Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49384 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by deltateam: 5:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Ab025:
This is your own version.....I can't comment until I hear his version.

Women have a way of not telling us where/how they bleeped up when things go wrong...

Maybe she was too domineering.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by boiz2men(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2019
tiffanyfan:

Hmmmm......a girl needs to be careful with the kind of people she call her friend
I can say the same for guys cheesy
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by midnighter(f): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
He probably has been coming to see his mother in Lagos, but you're not aware. They are already planning wedding with another girl.

So cant his mother do something and put her out of her misery? They have been communicating all this while. Hm!
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Kobicove(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i live in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.

She's in Lagos not Asaba
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by yeyeosoronga: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2019
midnighter:

So cant his mother do something and put her out of her misery? They have been communicating all this while. Hm!

You'll be surprised at how protective of their own children parents are. Especially since he is an only child. The mother will stan her son till the end ooo. Unless he asks her to let the OP know, mama will keep quiet and follow whatever her son wants. Until he marries before mama can ever think of spoiling his chances with her. Infact many mothers will not let their son's wife know about a girlfriend if he has one, how much more an unmarried son keeping multiple girlfriends.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by luvyaself95(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:

You’re right.
I would like to hear his own version too, to know where I bleeped up.

However, in the mean time, my version is all I have.

For where you wan hear he own version of the story abi you dey think the girl go tell you or the guy dey for nairaland.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by midnighter(f): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

You'll be surprised at how protective of their own children parents are. Especially since he is an only child. The mother will stan her son till the end ooo. Unless he asks her to let the OP know, mama will keep quiet and follow whatever her son wants. Until he marries before mama can ever think of spoiling his chances with her. Infact many mothers will not let their son's wife know about a girlfriend if he has one, how much more an unmarried son keeping multiple girlfriends.

Okay.

It just seems cruel on OP, thats all. Even Patience Ozokwor would at least shout at you "Its over! Leave my son alone"

This one is just a no mans land!

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by luvyaself95(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
franchasng:
He has been tired of you since and was looking for a way to escape and the transfer made things easy for him.

Girls should learn to love like guys. Until you are married officially, sister you are single. stop turning other guys down because of one guy you call boyfriend, whom you don't even know how many other girlfriends he has and maybe planning to marry. If he wants you to be his and his alone, let him go and pay your dowry and marry you officially.

While dating any guy, please give other guys a chance of friendship, if your so called boyfriend complains, tell him to go and pay your dowry or quit if he cannot stay.

If you have side boyfriends, it won't hurt you much when one boyfriend breaks your heart, you will just shift your attention to the next most qualified guy asking you out, that's how guys do.

Ladies grow up!! Threatening a guy for dumping you or quitting relationship with you is stupidity, move on to the next guy asap!

Since you have been jumping from one guy to another wetin you don gain.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makinson2865: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
they are back together again Thank God
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by myfan: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

This is so right. Thump up for you man.

I'm copying it to paste for my GF.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by myfan: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
makinson2865:
they are back together again Thank God

How did you know?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by joshboo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...
Since you in contact with his mum spring him a surprise visit
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by jclassiq(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

This type of sh*t can make you lose your mind for real, babe trust me. But you will be OK soon. You may not fully recover from this sort of crap but you must go on living. And I hope someone comes soon who will take you to the altar and love you till death do you part.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
jclassiq:

This type of sh*t can make you lose your mind for real, babe trust me. But you will be OK soon. You may not fully recover from this sort of crap but you must go on living. And I hope someone comes soon who will take you to the altar and love you till death do you part.

Thank you smiley
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nat404: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
He does not have any plan to marry you I guess.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by jakandeola(m): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
rosalieene:

my sister..... some guys dont just officially break up with you, they give you the silent treatment, and that's worst because it would drain you emotionally while wondering what you did wrong. stop bothering yourself, its painful yes especially the 5yrs wasted..... just brace up, you would meet your Mr Right soon.
That's what my dickhead of an Ex did, just cut off communication.... tho he had started misbehaving few months prior to then, I begged, I asked what went wrong, only for the niqqa to target when I was writing my exams and stopped communication, you can imagine what it did to my wellbeing, I was down, I cried, no concentration for the exam because I couldn't place what went wrong but God was faithful to me...I wouldn't wish my enemy that. It took me 9 months to get closure and get over him. nigga was telling me the usual line 'it's not you the problem is me' afterwards. even claimed not to know what happened.. and stupid me was thinking that devil just came to spoil the relationship. when I finally got closure, I realized that the truth was that he was done with the relationship months ago hence the attitude. As part of consolation the nigga said I have a Good heart and deserves someone who would treat me like a queen, even tho this was not coming from his mind...... But today, I am blessed with an amazing man, better than my Ex in everything... so you see, just brace up, someday you will smile and thank God for the breakup just like I did.
amazing man before u shout up and down as u manage get a boyfriend wait till he put ring on ur finger
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...
Clean closure is what's going to heal

that heart of yours right now.
Trust me ,these lady is in real deep pains embarassed
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by rosalieene(f): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
jakandeola:
amazing man before u shout up and down as u manage get a boyfriend wait till he put ring on ur finger
shut up!
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by thowbie7ven(m): 6:03am On Jan 19, 2020
LolaO:

Too many questions...
You didn't tell us if it's the same guy that proposed to you...or is it another guy?? And you're here forming you've moved on and you'll never take him back even if he comes begging...This is why I hate social media, a lot of lies and deceit everywhere...anyways, I'm happy for you guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Twitter User Claims He Had Sex With A Lady Who Did Her Wedding 3 Months Ago / Rich Nigerian Man Force His Girlfriend To Eat A Whole Cake / Lady Hangs Out With Her Man In A Hotel, Days After He Battered Her In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.