Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga (8515 Views)

JUST IN: Peter Obi Wins Lagos, Shredding Bola Tinubu’s Toga Of Invincibility In / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta / 7 Reasons Why Atiku Corrupt Toga Is a Myth !!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sammy07:

I'm Yoruba, Buh you're very correct with the bolded

You are the kind of Yoruba I love mingling with. The ones who sees the truth and acknowledges it.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

Why will I talk to a product of "truth or Dare"?
Obey simple instruction....shut your mouth up.
Shut it.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by gidgiddy: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
Yujin:

Hello Gidgiddy. It seems you're too bothered over something as little as this. It shows your level of desperation. She's just 10yrs old and barely knows the dynamics of what she said. You can't fault her a bit. Calling Okowa here will not solve anything. The best antidote to such identities comes from us (Igbos from the SE). It is us that will give them the confidence to identify as Igbos without appending any other differential identity. If we accept and treat them exactly as we would treat Igbos of the SE, then naturally they will drop that name and there won't be any difference. I know that lots of us unconsciously differentiate them that's why they usually identify themselves like that. It's a gradual process. I've been able to work this out with a couple of matured Igbos from Delta who hitherto won't want to be called Igbos plainly. I used the same strategy as I mentioned here and over time they've blended in now and confidently speak Igbo with the rest of us. You know some of their Igbo words differ from the consensus ones we use. I encouraged them to gradually use those ones as we also had to give up our own dialectical words for the general ones we all use now. Never did I laugh at some of their little different words. Today, we relate better and they openly enjoy their Igbo heritage. The work lies with us bro.

Stop talking nonsense, there is no difference between an Igbo from Delta state and an Igbo from Imo. Igbo is Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
gidgiddy:

Stop talking nonsense, there is no difference between an Igbo from Delta state and an Igbo from Imo. Igbo is Igbo.

Desperation is too bad.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by jimyjames(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thermodynamics:

Even Igbo too originated from somewhere, according to you guys, you originated from Israel, why don't you call yourselves Israelites, why do you call yourself Igbos?

The igbo Jewish origin is just a mere claim for now, since there is no concrete evidence to prove it, but those who believe in it have all seen themselves as Hebrew and according to them the word igbo and Hebrew is the same thing , Israelites are Hebrew right so igbo is hibo IBO igbo Hebrew according to them, but for now it's all mere claims the Israeli government itself need concrete evidence to place the igbo Jews under the law of return for now igbo Jews don't exist till proven
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nlPoster: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:
I'm from Enugu state. But I see nothing wrong with the term DELTA IGBO.

The term *Delta Igbo* means Igbos living in current Delta state. Just like we have Osun Igbos(Indigenous Igbos living ij Osun state Ile Ife. If you doubt, ask Ooni he confirmed it), Benue Igbos(Indigenous Igbos in Benue state), Kogi Igbos(Indigenous Igbos in Kogi state, Ibaji to be precise), Cross rivers Igbo (Indigenous in cross river state) etc.

Osun is a state, not a town.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
I think Delta Igbo is a legit classification but I think it is a geographical thing rather than an ethnic thing. Delta Ibos are Ibos who live across the Niger. I think it is important because Delta Ibos have a bit of their own history. From Dennis Osadebey to Kaduna Nzeogwu to Hannibal Achuzie, Delta Ibo have stood out in a lot of fields especially during the Biafra War.Even though they were not geograohically part of Biafra, they still fought ferociously for Biafra so I think they have proclaimed their Ibo Identity in Blood.

I think the term Delta Ibo is a good thing. That will stop the mini-rebellion we are having from Igbo subgroups like the Ebu or Agbor claiming (For only political reasons) they are not Ibo.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Desperation is too bad.

Ignorance is worse. He is right
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
jimyjames:

Who are the most people? Where are they from tell me their origin,

Igbos should stick to the south East, who made them south East? When were they made south East under who's authority? Who made the igbos in Delta igbo Delta's who made them igbo Delta's?

If the Constitution of Nigeria is all it takes to make them Delta igbos, and south East igbos and rivers state igbos,
Then you should know they are Lagos igbos, Kano igbos, plateau igbos, Abuja igbos etc

Lol. I am a Lagos Igbo. Let anybody tell me otherwise. From Suru-LEri

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nlPoster: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
JonDon12:

Lol. I am a Lagos Igbo. Let anybody tell me otherwise. From Suru-LEri

By Lagos Igbo I assume you mean Lagosian.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
letu:
cheesy cheesy cheesy, if this is the case well then I'm from Ngwa Igbo so my fellow Igbo's now you can also identify yourself like them (Igbo Delta) eg
Nsuka Igbo, Ohafia Igbo, Nnewi Igbo,Owerri Igbo. grin

But that is how some Ibos Identify. There is no Ibo person that does not have a sub group. Anytime, especially in Diaspora, u meet an Ibo person, you also try to identify their subgroup. I met an Ibo person the other day from Imo State and I made sure I knew what part she was from (Owerri) because I was about to start talking crap about Mbaise. (I love Mbaise people by the way,, my best friend is from there, I just like to make Mbaise jokes). Every Ibo person has a sub group, the problem is when some Idiots on the outer rim of Ala Igbo start claiming their own tribe.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by jimyjames(m): 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoodua007:
What igbos want is the way kwara and kogi Yorubas want to be part of south west. They want their Igbo kitha to be part of south east. But unlike kwara and kogi Yorubas who want it. Delta igbos and nonse indigenous igbos don’t want it

So why have they been pressuring the federal government all these years to separate them from Delta? And do you know Obasanjo removed imo and Abia from South East and gave it to Niger Delta? Imo and Abia are under Niger Delta,
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
nlPoster:

By Lagos Igbo I assume you mean Lagosian.

No I mean Lagos Ibo or Lagosian Igbo. It is all the same. Like Millions of others in Surulere, Festac, Ikeja, Isolo etc. I dont mean to offend but there are millions of Igbos in Lagos so there is nothing wrong with the term Lagos Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nlPoster: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
JonDon12:

No I mean Lagos Ibo or Lagosian Igbo. It is all the same. Like Millions of others in Surulere, Festac, Ikeja, Isolo etc. I dont mean to offend but there are millions of Igbos in Lagos so there is nothing wrong with the term Lagos Igbo.

That's your opinion which you dont have to force on others?

How long have you been in Lagos?

People living in Lagos are known as Lagosians, irrespective of tribe.

In any case, Lagosian and Lagos Igbo are the same.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
gidgiddy:
About a week ago I went visit my sister at her home and met her with her friends 10 year old daughter who was also visiting. When I asked the girl where she was from she said she is a "Delta Igbo" from Ibuzo in Delta state. I had to tell the girl that Ibuzo was just the short form of "Igbo bi n'uzo" which translates as "Igbos who live along the road". It struck me that the younger generation of Igbos indigenous to Delta state now call themselves "Delta Igbos" as if this is an actual ethnic group. It's almost like me saying that I'm "Anambra Igbo" or calling calling Emeka Ihedioha an "Imo Igbo"

The Governor of Delta State happens to be an Igbo man. I think that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa should do something to halt this trend of of people starting to believe theres an ethnic group called "Delta Igbo", no such thing exists, Igbo is Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa should make a proclamation or a public utterance reminding indigenous Igbos of Delta state that the appellation "Delta" is just for geographical convenience and not an actual ethnic name. If this is allowed to continue, in another 50 years, these people will start calling themselves "Deltans"
Nothing like delta igbo" is called Delta ibo. know d difference between ibo and igbo.

Delta ibo language is different from the igbo language. They're two different tribes.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by gidgiddy: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoodua007:
What igbos want is the way kwara and kogi Yorubas want to be part of south west. They want their Igbo kitha to be part of south east. But unlike kwara and kogi Yorubas who want it. Delta igbos and nonse indigenous igbos don’t want it

In reality, South East is just a geographical location. The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called South East or South South

What I was trying to say is that it would sound strange if one Yoruba start to call themselves "Ogun Yoruba" or "Osun Yoruba"

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
JonDon12:

Ignorance is worse. He is right

He is wrong and not in anyway right young man.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
honourhim:

You spoke like a fool.

SS is catered for? By who?

Its a shame that someone still thinks like this in 2019.

How many of SS people own oil well?

Which of the states in SS is as beautiful as Abuja? A place they used oil money to build.

What percentage of SS people are working in the oil companies?

Gold business is done by individuals in the north but the SS oil is being shared by the whole country.

Now that they are claiming they ve found oil in Bauchi state lets see how many of your SS people that they will allow to own their oil well or even work in the companies there.

How come the FG have refused to bring back the headquarters of the oil companies to SS

And your foolish mind is telling you that they are catering for. What shame.

Wait and see how terrible SS will be treated as the north keeps progressing in oil discovery in their region.

You can go and be ordained a Reverend because not everyone listens to that

How they are treated is not my business. Whether they are treated like trash has no bearing or connection with me.

Who picks infested firewood, owes the lizard a debt.

All you wrote means nothing but gibberish. I have learnt to mind my business.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
nlPoster:

That's your opinion which you dont have to force on others?

How long have you been in Lagos?

People living in Lagos are known as Lagosians, irrespective of tribe.

I was born in Lagos. And I will tell you even though I am grateful to Yorubas for their peaceful ways, I rarely associated with them. This was not consciously but because I was totally surrounded by Ibos. Family friends were Ibo. All my neighbours were Ibo, My school friends were mostly Ibo and I can say that I lived within an Ibo cocoon in Lagos. I dated a couple of really lovely Yoruba Girls though. As they say Beauty has no tribe. LOL.

Either way, there are so many Ibos in Lagos, that Lagos Ibo is a real classification.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Omoodua007: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
jimyjames:

So why have they been pressuring the federal government all these years to separate them from Delta? And do you know Obasanjo removed imo and Abia from South East and gave it to Niger Delta? Imo and Abia are under Niger Delta,

IMO abia under Niger delta
I never hear that one before o
For Yorubas it was the British/claim to ilorin that took away all of kwara kogi to punish west and give more seat to obedient north
For delta igbos idk maybe cause of river

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Nothing like delta igbo" is called Delta ibo. know d difference between ibo and igbo.

Delta ibo language is different from the igbo language. They're two different tribes.

Thats a whole load of trash my friend. Ibo and Igbo are and always have been and always will be the same. I prefer using Ibo because I reject Igbo Izugbe and Standardization of a beautiful Language. I love having the ability to pin point some ones home land based on their Ibo.

P.S. I looked on your posts. I saw u are an Adiye Aguwannabe. I am sorry you are not Ibo or Igbo so please accept your Inferiority and do yourself a favor and stay out of the thread before hypertension catch u.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
gidgiddy:

In reality, South East is just a geographical location. The constitution of Nigeria does not recognise anything called South East or South South

What I was trying to say is that it would sound strange if one Yoruba start to call themselves "Ogun Yoruba" or "Osun Yoruba"

South east is no longer a tribe but a Nation.

please be guided.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoodua007:

IMO abia under Niger delta
I never hear that one before o
For Yorubas it was the British/claim to ilorin that took away all of kwara kogi to punish west and give more seat to obedient north
For delta igbos idk maybe cause of river

Go back to school and learn.
Ignorance is bad even while exhibiting on public when they are trying to correct you.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Omoodua007: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Go back to school and learn.
Ignorance is bad even while exhibiting on public when they are trying to correct you.

You can’t have a conversation devoid of insults

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by JonDon12: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

He is wrong and not in anyway right young man.

As I say, Ignorance is a bad thing. You are not even Igbo. What are you doing on this thread? Delta Igbo is Igbo. That is why it is called Delta Igbo. It is not called Delta Yoruba or Delta Hausa. It is called Delta Igbo because our lineage is from the Iboland. It used to be called Bendel Igbo when Bendel was a state. Now it is called Delta Ibo. We wear and have red cap chiefs just like the Ibo. We break Kola. We worship Chukwu. We have new Yam festivals. We are christians, We are entrepreneural, We are world travellers. Anywhere in the world, you go, you will see both an Ibo man and a Delta Ibo man. We bear Ibo names. Our women are both beautiful and Intelligent. Whether it is Anioma, Aniocha, Delta Ibo, Delta Igbo, Bendel Ibo(Igbo), We are all Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
nlPoster:

Osun is a state, not a town.

So wetin I type? No be Osun state I type?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Ikechunna: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
gidgiddy:
About a week ago I went visit my sister at her home and met her with her friends 10 year old daughter who was also visiting. When I asked the girl where she was from she said she is a "Delta Igbo" from Ibuzo in Delta state. I had to tell the girl that Ibuzo was just the short form of "Igbo bi n'uzo" which translates as "Igbos who live along the road". It struck me that the younger generation of Igbos indigenous to Delta state now call themselves "Delta Igbos" as if this is an actual ethnic group. It's almost like me saying that I'm "Anambra Igbo" or calling calling Emeka Ihedioha an "Imo Igbo"

The Governor of Delta State happens to be an Igbo man. I think that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa should do something to halt this trend of of people starting to believe theres an ethnic group called "Delta Igbo", no such thing exists, Igbo is Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa should make a proclamation or a public utterance reminding indigenous Igbos of Delta state that the appellation "Delta" is just for geographical convenience and not an actual ethnic name. If this is allowed to continue, in another 50 years, these people will start calling themselves "Deltans"

I told myself that I won't log onto this forum for awhile but seeing this topic, I just had to say something. What the hell is wrong with some of you SE Igbos? Like seriously wtf is wrong with some of you people. We classify ourselves as Delta igbo because Delta State isn't like SE where Igbos are majority of the tribes. It'll be stupid for an Anambra lgbo to mention their Anambra Igbo because Anambra is predominately igbo and majority of people identify Anambra as an igbo state. An igala from Anambra on the other will obviously mention their state as that indicates they aren't Igbo. Most Anioma that don't identify as igbo do not use the term Delta Igbo, that term is used by those of us that identify as Igbo. So in what way does saying we're delta Igbo seperate ourselves as igbo. I've come to the conclusion that this isn't our problem, this is SE problem. Una had a problem with the term Anioma and now Delta Igbo. You can call yourselves Wawa, Oniba or whatever name Anambra people call themselves but let anyone else call themselves a name and that's like war. This is una problem, not ours. I've finally realized that..Some of una have inferiority complex and project that inferiority complex on others. Okowa does not need to change anything rather you and those that think like you should work on yourself. Your inferiority complex is your problem, not ours. If you don't like the term Delta Igbo, get over it. The day I see una crying to Enugu people for calling themselves Wawa or Anambra for calling themselves imbalance or Omabala or whatever is the day I take una seriously.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
JonDon12:

As I say, Ignorance is a bad thing. You are not even Igbo. What are you doing on this thread? Delta Igbo is Igbo. That is why it is called Delta Igbo. It is not called Delta Yoruba or Delta Hausa. It is called Delta Igbo because our lineage is from the Iboland. It used to be called Bendel Igbo when Bendel was a state. Now it is called Delta Ibo. We wear and have red cap chiefs just like the Ibo. We break Kola. We worship Chukwu. We have new Yam festivals. We are christians, We are entrepreneural, We are world travellers. Anywhere in the world, you go, you will see both an Ibo man and a Delta Ibo man. We bear Ibo names. Our women are both beautiful and Intelligent. Whether it is Anioma, Aniocha, Delta Ibo, Delta Igbo, Bendel Ibo(Igbo), We are all Igbo.

The volume is low. Increase it abeg for those Afonjas

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
JonDon12:

Epistles of John.

next.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Epistles of John.

next.

You are one of Nigeria's problems. Are you an Easterner? Have you crossed the Niger river? This issue is a family issue not an afonja issue. Always poke nosing.

We are All Igbos. If you are pained, lick your gf ass

That's the correct map of Ala-Igbo. If you are pained, go meet your mama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Appeal Court Ruling On Rivers State Commission Of Inquiry / Gaddafi Warns About Influx Of Millions Of Blacks Including Nigerians To Europe / IBB - I'll Re-Marry Soon Following The Demise Of My Wife Maryam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.