Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (50888 Views)

Army Locks Up Soldier Earning N50K Who Lamented He Needs 70k To Visit His Family / Keyamo: LP ‘Riling Up’ Nigerians Against Judiciary Over Presidential Election / Ghanaian traders shut down more Nigerians’ shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Empredboy(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2019
SamOyovwi:
It is an opportunity for us here. We've thrown billions to these small Africans countries
do you people think of those doing legitimate business at the border? Do you know there are destinations that has no port? How do those doing business with such destination cope? Do you know that these are tax and duty payers? My clients lost ginger due for export to Mali worth #24m at the border because of the closure. Do you know the agony these people who collect loans from banks go through because of the damages this closure has caused? Some have an LPO to export seseme seed and other perishables to non sea countries. My dear the agony is endless.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Angelfrost(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2019
obidark:

wat....??
you wan tell me how to spell moroooooooon on social media,you moroon....??

You are barking up the wrong tree... Better get back to kissing dirty Ghanaian asses.

It's too early in the day to bandy words with traitors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by SamOyovwi: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2019
It won't. A country that calls itself a developing country should be able to feed itself and produce basic commodities. There's a lot of gain in this. This is just the beginning. China is an example. No country dey send food items for then
martowskin1:

I don't think they are sore losers, do u expect them to just fold their hands while Nigeria act as they won't.

I expect them to react, even more, am expecting more from them, see ehn, Ghana will soon be incovinient for Nigerians.

This border closure I pray it doesn't lead to us loosing more than we plan to gain
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 10:06am On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx:
calling you an iliiterate is an understatement, you are simply an analphabetic slowpoke...

There are reasons for slow economy growth , And Ghana is not the only country with fast economy growth with such news now. same thing is happening to China and India as their economy growth has slowed down now. The loming trade war between US and China, The brexit deal are consider decision. nothing at all linked it to ecowas trade. Ghana at it s slowest growth is rising faster than Any country with such growth rate in africa not even ruwanda.....

Generally, this quarter consumption and demand was estimated low owing to election but situation is more pronounced than anticipated. Core sector growth for Q1 2019 is still remain at 7 % as iMF predicted.

You go to news channel and published it without understanding it. very stupid and dump

Myd44, I did not curse this guy o.

I don't know why ordinary Ghanaians cannot have a simple conversation without cursing. The likes of

Mumudom
Vaxx
Chrisgyie
Psychologygh
Just30

Those guys suppose to be at the psychiatric most especially Vaxx tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2019
Nigeria is indecisive...the disadvantage of border closure is much more than the advantage of the border close...
What is Nigeria afraid of? Since there's bilateral agreement of movement of goods and person, why can't dey approach it in another manner instead of border closure....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Naajjii: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.
You are just here ranting as a result of frustration. If you people like close all Nigerians shops in Ghana, we won't open our border for you people to bring in products that were dumped in your Country by other countries. If you like close all Nigerians shop in Ghana it won't affect our Economy . Our Economy is not dependent on shop owners in Ghana. Some of Nigerian businesses in Ghana employed alot of Ghanian, so if you close them you also send some of Ghanians out of Job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Angelfrost(m): 10:08am On Oct 31, 2019
Empredboy:
your point?

If push comes to shove, the growth of Nigeria local industry is a bigger priority than how well Nigerian owned businesses fare beyond these shores... It's quite simple sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Angelfrost:

You are barking up the wrong tree... Better get back to kissing dirty Ghanaian asses.

It's too early in the day to bandy words with traitors.

kiiikikiki....its like pissin on the tree....
kiiiki....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Multiplier7:

Whichever one you desire, I multiply

I can multiply craze too

i can aswell....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by chrisagyei: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx:
calling you an iliiterate is an understatement, you are simply an analphabetic slowpoke...

There are reasons for slow economy growth , And Ghana is not the only country with fast economy growth with such news now. same thing is happening to China and India as their economy growth has slowed down now. The loming trade war between US and China, The brexit deal are consider decision. nothing at all linked it to ecowas trade. Ghana at it s slowest growth is rising faster than Any country with such growth rate in africa not even ruwanda.....

Generally, this quarter consumption and demand was estimated low owing to election but situation is more pronounced than anticipated. Core sector growth for Q1 2019 is still remain at 7 % as iMF predicted.

You go to news channel and published it without understanding it. very stupid and dump
don't bother yourself bro.In fact,I feel very reluctant in replying their ignorant replies.I feel like they're deep in the hole of ignorance. The only thing that will force Ghana to come to the table is gold,oil and cocoa.These are our heartbeats. Trade in Ghana is mutually beneficial to both the buyer and the seller and most investors who're legally registered in Ghana are from South Africa, Europe and Asia.Our trade among Nigeria is among the lowest and even number 4 in West Africa. We trade more among Togo,Burkina Faso and Cote D'Ivoire than Nigeria. Most Nigerian traders here are highly informal and can enter and exist the economy anytime without the economy realising what's moving over there.In fact,Ghana the 7th largest purchasing power in Africa for our population and thus GUTA praying these Nigerians competing with them in Ghana should leave so that Ghanaians can control this informal retail trade.So they will not stop unless these Nigerians are frustrated and leave just as South Africans are frustrating them and other African retailers in SA.Informal trade is not even recognize and recorded so it's like a ghost trade

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Naajjii:

You are just here ranting as a result of frustration. If you people like close all Nigerians shops in Ghana, we won't open our border for you people to bring in products that were dumped in your Country by other countries. If you like close all Nigerians shop in Ghana it won't affect our Economy . Our Economy is not dependent on shop owners in Ghana. Frustrated idiot!!!

tell am....
imagine....this africans wan tell us numbers dont matter....nigeria big for nothing....
shey you nigerians see now....i say keep the bothers closed for 8years....!!

let them first understand corner corner doesnt help nobody....

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Buke26: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2019
What are this Ghanaians doing on Nairaland? You guys don't have "Ghanailand"? . Y'll illegal immigrants. Abeg you people should take your inferiority complex elsewhere cos Nigerians don't fight ugly people

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Buke26:
What are this Ghanaians doing on Nairaland? You guys don't have "Ghanailand"? . Y'll illegal immigrants. Abeg you people should take your inferiority complex elsewhere cos Nigerians don't fight ugly people

kiiiki.....

chai,i was kicked for trying to defend ghanaians....
they are on their own oo....

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
don't bother yourself bro.In fact,I feel very reluctant in replying their ignorant replies.I feel like they're deep in the hole of ignorance. The only thing that will force Ghana to come to the table is gold,oil and cocoa.These are our heartbeats. Trade in Ghana is mutually beneficial to both the buyer and the seller and most investors who're legally registered in Ghana are from South Africa, Europe and Asia.Our trade among Nigeria is among the lowest and even number 4 in West Africa. We trade more among Togo,Burkina Faso and Cote D'Ivoire than Nigeria. Most Nigerian traders here are highly informal and can enter and exist the economy anytime without the economy realising what's moving over there.In fact,Ghana the 7th largest purchasing power in Africa for our population and thus GUTA praying these Nigerians competing with them in Ghana should leave so that Ghanaians can control this informal retail trade.So they will not stop unless these Nigerians are frustrated and leave just as South Africans are frustrating them and other African retailers in SA.Informal trade is not even recognize and recorded so it's like a ghost trade

Charlie, that's why I can't seem to understand why your country is so pissed about the whole scenario. Fine, we agree. You people are the best, the giant hope you are happy now

So can you guys leave us and our border alone. Uncle, is that too much to ask?

4 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Goldenurch(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

Have you seen them on Twitter recently? No, you can't, they don't have money to buy data since Nigeria closed its borders. Even Ghana President never chop today. Useless brunt offerings that should be sacrificed to the God of Thunder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2019
Multiplier7:

Charlie, that's why I can't seem to understand why your country is so pissed about the whole scenario. Fine, we agree. You people are the best, the giant hope you are happy now

So can you guys leave us and our border alone. Uncle, is that too much to ask?

bros,wetin i do you....??
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by vaxx2: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2019
Area4Area:
Closure of the border is the official statement and keeping it shut till now despite the diplomacy your ministers have been trying to play for it to be opened is the Nigerian government telling you to do your worst.

You do not expect our president to come on live TV and telling your president and his cabinet to do anything, action they say speaks louder than voice.
It better you shut up ,if you have nothing to say.
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2019
vaxx2:
It better you shut up ,if you have nothing to say.

we are sayin something now....better you listen....
we are sayin we nigerians dont like you ghanaians either....

gerrit....??

2 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Goldenurch(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
You Nigerians are very funny oo.I already told you that GUTA already hate you and had just gotten the perfect opportunity to get all Nigerian competitors and traders out from Ghana. Remember that Ghana is already 30 million people and has the second largest economy in West Africa and higher GDP per capita than Nigeria. There're more than 4 million Nigerians living and working in Ghana together with their families. Ghana doesn't really produce anything for exports into West Africa except some few alcoholic companies. Now if these millions of Nigerians living in Ghana are frustrated and forced out of Ghana, your same people will be shouting ECOWAS and xenophobia. Now let's see if any Nigerian will shout ECOWAS again. Just this year,just 400 Nigerian shops and businesses were locked in just one spare parts town in another city called Kumasi alone and you people were all over the place. You wannabe giants were mocking our leaders that they're begging you. For them they always want peace just like the South African leaders try to make peace buh we the people of Ghana don't want to see you Nigerians in our country and don't even care or heard of any border closure .F**k peace. That's the honest situation on the ground .Seriously I love my country Ghana more than myself." God Bless our Homeland Ghana, And Make Her Great And Strong ".I hate to see my fellow brothers and sisters from Nigeria insult my nation Ghana.

Hatred is making you Ghanaians too black..stop it

1 Like

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by D1zion: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2019
efighter:

Are you into smuggling of contraband goods and hard drugs or human trafficking? Those are the people suffering.
justthink very well,do you think those involved in the border closure eat locally made things or buy Abba clothes & wear or patronized our hospital here.all this border closure is for the masses to suffer more....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2019
Goldenurch:

Hatred is making you Ghanaians too black..stop it

black is a name of a paint....nobody is realy black....

we have mentality issues here with ghana....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2019
D1zion:
justthink very well,do you think those involved in the border closure eat locally made things or buy Abba clothes & wear or patronized our hospital here.all this border closure is for the masses to suffer more....

explain how....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by pappydeewhy: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes,GUTA hates Nigerians and all their trades in Ghana.Left with them,all the millions of Nigerians living in Ghana will get out of the country buh our leaders and security personnels always try to stop them from causing any mass closure of businesses and aluta.GUTA represents All Ghanaian traders in Ghana. Ghana has a law that bans any foreigner from trading in Ghana except when you have 1 million dollars as capital buh these Nigerians and foreigners always points to ECOWAS for protection and since you Nigerians closed your borders,although it hardly affected any business except some few alcoholic companies that exported some of it's products to Nigeria and West Africa,they took the opportunity to warn our foreign minister in Ghana of Nigeria defying this same ECOWAS laws protecting their businesses in Ghana by closing the border and told the foreign minister to close our borders too in Ghana or all the foreign Nigerian businesses in Ghana will be locked forever and nobody can shout ECOWAS again.That's what they've started.
Sore loser.Do you know that there are thousands of ghanians Sturt in Nigeria tertiary institutions because they can't afford the cost of education in ghana.?
I have a friend that we graduated together, he is from ghana. All his brothers and sisters graduated from Nigerian schools. By the way Ghana has how many universities?
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Goldenurch(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2019
obidark:

stfu....!!
who the hell do you think you are threatnin here....??!!
ghanaians...??!!

i will slap you with a body bag....!! angry angry

If I hear pem again

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Hazel01Stevens(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Wo! ONGOING TRADE WAR BETWEEN GHANA AND NIGERIA.

1ST..These actions from our fellow African sister countries shows they don't have our back.. At all.

2ND... Our African Brothers Hates us so much (E.g GHANA and SA) .. Evidently The jealousy speaks a lot. Underneath the smile even GHANA and Ghanaians Harbour so much hatred for us.
I'd say this.. 'It shouldn't be Nigeria, because regardless of any thing Nigeria has always played this Big Brother Role in Africa. Check the History Books. We've not got much but we've done much for Africa.. Say; Security, Funding, Economic development and resuscitation of most African lots.. See the Entertainment Industry. Etc

Undeniably Nigeria is the Face and Future of Africa..Nobody and no amount of hate can change that..

Either you support Nigeria and so Africa or don't. (which is Gonna be bad for You)..

Trust you've seen and know what Nigerian can do (possibly the West testify of the Genius we are).. You know the Nigeria dream.. Hence the Jealousy..

You Ghanaian lots Showing So much Hatred here on NL should ask yourselves why you are Here on NL.. The answer you get Tells you What Nigeria Means..
"S. I. R. G.

3 Likes

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by pappydeewhy: 10:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Sore loser.Do you know that there are thousands of ghanians Studying in Nigeria tertiary institutions because they can't afford the cost of education in ghana.?
I have a friend that we graduated together, he is from ghana. All his brothers and sisters graduated from Nigerian schools. By the way Ghana has how many universities
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Goldenurch(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2019
obidark:

stfu....!! who the hell do you think you are threatnin here....??!! ghanaians...??!!
i will slap you with a body bag....!! angry angry
If I hear pem again

Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:

bros,wetin i do you....??

Did I say you do me anything? undecided
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2019
Goldenurch:

Better behave yourself

try me....
lets see who will beat up who....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2019
Multiplier7:

Did I say you do me anything? undecided

park....!!
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by justtoodark: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2019
Goldenurch:

If I hear pem again

ehen ehen....
shey na so we wan groove now....??
just tell me when you are ready,i don tey tey ready....
Re: GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi by Multiplier7(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2019
justtoodark:

park....!!
Pull over

Let me leave you for now and focus on the people that am here for.

But bros...am watching you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats / Dino Malaye Reacts To Oshiomhole Bowing To Saraki In Throwback Photo / Why Are You Looking At Me With Pity? - Oshiomhole Asks Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.