Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,932 members, 7,956,505 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga (8862 Views)

JUST IN: Peter Obi Wins Lagos, Shredding Bola Tinubu’s Toga Of Invincibility In / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta / 7 Reasons Why Atiku Corrupt Toga Is a Myth !!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Yujin(m): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
gidgiddy:

Stop talking nonsense, there is no difference between an Igbo from Delta state and an Igbo from Imo. Igbo is Igbo.
Say all you like but it won't change the reality on ground. Of all Igbos in the SS, Igbos of Delta are circumstantially different in that they were never regionally together with the rest of us. They underwent a lot of name change due to the politics of Nigeria. They were first in western Nigeria and were referred to as 'western Igbos. Then they were carved into the Midwest and were identified with that nomenclature. When Handel state was created, they again were being called 'Bendel Igbo' including us from the SE. Today, they're referred to as 'Delta Igbos' and majority of us from SE still refer to them as such. Though we all are Igbos, subconsciously, some of us still show some little segregation when dealing with them. Didn't Peter Okocha complain about it when the issue of the sixth Igbo state was being considered by the federal government? This is the truth. Fortunately, say from the last five years, a great awakening came to the SE Igbos on identifying with our people in SS and I'll say IPOB did a good job there. So, when you see pockets of these Igbos from Delta state still identifying themselves so, just assume that these are the few that are yet to be awakened and the job lies on us to bring them to the fold. Let me digress a bit. Not long ago, my own Anambra folks both online and offline tend to mock our Ebonyi people (whether jokingly or not). Today, our enemies have latched on this to try and cause disaffection among us. Thankfully, my Anambra pips have seen the error in this and have started to stop the foolishness. No one can rebuild Igbo unity except us and we must do this with tact. Our enemies are so itchy so continuously see to our disarray so that they can easily steal our entitlements. Nwanne, see things from another angle and don't be quick to blame our people who need our support. Udo diri umuIgbo nile. Isee!

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Yujin(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ikechunna:

I told myself that I won't log onto this forum for awhile but seeing this topic, I just had to say something. What the hell is wrong with some of you SE Igbos? Like seriously wtf is wrong with some of you people. We classify ourselves as Delta igbo because Delta State isn't like SE where Igbos are majority of the tribes. It'll be stupid for an Anambra lgbo to mention their Anambra Igbo because Anambra is predominately igbo and majority of people identify Anambra as an igbo state. An igala from Anambra on the other will obviously mention their state as that indicates they aren't Igbo. Most Anioma that don't identify as igbo do not use the term Delta Igbo, that term is used by those of us that identify as Igbo. So in what way does saying we're delta Igbo seperate ourselves as igbo. I've come to the conclusion that this isn't our problem, this is SE problem. Una had a problem with the term Anioma and now Delta Igbo. You can call yourselves Wawa, Oniba or whatever name Anambra people call themselves but let anyone else call themselves a name and that's like war. This is una problem, not ours. I've finally realized that..Some of una have inferiority complex and project that inferiority complex on others. Okowa does not need to change anything rather you and those that think like you should work on yourself. Your inferiority complex is your problem, not ours. If you don't like the term Delta Igbo, get over it. The day I see una crying to Enugu people for calling themselves Wawa or Anambra for calling themselves imbalance or Omabala or whatever is the day I take una seriously.
Nwayo Odogwu na Asaba smiley.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Johans1991: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Land grabbers doing what they know how to do
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nlPoster: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2019
JonDon12:

I was born in Lagos. And I will tell you even though I am grateful to Yorubas for their peaceful ways, I rarely associated with them. This was not consciously but because I was totally surrounded by Ibos. Family friends were Ibo. All my neighbours were Ibo, My school friends were mostly Ibo and I can say that I lived within an Ibo cocoon in Lagos. I dated a couple of really lovely Yoruba Girls though. As they say Beauty has no tribe. LOL.

Either way, there are so many Ibos in Lagos, that Lagos Ibo is a real classification.

In Nigeria, people dont interact too much outside their ethnic groups unless for underlying business or financial purposes, so even if they reside in a different locality, they still go to their places of origin as often as they can and also socialize mostly in their own culture.

So, while I doubt you're Nigerian at all (it's possible), most Nigerians would not place too much emphasis on being "born in Lagos" because they know that would not necessarily prevent inter-ethnic interaction. In addition, what also makes me doubt your narrative is most people born in lagos would not specify Yorubas only as the only other tribe they met there.

But yes, Lagos Ibo/Igbo is the same as Lagosian.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Yinibixema: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2019
[s]
nlPoster:

In Nigeria, people dont interact too much outside their ethnic groups unless for underlying business or financial purposes, so even if they reside in a different locality, they still go to their places of origin as often as they can and also socialize mostly in their own culture.

So, while I doubt you're Nigerian at all (it's possible), most Nigerians would not place too much emphasis on being "born in Lagos" because they know that would not necessarily prevent inter-ethnic interaction. In addition, what also makes me doubt your narrative is most people born in lagos would not specify Yorubas only as the only other tribe they met there.

But yes, Lagos Ibo/Igbo is the same as Lagosian.
[/s]
Lagos igbo isn’t lagosian. Lagosians are yorubas in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Yinibixema: 1:21am On Nov 06, 2019
[s]
JonDon12:

Lol. I am a Lagos Igbo. Let aybody tell me otherwise. From Suru-LEri
[/s]
Nothing like lagos igbo because you aren’t indigenous to Lagos state. Stop deceiving yourself
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Ikechunna: 1:38am On Nov 06, 2019
Yujin:

Nwayo Odogwu na Asaba smiley.
I'm fine. My comment isn't even addressing SE, it addressing those like giddigi and those that think like him. The inferiority complex that's littered that shithole call Niggeria have infested him. I feel sorry for him
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Area4Area: 2:48am On Nov 06, 2019
jimyjames:

So what's your point? Or didn't you read the part I said the igbos in Delta want a separate state of their own, anioma state?
Let them have their state first and refer to themselves what they feel like, not your business
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Area4Area: 2:50am On Nov 06, 2019
meccuno:
my Urohbo friend is always reminding me how Delta State belongs to them. He hates APC and Yoruba people but says he wouldn't mind his people joining APC just to remove Okowa who is an Igbo man. Sometimes I laugh at those Igbos who deny their heritage just for a plate of porridge. In Delta,the other tribes refer to the Anioma people as Igbos. In Rivers,the Ijaws call the ikwerris Igbo people. When their eyes will be open it would be so clear that they would start seeing ghosts.
Land grabbers, are you from Rivers or Delta state?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 06, 2019
JonDon12:

As I say, Ignorance is a bad thing. You are not even Igbo. What are you doing on this thread? Delta Igbo is Igbo. That is why it is called Delta Igbo. It is not called Delta Yoruba or Delta Hausa. It is called Delta Igbo because our lineage is from the Iboland. It used to be called Bendel Igbo when Bendel was a state. Now it is called Delta Ibo. We wear and have red cap chiefs just like the Ibo. We break Kola. We worship Chukwu. We have new Yam festivals. We are christians, We are entrepreneural, We are world travellers. Anywhere in the world, you go, you will see both an Ibo man and a Delta Ibo man. We bear Ibo names. Our women are both beautiful and Intelligent. Whether it is Anioma, Aniocha, Delta Ibo, Delta Igbo, Bendel Ibo(Igbo), We are all Igbo.
Metaphysical right now.

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii helinues omenka afamed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 06, 2019
JonDon12:

Thats a whole load of trash my friend. Ibo and Igbo are and always have been and always will be the same. I prefer using Ibo because I reject Igbo Izugbe and Standardization of a beautiful Language. I love having the ability to pin point some ones home land based on their Ibo.

P.S. I looked on your poster. I saw u are an Adiye Aguwannabe. I am sorry you are not Ibo or Igbo so please accept your Inferiority and do yourself a favor and stay out of the thread before hypertension catch u.
Delta ibos identify themselves as that because they are not igbo and i wouldn't blame them. Blame the yorubas and other tribes that use 'Delta ibo in describing them. They've already let the whole world knows they aren't igbo.

There re several delta ibos so dont waste ur time. Go to onitsha and made the people there igbo first.

Itaekeris , esan , igala Benin, afenmai and the egun people are not yoruba...but some of them bears yoruba names
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Delta ibos identify themselves as that because they are not igbo and i wouldn't blame them. Blame the yorubas and other tribes that use 'Delta ibo in describing them. They've already let the whole world knows they aren't igbo.

There re several delta ibos so dont waste ur time. Go to onitsha and made the people there igbo first.

Itaekeris , esan , igala Benin, afenmai and the egun people are not yoruba...but some of them bears yoruba names
But Delta Igbo will become Igbo when the time comes to share Federal appointments grin

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii afamed anonimi helinues greenback

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 06, 2019
immhotep:

But Delta Igbo will become Igbo when the time comes to share Federal appointments grin

Cant u listen? Is called Delta ibo. As long as they're from delta they're not igbo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Cant u listen? Is called Delta ibo. As long as they're from delta they're not igbo
So this means that Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu (from Okpanam in Delta State ) was not Igbo and he did not organize/lead the so called Igbo coup. grin

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii afamed anonimi greenback

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by LZAA: 5:52am On Nov 06, 2019
immhotep:

So this means that Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu (from Okpanam in Delta State ) was not Igbo and he did not organize/lead the so called Igbo coup. grin

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii afamed anonimi greenback
Chai grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by LZAA: 5:53am On Nov 06, 2019
immhotep:

grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Benin's bear Yoruba names? It's like you are made
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 06, 2019
LZAA:

Chai grin
Onijagidijagan will soon tell us that Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu (from Okpanam in Delta State) was Igbo but the rest of the Delta Igbos are not Igbo.

Sai mama. grin

Cc MelesZenawi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by LZAA: 6:13am On Nov 06, 2019
immhotep:

Onijagidijagan will soon tell us that Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu (from Okpanam in Delta State) was Igbo but the rest of the Delta Igbos are not Igbo.

Sai mama. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2019
Ikechunna:

I told myself that I won't log onto this forum for awhile but seeing this topic, I just had to say something. What the hell is wrong with some of you SE Igbos? Like seriously wtf is wrong with some of you people. We classify ourselves as Delta igbo because Delta State isn't like SE where Igbos are majority of the tribes. It'll be stupid for an Anambra lgbo to mention their Anambra Igbo because Anambra is predominately igbo and majority of people identify Anambra as an igbo state. An igala from Anambra on the other will obviously mention their state as that indicates they aren't Igbo. Most Anioma that don't identify as igbo do not use the term Delta Igbo, that term is used by those of us that identify as Igbo. So in what way does saying we're delta Igbo seperate ourselves as igbo. I've come to the conclusion that this isn't our problem, this is SE problem. Una had a problem with the term Anioma and now Delta Igbo. You can call yourselves Wawa, Oniba or whatever name Anambra people call themselves but let anyone else call themselves a name and that's like war. This is una problem, not ours. I've finally realized that..Some of una have inferiority complex and project that inferiority complex on others. Okowa does not need to change anything rather you and those that think like you should work on yourself. Your inferiority complex is your problem, not ours. If you don't like the term Delta Igbo, get over it. The day I see una crying to Enugu people for calling themselves Wawa or Anambra for calling themselves imbalance or Omabala or whatever is the day I take una seriously.

You spoke very well and well.

Nothing is wrong with that just that the young man you quoted is a desperate human being.

He has attended too much Ipob meeting that he can't reason normal again.

Delta Igbo is not wrong but perfectly right.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by meccuno: 6:16am On Nov 06, 2019
[s]
Area4Area:
Land grabbers, are you from Rivers or Delta state?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 06, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:

You are one of Nigeria's problems. Are you an Easterner? Have you crossed the Niger river? This issue is a family issue not an afonja issue. Always poke nosing.

We are All Igbos. If you are pained, lick your gf ass

That's the correct map of Ala-Igbo. If you are pained, go meet your mama

I have told you to stop writing trash and rubbish.

A young man in this 21st century suppose to be sound in his submission not running round a thread like a loose dog.

Writing gibberish everyday.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Ikechunna:

I'm fine. My comment isn't even addressing SE, it addressing those like giddigi and those that think like him. The inferiority complex that's littered that shithole call Niggeria have infested him. I feel sorry for him

Seriously sorry for him.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by meccuno: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Yujin:

Say all you like but it won't change the reality on ground. Of all Igbos in the SS, Igbos of Delta are circumstantially different in that they were never regionally together with the rest of us. They underwent a lot of name change due to the politics of Nigeria. They were first in western Nigeria and were referred to as 'western Igbos. Then they were carved into the Midwest and were identified with that nomenclature. When Handel state was created, they again were being called 'Bendel Igbo' including us from the SE. Today, they're referred to as 'Delta Igbos' and majority of us from SE still refer to them as such. Though we all are Igbos, subconsciously, some of us still show some little segregation when dealing with them. Didn't Peter Okocha complain about it when the issue of the sixth Igbo state was being considered by the federal government? This is the truth. Fortunately, say from the last five years, a great awakening came to the SE Igbos on identifying with our people in SS and I'll say IPOB did a good job there. So, when you see pockets of these Igbos from Delta state still identifying themselves so, just assume that these are the few that are yet to be awakened and the job lies on us to bring them to the fold. Let me digress a bit. Not long ago, my own Anambra folks both online and offline tend to mock our Ebonyi people (whether jokingly or not). Today, our enemies have latched on this to try and cause disaffection among us. Thankfully, my Anambra pips have seen the error in this and have started to stop the foolishness. No one can rebuild Igbo unity except us and we must do this with tact. Our enemies are so itchy so continuously see to our disarray so that they can easily steal our entitlements. Nwanne, see things from another angle and don't be quick to blame our people who need our support. Udo diri umuIgbo nile. Isee!
Thisis exactly what i have been thinking. My delta Igbo lady friend was always saying i am delta Igbo until i explained things to her. i think the best thing in this regard is the IPOB dudes. some people might not agree but thats the truth. people need to keep talking or we would be divided. The Igbos are a great people. but our enemies want us divided.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 06, 2019
Igbosmoker:
Benin's bear Yoruba names? It's like you are made

Now you kicking but was the first to comment earlier.

Benin and Yorubas.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Westtimeline: 6:32am On Nov 06, 2019
jimyjames:

Who are the most people? Where are they from tell me their origin,

Igbos should stick to the south East, who made them south East? When were they made south East under who's authority? Who made the igbos in Delta igbo Delta's who made them igbo Delta's?

If the Constitution of Nigeria is all it takes to make them Delta igbos, and south East igbos and rivers state igbos,
Then you should know they are Lagos igbos, Kano igbos, plateau igbos, Abuja igbos etc
Who made igbo themselves igbo cos you are asking stupid questions.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by LZAA: 6:37am On Nov 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You spoke very well and well.

Nothing is wrong with that just that the young man you quoted is a desperate human being.

He has attended too much Ipob meeting that he can't reason normal again.

Delta Igbo is not wrong but perfectly right.
U never tire for ur doppelganger tin for hia
Once u are igbo u are igbo
The cuvil war caused all these confusion and dislike
We already had killings of igbo up north even before the first coup
Ndigbo know themselves and also it's only efulefus and afonja wannabes that criticize ndigbo
So calm down and admit igbo amaka jor wink
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Westtimeline: 6:38am On Nov 06, 2019
Thermodynamics:

Even Igbo too originated from somewhere, according to you guys, you originated from Israel, why don't you call yourselves Israelites, why do you call yourself Igbos?
Great point.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Westtimeline: 6:40am On Nov 06, 2019
Yujin:

Says an impostor on an evil mission. I've been silently watching you as you try to blend in while subtly injecting poison. You've failed because our time is in the offing. Get out from Igbo threads. You have no business here.
Na your father get the forum, how dare you ask him to get out. Did your family members buy phone and sub for him. Balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 06, 2019
LZAA:

U never tire for ur doppelganger tin for hia
Once u are igbo u are igbo
The cuvil war caused all these confusion and dislike
We already had killings of igbo up north even before the first coup
Ndigbo know themselves and also it's only efulefus and afonja wannabes that criticize ndigbo
So calm down and admit igbo amaka jor wink
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed

Is like the desperation is now much.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 06, 2019
Westtimeline:
Who made igbo themselves igbo cos you are asking stupid questions.

Are Yari:ba, Yaribansass, oodua ?

Which one?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Westtimeline: 6:50am On Nov 06, 2019
Yujin:
See how all the busybodies are jumping into a thread that doesn't concern them. They're always seeking for the means to keep Igbos divided. Tufiakwa!
It would have been better if you had advice your brother to take the matter to your useless nairaland wannabe biafrasay. No one would have given a damn. This forum belongs to yoruba man, get that into your skull.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg / Electoral Act: Buhari Has Hidden Agenda – Afenifere / 2, 000 Lagos ACN Members Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.