt!!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Frankiss44(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2019
gwinaB:

It's really amazing to see people write so ignorantly. Ask the traders in Ghana or your minister of Ghana if it's just "some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa"

Have been laughing at the guys write up since.. Well he just a another ignorant chest beating Ghanaian.. The good thing for their tiny country is that they have leaders that are sensible and actually know what is at stake.. That is why they are seeking diplomatic ways to seek a solution

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Barzinime(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2019
Go back and revise your economics textbook, especially the Demand & Supply topic, after assimilating well, come back and change the rubbish you wrote. angry
People with knowledge knows border closure is a good development.
kingadex:

You Need Wisdom, Do you know how much they are selling ordinary tiger head battery now? If you want to buy our local vegetable, they will tell you border is closed manage it as it is.... Masses are suffering from the closure of border

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Abuventure: 8:50am On Oct 31, 2019
No be small thing bloda
Conceptman:
I just hope our health sector are ready to handle the future health risk of the so called stone rice. There should have been a proper arrangements for a better supply of quality rice before closing borders

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Frankiss44(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2019
payperpost:
I'm sure the effect of locking that shop will affect Nigeria oil industry, ruins Lagos economy and alaba international will shut down, Ghana please nah

Nene, don't treat us like this!

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Conceptman: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Eteka1:
(1) Is the closure of land borders targeted at Ghana?
(2) Is the government not supposed to take steps to curb illegal trade and smuggling which Benin republic is benefitting from?
(3) Is it so difficult for any genuine importer to use our seaports or airports until the embargo on land imports is lifted?
(4) Must Nigeria continue to allow its economy be affected negatively by unwholesome trade practices by neighbouring countries just so that they can be happy with us?
but do you think these governments are doing this for the sake of the masses? Let's look at the corruptions of our leaders looting everyday and we think we are smart as a citizen while they keep enriching theirselves, you implement a policy to gather money for the country but what's the positive reflection of that money in the country and yet we keep borrowing, until the government can tackle corruptions without being partial and bias about it then I will fully support every good policy to move this nation forward until then We the masses are the one losing my brother
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by chrisagyei: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Conceptman:
Make we no start wetin we no fit handle, the white people will be so glad to see Africa tearing apart which will give ways to another unforeseen modern colonization,this government currently ruling Nigeria are to be blamed for decisions like this,you can't cut ties with other African countries when you have Ecowas tieing all Africans together, lots of Ghanians here today and likewise lots of Nigerians there in Ghana, these 2 countries has been so friendly with each other for long and any brouhaha like this will only cause serious havoc to both countries because we are so close to each other, when you fight your neighbor be ready for destruction when a far distance stranger attacks you, Africa needs to understand what brought all Africans together
That's why I don't want to see this happen.I just narrated what GUTA wants to do and has in plans.I have many Nigerian friends and I don't wish for any trade wars.That's why our leaders always protects Nigerians in Ghana during these attacks.Kwame Nkrumah will even disown me if I call Nigerians my enemies.He spent all his life trying to unite Africa against the imperialist and I will not destroy his reputation cos Nkrumah a god in Ghana. We just want peace.Buh GUTA always hated you guys and your people in Ghana and now you people have given them the chance to start this xenophobia in Ghana and I can bet you that Ghanaians will now look on and will not even intervene again to defend Nigerians.Come and see them organising press conference to deal with Nigerians. Just this year,they started buh they were cooled off buh now due to your border closure which hardly affects Ghanaians,they are now campaigning for Ghana to ban anything Nigeria in Ghana.Our economy depends on Cocoa,Gold,tourism, timber and oil and any other thing is just minor and won't affect even 2% of the population. So tell your people to thread cautiously.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Xisnin(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2019
Zooposki:

I’m sure all these points raised were taken into consideration before the border closure. Bubu is not going to open that border.

That was how UK messed up and said no work experience after attending their university. Nigerians started relocating to other countries. Now they are begging us to come back by quickly amending their constitution to allow for twice the duration for work experience.
You amuse yourself.
The UK has no constitution.
Even if it did, banning foreign students wouldn't need a constitutional amendment.
An administrative directive is sufficient for that.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by ofonimi: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2019
Are they retaliating because of border closure?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Studyinchina200(m): 8:53am On Oct 31, 2019
There are lot of Ghanaian students here in China more than even the Nigerians.

Most of my friends are Ghanaians and some of them are very cool guys.

Stop hyping your country masa, there is nothing special about Ghana.

chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2019
samorobo:

Hahahaha fastest growing economy in the world...omg I can't laugh grin grin grin...mehndi my ribs are aching hard grin grin

As in eeh my brother. That country is learning from Nigeria, they plan to implement same policies as ours. Check this out

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Topmaike007(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2019
martowskin1:

U think the will come in that form as we did, no they won't, they will look for where they have edge and strike.

I just hope and pray we don't regret this actions of ours...

because i see all west Africa countries coming together to look for solution against what Nigeria is doing.

And it won't go well
they can't do anything to us.... We're ready to buy what they produce but not ready to patronise what they're trying to smuggle... That's one of the law of ECOWAS, we've the numbers bro..
Do you know why China is flexing muscle toward USA? Is because of the numbers/population.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Temple1288(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
grin Buhari kindly close down the border till infinity. I so love this policy.

Make i go invest in poultry and farming in Taraba grin

Bad Egg! If indeed you're Samuel Anyanwu, then you're one of the numerous reasons why people left Nigeria for Ghana... But if you're not, then you're fronting for a man that subjected his Ikeduru people to inhumane treatment just because of money..

Debunk it if it's a lie. Rotten Egg!
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by klax(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Nut is this dey pain Ghana this much Beside they did not share border directly with Nigeria so why are they in these much pains looking for all silly excuses to harrass Nigerians in their country.

Honestly I'm not in support of this border closure a bit but if it's possible to single out Ghana and block any border transaction or business with them I will have love it much.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Eteka1:
Wonders shall never end. Lucifer is now a Christian. Lol.

My brother i know what my household passed through in 1983,the fact is 90%of the people on NL were not born then so they don't seem to understand how buharis tenure was then... And most of us do not read.
This is a man that changed the currency without the normal stipulated timeline to effect it.
This is also a man that prepared a decree overnight and backdated it just to make sure he killed drug traffickers
It was during his regime that the naira took its major plunge against the dollar.
Let usbe guided and stop mortgaging our future and that of our generations on the altar of partisan, and "Yes" club to everything this government says.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Eteka1(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Conceptman:
but do you think these governments are doing this for the sake of the masses? Let's look at the corruptions of our leaders looting everyday and we think we are smart as a citizen while they keep enriching theirselves, you implement a policy to gather money for the country but what's the positive reflection of that money in the country and yet we keep borrowing, until the government can tackle corruptions without being partial and bias about it then I will fully support every good policy to move this nation forward until then We the masses are the one losing my brother
Yes there is rampant corruption in every facet of life in Nigeria, that doesn't therefore mean we should also allow our neighbours shortchange and undermine us.

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Conceptman: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2019
Beremx:
Don't mind him and his ignorant followers. Nigerians are suffering more but they don't bother. Some idiots are calling me a smuggler just because I am against it. The last time I went to seme border was 8yrs ago
anyone calling you a smuggler for saying the truth needs a cold slap to cool his or her temperature, Africans are losing the brotherhood that built the African Nations
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by panch001(m): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2019
E pain them grin grin grin. Make we kuku build wall just like USA
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by samorobo: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2019
Conceptman:

Pls let it cause serious wahala..I want that illusory friendship that both countries have to be destroyed....

Let the kasala burst so we will see which country is superior
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Topmaike007(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2019
arrestdarrester:

So, someone on a minimum wage of N30K who buys a bag of rice for 22K is a smuggler and human trafficker?

Such upsidedown reasoning is only found in APCheats
majority carries the vote, people that are happy with the closure are much to you guys wailing, if Singapore can do it then we can do the same in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by djoe21(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2019
Zooposki:

I’m sure all these points raised were taken into consideration before the border closure. Bubu is not going to open that border.

That was how UK messed up and said no work experience after attending their university. Nigerians started relocating to other countries. Now they are begging us to come back by quickly amending their constitution to allow for twice the duration for work experience.

Are you serious? Are they now allowing post study visa?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by maasoap(m): 9:00am On Oct 31, 2019
Zooposki:

Really? That's good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See What This APC Fan Did To Himself With Brooms - Photo / Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed. / 22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.