Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Before You Marry As A Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Marry As A Man (39809 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
ornicus:

I cannot advise you to marry on those earnings. I say this because even if you do not plan on having children, unless you and your wife use condoms every single time, you may find your self with a child in short order. That money cannot even cover diapers , much less baby clothes, baby food, wipes etc. and it is all uphill from there. You will rapidly become frustrated and miserable.

Unless your hustle brings in significant income, I can’t advise it. Don’t believe all that story of you can live on 30k per month. You will be barely subsisting, and you and your wife will grow old fast

Thank you for your contribution sir. Of course am not planning to marry now neither will i continue to earn same amount till the next two years, remember its business and not salary. My question is, to the married men, how much was their monthly saving before going into marriage. And if you are yet to marry, how much would you advise to be my target? Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Youngzedd(m): 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
9jayes:
3 bedrooms flat for Anambra is just 35k per year while dat of Kastina is 15k

Even in my village you can't get this your 35k.

3 bedroom apartment in Onitsha, Anambra state ranges from 180,000 - 360,000 NGN per annum.

In Onitsha, you can barely see face me I face you for 35k per annum.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by bonnyhope: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:

Thanks, am grateful for sharing your bright mind on this matter. Some of the considerations are, starting life as a young man is comparatively easier than Lag whr my family is based, part of the plan is to make the money here and educate my kids in Lag under the watch of my parents, while they come here for holiday just like boarding school kids.

Educate your kids in Lag??
Not a good plan, private schools fee in lag are on the high side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Youngzedd(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
xcelentattitude:

*Clap for yourself*

If I may ask what is your definition of a good life?
I suppose you're leading a good life right now and it's because you aren't paying your tithe and offering right?

Religion is man's attempt to manage his confusion about God>>>>>>Christianity is not a religion, has never been and will never be>>>> It is a revelation; an experience from the Holy Spirit! ¶¶¶¶ life is spiritual, therefore I must be spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:

Thank you for your contribution sir. Of course am not planning to marry now neither will i continue to earn same amount till the next two years, remember its business and not salary. My question is, to the married men, how much was their monthly saving before going into marriage. And if you are yet to marry, how much would you advise to be my target? Thanks

Maybe because I am/was salaried, I do not think of saving towards marriage. Rather, I would say your income should reach a level. Your marriage is not a one off. It is a revolving expense. In 2003, I was earning 29k. I did not get married. In 2005, I was earning 50k . I did not get married. I then got a job paying. 150k, and I was married in 6 months. If course one can still lose a job, I do not look at marriage, which should last a life time, and which will ideally yield kids as something you save towards. Maybe I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by bonnyhope: 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
ekestic1976:

You dey pay tithe and offering! Well, e be like say sufferness never reach your side, bro.

Our God is a wonderful God

You are eating today not because you are wise not to pay tithe/offering but is because of the mercy of God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by nanizle(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.

..much .

Why do you pay tithe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by franchasng: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Casalinda:
Getting married is beautiful and it comes with it own little blessings. But I dnt feel it will be nice settling down with your present income. Well it depend on your location, because it seem accommodations at your location seem cheap and affordable. But dnt settle down yet. Give your self a little more time to grow financially I and I do not support people who bring in kids into this world and are not able to meet those kids needs
Wish you all the best and pray you succeed
Tell them

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
pocohantas:

Go and marry biko. I am sure money is not your problem. You are busy screening women upandan. angry angry

It's not the right time cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Jh0wsef(m): 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
dhoney007:

These are lovely! please I will love to learn
how can you help me ��

Thank you. let's talk on WhatsApp. I offer tutors too 08187163923

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by YorubaPrince: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
franchasng:
Op, you need to change your dream and vision. You can never achieve what you never dreamed or envisaged. Like Acidosis rightfully said, you need to dream a bit higher than what you narrated if you want to give your future family a deserving life free from the same family poverty cycle peculiar with Nigerian families.

I will suggest you raise your age mandate for settling down to 33 or 34yrs to enable you have a hold of your financial life first. Continue on your entrepreneurship pathway but keep applying for better paying paid jobs to enable you save up and gain more experience you can apply in your future business dealings.

Your words touched me....you come of as a determined young man who found himself in the rat race of black African nation with stupid leaders which I am sure you contributed in electing. May God help you

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by bigpicture001: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
Op..du u know that ur certificate can earn u 150k monthly job...? That if u know ur education decipline well enough....many times we rush to enterprenuershio even when we dont need it

My take is dat...enterprenuer ship might b a very long road to no good end atyms..it only givs the self satisfaction that you dont anseer to anyone...but dt not what you need..instead, u need money....

Try and look for better job whilst u still huzle..if u get one..dump d huzle cuz earnibg and stress is too much on it... from ur wages...save!

And then mayb u could try ur hand later on enterprenuership later

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by omotola90(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
GeneralPula:
See as this guy man dey plan ahead for these hoes that ain’t worth it. Okay, Good luck

Me, I just dey here dey rock this song;

Hopsin- Hotel in Sydney... coolnot really bro, he will definitely marry long last. He will surely marry his wife by his grace.you will definitely marry too. Won't you

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Bbbwings: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
Self con where I dey na 115k

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Bbbwings: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
nanizle:

Why do you pay tithe?
Help me ask am o.
Inside life 30k for this Buhari economy

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
ornicus:

Maybe because I am/was salaried, I do not think of saving towards marriage. Rather, I would say your income should reach a level. Your marriage is not a one off. It is a revolving expense. In 2003, I was earning 29k. I did not get married. In 2005, I was earning 50k . I did not get married. I then got a job paying. 150k, and I was married in 6 months. If course one can still lose a job, I do not look at marriage, which should last a life time, and which will ideally yield kids as something you save towards. Maybe I’m wrong.
I get your point now, thank you sir.
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by MrHistorian: 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
What will marriage offer you that bachelorship can't?

I seriously need to know! LOL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
metrosexual:
Just set an age when you intend to get married, before this time achieve some financial flexibility according to the means you can live with.

Mr A's level might be having at least 200k in savings and a one bed room house before marriage.

Mr B's level might be having at least 3 million naira savings, a car and a 3 bedroom flat before marriage.

Just pick a level of reach you know can fit your life.

Lastly, don't listen to those ignorant folks who would tell you that just marry now, other things would come later, alot of marriage folks are suffering in silence and hiding under the useless pride of being called "married".
lol you make it sound like it is marriage that is the cause of the suffering...well if you must also know most single folks are also suffering too

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Grupo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
wristbangle:

Naanlong1, please ignore this statement. There is blessing when you are a tither as it paves way when situation becomes tough

He has been tithing yet earns 30k a month.

Many of us don't tithe, don't even believe in your God yet we earn that 30k in a day most times.

So where is the blessing?

Only an ultra foolish African believes that handing his money over to a pastor charlatan would make him rich.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Edusouls(m): 10:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
You still have a long way to go, and lots of work, maturity and experience to acquire, so stop thinking about marriage now...

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by iammolise(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Seanteewhy:
Put all your savings on sure 2 odd after 2 years and thank me later
cheesy
U're not serious at all grin
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
It seems everyone on nairaland leaves in Lagos...the way you all are screaming 50k for rent...lol. ppl are leaving happily in very good apartment for 50k and you all are screaming...smh... obviously most ppl don't travel to experience other environment

6 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kollinz1234(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2019
franchasng:
This is why black African nations, especially Nigeria is so backward and poverty infested the way it is today....it is this stupid mentality of marrying with the hope of getting lucky even without plans.

Don't plan your life on luck, if not, life will teach you a sad lesson, be careful.....have a defined goal and financial plan/stability before you go into marriage if not, you will likely be producing children that will continue with the black African nation rat race of struggling to survive everyday and migrating to anywhere they hear about just to make ends meet, be warned!

Marriage is not compulsory if you as the man and your would-be wife are not financially okay to take care of a happy home
lol u speak from a realist point of view, I understand. Money is good, but money doesn't save marriage. That is the mistake millions are making, that is why billionaires, millionaires etc are still divorcing. "He who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. If wait till u are 40 and u still don't make the money (from ur own view) how will u take care of ur kids when they are 20 and u are 60 and ur streght dwindled. Ur biggest mistake will be to wait till u make money and then end up not getting the money and getting married late. At that stage, its even better not to get married or have kids because they will become nuisance to the society.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by stunningjudy(f): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2019
9jayes:

Where in anambra? angry

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by iammolise(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
Life is live and let live... We as men just worry too much about everything, carry too much weight on our shoulders every gadam minute of our lives. if I would give my advice on this is that u should just find a good girl ready to work things through with u hand in hand... Urs is better now, Shabi u still see 30k save.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
gurunlocker:
Did you say 50k for 2 bedroom flat?

I want to know your village o....
travel and educate yourself... Alot of cities In Nigeria you will get good 2 bedroom flat for less than 50k a month

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
Youngzedd:

Even in my village you can't get this your 35k.

3 bedroom apartment in Onitsha, Anambra state ranges from 180,000 - 360,000 NGN.

In Onitsha, you can barely see face me I face you for 35k.

are you referring to per annum or per month?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Petjnr: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
After making all ur savings...will mone saved gurantee u a good wife?...ur money bcome useless wen u marry 7the wrong person u7

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
Bbbwings:
Self con where I dey na 115k
per month?
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Small-mindedness.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by loswhite(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Grupo:

He has been tithing yet earns 30k a month.

Many of us don't tithe, don't even believe in your God yet we earn that 30k in a day most times.

So where is the blessing?

Only an ultra foolish African believes that handing his money over to a pastor charlatan would make him rich.
you can't even read...lol. he saves 30k not earn 30k per month

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Sirmuel1(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
9jayes:

Sounds strange. How much be self con for the same area for Katina

The cheapest 3Bedroom I've seen so far is 80k

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.